Hello person with one post.

its actually not my 1st, i guess an other glitch like core connect b:avoid
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I used to care about this.

Then I joined my current faction.

Now I don't care about aps, 'cause it no longer makes me irrelevant, aps are fun to play with.

In short, it's all about greed. People are mad at apsers because many only wanna run with apsers. However when those apsers turn out to be cool people who don't care if the whole squad is aps as long as there's the essential BM and Sin, the squad then becomes win and the APS becomes beneficial for all.

It's not the APS that sucks, it's the people who are selfish once they get it.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if u get the assasin now geared , u will never ask to Nerf APS.

<== Sin geared up that can solo 3-3 and wb voted to nerf aps. Actually many ppl ingame, including 5 aps bms/archers/sins, I chat with ingame agree they should nerf aps (or more generally, rebalance classes). Also waiting for Angel_spawn to post.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Inb4magiconlyNirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    More and more !

Every Class other than assasin or BM CAN build r9 all gear , to get 20 atk lvl and 20 def lvls , with chance to +2 def shard x4 EACH PART !

WHY ( cause assassin will loose his APS if use R9 PARTS )

While assasin or BM cant get 1 single part R9 , so GO PLAY OTHER ONE ! silly .

http://pwcalc.com/cefc0c748bc91a98 Bm with half r9 half nivy 5.0 sparked 27 atk lvl and 23 def lvl...enjoy
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    umm... you are ****ing stupid...

Stupid guy..... prove me wrong.
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Agreed. b:victory

I used to care about this.

Then I joined my current faction.

Now I don't care about aps, 'cause it no longer makes me irrelevant, aps are fun to play with.

In short, it's all about greed. People are mad at apsers because many only wanna run with apsers. However when those apsers turn out to be cool people who don't care if the whole squad is aps as long as there's the essential BM and Sin, the squad then becomes win and the APS becomes beneficial for all.

It's not the APS that sucks, it's the people who are selfish once they get it.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/cefc0c748bc91a98 Bm with half r9 half nivy 5.0 sparked 27 atk lvl and 23 def lvl...enjoy

there is no assassin can get more than 1 part r9 and stay 5 aps .those are only 10 def lvl more .max def lvl can be 39 def lvls .and 37atk lvls using jones blessing.

While a Mage can get 88 def lvl full r9 sharded.and 62 atk lvl. using def blessing .

bm will get 2 parts still he makes alot lower than sin damage .and he HA which is 1 shot from MAGE.(as i said every class have his special side).
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I found the options in the poll a bit confusing, so I didn't vote. I'm a 5 APS barb and believe something should be done about the current system; I mainly switched to APS because it was impossible to keep aggro anymore. I'd applaud any change that would make it a necessity to have a 'proper' tank (that can actually keep aggro) for instances that become available at your level. I wouldn't mind the loss in coins if that would make my gear less useful, if it meant a more balanced game.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    there is no assassin can get more than 1 part r9 and stay 5 aps .those are only 10 def lvl more .max def lvl can be 39 def lvls .and 37atk lvls using jones blessing.

While a Mage can get 88 def lvl full r9 sharded.and 62 atk lvl. using def blessing .

bm will get 2 parts still he makes alot lower than sin damage .and he HA which is 1 shot from MAGE.(as i said every class have his special side).

yes i will acknowledge that sins got jipped r9 wise but the BM build i made there was purely pve purpose. for pk/TW purposes i would personally go with this build. http://pwcalc.com/092bc91a38b2fb96

As for Dmg wise between sin and BM thats a given. BM weapons have high stat requirements on both dex and str(more so on dex with fist) as of such they cant dump as much str which increases BM dmg as sins can into dex. BM's werent meant to be all out DD the *** out of everything class but instead a high defense sub tank class that could hold their own. Sins are glass cannons that, while they can hold their own with high refines, they will never beable to have the defense of that of a BM. This atleast is my view on the matter.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    SyanaSky - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

And then there's 5aps barbs. Lol
    Barbs were made specifically for tanking..therefore, I don't see a problem with barbs going 5aps.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Barbs were made specifically for tanking..therefore, I don't see a problem with barbs going 5aps.

