Nerf aps? civilized conversation plz :P

theheck0
theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Ok I know you are tired of this But I want a SERIOUS answer you can say what you feel about this aps abuse I would really want to see it nerfed but the thing is that Im just 1 person and there's like a millions of ppl there that have another opinion. Plz SERIOUS answer You know? Im gonna make a poll with some answer dont post nothing If you dont want, just select one If you want to post then do it but dont be rude just give an opinion a SERIOUS opinion. I know its a game and it is doesnt suppose to be serious but there is ppl that play this for a little of fun and APS are actually taking over some ppl fun (AGAIN this is just my opinion). I truly believe that devs are smart persons that can do something about this without losing lots of players that is what I call BALANCE. And if a GM can take the time to post just a little answer here dont matter if it is just NO but plz I want to feel that I am listened.
Post edited by theheck0 on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why remove 5aps?

-it makes PWI insane amounts of money

-it lowers the costs of mats, which makes life easier for CSers

-it speeds up instances considerably

-it's the only thing BMs got going for them in pk

-it's more trouble to remove than to keep in the game
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They either need to cap aps at less than 5 or they need to make -chan gear as easily available and over powered as aps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    They either need to cap aps at less than 5 or they need to make -chan gear as easily available and over powered as aps.

Capping aps destroys the pwi market. Suddenly -int gear drops in price and people (cashoppers mainly) RQ left and right.

Making -chan gear more powerful just ruins PvP. Take my class for example, Wizards. Our biggest balancing factor is that we have long channeling spells. Imagine if you take away that huge downside. We'd be even more OP in TW and 1v1 pk.
  • DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just nerf 5aps in PvP its fine in PvE but a tad op in PvP lolb:pleased
    edited July 2011
    Just nerf 5aps in PvP its fine in PvE but a tad op in PvP lolb:pleased

Not really.

For BMs it's the only thing keeping them around. With genie skills like fortify and Badge, stun locking is an absolute joke. In 1v1 pvp, a BMs only real chance is to stun the opponent to hold them down long enough for a aps barrage.

And I cant really tell if 5aps makes sins OP. I think it has more to do with stealth, deaden nerves, ability to avoid being hit, ability to avoid taking on negative statuses, every single control skill, and tele stunning.

And then there's 5aps barbs. Lol
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    QQ RAGE QQ

NuRf 5ApS RaIt NoAwww!?!?!?!?!

on a serious note... no, who doesn't wanna watch an animated toon twitch kill a 1mill hp boss in seconds.

4aps is more overpowered IMO as long as you have R9 daggers :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The OP side of APS gear in PvE is undeniable, therefore, you should change PvE.

What keeps BMs from permasparking on people? Because people freaking move.

What keeps casters powerful in TW? Their range and damage per hit.

Bosses could...be modified such that DPH makes a difference. Say a boss' hp is decreased significantly, but they are charmed, say at every 10% of their hp

so APS users must break through each threshold in time before charm ticks and the boss gets restored, or wizards must try to bypass each 5% hp mark. Makes the boss approachable in many ways.

Say your bosses now pace around, can be stunned/frozen/slept, so now the squad must work together to keep it in place and to bypass its charm ticks. That makes for an interesting boss fight that would include every class.

TT used to suck hard because it took 10min of AFK to kill each boss...hence why people started stacking -int, to make a run go faster. Nothing wrong with that. 3-x TT changes just forced APS users more because your party has a lot more chance of getting wiped if you can't kill the bosses in time. The bosses should just be made way more interesting without making any class useless.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This topic has been iterated a thousand times, every time this topic comes up, that nerfing APS just makes people require APS even more than they do now. It would have the reverse effect that was intended, and players like wizards who were never really in farm squads still wouldn't be in farm squads, solving pretty much nothing.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The main problem with the aps situation is the dumbing-down effect on gameplay and how it forces everyone into the same boring auto-attacking build. Everyone ends up getting the same cookie-cutter armor and weapons. Most deviant builds end up either converting to an APS build or have to reroll their class.

The great variety in class skills and roles you had in mid levels is completely lost in endgame APS builds. About the only real customization you have left in end-game PVE is what skills you choose to put on your genie. Kinda pathetic.
    Bosses could...be modified such that DPH makes a difference. Say a boss' hp is decreased significantly, but they are charmed, say at every 10% of their hp

so APS users must break through each threshold in time before charm ticks and the boss gets restored, or wizards must try to bypass each 5% hp mark. Makes the boss approachable in many ways.

Due to demon spark, APS users typical have the same or higher DPH as unsparked casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • UMad_Bro - Sanctuary
    UMad_Bro - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They have ways to counter aps in PVE should they CHOOSE to use them. Bosses can be coded to bramble often, debuff attack rates, sleep, stun, silence, run and stick to ranged skills, summon insane adds next to boss, made immune to debuffs+insane phys def/immune to phys, etc.

