Why you love your mystic?

Veuhalia - Raging Tide
Veuhalia - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Mystic
i made this thread to know your opinions, i've seen a lot of post about other classes and reasons why player love them, but i love my mystic, so i'd like to know and listen to u.

Why you love your mystic? b:victoryb:victory
Post edited by Veuhalia - Raging Tide on

Comments

• AKB - Archosaur
    AKB - Archosaur Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Reasons to play a mystic, in order of significance:

.5 cast heal that's stronger than wellspring

1 minute heal buff

14m aoe somewhat-spammable CC in gale force

Fast - cast ultimate that also does aoe CC

Lucky Break

aoe cc in listless blossom

additional backup CC in pets (5 sec stun or 3 sec silence)

Best magic defense in the game

2nd best p. def for arcanes

fastest chi gain of any caster class

b:pleased i love battle pet, so i play a veno before, but veno dont have the healing skill that increase the survivality. so i choose to make mystic my main.

P/s: Pet deal full damage on [?] level mobs
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I like Storm's high damage against ? bosses/mobs, using Cragg in RB, and being able to heal or DD instead of being restricted to one role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Leaf - Momaganon
    Leaf - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i love my mystic bcs the pants and the many roles you can be :3
    also i like that u have support from ur summons
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i love my mystic bcs the pants and the many roles you can be :3
    also i like that u have support from ur summons

so what kind of "pants" you like from mystics? b:chuckle
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    so what kind of "pants" you like from mystics? b:chuckle

b:laugh b:chuckle b:laugh

panties
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I love my mystic because she just looks ****ing sexy in purple.

Yep, that's my reason. b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1- The skills are visually awesome.
    2- I love switching between different roles.
    3- Like venos, leveling alone is quite easy.

b:victory
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1- The skills are visually awesome.
    2- I love switching between different roles.
    3- Like venos, leveling alone is quite easy.

b:victory

1.I would have to seriously disagree here. A majority of their attacking skills could have honestly been waaaaay better designed.For example gale force, that definitely could have been like a tornado going around them and pushing outward. Even their buffs could have a better animation, for example wizards pyro shell has little shields going around it. The Mystics verdant shell could have had green aura rising around them from the ground. Their healing buff could have been blue petals floating around them(Duh lol).
    Overall compared to seekers their animations in general were not that well thought out.

2.This I would agree with. I love the fact that mystics can switch between support and DD on bosses.

3.This I also agree with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Because I can vary things up and take on different roles in a party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Samwen - Lost City
    Samwen - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Like everyone else is saying, the different roles. Personally love Sally Salvation pet buffs <3
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mystic is a versatile class and animations and the class itself is quite pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    today i got R7 and i must say im lovin the look of the armor ^.^
    2011-07-2719-39-51.jpg
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    today i got R7 and i must say im lovin the look of the armor ^.^
    2011-07-2719-39-51.jpg

Nice!
  • Shaman_ - Raging Tide
    Shaman_ - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bcuz i cant be veno b:cry
    Bcuz i have cool pets and nice dmg skills b:laugh
    And alot off other resons b:victory
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The main reason why I am enjoying being a Mystic so much is because in DW there are so many people who complain about Mystics and how we aren't really good for anything. People say we can heal/ buff like a cleric so hence we can't be as good as one.

I just like the fact that my main used to be a cleric and healing as a Mystic honestly provides me more challenges. I love to solo heal instances if my squad is brave enough to take me. I've done solo healing FCs, Full Deltas, Warsong, TTs 3-2 and 3-3. I find Mystics to be a great challenge to play and so much fun. I truely enjoy every aspect about them and brought the excitment back to the game for me. b:victory I love a good challenge :D
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The main reason why I am enjoying being a Mystic so much is because in DW there are so many people who complain about Mystics and how we aren't really good for anything. People say we can heal/ buff like a cleric so hence we can't be as good as one.

