Seeker or BM?

Options
Psycoson - Archosaur
Psycoson - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Seeker
I want to have a heavy Armour Melee Alt and I was wondering which to be Seeker or BM Interval means nothing to me and I like doing damage but also being able to some hits is nice. Range is Nice but not necessary and AOE is Nice also.
Post edited by Psycoson - Archosaur on

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I want to have a heavy Armour Melee Alt and I was wondering which to be Seeker or BM Interval means nothing to me and I like doing damage but also being able to some hits is nice. Range is Nice but not necessary and AOE is Nice also.

Sums it up, a seeker is for you b:victory
    re
  • Psycoson - Archosaur
    Psycoson - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have a level 22 - 24 seeker and man he is squishy how can i make him less squishy ans what build.
  • Curring - Harshlands
    Curring - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker is very nice as it's almost like a sword WR and EA smushed together :D

Well i quest a lot so i get decent gear from rewards and my build is 2 Str 2 Dex 1 Vit every lvl
    At current i stand at about 800+ Hp with decent defenses and can take a fair few hits before i need to heal.

From what i've heard in the lower lvls your best off adding into vit for survivability most cap it at 50 as it's one reset note for when you get to lvl 60+ and start sharding your gear. So if you haven't already start adding vit max it at about 30-50 i'm going to max mine at 50 :) Hope this helps.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker is very nice as it's almost like a sword WR and EA smushed together :D

Well i quest a lot so i get decent gear from rewards and my build is 2 Str 2 Dex 1 Vit every lvl
    At current i stand at about 800+ Hp with decent defenses and can take a fair few hits before i need to heal.

From what i've heard in the lower lvls your best off adding into vit for survivability most cap it at 50 as it's one reset note for when you get to lvl 60+ and start sharding your gear. So if you haven't already start adding vit max it at about 30-50 i'm going to max mine at 50 :) Hope this helps.

You're going to have too much dex and not enough str if you keep going like that :o You will need at least 5str every 2 lvls, and 3 dex, which leaves 2 points open.

@OP: I'd go for a 5str, 3dex and 2 vit every 2 lvls. This build gives you the most hp. Also, besure to lvl your self-buffs ;) that helps a lot. You might also want to get either jones' blessing or o'mally's blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curring - Harshlands
    Curring - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You're going to have too much dex and not enough str if you keep going like that :o You will need at least 5str every 2 lvls, and 3 dex, which leaves 2 points open.

@OP: I'd go for a 5str, 3dex and 2 vit every 2 lvls. This build gives you the most hp. Also, besure to lvl your self-buffs ;) that helps a lot. You might also want to get either jones' blessing or o'mally's blessing.

Ahh ok, i was going to cap dex off at 160 but yeah just realized in the meantime i still need str more as i lvl, thank you :D
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Both are nice and what not but the game has really evolved to the point that if you are not going to interval your BM (which takes a butt load of money by the way), then a Seeker is probably the better bet. It's aoe damage is far superior and with greater range than your typical Blade Master.

BMs who multi-weapon path (aps for fists, axes/polearm for aoes) is probably the more efficient and effective character of the two though since as a HA toon it can tank with the best of them, solo (almost) as effectively as a Sin and and its aoe stuns and Heavens Flame is in great demand by squads.
  • endlessknight
    endlessknight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My seeker is 81 and has 66 vit (actually he has done so for about 15 lvls i think), i know i know 30-50 is what they say , but i wanted him to be able to stand up to a pounding , and he does.

He can solo the nix instance with bloodpaint in 12 mins, and i couldn't help testing him out in fcc.He can solo the exp room ( minus boss) and can solo the dragoons and mobs after the fire bird. All in all seekers rock and vortex is king lol.

Oh and he still is using his tt70 gear(note to self, time to upgrade)
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My seeker is 81 and has 66 vit (actually he has done so for about 15 lvls i think), i know i know 30-50 is what they say , but i wanted him to be able to stand up to a pounding , and he does.

He can solo the nix instance with bloodpaint in 12 mins, and i couldn't help testing him out in fcc.He can solo the exp room ( minus boss) and can solo the dragoons and mobs after the fire bird. All in all seekers rock and vortex is king lol.

Oh and he still is using his tt70 gear(note to self, time to upgrade)

Whats nix instance?. :O?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whats nix instance?. :O?

PV

Phoenix -nix
    re
  • RubyRux - Lost City
    RubyRux - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Seekers are WAY better than BM's cause they are! b:chuckleb:victoryb:bye
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Never played a BM so I don't know how much fun they might be, but 1 thing I do know: a BM doesn't stand a chance vs a Seeker of similar level/gear.
  • Henacy - Lost City
    Henacy - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Considering I have a 100 seeker and a 101 BM I would have to say seekers are WAY better. I use the same gear from my BM (minus the wep) and I survive a whole lot better because of the def lvl buff. I can even kill better on my seek. With my BM I always have to be close attack, whereas with my seek I can do both. I've also been able to one shot people with my Gemini slash and I just got r8 wep yesterday, it's only +4. Think what +10 would do! b:dirty