Seeker v. Mystic For TW

Options
Vorbane - Harshlands
Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Which is better in your opinion. Im looking to get r8+10 and wondering which i should go.
rank 9 - 19% farmed
Post edited by Vorbane - Harshlands on

Comments

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wizard/Archer/Psychic
    Packs World International
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wizard/Archer/Psychic

+1

/10char
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Which is better in your opinion. Im looking to get r8+10 and wondering which i should go.

Neither is as good as Wiz/Archer/Psy, as Groove said.

Buuuut if you insist I'd go with a seeker. Better survivability, better damage, and nothing is as fun as vortexing a crowd of people.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker for their AoEs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker

**** in 1v1 PvP

**** outside of FF and RB

**** in almost every aspect

Good for a suicide vortex in TW but that is all

Mystic

**** AOE

Oddly low damage

Good at 1v1 PvP as well as group

Good in any instance as support healer/DD

Good in TW for support healing on tank and AOE plant debuffs

not biased or anything as I have played both, but honestly in the long run Mystic for me outshines seeker in nearly every aspect especially PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah im sticking with seeker. They seem entirely under rated by the community. Ive played Archer for well over 150 TWs on MYEN Oracle server and HL. Mage was never my class and psychic bores me to death. Thanks for the input
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i play a mystic, my hubby plays a seeker. i feel the mystic plays more/better roles in TW. you can either be an attacker on the sidelines or a healer in the air. ive done both. ress is also helpful for the team, but to be honest people usually go back to base for fresh buffs anyways. i do use my ress often as long as there are no/not a lot of enemies around. pushback is a veryyyy fun and helpful skill too. same goes for thicket and gale force if it lands a seal.

as for seeker, it depends more on your defenses. my hubby dies a LOT lol. he can never get a spin in to do dmg. i think he dreads his seeker in TW but absolutely loves it in pve. i cant tell u a whole lot about seeker in TW because i havnt actually played it, this is just from my hubbys experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea the more people talk about Seekers being lackluster the more im excited to play really b:surrender
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seeker

**** in 1v1 PvP

**** outside of FF and RB

**** in almost every aspect

Good for a suicide vortex in TW but that is all

trololol thats a joke. I can take any equal geared (and some better geared) class 1v1 on my Seeker. Hell, I can take most 2-3 on 1. If you cant pvp on a seeker, YOU fail, not the class. And trust me, we do alot more in TW than vortex. Besides, if a seeker vortexes at all in tw, except in very certain cases, they are fail as hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    trololol thats a joke. I can take any equal geared (and some better geared) class 1v1 on my Seeker. Hell, I can take most 2-3 on 1. If you cant pvp on a seeker, YOU fail, not the class. And trust me, we do alot more in TW than vortex. Besides, if a seeker vortexes at all in tw, except in very certain cases, they are fail as hell.

^this. Seekers are way under rated just because we don't got stuns or anti stuns. Any capable pker can make up for that with pots/genies at least 95% of the time. My seeker does fine in pk and never found myself thinking "wow this class sucks might as well leave it". Also Loves is right Vortex is a situationa move, every one talks like in every fight a seeker needs to drop Vortex or he sucks.l
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I do not play any of the classes.

but in 1v1 pk i'd say neither rly hard, even tho i'm gonna rate mystic as best for pvp, if I'd have to choose.

seeker can be hard to kill full +10,some josd.. cos of the damn selfbuff of +30 def lvl as well. but.. now.. thats about it.. their dmg blows and they'r by far easyest class to kite.

mystic.. their gears usually been lower than the seekers so far.. there was one full +10, i think.. cos uses her veno gear.. 1v1 can be rather pain with 19k pdef+shields and heals+plants.. but with that said, again their dmg kinda blows for pvp atleast.
    Wiz/psy similiar gear hits me more. mystic more surviveability tho.

I don't see any of the 2 classes outdmg much charms, unless they outgear the other class.
    I think Feone_ on DW got a G15 +10 refine attack lvl +20 sword, in pk he does well and seen him kill a full +10 sin, granted this was evangeline.. some sin of a rich huby who pays all her stuff and got no skill, but anwyay.. the seeker still killed through the charm. ( i dont speak about skill here as this sin is not good)

anyway as soon R9 for them comes Seekers gonna be better..
    advanced zerk will help their dmg greatly.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seekers and mystics shine well in a r8/nirv predominate faction up against a predominate r8/nirv faction in TW. Somthing you don't see on some of the older servers. Once the devs get off their *** and change one little numerical digit in the files. Im sure the tables of perspective will change for the classes.
    re
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Between Seekers and Mystics in TW there's only way to go: mystic

What are you going to do on a seeker? Vortex someone? Yeah, and they'll hop and skip away and turn around and kill you. Seekers are ok and all. They just have nothing that puts them on the level of an archer,wizard, or psychic.

Mystics on the other hand are more valuable. They are a solid support class with a clear role. Help your team survive.
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What are you going to do on a seeker? Vortex someone? Yeah, and they'll hop and skip away and turn around and kill you. Seekers are ok and all. They just have nothing that puts them on the level of an archer,wizard, or psychic.

