After 60's (lvls)

kububububu
kububububu Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
hello,
I'm kinda new to this game.
"This" game I mean PWI from like Genie update or so.

I used to play on PW-MY back in 2008.
Got there to ~73lvl and quit.

I wanted to roll a new character, cuz I kinda miss that old gameplay of PW, but hey - there's so many changes!

New races, new aps craze, many news ; d

I understand that till 60lvl You play like in the back days, that's okay.
but what then?
How about zhen squads these days? I keep hearing ppl callin' seekers for FC or so.
What is that, how does it work?
Is it a new place where u set up old zhenn squad where are charm-users & lurers?

From what I hear assassins are nice for later lvls these days, but what exactly each class do after 60lvl?

I came by opinions like:
"High lvl with plenty of cash -sins are gods"
"Psychic is useless after 90lvl"

I know how to lvl till 60-70lvl, but which class gets good exp later? I don't want to hit 70 and then stop. I want to easily find squads for these FC (whatever it is and how it looks) for fast exp ; D

Please help me to figure it all out ; D
Post edited by kububububu on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Frostcovered City wasn't originally meant as an EXP farm instance.
    But anyway, it's an ordinary dungeon except players lure and pull large groups of monsters, and aoe them to death instead of killing them 1 by 1 like in most other instances.
    There are also bosses, and quests inside and stuff.
    A popular part of FC is the 'heads' where some 'heads' pop out for a few seconds before they dissapear. You can kill those for stupid amounts of exp.

At very late levels, Sins, BMs, some archers can solo FC for lots of EXP, but you need to cash shop a lot and spending such a big amount on a game like PWI isn't worth it.

Easily finding squads for FC - Any AoE class (BM, Seeker, Wizard), barbarian, cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is generally how they're used in the instances you pointed out:

- Seekers in FF are pullers+DD or just a DD. Their primary use is vortex for AOE, which severely takes the stress off from any bm/wiz/archer/psy, and enables them to do large pulls taking little damage when hitting targets and having sin's bloodpaint buff. As far as zhenning goes with BP they can easily be a one-man show. There are no casual zhen squads anymore.

- Sins are single target DD's which are primarily known for soloing FF or BH or certain TT's. They have heavy single target DPS but are amongst the worst classes for AOE's.

After lvl 60 people do more FF, BH, TT, and other instances later on. Mainly, FF is the instance most people do.
  • Linzen - Dreamweaver
    Linzen - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    make Barb, tankz always wanted.b:coolb:victory
    Bad worker always blames his/her tools.b:quiet
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    kububububu wrote: »
    "Psychic is useless after 90lvl"

lolz. nice opinion. I just go through Rb holding all the aggro, one shotting all the FF mobs, clearing out warsong. yeah were useless.
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lolz. nice opinion. I just go through Rb holding all the aggro, one shotting all the FF mobs, clearing out warsong. yeah were useless.

Ikr? 8+ seconds of phys immunity, fast aoe's with good added effects, reflecting damage and debuffs or a 12+ second stun with +12? Combine that with the ability to switch between offensive and defensive stances and hard counter aps? Pretty useless.

I told some Ppl i was finally gonna get r9, they are like: remember we are your friends xD.
  • kububububu
    edited July 2011
    That thing about psych was not my opinion. I just heard something like this.
    So how will barb do on high lvls?
    Is Sin/seeker better or something?

How doeas it look for frost and wars later ; d
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Whoever said psys are useless was an idiot... its like one girl told me... as a psy I hit like a mack truck.

Sins suck in low lvls I will admit... but once you get to mid 60's they begin to shine like no other...

Seeker I have no clue haven't played one beyond lvl 11 yet.

Barbs and clerics in my opinion are always needed (or mystics)

Just make one of each play with it awhile and see which you like...