It drops them to about ~7k hp. The post you quoted was talking about pvp.

A claw barb cant use his skills in pvp, doesn't have the stuns a sin/bm has to hold their opponent down, and won't have the huge hp pool that makes them a viable pvp option to begin with.
  • theheck3
    theheck3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    OK did you thought about the several months that take to level a caster too? Caters arent leveled for FREE we had work on this TOOO. And we didnt did that work to get rejected on squads cuz we ARE NOT REAL DD'S. So if you APS could live in peace with casters and call them for squads sometimes this problem would never appear. NO we cant squad with casters to cuz tell me what damn caster can tank a boss?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

b:chuckle and you think they actually tank with 5 aps? Maybe if the others in squad have bad gear... Some argue on a 5 aps barb outdamaging a 5 aps bm, but I never saw a 5 aps barb outdamage a 5 (or even lower) aps sin.
  • moonveno
    moonveno Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    well my opinion is that all clases should be totaly removed from existing and only clas left sins, than make about 10 sin subclases with diferent shapes and litle more diferent skils but all to be able to be 5 aps. that for me would be perfect world.
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Go ahead an nerf aps down to say 3.33. Won't really make any difference to us rank 9 sins an it really wont change the game any except now barbs,bms, an archers will be even worse dds/tanks.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The problem is not 5 APS that much.

Sorry , but my opinion is that sins are the ones that broke the whole thing down.

Their pure DPS is the problem. Mix possiblity to get daggers that hit as hard as a 2 handed sword would but at 5 hits per second with bloodpaint to heal back as u do damage, you can easily see where things went wrong.

Let's see now.. I'll make a comparasion with NON-cs'ers (those who are too poor to go R8/R9, 5 aps, +10 and stuff) We are gonna take casual players that play whitout putitng cash in as much as they can.

Same level (let's say 90) and talking about "normal" high-level gear, (mold or tt)

Barb vs BM : Fist bm can steal, but barb can steal back (and keep) fast enough.

Barb vs Herc Veno : Again, a agro steal is possible for a very short time, then back to tank.

Barb vs Seeker : No contest, unless the seeker perma-vortexes the boss, barb wins

Barb vs Cleric : Cleric have very high damaging spells that can steal but if only one in squad and starts to DD instead of healing, almost deserves to get agro, b:chuckle

Barb vs Wizard : Can be serious agro ping-pong here, but wizard can't perma-hold agro with no ways of barb to get back.

Barb vs Archer : About same as wizard, will steal cause of crit %, but barb would be able to steal back.

Barb vs Psy : At similar refines, barb shoudnt have too much trouble getting back.

Barb vs Mystic : Not sure.. I heard mystic have pretty powerful magic atk skills, but would still be temporary.

Barb vs Sin : At exact same level, same refines on gear, sin still has higher dps. I have been siding a lot with a lot of different classes during bh in witch , I was on my barb. What scares me the most is when I see a sin triple spark. I know right there, that APS or not, if I don't do anything, agro IS gonna switch. Only way to be almost 100% sure to steal back (and try to keep) is fleash realm + alpha male, followed by devour. Even then it's tricky, cause devour will make him/her do even more damage and if there's a bm that HF's, well...You see anyway...

"I" personnally think that daggers have too high damage for the kind of small wep it is.
    I know that game ain't real like, but just compare a sec here... Is it normal that a small 6 inch blade dagger does as much damage as a 50 pounds pole hammer over time ? (I don't mean 1 single hit wise, I mean on say..a 5 minutes period, daggers will have done more damage)

Now add to the mix..cash invested and u have a lot of possibilities, too many to list.
    Full 5 APS sin sharded at +10 or more will do more damage OVER TIME then any other classes at basiccly 0 cost from teh actual combat. .Mage classes use charm up bad and mp food if they start casting like crazy, seeker need a lot of mana food to keep vortex going, true archers uses up arrows (I know a bit stupid but did have to find them a cost), etc..Tanks must always check chi to keep agro and whatnot..