Destroying APS would destroy the hard work of players and kill a steady money stream for PWE.

ijs
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is aps(+bp) OP in pve..? yes. However you can't just go around nerfing it imo.
    That would be like giving a kid a lollipop after it worked hard for it, and then take it away again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChillaKilla - Sanctuary
    ChillaKilla - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So guys listen i explain u something!
    to nerv aps is dumb it helps everyone each other in tt nirvana fb runs to get fast trough
    u should be thankful andnot jealous it makes teh game interesting for the people they play these chars!

so if u want that to make an bm spend a bit monie or farm for it get gears
    and make ur coins!

i like my aps im fist bm main builded means i can only beat someone trough my fists
    it would fux me up its all rdy hard enough to fight rank 9 people or nirvana +11 +12 people!

so lets just forget this thread and chillex we just need an other ingame goal then pvp tw
    but this game is a pvp game where people fight serious against each otehr and nothing else u guys play an other game then the high cs or high merchant people be intelligent do ur own stuff ingame and try to fullfill ur goals but dont fux the game its good!
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dont think nerfing it is the answer. Too many players have put rl cash or worked their ***** off farming ingame to get the gears to make it happen. Making those gears worthless would probably cause a mass exodus quicker than anything else thats wrong with this game.

Instead value needs to be added to other classes to bring them closer to the level of 5aps players. Add new skills, improve existing skills on classes that are pretty much overlooked now for squads that are more worried about finishing fast than actually playing the game.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Who cares about aps , its bp and aps that make it op. Keep aps, remove bp and no skills can used in stealth. Problem solved. Next, Wiz are op and Psychics are OP.

I doubt pwi would more fun with nerfed aps. Just keep everything as it is and ****ing live with it.
    I hate Room 38
  • carocaina
    carocaina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    APS is part of game. If u feel assasins/BMs with 5 aps are soooo OP... then MAKE ONE b:pleased
    Or keep QQing
  • SwordFarm - Sanctuary
    SwordFarm - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Rawr, I'm gonna make a sin, spend $100 making her 5 aps and rank 8, then we'll see who feels like a nub >:3
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's already inflarate the core. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_TO_ALL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Rawr, I'm gonna make a sin, spend $100 making her 5 aps and rank 8, then we'll see who feels like a nub >:3

Sorry to spill the beans but its going cost a bit more that $100 b:sad
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Pretty much make my character useless if you nerfed aps so no. There will always be some class ithats just allittle more "better" than then rest which is where everyone will flock to an require. Think back to before aps....got a veno?
    Just because you arent said class doesnt give you the right to ruin someone elses char, an all characters are actually good at something regardless of aps. Top pvp/tw factions want exactly opposite of fast aps people..so those acting like aps make you op in pvp are obviously wrong.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It has been nerfed. It was purposely capped at 5aps.
    Using archers as an example (being an original class), they can reach far more than 5aps. They can hit 5aps using only TT gear and r8 top with demon spark. You do not need any nirvana, Lunar Glade or a tome to reach 5aps with an archer.
    (2 TT99 gold complects/gold wrists, rank8 top, TT100 fists + demon spark). Take away the rank8 top and you have a 3.33aps BM. LG gear and tomes were always intended to be added to the original game. You start adding this expanded gear like tomes, LG cape and Nirvy pants...what does that put an archer at?
    Obviously 5aps was the intention, because they could see with the planned LG and tomes that APS could surpass 5, and so it was capped. Purposely. It was just never meant to be this widespread or easily attainable.
    You would have had to work your *** off to achieve this pre-packs. Meaning the users with it would have been few and far between, not shifting the balance of PvE in any way.
  • theheck3
    theheck3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    First of all my name is similar to the thread starter so dont judge b:chuckle. Now there is an option that says Yes make something without **** it. You that dont want the poor Bms that wasted money ruined could vote at this option.THIS IS A MMORPG BOSSES AREN'T supposed to be beaten in 1 minute
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It has been nerfed. It was purposely capped at 5aps.
    Using archers as an example (being an original class), they can reach far more than 5aps. They can hit 5aps using only TT gear and r8 top with demon spark. You do not need any nirvana, Lunar Glade or a tome to reach 5aps with an archer.
    (2 TT99 gold complects/gold wrists, rank8 top, TT100 fists + demon spark). Take away the rank8 top and you have a 3.33aps BM. LG gear and tomes were always intended to be added to the original game. You start adding this expanded gear like tomes, LG cape and Nirvy pants...what does that put an archer at?
    Obviously 5aps was the intention, because they could see with the planned LG and tomes that APS could surpass 5, and so it was capped. Purposely. It was just never meant to be this widespread or easily attainable.
    You would have had to work your *** off to achieve this pre-packs. Meaning the users with it would have been few and far between, not shifting the balance of PvE in any way.
    ...and then PWI messed it all up.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Pretty much make my character useless if you nerfed aps so no. There will always be some class ithats just allittle more "better" than then rest which is where everyone will flock to an require. Think back to before aps....got a veno?

you do know there is these things called skills tht your character has yea ik it must be hard having to click somethin else besides spark but dont worry big daddy is here to help lmao.

