AntiCreed - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Barbarian
My friend in name Yamu_Inu said u do less damageb:angry
Post edited by AntiCreed - Lost City on

Comments

• Neurot - Sanctuary
    Neurot - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A typical restat for claws would be to remove vit and add dex. Vitality has nothing to do with damage, so why would a claw barb do less damage with axes than a vit barb? At least, I think that's what you are asking.

If anything, you would gain some crit % with the dex, so your axe damage would slightly improve, given no other changes.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    When you restat a Full str/ minimum dex Barb to Claw,
    you might lose some spike damage.

But in return you gain more frequent Crits as mentioned.

And when you go 4-5 APS range, you will find your damage increase significantly compared to before.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • bloodyspork
    bloodyspork Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't see how you could hit less when you still have the same amount of strength... unless he's talking about with arma...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Of course your arma would be lower if you pull stats out of vitality to stat for claws.

But if my barb was pure strength (around 480) with demon titans, demon mastery, and equivilant refines/shards/axe as my current claw build he would do about 1/3 as much damage when sparked. Only about 1/2 as much damage when unsparked. Ofc this is with the same gear so it'd be a higher aps axe attack (1.67) which pure strength axe barbs wouldn't be. Also, its just very rough math assuming the axe barb would be perma sparked too which they wouldn't be. All in all, I'd guess equally geared pure strength axe barbs do between 1/6 and 1/8 the damage of a 5 aps clawbarb.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wtf is the point of this thread.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    you'll do a lot more damage with claws than you could ever do with axes. Your damage with axes will increase due to the increased crit rate. Your HP will suck. Chicken fingers are delicious.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Haii Toll !!!
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Claw barbs does not do a pretty good damage though.... Although, u +5 a deicide or a TT100 fists but anyways the point is that the barbs are meant to tank and kill with poleaxe and axes...... Also, some people told me that buddha: peace the TT90 sacrificial assault fists where a lame thing.... Well I must tell u they are wrong I do more damage than a deicide +5... So if u are thinking of making a claw barb make a fist TT100 barb wil be better in so many ways.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Claw barbs does not do a pretty good damage though.... Although, u +5 a deicide or a TT100 fists but anyways the point is that the barbs are meant to tank and kill with poleaxe and axes...... Also, some people told me that buddha: peace the TT90 sacrificial assault fists where a lame thing.... Well I must tell u they are wrong I do more damage than a deicide +5... So if u are thinking of making a claw barb make a fist TT100 barb wil be better in so many ways.....
    These are the English forums, you have to post in English.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Chicken fingers are delicious.

my 1st post in these forums...

just needed to agree to this
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • Neurot - Sanctuary
    Neurot - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Finally restated last night and I can say I don't notice a drop off in damage at all when using axes (I was a vit barb). Extra damage with +5 Deicides is insane compared to axe damage b:dirty

Back on topic: Chicken fingers are great. Especially with BBQ sauce
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011

And here I was thinking that archers were supposed to use bow and arrows and pick off the enemy from a distance. In fact, the definition for archer at dictionary.com is

"a person who shoots with a bow and arrow; bowman."

So, essentially, you are not doing what archers are supposed to. Since this fact seems to have no restriction upon your actions, I do not see why it should have any effect on barbarians. Also, a Deicide gains more damage per refine than the TT90 fists. Since it is not possible to reach 5 aps on a barbarian without the -int from the claws, we would be reducing our damage by atleast 20%. Sacrificial strike might do double damage, but it would also reduce your hp, making tanking difficult.

I prefer chicken wings. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks