Possible sin fix?

Options
OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Reduce max aps for all classes to 3
put a timer on stealth (1 minute maybe, 10-30 seconds for shadow escape?) + a longer cooldown
possibly reduce stun time on skills, or just reduce the damage stunning skills do.
Make stealth pots more easily accessable for a lower price...

Just some ideas.. would this underpower them? any other ideas you guys have?

I know some people are gonna flame this thread even though its perfectly sensible ideas, i ask everyone to ignore them.
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I personally dun care about the aps, because i like fast squads b:shutup

But the stealth/pots idea seems decent, but lolz not gonna be fixed
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like the stealth/pot idea also.

or even put the EG 3rd eye to better use...

or put a damn Fish Finder in CS, ijs... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ideas of how to balance since have been bouncing around on these forums for over a year. Things won't change, the devs don't care about balance.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im not broken b:shocked
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We should be able to detect tideborns by smell.

I mean come on, they're fish! Have you guys ever been to a fish market or the fish section of a store? Would be damn near impossible to NOT notice that smell if an assassin was walking up next to you.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reduce max aps for all classes to 3.

Sounds like an easy solution but it will only overpower sins more compared to other classes. At 3.33 aps (or 2.86 if you take the cap below it), sins can still permaspark. Actually, most don't seem to understand it's more the permaspark then the number of hits per sec, that causes the OP effect. As a 2.86 aps sage sin that already outdamages most 5 aps sins on the server, I can see how a simple aps cap will simply make sins stronger compared to other classes. It would need a change of the whole aps mechanics (that would result in lower maximum aps) to bring a real fix, and even that would still leave the problem of the sins really easy chi gain compared to other classes.

If you mean this purely pvp speaking, I don't think it will help much. Chill + skill will still kill arcane or light armored classes before end of stun
    put a timer on stealth (1 minute maybe, 10-30 seconds for shadow escape?) + a longer cooldown
    possibly reduce stun time on skills, or just reduce the damage stunning skills do.

I know some people are gonna flame this thread even though its perfectly sensible ideas, i ask everyone to ignore them.

This seem ok, but don't think it will change a lot. 1min is still easy to get to someone from a safe zone. I think that stealth consuming chi over time would be the best option. It will not only reduce stealth time, but also the ability to stun, double spark or sleep+spark right out of stealth.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Even as a DPH class with no stealth sin is pretty broken due to zerk+crit+wolfemblem+chill while being half immune to stuns and seals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCHz6BXK2I&t=47s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Tell you something else...

You ever notice that the STEALTH POTS and those ADVANCED 90 POTS only come out of trophy mode and out of Thousand Stream City & City of Raging Tides.

You want to fix a broken feature go about giving some of the different level lands some of the that ****. Not just two pieces of land. Cause we know thats unbalanced cause only one guild in TW can only own one city at one time.

Maybe include them in the guild base and make it actually useful and not just an iconoclast eyesore with overpriced shards that aren't even worth sharding, scrolls that aren't really worth using and a veno scroll that is timed of all things.

Yeah THAT would be progress for ya.

The news article would probably look like:

<Insert random date here>
    <Insert random update title here>

Well players hyuc hyuc hyuc we've realised that TW was OP with the pots so hyuc hyuc hyuc now we're actually going to do something with the GUILD BASE cause you wanted exciting guild base wars. Isn't it exciting. HYUC HYUC!?!~~~ Ha... ha... ha... Happeh Gamming."

Makes you feel sick inside and just want to to the gentlemanly thing at sunrise with a bottle of cognac and a derringer 28.

But then again as someone's twitter account says I think its from July 28th "Oh I'm busy watching the EURO update." But that's progress for ya. Where the money goes, the attention flows. Just hope the european union doesn't cave in before Washington does.

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reduce max aps for all classes to 3

Yes nerf APS, then you'll see uncannie/rapture price skyrocketing.
    Same for TT mats. don't make me laugh please

(PvP ? not a problem , 3.33 is the unsparked interval. Sins don't use demon spark during PvP , so that would be useless)
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sins don't need to be fixed, nerfed, what have you. Do you know how squishy sins are? Here learn something, it's called Absolute Domain. Don't know what is? It's a genie skill. After that, it's up to you how intelligent you are about sitting their letting the sin auto attack you.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sins don't need to be fixed, nerfed, what have you. Do you know how squishy sins are? Here learn something, it's called Absolute Domain. Don't know what is? It's a genie skill. After that, it's up to you how intelligent you are about sitting their letting the sin auto attack you.