I just like the fact that my main used to be a cleric and healing as a Mystic honestly provides me more challenges. I love to solo heal instances if my squad is brave enough to take me. I've done solo healing FCs, Full Deltas, Warsong, TTs 3-2 and 3-3. I find Mystics to be a great challenge to play and so much fun. I truely enjoy every aspect about them and brought the excitment back to the game for me. b:victory I love a good challenge :D

This -^ :D
    Also as others have said, i can switch roles and i really like it :) Also i love grinding because every mob is 2shotted *__*
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    b:pleased 80% own phy buff(90% for sage) really help to tank in pvp against phy atk (mostly sin with shietty damage)
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1. I love classes that can summon pets that aid you.
    2. Since i've played veno for so long, the mystic's skills and effects are so graphically pleasing to me. b:cute
    3. I love the versatility of a mystic; healing where required; DDing when having the chance.
    4. TW; It has the potential to be such an OP support class as well as better attack options then a cleric. I'm working on the 100 skills to see the potential of it >.<

In the end, I love the challenge that a mystic gives me in roles in a squad. I love being a target in TW before a cleric because of my buff lmao. I love her cutesy look and how my armor looks on her. Can't think of anything else atm >.< I love playing support roles b:victory
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I love mostly everything on mystic besides mana depletion and dumb sally buffing opponents...b:dirty
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i love my mystic because of the amazing dmg she deals compared to my veno. i also long what shes capable of doing. i go out to the Goothes in avalanche mountain and aoe a ton of them at once. heal aggro makes luring easy and storm mistress aoe helps bring them down fast too. not to mention gales force seal makes mobs run away can actually be helpful if i have lured too many.

i love my mystic in TT. she makes my runs go so much faster, thanks to storm mistress again. i love that pet the most of them all lol.

also, my sexy looks. im pretty darn hawt. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The problem with my cleric was that at some point I was getting asked for help soooooooooooooooooo often I barely had time to do things I wanted to do. And I had huge trouble saying "no". What I like about my mystic is having the ability to heal decently, but not always being expected to. Those FC runs with a cleric are a nice breather where I can get an easy run in and just DD, as well as debuff, and sometimes, storm even tanks a couple bosses xD Even had one crazy run where I was tanking, healing, and killing hands on exp room boss b:sweat was pretty fun actually xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suzubishi
    suzubishi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mystics really are the jacks of all trades. So it's never boring for me to play my mystics. You can heal, DD, lure, provide shields. They're very useful in squads so you never have to worry about having to stand on the sideline wondering what to do. They provide very strong heal and can res-buff. Everyone agrees that cragglord owns (even though he only lasts for 20 seconds). Mystic is the only class in the entire game that has a knock-back skill that actually works in pvp. And this is random but Earthguard is the prettiest class in my opinion. lol b:dirty
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    b:pleased 80% own phy buff(90% for sage) really help to tank in pvp against phy atk (mostly sin with shietty damage)

Thought I should point out that demon gets 90% pdef boost and sage gets 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    Thought I should point out that demon gets 90% pdef boost and sage gets 100%

only wizzy can do buff 100% increase p.def b:laugh
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited August 2011

Check eca, in both descriptions, it says it boosts pdef by 90%, but sage also says it increases by an additional 100%. I'd figure it's just like how both descriptions for lvl 11 stone barrier say they increase pdef by 120%, but demon also says it increases by 150% at the bottom. So, most likely yes, mystics can also increase pdef by 100% if sage just like non celestial wizzies can, but wizzies can still get more regardless of their cultivation choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AKB - Archosaur
    edited August 2011
    ouh yah maybe my bad. i tought its 10% increase from lv10 buff = 90% for sage.
  • ICurry - Lost City
    ICurry - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I love my mystic because i always have to be killed twice in pvp b:laugh b:laugh
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011

No he's right. Go check out ecatomb, demon/ sage version increases phy def by a 90% base but sage gives an additional 10% on top of that. 90% + 10% = 100%. Yay high defenses! b:chuckle
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-