Many people are in there 50's now in a week (I know that didn't used to happen in the old version)

But there are quests at 40 that make you jump 10 lvls in a day... the rest is cake... Pop some hypers for a day and have at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Careful listening too closely to random opinions.
    (I won't comment on the psys being useless thing other than to say: look at my avatar.) b:chuckle

Here's my random opinion:

How a barb will do at high levels depends greatly on build and gear. It will be easy to level and find squads for BH and FC, everyone will love your buffs and ability to pull/tank and survive...... until 100, when if you restat to a fist-bm build and get highly refined claws and aps gear you will still be just as wanted (except in territory war.....). VIT build barbs at 100+ become squad buffers and Delta pullers primarily, unless you have highly refined gear and high level shards (read: cash shop or farm/merchant like crazy) in which case you will also be able to pull catapults in territory wars.

Sins are overpopulated, for a reason. They are the absolute fastest single target killers in PvE, taking down bosses in insanely fast times with high attack rates and crits. They only come into their real power in the 90+ levels with demon spark and -interval gears. It can be hard to find squads to level between 70-90 because of overpopulation and their tendency to steal aggro but inability to survive well (light armor just sucks for tanking until endgame). After 90 you can basically solo FC if you want. Sins are also great in 1v1 PvP, but much less wanted in territory war; due to lack of aoes and relative squishiness their job is usually limited to stealth killing clerics.

Seekers have yet to come into their own, but are getting more recognition. They are often called to pull in FC because of a lack of barbs, with heavy armor and their +30 def lvl self buff they are very good pullers, the only drawbacks are less sprints and control skills than a BM and no real aggro skills other than their main aoe (which is the highest DPS aoe in the game). In any aoe situation seekers really shine, against single bosses (where most endgame farming happens) their DPS is only good if the bosses don't interrupt often and vortex can be maintained. They do function well to increase the damage of non-aps DDs, with their magic and skill specific debuffs, and squads as a whole with their def lvl debuff. In territory war they can work well as a ranged physical/magical DD, like a wiz/archer in some ways, they also have the ability to destroy whole squads with their insta-cast self buff followed by a succession of aoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kububububu
    edited July 2011
    Careful listening to closely to random opinions.
    (I won't comment on the psys being useless thing other than to say: look at my avatar.) b:chuckle

How a barb will do at high levels depends greatly on build and gear. It will be easy to level and find squads for BH and FC, everyone will love your buffs and ability to pull/tank and survive...... until 100, when if you restat to a fist-bm build and get highly refined claws and aps gear you will still be just as wanted (except in territory war.....). VIT build barbs at 100+ become squad buffers and Delta pullers primarily, unless you have highly refined gear and high level shards (read: cash shop or farm/merchant like crazy) in which case you will also be able to pull catapults in territory wars.

Sins are overpopulated, for a reason. They are the absolute fastest single target killers in PvE, taking down bosses in insanely fast times with high attack rates and crits. They only come into their real power in the 90+ levels with demon spark and -interval gears. It can be hard to find squads to level between 70-90 because of overpopulation and their tendency to steal aggro but inability to survive well (light armor just sucks for tanking until endgame). After 90 you can basically solo FC if you want. Sins are also great in 1v1 PvP, but much less wanted in territory war; due to lack of aoes and relative squishiness their job is usually limited to stealth killing clerics.

Seekers have yet to come into their own, but are getting more recognition. They are often called to pull in FC because of a lack of barbs, with heavy armor and their +30 def lvl self buff they are very good pullers, the only drawbacks are less sprints and control skills than a BM and no real aggro skills other than their main aoe (which is the highest DPS aoe in the game). In any aoe situation seekers really shine, against single bosses (where most endgame farming happens) their DPS is only good if the bosses don't interrupt often and vortex can be maintained. They do function well to increase the damage of non-aps DDs, with their magic and skill specific debuffs, and squads as a whole with their def lvl debuff. In territory war they can work well as a ranged physical/magical DD, like a wiz/archer in some ways, they also have the ability to destroy whole squads with their insta-cast self buff followed by a succession of aoes.

