i cant log in

mirrorize
mirrorize Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Support Desk
Hi all,
I just installed PWI via Torrent (the official download link) and everything went fine, the extract of the archive, the installation, and also the verification of files.

However, when I click Start it shows me a blank Notice dialogue with no text only an OK button, and
when I click Servers I just get hit with a blank dialogue as well, absolutely no servers.

w1t31yzmaytn.png

Reset my router. Forwarded port 29000 TCP. No firewall running. No anti-virus running. Can play other games just fine via Steam. 10 Mbps connection.

I live in Israel.

tracert pwigc3.perfectworld.com
Tracing route to pwigc3.perfectworld.com [64.74.134.56]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 17 ms 17 ms 15 ms 46-116-64-1.bb.netvision.net.il [46.116.64.1]
3 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms coresw1-ptk-rb2-ctx-lns2.nv.net.il [212.143.25.1
69]
4 15 ms * 16 ms ge1-0.gw1.ptk.nv.net.il [212.143.10.193]
5 90 ms 90 ms 90 ms pos3-1-2.gw1.lnd.nv.net.il [212.143.12.7]
6 86 ms 89 ms 87 ms ten3-1.brdr1.lnd.nv.net.il [212.143.14.137]
7 88 ms 86 ms 87 ms 10.70.1.1
8 92 ms 91 ms 91 ms ldn-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.72.125]
9 87 ms 87 ms 86 ms ldn-b3-link.telia.net [80.91.250.213]
10 90 ms 90 ms 90 ms ldn-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.254.18]
11 162 ms 163 ms 165 ms ash-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.251.209]
12 * 238 ms 239 ms sjo-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.248.204]
13 239 ms 239 ms 239 ms internap-ic-140172-sjo-bb1.c.telia.net [213.248.
81.134]
14 237 ms 238 ms 237 ms border2.t8-1-bbnet2.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
80]
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
Post edited by mirrorize on

Comments

• mirrorize
    edited July 2011
    Bump, please help! b:shocked
  • Felizia - Lost City
    Felizia - Lost City Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    uhm well can't rlly help your problem as i'm a tech noob
    but the background of your client is the one from tideborn.
    The now-version is genesis so either the torrent link from pwi is wrong or you've downloaded it somewhere else :x /didnt check
    also if you dont get a reply here, try to submit a ticket to PWE.
    Will take a good time depending on how busy they are c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    uhm well can't rlly help your problem as i'm a tech noob
    but the background of your client is the one from tideborn.
    The now-version is genesis so either the torrent link from pwi is wrong or you've downloaded it somewhere else :x /didnt check
    also if you dont get a reply here, try to submit a ticket to PWE.
    Will take a good time depending on how busy they are c:

worst font ever...

You should try updating your client. that looks like a real old version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • mirrorize
    edited July 2011
    Hi,
    When I load up PWI it says Game Version 545 and PWI Genesis:

0dkgmdyyzint.png

When I press update it just says "Game update complete" as if I have the latest version.

Your client doesn't look like that? That's so weird. Maybe I should try to download via HTTP?

I clicked "Torrent Download" from this page, it is the official well-seeded torrent:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Really strange what's going on here. I'm starting to suspect that my ISP is having issues and the connection to all PWI servers can't be made.
  • Felizia - Lost City
    Felizia - Lost City Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I love the font century gothic <.<'

well... I remember smt like this in pw-my very long ago TT-TT
    you can try this but not sure if it will actually help you :x

go to your elementfolder>userdata>server and open serverlist
    this is how my looks like:
    Archosaur (PvE) West 29000:pwiwest4.perfectworld.com 6
    Harshlands (PvP) East 29000:pwieast1.perfectworld.com 9
    Dreamweaver (PvE) East 29000:pwieast2.perfectworld.com 10
    Lost City (PvP) West 29000:pwigc3.perfectworld.com 5
    Sanctuary (PvE) West 29000:pwigc2.perfectworld.com 4
    Heavens Tear (PvE) West 29000:pwigc4.perfectworld.com 3
    Raging Tide (PvE) East 29000:pwieast3.perfectworld.com 20

you can always change later the ip adresses with this help

And i see you're going to LC, so:
    Element>userdata> open currenserver
    [Server]
    CurrentServer=[US West - PvP] Lost City
    CurrentServerAddress= 29000:pwigc3.perfectworld.com
    CurrentLine=
    now the prob is why it shows you the old background and not the new one...
    Try running the patcher instead of launcher in administration mode :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorize
    edited July 2011
    Okay, I gave up on PWI and downloaded Forsaken World. Not a single problem since installing it, all servers show up and ping at 93ms.