Thank god level 60 wizards are here to set the record straight!

/end thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thank god level 60 wizards are here to set the record straight!

/end thread

Thank god your good at math but you seem to be slightly narrow minded b:shocked.

Maybe I have a sin b:chuckle ever think about that you silly archer...
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    make more mystics!spread your plants all over the place knock sins out of stealth.b:surrender
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thank god your good at math but you seem to be slightly narrow minded b:shocked.

Maybe I have a sin b:chuckle ever think about that you silly archer...

Player gets 2sparked + APS'd to death out of stealth by a sin and is killed before they get a chance to react.
    Player attempts to hit domain but can't because they're dead.

Player gets 2sparked + Headhunted out of stealth by a sin and is 1-shot.

Player gets stunned by a sin out of stealth and happens to be lucky enough to survive the hit as well as get enough time to hit domain.
    Sin shadow escapes (assuming they don't just keep the target locked during domain and laugh after all, domain isn't gonna remove the stun the sin hit you with, so it's not like you have any choice but to stay there til it runs off since you just blew your genie energy on domain instead of a stun breaking move so you could actually... you know... run away or whatever)
    Five seconds later now that domain is on cooldown and the stun the sin used kept you from being able to do something more useful, sin does the same thing but player no longer has domain to use to save themselves.

tl;dr version: You're an idiot. Oh and grats on your ALMIGHTY LEVEL 10 assassin. Clearly, you are a master of playing the class and know all of its abilities.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Player gets 2sparked + APS'd to death out of stealth by a sin and is killed before they get a chance to react.

Player gets 2sparked + Headhunted out of stealth by a sin and is 1-shot.

Player gets stunned by a sin out of stealth and happens to be lucky enough to survive the hit as well as get enough time to hit domain.
    Sin shadow escapes (assuming they don't just keep the target locked during domain and laugh after all, domain isn't gonna remove the stun the sin hit you with, so it's not like you have any choice but to stay there til it runs off since you just blew your genie energy on domain instead of a stun breaking move so you could actually... you know... run away or whatever)
    Five seconds later now that domain is on cooldown and the stun the sin used kept you from being able to do something more useful, sin does the same thing but player no longer has domain to use to save themselves.

tl;dr version: You're an idiot. Oh and grats on your ALMIGHTY LEVEL 10 assassin. Clearly, you are a master of playing the class and know all of its abilities.

b:laugh I had to read all of this for its sheer stupidity. Tl;dr version: know how to pvp. Basically what you said was a 10x sin pking a 3x newb. Grats rofl. Btw Domain was an example. Other classes have silence, immune skills at their ready. Btw... Not a lvl 10 assassin har har. Maybe you should actually pvp before posting on here. Sins are not that hard to beat lul. Oh forgot to mention, pots are readily available. :O Shocking news isn't it?
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah... your posts just keep proving how little experience you have and how stupid you are. Great idea to use the disable skill on the class that's stupidly hard to disable thanks to tidal. Oh and good luck casting the disables in time to save yourself from a 1-shot considering the whole... you know... fact that the sin will ALWAYS get the first hit from stealth?

What do you plan on doing with your "immune" skills? Spamming them at random when you're feeling paranoid so that the sin can just wait it out and then attack the instant it's gone so that now you're stuck with your defense in cooldown? Are you really that stupid?

Oh and pots? That's an AWESOME idea! I'll just use a pot during stu-- oh right, can't pot while stunned! Maybe I'll pot in the time it takes for my charm to tic-- oh right... if a sin can APS you out of stealth, they'll hit so fast your charm won't even have time to tick. Hell, the initial attack from stealth doesn't even get registered in your damage log so it's easily possible to get 2-shot before you even realize wtf is going on!