Gee! That's helpful! : )

I narrowed my choice to: barb, seeker, sin & archer : )

And still: how is archer these days? and then: in these squads later?
    Maybe that would be a nice choice?
    I alwayes liked this class.

Playing as a barb doesn't seem to be worth so much, yeah You're needed and so, but in the end... Not so much ; d

Seeker - most unknown char, semi tank semi dd - intersting, but I'm not fully convinced.

When it comes to frost and so... is it all-men action or it's like that zhen in the old days? So i can put my charm on as a seeker, turn vortex on and go make my dinner?
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Careful listening to closely to random opinions.

What she said about the sins lol... I have been 80 for almost 3 days... which for me is unheard of. Bh squads nonexistant... At lvl 80 I have 3 interval pieces with more hp than most sins at 90 (most sins I have seen have hp around 3500-3800 I have hp at 4150+ unbuffed) and +5 daggers.... Still no invites.... Back to oracle and hypering I will gob:surrender

What my sin looks like now

http://pwcalc.com/fd57f2cc90028544
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • kububububu
    edited July 2011
    Done some research and it seems to me this way:

archer isn't that needed anymore, cuz for dmg in instances later they use fists - so why to play archer? better make BM/Sin, am I right?

barb is still a barb until he has to restat for fists - that's a bit wired... isn't it better to make a bm then?

Seeker - still unknown, but it seems he isn't a tank anyhow in later game and he doesn't do that much dmg

I'm a bit afraid of being barb and have always to pull mobs for others instead of killing them...
    I'd prefer to do the killing also cuz it seems more fun, until it's zhen - and here I'd better like to just start my zhen continous skill than luring around.

Are my thoughts right? Is it really this way?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011

barb is still a barb until he has to restat for fists - that's a bit wired... isn't it better to make a bm then?

After a barb restats to fists, he only loses a bit of HP, you always keep enough STR to use the latest Axe / Hammer. This pretty much means you are still a regular barb, but you have the option of switching to fast killing mode for bosses. Barb and BM fist damage doesn't really differ a whole lot, so you shouldn't base the choice of your class purely on that. BMs have a lot of neat skills, but so do Barbs. They're still just as different when a barb has the possibility to wear fists.

The only difference between a vit barb and a fist barb is some HP in return for which you get a 'fast boss kill mode'. You can easily make up for the difference in HP with more expensive gear that your faster boss killing allows you to purchase. People criticizing fist barbs somehow seem to think they lose the ability to use their regular weapons and skills if they so choose. I switched to fists at lvl 90 ( a bit early I know) and have yet to see any place I needed the extra HP that I lost.
  • kububububu
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, I've just seen a 30+ psychic in action - he kills his lvl mobs really fast, how does it look later? ; d
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Endgame psys are pretty feared. For tw, the most wanted dps is psy, wiz, and ea. Psy and wiz are nothing alike other than ranged casters. My Psy has 115 attack levels with jones blessing and up to almost 100 def lvls if I use white voodoo (no jades yet). I one to two shot most mobs. Need to +12 my wep tho so I get crazy soulforce too.

Oh and seekers can have 100 attack and defense levels at the SAME time with r9. They can stun from range, transfer debuffs to opponent, disarm an opponent, etc. They cannot be aps noobs, but are pretty awesome IMO.
  • kububububu
    edited July 2011
    After a little chat with a friend who's more into these days' gameplay I learned that after lvl 60 I should invest into hyper stones and just kill normal mobs for one hour at x12 or kill some bosses on island near Tideborn city, doin' this hit 80 and start FC runs.
    She said that for FC most wanted are clers, barbs, seekers, wizz, bm and after these comes psychic.
    Is that all right?

I must say that cler is fun, but while my gf is rolling this char it's not needed to roll 2nd one.
    Barb - tanks, and that's needed, but not that fun : P
    I love how psychic is dealing with regular mobs ; ) and still I'm not sure about these seekers ; d