Sins ? Get 3 sparks, hit a button and watch boss die considerng yourself OP. No mp food needed, no hp pots either if they have bloodpaint on and a clerc even justa bit aware of whats going on..

APS has been here since the very 1st piece of gear with -int was implemented.

It IS sins that came unbalance things and make APS SEEEM worse then what it was before..

I don't see any kind of fix to that. They were created, they rule, what can we say... Now that people invested so much, changing rules would be like shootng yourself in your own foot. We are "stuck" with that changes.. Only one fix possible and it's by players. Don't like APS and/or sins ? Just dont invite one to your squad and go hunt with those who respect whatever build u are.

Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hello person with one post.

This is the second most useless post I have ever seen on this forum.

Anyway, the post above me was biased as hell..but i agree with the essential facts.

Sins/BMs (other dps classes) just scale too much with good gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Simply no. #1 "APS" is what lets non-CSers to have a possibility to farm their gear. Try to run nirvana with wizards, it would request a year to make (maybe) a piece of endgame equip.#2 And what's wrong with the damage? stop the "Barbs can't keep agro" , what did u expect? barbs have high defense, high HP, you all expect them to also have high damage? A good thing would be to make the agro skills more effective, but don't tell me you want a tank to deal the same damage as a damage dealer... that's not their purpose. About BMs, they have higher defense than sins, it's fair sins do more damage(or maybe u want BMs to do as much damage as sins?) That would make ASSASSINS a worthless class.

If u want to "farm" things, roll a more appropriate class ( the so-hated "APS classes") . If u want to do TWs (and don't tell me that this doesn't balance the question, TW should be the final aim of players) roll a "DPH class".
    I don't really see the point of the "pls nerf the stealth" ****. Does the stealth ability make u so mad? Go to check every other MMORPG, stealth is one of the most common skill in every game. Assassins w/o stealth are a **** (PvP wise ofc) equally geared. If ur problem are the R9 sins, well, the really problem is the gear. Don't tell me a R9 wizard/Archer/psychic can't kill a sin easily if unstealthed.
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    U forgot to mention that stealth in every other game is different than here. Here stealth means invisible as long as the sins wants. In other games he can be seen if he is in line of sight, gets more visible if he gets closer, has a timer to get out of stealth. The sins who can't see the problem with stealth are noobs who rolled a sin to be able to get some pk kills and are unable to when they use a real toon.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't understand all this "oh remove 5 aps and sins become useless QQ" bullcrap.

REPEATEDLY wizards are told "oh your class is a pk/tw class, you shouldn't be able to farm well." And this is true, in most MMOs wizards are a pking class, not a farming class, though they're usually still considered viable.

Well sins, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but PWI is the only MMO where sins are not only the top pking class (r9 psys excluded) but also the top farmers. Sure, you might not be efficient in TW (though still quite damn deadly there) but hey, only maybe 20% (and that's being generous) of each server really gets to TW.

So, while I keep hearing caster classes told they're "pk only" classes; I also keep hearing sins, the "pk king class", say they'd be "useless" without their 5 aps to farm. (God knows sins don't need 5 aps to pk, so don't give me that ****.)

Just seems like the sins are talking out both sides of their mouths.

And oh, I think 5 aps should be nerfed (or balanced into the system), and yes, I have a 5 aps character (almost 2).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't understand all this "oh remove 5 aps and sins become useless QQ" bullcrap.

Well sins, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but PWI is the only MMO where sins are not only the top pking class (r9 psys excluded) but also the top farmers. Sure, you might not be efficient in TW (though still quite damn deadly there) but hey, only maybe 20% (and that's being generous) of each server really gets to TW.

So, while I keep hearing caster classes told they're "pk only" classes; I also keep hearing sins, the "pk king class", say they'd be "useless" without their 5 aps to farm. (God knows sins don't need 5 aps to pk, so don't give me that ****.)

Just seems like the sins are talking out both sides of their mouths.

And oh, I think 5 aps should be nerfed (or balanced into the system), and yes, I have a 5 aps character (almost 2).

