Great_Sek - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Barbarian
b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:chuckle
Post edited by Great_Sek - Lost City on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I assume if you are asking about a vit build you plan on being a tw catabarb. In that case, go sage.

If you are interested in PvE or PvP than I'd recommend demon.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If your planning to be a cata barb, go sage.

If your going for claw, demon.
    Imo, if you go demon, there is no point in going pure vit.
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • Tankarei - Dreamweaver
    Tankarei - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I will be sage on a over-vit build.
    My build is: 4 vit, 5 str, 1 dex.
    At lv 101 I will be unable to use lv 101 weapons till I get full nirvy armor or full R9 armor.

At 101 Ill have: 60 dexterity, 255 strength and 200 vitality (without gear bonuses)

Its an experience but im sacrificing all this str into vit because I have a seeker and a sin to play the DD role.
    Ill use a well refined Calamity axes till later on and Pan Gu Giant till I complete my gear to use the Overlord Axe.
    This build would be nice on demon, but im planing sage for the chi reduction on the flesh ream and Devour, the skills I most use. Healing increase on sunder and duration up on the bestial rage are also welcome for me.
    Armageddon, i rather not to immediately run a charm than to deal 10% more damage, I like Titans and bk's inspiration mods too.

At all im going sage because I want a more stable skill combination, sage is less risky at some points, and I plan to spam Armageddon at big room too b:pleased
    At all i have my sin to hit hard, my seeker to be balanced, so i make this barb for the extreme survival and stability as possible.

Edit:
    Answering to question: If this barb is your only character you have a hard choice here.
    You wanna be the huggybear, meat shield; At TW or even at pve, survive well, draw massive agro go sage.
    If you pretend to kill people, be a versatile barb being able to be a DD, do massive crit with Sunder + armageddon at FC (or wherever else) and willing to pay lotsa charms, go demon.

Sage at the beginning is troubly. You will love the Master Li Techinique, and unless you're so badass you will rarely use celestial spark. You will see demon barbs not losing atk on tiger form, you'll see them have more 100% acc atks, that will make you sad on the beginning.

But some people says that: A barb with ALL sage skills is > than a barb with ALL demon skills.

(Sunder + armageddon can be easily done at fc using Bestial Rage)

At all I don't care, i want sunder to heal me more and what I QQ about armageddon is the HP cost so Sage is the one for me.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is 10% more hp and maybe 30-40 more vit *really* gonna make the difference in a TW? Is it really worth sacrificing pvp viability, a bugged sage onslaught, and etc, just to live .5 seconds longer in TW?

After your invoke runs out and pots are on cooldown, it's all up to your squadmates to keep you safe. I doubt having 5k more hp is gonna make the difference between winning or losing a TW.

Demon barb gets to have fun in both TW AND pve/pvp. AND you can actually DD as a demon barb in TW half-decently. Having a 60% crit rate on armageddon + 30-40% zerk rate gives make arma do at least double damage on just about everything you hit (~75%).

IMO going sage full vit just for an extra few 1000 hp just doesn't add up. It's like 1 gush from a r9 +12 mage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Rosin - Lost City
    Rosin - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Demon a waste of a time for a vit build? oO I'm demon, full vit build, and at level 91 have 19.9k hp... I don't see a valid argument here :p
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Demon a waste of a time for a vit build? oO I'm demon, full vit build, and at level 91 have 19.9k hp... I don't see a valid argument here :p

Being pure vit at demon is stupid, because if you want HP go sage, true form gives that 10% extra HP etc.
    And i'm demon aswell
    Rosin could i possibly get a pwcalc link to your build ?
    thats more HP then usual at lv 91
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    19.9k HP is a lot for lvl 91, i sow a lvl 101 sage Barb with TT99 and R8 gears all+5 with all sage skills (True Form, BKI especially) having that much HP in tiger form how the hell did u manage to have 19.9k at that lvl. I had 13.5k HP in tiger form at lvl 90 b:shocked
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011

lol waste.. demon is all about how hard you hit. all your points are trained into vit, but you hit like a puss fluffy bunny. LOL b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol waste.. demon is all about how hard you hit. all your points are trained into vit, but you hit like a puss fluffy bunny. LOL b:bye

true b:laugh

and @ Tankarei Arma + Bloodpaint = full health no mater what in FC
  • RafiTheBear - Lost City
    RafiTheBear - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    damn 19.9K hp well my barb have 16.6K hp in tiger from sage and all most all my gear refined and have vit points but been demon with 19.9K hp u must refained u gear to lvl 10+
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My friend Dikastis that is a R9 barb demon +10 with savant stones his hp goes to 35k in tiger mode... He is one of the cata barbs I suppose in TW but anyways sage goes better because of the HP but he can deal against other R9 toons and kill them very easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    if you are rank 9 +10 with full vit or josd shards and cant do well as a catapuller as a demon... roll another class.

compare:
    sage vit rank 9 http://pwcalc.com/f4beee7f0210d585 91% pdef and 29796 hp in tiger
    demon vit rank 9 http://pwcalc.com/ec772b3f17267c4c 90% pdef and 28141 hp in tiger (with josd build)

difference of 1% pdef and 1k hp isnt gonna make much difference really.

pure vit demon barb with 16k+ HP standing (dont have any vit stones). its uber smexy to chain demon sunder -> armageddon and hit 100% crit armas and constantly hit for more damage than the pansy sage counter parts. add in a zerk weapon and its a high probability of zerk crits on that combo. can we say "dead bodies"?

demon tanks instances like delta better than sage (holds aggro better due to superior damage)
    demon aoes better than sage (due to superior damage)
    demon kills nub apsers faster than sage (due to superior roar)

demon barb isnt all about aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • DinoRawrr - Sanctuary
    DinoRawrr - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm a demon vit build barb with 14.5kish hp standing buffed (with demon buff).

Demon barb has far superior damage, even as a vit build, and very good survivability because of so much hp.

Demon hp buff gives chi really fast.
    Demon Arma is 10% more damage.
    Demon sunder is 100% crit for 6 seconds or so.

I still do really decent damage with my skills.

Imo it's all about the Arma, but then again I love throwing down a heavy hitting Arma with zerk axes.

Being a claw barb, and being a vit build barb are 2 totally different things.