Goodbye PWI, hello FW! :) Thanks for your help b:chuckle
  • Dznootz - Lost City
    Dznootz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Isn't it pathetic that theres over 150 posts identical to this...
    Everytime the response is check your firewall... disable your anti virus... open port 29000... and everytime the people respond saying they aren't morons... and these actions do not work.

Ok fine run tracert...... Well again after the 12th or 13th connection they all start timing out.

It has nothing to do with the persons actual connection I have this same exact issue and the only way for me to connect is to system restore my computer to 2 weeks ago... In which now my computer won't even allow me to do this.

Even in my support ticket I said hey ive tried all these things...and of course the response was the same generic response asking me to attempt everything i had already said i've done.

Then of course they ask me to list the errors... what errors??? Theres no errors... It's simple cannot connect your servers in any way shape or form. It's pathetic that a company takes peoples money and won't give actual support... I've found literally 150 posts like this and not ONE of them has been resolved.

I actually had this game work for 2 months straight... Including battle of immortals for a couple months prior to that. I restart my computer randomly and all of a sudden cannot connect...
  • derkin
    derkin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, on my friend's computer only the east servers showed, and the west didn't. There was some background program he was running that when disabled, all the servers finally showed up. Wasn't a firewall thing, so perhaps there's some program you've installed that's disrupting the problem. Hope this helps, cause I've got no clue otherwise.
  • INYOFACE - Raging Tide
    INYOFACE - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    everytime i try to log in it wont connect me to the game keeps say unable to login will someone please help
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The weekly server maintenance is going on, so all the servers are down atm. |D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • INYOFACE - Raging Tide
    INYOFACE - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    for me it says its up
  • nailschaudwick
    nailschaudwick Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I see the same thing, I try to log in, and it tells me to wait 40 seconds, but by the time it hits 20 seconds, an error pops up telling there's a problem connecting. When I look at the server's from the game, everything is down, but when I look at it from the site, everything is still up. You say it is a server maint, but how long is it supposed to last?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    <_<...You're looking on the front page, right? They NEVER update the front page server status, it always says they're online. Servers will be back up in about 45 min to an hour, usually. This patch is rather small, so it may be quicker.

Also, Tuesdays are almost always maintenance days. I was online when the servers went down, they always have the "Server Shutdown in 300 seconds" warning before maint. =P Trust the server ping from your client more than the front page server status.

OH, one more thing. There's always a sticky that comes out several hours before maint. =P And sometimes there's stickies for weeks when there isn't maint, just so people know what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • nailschaudwick
    nailschaudwick Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ah, thank you. I was on the character select screen when I got booted from the server because of the maintenance. I'll keep my ping in mind.

And I'm new to this, so I didn't know about the stickies, thanks again.
  • kohaku25ty
    kohaku25ty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So, i was playing pwi with my sis and cousin when they were disconnected. I assume its from server maintenance, but I was never disconnected... And I'm still on right now and can't log out. There's not monsters, no NPC's, only the buildings. My Mp isn't recovering, i can't get off my wings... I'm stuck. I can only talk in common chat. It says my friends are on, when no one is on at all... I need help?b:surrender

I've just been flying around trying to find something or someone, but nothing has come up yet
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    <.< Open the box to log out as normal, but check the little checkbox at the bottom of it that says "Force". That'll force log you out and shut down your client. This happens occasionally if you don't log before the server shuts down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kohaku25ty
    kohaku25ty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So, today my sister, cousin and I were playing PWI when suddenly they got disconnected. I assume it's from server maintenance but I was never disconnected. I've just been flying around looking for something but there's no one else online, no NPC's, only buildings and such like that. I can't enter into instances (caves). I'm stuck on my flyer and I can't log out. What do I do??? b:surrender There's nothing here...
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ctrl - Alt - Del and stop elementclient.exe, then wait until the maintenance is over and servers are back online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Dupe thread? <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• John_henry - Lost City
    John_henry - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    is the game down for maintenance or something tryed logging on but was unable to and idk where to look to see if the game is gonna go down or anything.?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Yes, there's currently Maint going on. It should be over soon though. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1153261<--Info on weekly maint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• John_henry - Lost City
    John_henry - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yes, there's currently Maint going on. It should be over soon though. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1153261<--Info on weekly maint.

thank you so much
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The game did have an update last night. Please restart your PCs and network hardware, then update the game on the launcher.

Then try to login.

The game would not be accessible while it was down last night for a little bit.

Please see if any of the information below might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game files (all .exe file types) to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us in a ticket to Tech Support.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera