Should I Pick up PWI Again?

Sovanara - Heavens Tear
Sovanara - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Hey folks! b:pleased

I'm an old player trying to find games after quitting WoW. If you were a player like me, it's not easy to adjust to new games.

I've been looking for a fun animal mmorpg and I decided I wanted to get PWI another shot if the community and game is worth seeing again. I've been struggling with learning things and most places won't help, just encourage you to level up in a short amount of time whether you messed up your character or not.

The guides are great, but not everything is easy to understand to someone like me who cannot process things. It's helpful, but people discourage or most things to make easier and not doing reroll is the cash shop. I prefer a F2P game worth just to play for free without relying on the cash shop to repair a bad boo-boo or have it the only way to survive the game.

I do not do a lot of gaming nowadays. School is starting up again and my true hobbies are focused on art, writing and webdesign. I like something to come do at times and share some great times without a lot of coming on to meet any jerks, people who are offended to any of my jokes; which people really don't get the true meaning and to come on just to log.. I'm a casual player just to finish it off.

If my expectations are high, I'm sorry. I just can't stand any more people who aren't friendly. I already seen and heard of a lot of cyberbullying which really makes me sad.

Thanks ^^
Post edited by Sovanara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Cyberbullying happens anywhere. It's up to you to determine who irritates you and blacklist them. It's easy.

Concerning gameplay the game is fairly easy to learn for someone somewhat accustomed to RPG's. This is a typical **** n slash action RPG with a very low learning curve. If you're playing a veno the guide are pretty simple and straight forward as to what skills are most beneficial, and there's quite a lot of content for a very simple player who doesn't want to go from zero to a hundred in five seconds to enjoy.

As for bugs/glitches, there's lots. Keep your expectations very, very low for this game in those regards.
  • Sovanara - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Cyberbullying happens anywhere. It's up to you to determine who irritates you and blacklist them. It's easy.

Concerning gameplay the game is fairly easy to learn for someone somewhat accustomed to RPG's. This is a typical **** n slash action RPG with a very low learning curve. If you're playing a veno the guide are pretty simple and straight forward as to what skills are most beneficial, and there's quite a lot of content for a very simple player who doesn't want to go from zero to a hundred in five seconds to enjoy.

That's true.

I ignore them, but sometimes if it's almost everyone in a guild, I have no choice but to leave or earn a new reputation if it spreads.

Thank you pointing out what rpg is this. I'm not quite sure if I want to try a Veno or a Barb. I tried both, but they ended up with some bad builds which I haven't the money to spend or farm for the Reset item. I just restart them and the same environment gets mildly old. I'm relieved the contents high because so many level 100's complain about end-game being suckish. I'll make it worth my while if I'm swayed.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    One thing Ill give PW is that it is one of the easiest games to play of all the F2P Ive tried. You can play the game with just the mouse and a few keys unlike most other games where the mouse is just used for targeting and you have to peck around the keyboard for everything else. You can peck the keyboard here too if you choose, but you are at least given the choice.

I found the early levels fun too the first couple of times thru. Dont ever want to do it again tho, its gotten old.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you don't let the players, the exploits, and the pressure of needing to be "cashshopped", then you can probably have a decent time.

However, with what I mentioned, it can be a pain to ignore it all, in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I advise you not to play this, the company doesnt even care about their customer and this game has so many bug and glitches that have been here for years.

Recently there was a chat censor issue that actually censored out players names and those players were unable to play the game. The issue still hasnt been completely fixed.

There is also a Frost glitch that is allowing players to reach max level extremely fast. And the company can really do nothing about.

Also, the company has these items called packs that give end game items for just right click on the item.

Theres so much more **** that I can say, but Id just advise you not to play this. The company only cares about money and not about players.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pretty much what jay says, granted new players like your self won't care to much as it's all new anyway, just note that this game has had no real content updates, like, ever, just constant cash shop updates and sales every week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    It's also good to have high expectations for mmorpgs. Most people here have super low expectations for mmos and they pretty much let the company do anything to them and they still continue to play.

This company will lie and pretty much do anything for your money.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I advise you not to play this, the company doesnt even care about their customer and this game has so many bug and glitches that have been here for years.

Tell me the name of one game that doesn't have some

Recently there was a chat censor issue that actually censored out players names and those players were unable to play the game. The issue still hasnt been completely fixed.

That was a coding error trying to make the game more family oriented, errors happens

There is also a Frost glitch that is allowing players to reach max level extremely fast. And the company can really do nothing about.

They just dunno how to treat it yet. Ban everyone that is 105? Make those mobs give just 1 exp and not punish anyone in any ways ?

Also, the company has these items called packs that give end game items for just right click on the item.

Those packs..Did you actually check the rate you can get good stuff ? 97% chance to get tokens.. If someone puts 250$ in game for packs, he can get just tokens, but if he/she gets ONE piece of high-end gear, I think it justifies their investement..And at the % it is, would come about the same as just selling the gold to coins and buying it in game.

Theres so much more **** that I can say, but Id just advise you not to play this. The company only cares about money and not about players.

So why are you still here trying to discourage people ? They are some that actually still have fun on this game. let them try it and say at least that it is achievable to get anything whitout oputting 1 penny in if they don't want to.. Will just take a freaking long time for some of them..Farming herbs to pay a scroll of tome ? lol

Answers in yellow..Some people are just negative...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Thank you for the positive replies! b:laugh

I may just try another round and try to avoid all the temptations and no-so-much-fun parts of life. I am still a new player no matter what level. I suppose we all are still learning no matter how far we progress. New content may count, but even current ones could bring surprises.

I'll probably get a character moving; not sure Veno or Barb because I love animals and the class choices are fascinating.The server, I have no clue for a pretty darn good community to start with.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    That was a coding error trying to make the game more family oriented, errors happens

Yes, errors happen but its how the company responds to those error that is important. Can you honesty sit here and say the PWE handled the error correctly. Lol really?

They just dunno how to treat it yet. Ban everyone that is 105? Make those mobs give just 1 exp and not punish anyone in any ways ?

Well theres a problem so they need to figure out how to resolve it asap. Its not fair to people that leveled to lvl 105 the normal way.

Those packs..Did you actually check the rate you can get good stuff ? 97% chance to get tokens.. If someone puts 250$ in game for packs, he can get just tokens, but if he/she gets ONE piece of high-end gear, I think it justifies their investement..And at the % it is, would come about the same as just selling the gold to coins and buying it in game.

Regardless they still insert money and high gear into the server with a right click. Also whatever you say still doesnt change the fact that pwe said they would talk them out and lied and put them right back in and put them on sale almost every week. Thats really doesnt help ya know.

So why are you still here trying to discourage people ? They are some that actually still have fun on this game. let them try it and say at least that it is achievable to get anything whitout oputting 1 penny in if they don't want to.. Will just take a freaking long time for some of them..Farming herbs to pay a scroll of tome ? lol

I dont really dont care if people play this game and im not trying to discourage them, im just telling them whats real and whats been going on with this game and company

Answers in yellow..Some people are just negative...
    Im not negative im just being real. Its not my fault most of the things pwe does to the game is negative. Maybe if they did more positive things for the game I would be sounding more positive. Also you dont even know me to say im negative in the first place lol
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Ok, I won't requote all your quotes.

I will just say I do see some sensible reasoning in them.

Sorry if you took the "some people are just negative" it was more meant as a generality, not directed to you personnaly..

I will agree they are some pretty negative points that haven't been taking care of properly (or at all), but their is still somewhere some positive in this game. It's just that lately, the negative things overshadow them...

b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Ok, I won't requote all your quotes.

I will just say I do see some sensible reasoning in them.

Sorry if you took the "some people are just negative" it was more meant as a generality, not directed to you personnaly..

I will agree they are some pretty negative points that haven't been taking care of properly (or at all), but their is still somewhere some positive in this game. It's just that lately, the negative things overshadow them...

b:surrender

Eh, I'll still try anyway. If I'm new, I might not be all that affected by the negatives things until later.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    All this game is, is a pack opening program with a fancy interface.

I have nothing more to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    On a PvE server you can have a fun time up to around level 90 without spending any money.

But you should probably quit or make a new char or another server when you get to a high level. When you reach end/late game it's basically cash shop or gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hello Sovanara,

First of all, never forget that you can follow the game the way you want. Aim for lv 105 or progressing slowly (while discovering the expanded world), to quest alone or in groups... To have a build or another... Such is the freedom a MMO offers.

As for the frustrated souls that posted here and tell you the game is not worth it, do not listen to them (btw guys, why are you still there? Drama? Man, I'd have traveled somewhere far from here a long time ago already if I were you... You remind me of resident ghosts, forever haunting the hallways of the PWI forums and all).
    Try playing the game with a clear mind and if you really can't have fun with it, you can leave without regrets (unlike them, again).