Yeah, cause a skill that costs no chi, has a 15 second cooldown and a 28 meter range which does 450% weapon damage +7500 physical and 7850 metal damage while reducing both attack and defense levels by 10 in a 12 meter aoe radius is just useless....... guess I should go vortex and shut up, right? Wait, before I do that let me hit you with a 5 second stun from out of nowhere (yeah, I just teleported to you, what now?!) then insta-cast an 8 second seal to hold you in place while my vortex shreds you mercilessly...... (sorta kidding, vortex does suck usually in pvp, but it can be effective at times).

Seriously, I keep hearing the same **** about seekers that I heard a year ago about psychics. Useless this, fail that, shut up already.......
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, cause a skill that costs no chi, has a 15 second cooldown and a 28 meter range which does 450% weapon damage +7500 physical and 7850 metal damage while reducing both attack and defense levels by 10 in a 12 meter aoe radius is just useless....... guess I should go vortex and shut up, right? Wait, before I do that let me hit you with a 5 second stun from out of nowhere (yeah, I just teleported to you, what now?!) then insta-cast an 8 second seal to hold you in place while my vortex shreds you mercilessly...... (sorta kidding, vortex does suck usually in pvp, but it can be effective at times).

Seriously, I keep hearing the same **** about seekers that I heard a year ago about psychics. Useless this, fail that, shut up already.......

Seekers blow, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seekers: Seekers are particularly useful in that they have both magical and physical attacks, along with several devastating AoE's that can take chunks off HP provided the Seeker is equipped and statted correctly. Seekers should aim MOSTLY for Psychics, simply because the Seeker class was designed for fighting them: High HP, Metal attacks for getting through Psychic Will, and Gemini Slash, which can usually wipe out most pure MAG Psychics. They can also aim for BM's coming towards the enemy with Heartseeker, which will freeze the enemy, and they can also target ranged classes such as Archers, due to their high Physical defense. Because so few players play the Seeker class and play it well (much like Psychics themselves,) they often go unnoticed if they don't pretend they're BM's and run into battle, only to kamakaze and die.

The DOWNSIDE to Seeker is their incredibly poor magic defense. Seekers will have to strike first, and quickly, to avoid getting smashed by Wizards, Venomancers, Mystics, Psychics, and Offense Clerics. The casting time on some of their skills is also a problem. It's a good idea to level up Blade Affinity.

Mystics: Mystics are mostly known for their Salvation Buff, and Revival buff in battle. Intelligent coordinators will put a Mystic with their Cata Squad with a cleric to ensure the survival of the group as a whole. While the Cleric will cover healing, sometimes the cleric itself needs cover, which is where the Mystic usually comes in. Like Seekers, there are not so many higher level Mystics (Although, there are more high level Mystics than Seekers in most servers) so they often go unnoticed in battle. Mystics can also use their healing plants to aid the cleric in healing the squad. The most useful feature of the Mystic however, is their knockback ability. Properly timing out the knockback can result in oncoming BM's getting interrupted with things that can hinder pushes, such as group stunning and DG. They can also push back cata pullers, which stalls the enemy push for a short amount of time. Mystics are particularly dangerous with their physical attack skill, like a cleric's plume shot, that can also take out fellow casters. This makes them very viable to taking out Clerics, Wizards, Psychics, and Venomancers. Their pets also give them special abilities that can be used to a better advantage, such as increased attack and defenses.

EDIT: You can also use your thicket and other plants to hinder enemy pushes, or find Assassins near the group. Very useful!

The DOWNSIDE to Mystics is simple. They're hella squishy, and you don't hit particularly hard. The Physical attack spell takes a little while to charge up, which can leave you vulnerable. It's also been noted that Mystics run out of mana very quickly, and with current charm prices, TW can get expensive. (Luckily, Mystics are similar to Venomancers in the repair cost department.)

I've played both in TW, and I like both classes. I prefer my Psychic in TW, but go with whichever class makes you feel more comfortable playing with. b:bye
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

1.I never stated I cannot PvP on a seeker(ignore this if you were generalizing your statement).

2.I am stating a fact. Right now a seeker is useless in TW/PvP Vs a Psychic for example. Take your nirvana geared seeker Vs a rank 9 arcane and tell me how well you didb:bye.

3.Tell me how effective your Gemni slash is against rank 9's in TW

4.I am purely speaking about top tier TW factions, not vs noobs.

5.Seekers just fall short in the PvP aspect due to their lack of effective skills. "wait a sec ResMePls, I simply tele stun the target followed by Heart Seeker, and Edged Blur or Vortex and they die like nothing". Well little man/woman maybe it is time you stop PvPing against noobs and try your hand at people who know how to PvP and you will see the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Haha cool this thread is still alive. Thanks for all your advice, altho im sure most of it is mis-guided. I will continue to play my seeker because i enjoy it. Ill let you know how TW goes in a week or two.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    . Seekers are way under rated just because we don't got stuns or anti stuns.l

Seekers have a stun, Voidstep.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mystic if you wanna annoy the ** outta a cata barb and push him around. Literally.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They should just assign 5 mystics to defense. Have them all cast Knockback @ the same time on vent, and just keep the barb pushed back forever until he ragequits the TW.

This should totally work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.