Here's reality for you, nublet. A good sin (or just a well-geared one) can kill barbs through invoke. They can kill BMs through Budha's guard. What makes you honestly think that any class in LA or Arcane is gonna have a chance to survive against a sin that actually knows how to play? Fun fact: the only people who say sins AREN'T broken or overpowered are the people who either ARE sins and suck at playing... or the ones who are idiots like you that clearly don't know how the game works.

I'd level a new sin to 60 on LC just to keep 1-shotting your wizard's butt and see how long it takes for you to realize you have no chance, but that'd be a waste of my time anyways.

Oh and if you're still being a moron talking about PvP experience, click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCHz6BXK2I go to 50 seconds into the video. Watch how the psychic, the class that's hailed as the "anti-sin" class when given endgame refines still manages to get killed by the sin in the video. Also 25k knife throws? yesplz
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah... your posts just keep proving how little experience you have and how stupid you are. Great idea to use the disable skill on the class that's stupidly hard to disable thanks to tidal. Oh and good luck casting the disables in time to save yourself from a 1-shot considering the whole... you know... fact that the sin will ALWAYS get the first hit from stealth?

What do you plan on doing with your "immune" skills? Spamming them at random when you're feeling paranoid so that the sin can just wait it out and then attack the instant it's gone so that now you're stuck with your defense in cooldown? Are you really that stupid?

Oh and pots? That's an AWESOME idea! I'll just use a pot during stu-- oh right, can't pot while stunned! Maybe I'll pot in the time it takes for my charm to tic-- oh right... if a sin can APS you out of stealth, they'll hit so fast your charm won't even have time to tick. Hell, the initial attack from stealth doesn't even get registered in your damage log so it's easily possible to get 2-shot before you even realize wtf is going on!

Here's reality for you, nublet. A good sin (or just a well-geared one) can kill barbs through invoke. They can kill BMs through Budha's guard. What makes you honestly think that any class in LA or Arcane is gonna have a chance to survive against a sin that actually knows how to play? Fun fact: the only people who say sins AREN'T broken or overpowered are the people who either ARE sins and suck at playing... or the ones who are idiots like you that clearly don't know how the game works.

I'd level a new sin to 60 on LC just to keep 1-shotting your wizard's butt and see how long it takes for you to realize you have no chance, but that'd be a waste of my time anyways.

Oh and if you're still being a moron talking about PvP experience, click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCHz6BXK2I go to 50 seconds into the video. Watch how the psychic, the class that's hailed as the "anti-sin" class when given endgame refines still manages to get killed by the sin in the video. Also 25k knife throws? yesplz

Oh my... Really in this case it was too long too read. All I read was QQIRBUTTHURTQQ... Anywho... Since you've taken the time to write ALL this I read one litlle part about me being a 60 wiz... Yeah... This account is not exactly that active anymore? That video requires too much effort for me to click, type the explanation a little more thoroughly please. Oh by the way.. I read a little more... Sins cant kill barbs that are invoked O.O maybe if the barb is lvl 30 and the Sin is 5 aps. But ANYWHO I just see someone raging and QQin atm... Was fun!
  • LadyAshlie - Heavens Tear
    LadyAshlie - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You know guys.....no matter how much you Q.Q or moan or groan or yell or whatever, it is never going to happen.

So just get used to it and find ways around it.
    Afterall, this is a GAME. And no matter how overpowered or underpowered 1 class is, there are always ways to make them useful or less useful. All that is needed is some brain cells, a little concentration and some experience.

Besides, I've seen lots of sins lose to BMs before. Same goes for Barbs literally ripping sins apart. Psychics's soulforce overpowered too you say? Yeah good luck to that person's credit card or rl lifestyle.

Afterall, wizzies are overpowered? With a CC they are. Barbs with amazingly high HP and crazy def and dmg? With a CC they are. Sins killing before you know it? Yeah with a CC they are. Anything is possible with a Visa, Amex or Mastercard. I wonder if overpowered toons could beat the **** outta those 3...b:puzzled
    ooh wait...theres the *become a gm* option b:laugh

Just enjoy the game for what its worth and if you don't enjoy it, theres always other games or stuff for you to do. Or just go make a sin, use your CC, become overpowered, pk everyone else, get bored, gimme your awesome gear, rage quit forever.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You know guys.....no matter how much you Q.Q or moan or groan or yell or whatever, it is never going to happen.