As for veno and barb, it's not only shapeshifting that counts. Venoes are a cool way to manage two creatures at a time and grind to gather materials at a low cost. As for barbs, they are a rare species now, but still valued, maybe.

Anyway, at any rate, you could try the new classes and/or at least discover the new territories... It's not all about leveling up and go do repeating the same instance 173+ times to get this or that...

And to those who say 'packs opening game with a nice interface' (yes CritCat, I am looking at you), I have never been tempted to gamble, ever. Odds are as planned low, so yes, only despair or greed or boredom along with wide pockets will make you want to get tokens (along with maybe something nicer once in a blue moon).
    People gambling I thank since they finance the game. As for sales, no one's obligated to buy... So indeed, people do what they want to do, and if the formula's successful, there is no need to stop it (even if I really wanted to put duct tape on Duke's mouth more than once).
    Now, does it impair the game? I wonder if it's even directly related. I know of a F2P MMO you basically own NOTHING in terms of boutique items (fashion and mounts, etc.) since they are time-limited or by use, and there is massive gambling incentives there too (including system message spamming). So you know...
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Weird..

One of the best replies to any post EVER in a long time..

And no one dares reply..I think you pretty much explained it the way I always would have wanted and I support ALL you say 100%.

If someone, anyone...didn't understand that point of you, I will make a very short on it.

Game is free to play. You can achieve ALL in game if you

A : Invest time, enjoy the game, the view, the music and whatnot
    B : Make friends, people to talk with, quest with or just chill out.
    C : Join a good faction that will help you out on fb's/bh/bosses and won't rush you.

Now, everyone that would be sceptical.. Put A + B + C together, and tell me ONE thing you cannot get whitout putting 1 penny in game...

Rep you say ? It make take a while but u can set goals with friends "today we farm together enough to buy ourselves 500-1k rep"

A scroll of tome ? Yeah , that will take a while, but if u find a good reliable squad and later farm TT, you actually save up to buy one..

Like above poster said. We are glad that some do gamble on packs and put mass amount of cash so that us, non or lesser cs'ers can enjoy the free side of the game.

To me, it will always be : You pay to be the best, rush at the end, you will get bored fast.

Compare to real life ? You want to go see a good movie, u buy tickets, u grab a huge snack..popcorn, drinks, chocolate bar..u name it.. You then enter the room 5 mins before the credits and rush out saying "I want a sequel NOW"
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    To the OP:

I think that this is a fair way of framing this - A question that should be at the center of this discussion should be "What are your goals for the game?" (You have outlined this in your post, but let me continue.) There's a lot of QQing about overpowered classes, the prevalence of cashshopping, lack of customer support, etc etc (all are valid complaints), but the ones who have made this complaint mostly are those whose goals are to pk, get the best gear ingame, and tw (to a lesser extent).

This doesn't mean that these issues won't affect you, but definitely to a lesser extent (so that the game doesn't become enjoyable) if you are interested in just finding a place to hang out with friends or pve. Most of the playerbase is interested in pking, but you can definitely make what you want out of the game - I know several friends who completely ignore that aspect of the game and are still enjoying pwi despite the packs, OP classes, etc.

Just wanted to put the previous comments into better perspective.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    First of all, thanks Sir_Puma for the kind words and extended analysis. It's great for me to see I am not posting for nothing. b:laugh
    To the OP:

I think that this is a fair way of framing this - A question that should be at the center of this discussion should be "What are your goals for the game?" (You have outlined this in your post, but let me continue.) There's a lot of QQing about overpowered classes, the prevalence of cashshopping, lack of customer support, etc etc (all are valid complaints), but the ones who have made this complaint mostly are those whose goals are to pk, get the best gear ingame, and tw (to a lesser extent).

This doesn't mean that these issues won't affect you, but definitely to a lesser extent (so that the game doesn't become enjoyable) if you are interested in just finding a place to hang out with friends or pve. Most of the playerbase is interested in pking, but you can definitely make what you want out of the game - I know several friends who completely ignore that aspect of the game and are still enjoying pwi despite the packs, OP classes, etc.

Just wanted to put the previous comments into better perspective.

And that is... corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect!! Awesome way of seeing things as well.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Fuzzy just wanted to post that it is indeed refreshing to read alot of positive responses. b:cute

PWI isn't flawless, the panda would never pretend to think it is. However, it does have alot to offer players be they free to play or pay to win. Find a good faction, find a fun character and there is alot of good times to be had.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn