Unskilled nubs vs. powerlevel nubs

Options
Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I have to ask... when did we all started to blame power-leveled nubs for our (your) own failures? Who cares if half of your squad got there through power levels... as long as you have the skills to make up for their lack of skills... everything will be fine.

Yesterday I wc for a cleric and a few dds for bh metal. Cleric had like 4k hp... lets not even mention the +4 dec 5k hp level 101 bm... or the even less hp bp buffer that I got from wc. Its not hard for any cleric to pop bb and watch the mp bar. The bm got killed at the first group and didn't even manage to come back until the 2nd to the last group. who knows what the sin was doing. So the entire bh was up to me and another archer... oh yea... and my duo comp afk leeching veno. at the end... the bm even pretended to tank the boss. Not a hard bh... took less then 10 minutes.

I barely notice any disturbance of squad efficiency from fail members... as long as you don't depend on them. And guess what... with enough skills/gears... you don't need to depend on them. So before any of you start to rant about failed power level nubs... maybe you should take a good look at how you can improve yourself first.
1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
Post edited by Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• omegatoth
    omegatoth Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i feel a disturbance in the troll forceb:shocked
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't cite a BH as your example, people can solo that.

Why not take some random kids into TT3-3 then come back and talk? If you die a couple of times because Arma keeps buffing himself on someone, then you'll know what people are talking about with power leveled and under-geared nubs; if you survive despite it, then ask yourself why take these people in the first place? Because you want to help them out with loot share? No one wants to carry a run.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was stupid to expect basic competency out of my squad mates during those situations that I actually want or need to squad.

You're right. I should completely ignore their catastrophic (and probably contagious) failures and continue to drag their sorry behinds through the rest of the instance. That way they can get a fair share of EXP/Spirit/Drops they didn't do jack @#$% for (which in my case is usually the few remaining pricey molds left out there) while blaming me, the Cleric, the tank, or whomever happens to be nearby at the time for the fact they spent most of the instance humping the floor.

Because I was totally in the mood to solo the place anyways. I just felt like dragging extra baggage along for the ride this time. **** having people along who actually contribute; they just steal my spotlight!

Because that makes perfect sense. Yup. b:cute
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Why not take some random kids into TT3-3 then come back and talk? If you die a couple of times because Arma keeps buffing himself on someone, then you'll know what people are talking about with power leveled and under-geared nubs; if you survive despite it, then ask yourself why take these people in the first place? Because you want to help them out with loot share? No one wants to carry a run.

Taking randoms in to a mat run is just stupid. And I have taken randoms in to 3-3 bh or even lunar bh. Not that hard. If i can't get guildies to fill in empty spots... the next best thing is to bring along randoms (regardless if they are needed or not). considering if they die... they die... if they don't... they might actually help with dd.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Squad = Team = teamwork.

This game has an extremely low skill ceiling. You cannot make up for many other people's powerlevelling by having skill. Skill will not get you that far in this game (although it does make a difference).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    /facedesk

try doing an instance that actually requires squad team work...

try doing an FC with a lvl 80 alt in a 8x squad. See what happens when the bm doesnt stun, the barb doesnt roar/invoke, the cleric forgot sparks for bb, or the aoe DD didn't use their zhen quick enough.

Just see how much longer you can uphold this superiority facade.
  • ErzaSukareto - Harshlands
    ErzaSukareto - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    xD we just made a great guildy squad last night ^^ i'm happy we could finish the fc, with some lower lvls (our RL friends who started playing a few weeks ago) and yes, they are skilled players with crappy gear =/^^ cause we can't afford credit card, it was fun, yes, they died a couple of times, but for being their first time, i'm proud of them.
    30072011.jpg

try harder Visa-boys ;)
  • WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    xD we just made a great guildy squad last night ^^ i'm happy we could finish the fc, with some lower lvls (our RL friends who started playing a few weeks ago) and yes, they are skilled players with crappy gear =/^^ cause we can't afford credit card, it was fun, yes, they died a couple of times, but for being their first time, i'm proud of them.
    30072011.jpg

try harder Visa-boys ;)

LoL! I dont even ...

If all of your squad members were 70-75 and pic was taking at Holen then maybe, just maybe I would have been impressed. b:bye

Try harder ;)
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When I find out, usually way too late, that Im in a squad of 100+ that should still be level 30+ Ill tell what my superior knowledge of my skills does. It keeps me alive long enough to get clear of that mess.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't forget about awareness. Human seem to be more and more less aware lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ErzaSukareto - Harshlands
    ErzaSukareto - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LoL! I dont even ...

If all of your squad members were 70-75 and pic was taking at Holen then maybe, just maybe I would have been impressed. b:bye

Try harder ;)

LoL when Visa boys stop using Visa just maybe I would have been impressed, (i'm not assuming that ur one of them)
    I know who they are when they try to pk u with 20 lvl s above u and 10 secs later they are laying on the floor b:thanks
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LoL when Visa boys stop using Visa just maybe I would have been impressed, (i'm not assuming that ur one of them)
    I know who they are when they try to pk u with 20 lvl s above u and 10 secs later they are laying on the floor b:thanks

I can solo frost on my hh90 wiz. =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Before I quit the game a few weeks ago, I more often than not had to carry the squad in the healing aspect. I don't mind it at all but if there's a cleric in the squad I expect them to do their job efficiently. And my main for two years before this mystic WAS a cleric, so I know what they're capable of and what to expect of one that's skilled.

I have met plenty who know their class very very well, but 10 times more who don't which is the problem.

And like Astarte said earlier, I think it's decent to expect your squadmates to know wtf they're doing. There's a reason you make a squad in the first place. You should never be expected to carry their sorry ***** through an instance. If I were a leader in a squad and some -insert class here- was an absolutely unskilled ****** in say, FF for example, I'd simply kick him out of the squad and find someone more suited for the job. Which I have done before lol. And my squadmates who did know what to do were more than happy I did. Because the more people you have in your squad who know their classes well and can act as a team, the better off all of you are.

It makes your job a lot easier, to put it simply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...so is the OP saying we just get to 100+ get R9 +10 or other super gear and solo everything?
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...so is the OP saying we just get to 100+ get R9 +10 or other super gear and solo everything?

yes, and kids don't forget! If you buy a new weapon or armour you will need to +10 it right away or u be a nub
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

people meaning what? sins? venos? what about the other 8 classes?

why shouldnt he cite a bh as an example? or a frost for that matter?

99% of all world chats for squads are for either BH/frost/nirvana

what should be said is dont cite TT as an example cause everone solos them...and last i checked if TT is not soloed its mostly a friends/faction thing, in fact Ive never been part of a random TT squad, nor would I want to be.

There have always been fail people/squads before, its just more prevalent now cause theres a widespread excuse for it now - powerleveling.

And the introduction of rank 8/9 into the mix has not helped any cause now with the addition of this into the system standards are set higher.

I bet a few years ago when fcc and tt 90 gear was hot stuff and people may have died doing bh79s and TTs noone spammed forums with fail people threads and blamed it on anything other than the fact that the "user" was an idiot....