So just get used to it and find ways around it.
    Afterall, this is a GAME. And no matter how overpowered or underpowered 1 class is, there are always ways to make them useful or less useful. All that is needed is some brain cells, a little concentration and some experience.

Besides, I've seen lots of sins lose to BMs before. Same goes for Barbs literally ripping sins apart. Psychics's soulforce overpowered too you say? Yeah good luck to that person's credit card or rl lifestyle.

Afterall, wizzies are overpowered? With a CC they are. Barbs with amazingly high HP and crazy def and dmg? With a CC they are. Sins killing before you know it? Yeah with a CC they are. Anything is possible with a Visa, Amex or Mastercard. I wonder if overpowered toons could beat the **** outta those 3...b:puzzled
    ooh wait...theres the *become a gm* option b:laugh

Just enjoy the game for what its worth and if you don't enjoy it, theres always other games or stuff for you to do. Or just go make a sin, use your CC, become overpowered, pk everyone else, get bored, gimme your awesome gear, rage quit forever.

+1 For the truth. truekossy read this like I don't know... Maybe 10 times? It'll help cool down that butthurt. D: b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not butthurt in the least. I have a sin that, unlike yours, is competant at PvP. I do not lose 1v1s against those with equal gear as mine unless EVERYTHING goes right for them and EVERYTHING goes wrong for me.

I'm not really complaining, but the fact that it's only noobs posting here saying sins aren't overpowered shows plenty, in and of itself.

And if you're too stupid to click a video link then that just shows you have nothing of value to say. So please do us all a favor and uninstall... actually no, on second thought keep playing so I can pad my kill count by 1-shotting you from stealth.

(Oh and lol'd at you saying it has to be a 5APS sin vs a level 30 barb for the sin to win through invoke when barbs can't even get invoke til 59. lrn2play pl0x)
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not butthurt in the least. I have a sin that, unlike yours, is competant at PvP. I do not lose 1v1s against those with equal gear as mine unless EVERYTHING goes right for them and EVERYTHING goes wrong for me.

I'm not really complaining, but the fact that it's only noobs posting here saying sins aren't overpowered shows plenty, in and of itself.

And if you're too stupid to click a video link then that just shows you have nothing of value to say. So please do us all a favor and uninstall... actually no, on second thought keep playing so I can pad my kill count by 1-shotting you from stealth.

(Oh and lol'd at you saying it has to be a 5APS sin vs a level 30 barb for the sin to win through invoke when barbs can't even get invoke til 59. lrn2play pl0x)

Again... All I saw was QQIRBUTTHURTQQ So... That whole barb thing... Duh? /facedesk learn2sarcasm? Rofl. Anywho goodluck with oneshotting a character that doesn't exist haw haw. Yeah my wiz? Not played on any longer. I just post on here for the lols created by people like you! For that, I thank you sir. b:chuckle
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:laugh I had to read all of this for its sheer stupidity. Tl;dr version: know how to pvp. Basically what you said was a 10x sin pking a 3x newb. Grats rofl. Btw Domain was an example. Other classes have silence, immune skills at their ready. Btw... Not a lvl 10 assassin har har. Maybe you should actually pvp before posting on here. Sins are not that hard to beat lul. Oh forgot to mention, pots are readily available. :O Shocking news isn't it?

Didnt I kill you around Tusk or something and I sent you off raging?
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No, sins need to be nerfed beacuse they are extremely overpowered with plenty of broken skills, this is WITHOUT including APS as a factor.

Stuff like stealth, chill, wolf emblem, tidal protection, deaden nerves, as their own they are very powerful but when you put them together they are extremely overpowered, now if you add teleport/stun teleport, sleep, stun, seal, instant 2 spark skills, massive critical rate... just wtf.

And all of that is without adding APS as a factor, and let me say that APS / permanent spark is also extremely overpowered and sins do benefit from that glitch/design flaw/whatever but thats a different nerf and not exclusive to sins, so it needs to be deal apart. So yea sins need to be nerfed and APS needs a nerf too.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Didnt I kill you around Tusk or something and I sent you off raging?

No fool. I don't play on this wiz. Good attempt at a fail story though! /applauds