*looks at just alittle more better* *falls out of my chair bursting with laughter* alittle better lmao its extremely better that is why every one wnts it and is flocking to it (including meb:avoid)and it has ****ed over half of the classes and made the game a bore. it may have done some good but thts a tiny some compared to the long run of this game when the game comes crashing down from the inside out and all tht time and money wont mean ****.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I really would like a major rebalancing of the game, even though chances are small they ever will. Aps being 1 of the problems, I want it nerfed. However, a simple "let's cap aps at 3.33 or 2.86" won't work. That would only favor sins that can permaspark with that aps thanks to chi skills. Also, other things have to be nerfed too, like stealth or the simple problem that the game never addapted to r8/9 and vana gear being "average". Aps isn't the only broken part, however most hyper-focus on it making all not-4/5 aps players unwanted even if they would do more dps.

Many interesting solutions have been proposed already : Make stealth consume chi instead of mp, have real aps% bonusses instead of -int that grows exponantially, spark cd, etc
    The OP side of APS gear in PvE is undeniable, therefore, you should change PvE.

What keeps BMs from permasparking on people? Because people freaking move.

What keeps casters powerful in TW? Their range and damage per hit.

Say your bosses now pace around, can be stunned/frozen/slept, so now the squad must work together to keep it in place and to bypass its charm ticks. That makes for an interesting boss fight that would include every class.

TT used to suck hard because it took 10min of AFK to kill each boss...hence why people started stacking -int, to make a run go faster. Nothing wrong with that. 3-x TT changes just forced APS users more because your party has a lot more chance of getting wiped if you can't kill the bosses in time. The bosses should just be made way more interesting without making any class useless.

This is an interesting idea, that isn't just a "let's get back to the old days". You're right that, even though ppl want 5aps being nerfed, nobody wants back to 2h+ TT. Bosses like you present them sound fun and challenging ^^
    Due to demon spark, APS users typical have the same or higher DPH as unsparked casters.

You're kidding right? Give me those deicides that hit 7~8k per hit on vana bosses (without debuffs and hf). That seems to be the range of a normal gush. Heck, even with my build (that is more dph then aps) and +12 r9 daggers, my zerk+crit record in vana is only around 60% of the value of the crit record of a psy/wizzie with r8.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    HI nabs and noobs , are u really trying to change the game with 100 votes out of 10000 players !??

as the stupid thing about choosing harpie for tournment ?

assasins or bm's or barbarians the classes of APS , whts their max damage sparked ? 22K for +12 assasin G16 daggers . bm 18K max!

a wiz or veno or MAGES sparked can 1 shot ! making more than 40K sparked damage in stats . this without the +30 atk lvl from r9 , and 30 atk lvl from blessing .

wiz , or veno, or psy got there own SKILLS to kill 1 shot ! their skills ADDs EXTRA DAMAGE to base damage !!!!!!

archer aoe is known as killing of many people 1 time.

assasin or bm also got there own skills!!

in OTHER WORDS every Class have his own special ability , so stop being jelious about not being able to farm with ur mage ! U are able to make alot in TW's and pvp . b:shutup
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
    edited July 2011
    MORE Thing .........

the stupid idea u came with , is only cause u cant make THE ASSASIN AND GEAR IT.

if u get the assasin now geared , u will never ask to Nerf APS.

more than 30% of the 100+ people made assasin's 100 4-5 aps last 3 months !
    and more than 80% of total players MADE ASSASINS !
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
    edited July 2011
    More and more !

Every Class other than assasin or BM CAN build r9 all gear , to get 20 atk lvl and 20 def lvls , with chance to +2 def shard x4 EACH PART !

WHY ( cause assassin will loose his APS if use R9 PARTS )

While assasin or BM cant get 1 single part R9 , so GO PLAY OTHER ONE ! silly .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • //athan - Dreamweaver37
    //athan - Dreamweaver37 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *sigh*

ruin aps and ruin the work of ppl who worked several months?
    ruin aps so melee classes become useless? yay ofc wiz/psy etc are less effective in PvE

but did u try fight a full +10/+12 R9 wiz/psy with 70 def lvl in PvP ?

kthxbye b:bye lol
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    big letters

Hello person with one post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    More and more !

Every Class other than assasin or BM CAN build r9 all gear , to get 20 atk lvl and 20 def lvls , with chance to +2 def shard x4 EACH PART !

WHY ( cause assassin will loose his APS if use R9 PARTS )

While assasin or BM cant get 1 single part R9 , so GO PLAY OTHER ONE ! silly .

umm... you are ****ing stupid...
This discussion has been closed.