The thing is, Assassins aren't the only ones benefiting from high aps. BMs, Barbs and Archers also do. And if you failed to notice, Assassin is the only class out of these four that can maintain a completely flawless permaspark at as low as 2.86 aps.

Also, Assassins are the only close-range light armor class in the game. Comparatively, an assassin has **** defenses and **** life. Take away the stealth and they'll be oneshots or twoshots for Archers, psychics and wizards.

And it's not like lowering the APS would benefit the casters anyway: as long as it remains at 2.86 or higher, nothing is going to change, as Assassins will still be the top dogs. And even if you lower it, an Archer is still going to do more damage than a Wizard or a Psychic, that's how it was before APS turned into a fad. And then what, you're going to QQ that Archers got too high DPH or crit?

And besides, majority of all assassin complainers are complaining about the PK side. That, in itself, is kinda hypocritical, because really no one wants Assassins to be nerfed in PvE if you're also one of the beneficiaries. And the complaints from the PK side usually amount to "MAKE ASSASSINS USELESS NOW BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND THE IDEA OF LOSING TO SOMEONE WHO HAS INFERIOR GEAR "
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The thing is, Assassins aren't the only ones benefiting from high aps. BMs, Barbs and Archers also do. And if you failed to notice, Assassin is the only class out of these four that can maintain a completely flawless permaspark at as low as 2.86 aps.

Also, Assassins are the only close-range light armor class in the game. Comparatively, an assassin has **** defenses and **** life. Take away the stealth and they'll be oneshots or twoshots for Archers, psychics and wizards.

And it's not like lowering the APS would benefit the casters anyway: as long as it remains at 2.86 or higher, nothing is going to change, as Assassins will still be the top dogs. And even if you lower it, an Archer is still going to do more damage than a Wizard or a Psychic, that's how it was before APS turned into a fad. And then what, you're going to QQ that Archers got too high DPH or crit?

And besides, majority of all assassin complainers are complaining about the PK side. That, in itself, is kinda hypocritical, because really no one wants Assassins to be nerfed in PvE if you're also one of the beneficiaries. And the complaints from the PK side usually amount to "MAKE ASSASSINS USELESS NOW BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND THE IDEA OF LOSING TO SOMEONE WHO HAS INFERIOR GEAR "

Yeah I don't want aps lowered, that's not the right way to do it. I'd prefer a more PvE-related change like Asterelle I think suggested with moving bosses and such.

Though I'd still have to say that sin+ aps is pretty broken in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    they did nerf the aps..my demon 5.0 archer wants more aps on demon spark..but noooOOOooooo
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I thought at this point, everyone just started investing into a 5.0 char for at least farming purposes?

They won't change it, APS threads have been coming since last year.

I know loads of players that either have a farming alt at 5.0 aps, or have connections to one, as awkward as it may sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    would anybody (pwe) decrease their wallet size so some no-faces (pwi players) could have more balanced game (lol)?
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    5 aps + bloodpaint can solo pretty much everything in this game faster, and more efficiently than any traditional squad. 1 person is more efficient than 6 people? That doesn't sound right. Of course it needs a nerf >_>
  • saberflare
    saberflare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To me 5 aps is a joke, I played a lot of games and I rarely see a character hitting 5 times a sec. And it kinda doesn't make sense that gears make your hit faster, I think they should remove intervals from armor gears, and leave them for weapon gears. Aps support should come from skills, instead of the armor gears itself.

>.> but really, does attacking 5 times a sec make sense to people, or they just keeping it for their own gains and doesn't care to other people and their hardships.

In my opinion nerf aps to 2 or 3, nerf demon spark, or nerf the damage itself. BTW sin's sleath should have a time limit.
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what are the odds 99% of the people who posted in this thread have never seen or been with a 5aps person ?
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly all people who QQ about aps are people who are not APS. Do you know exactly how expensive to get 5 aps is?

There are benefits for those who don't have 5 aps but have friends that are 5 aps and will help them.

If you don't like 5 aps, uninstall the game. No one is making you stay. Enough QQ it's just sad.

Maybe learn exactly how expensive 5 aps is, then get back to the QQ.
This discussion has been closed.