FC Glitch *angry*

carocaina
carocaina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
No one is being banned? Why?
Someone will be banned or we can all do without suffering consequences?

FIX IT or Ban em all b:angry
Post edited by carocaina on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As far as I know, people HAVE been banned for it. That and word has already been sent to the CN developers to have it fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As far as I know, people HAVE been banned for it. That and word has already been sent to the CN developers to have it fixed.

that glitch is from before RT expansion I think.
    therefore I dont think the devs can even edit the code, to make it work.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    that glitch is from before RT expansion I think.
    therefore I dont think the devs can even edit the code, to make it work.

They'll probably just remove the boss' ability to summon dragoons or whatever, or replace it with a different boss like the one from the old FF (not sure if that one summoned dragoons or not).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm sure there's something they could do to work around it. But if the glitch isn't widely used in the main version of PW, I'm gonna assume fixing it isn't a huge priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They'll probably just remove the boss' ability to summon dragoons or whatever, or replace it with a different boss like the one from the old FF (not sure if that one summoned dragoons or not).

In old frost it summons dragoons to also the glitch was there just no op geared ppl to do glitch
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In other versions of PW you couldn't use hypers in FCC. No one else is having this problem.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2011

This is correct. They are indeed working on a fix as we speak.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You gonna take all the level's people gained from the glitch since people are spamming them and leveling so fast?
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011

ETA of said fix...?
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You gonna take all the level's people gained from the glitch since people are spamming them and leveling so fast?

this^ for real, it should have been fixed, but it's too late now to just flat out remove it. I mean, you could do that, but that would be a real **** move. It needs to be replaced with something similar, possibly with a minimum level of 100. I don't think a rollback of levels is an option at this point due to the sheer number of people who may or may not have taken advantage of it.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ETA of said fix...?

Probably sometime between here and Eternity.

AKA never. Just like the 19023821093810298 other bugs that have been queued up for fixes.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is there anything that will be done to those abusing the glitch to lvl 105?

Or is the damage simply done and they will just have it?

This will determine if I play again.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Yin_ - Dreamweaver
    Yin_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They didn't even have a rollback for the duke rose exploit and that trashed the economy of the game.

This glitch is relatively harmless outside of increasing the demand for charms and vac powders and people getting a couple of stat points.

Would they refund the zhen people had to buy for all they charms they used to do this? Do you expect them to ban or **** off the biggest cash shoppers?

The last glitch people abused was making Medals Of Glory from DQ points tradeable and no action was taken against those abusers.

There is really no benefit to pwe in fighting their own customers. The best action for them to do is to fix the damn glitch. Why is it taking months? lol. It should be a quick 5 minute fix.
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If that bug ever gets fixed you're going to see massive QQ topics, from players who will be mad that noone got deleveled or permabanned for exploiting it. And who will regret not having exploited it as well. Since our so-called community manager had the genius idea to say that you "might" just be investigated if you were talking about it in world chat "goons", fcc 100+, fcc you-know-the-one,... squad requests have become as common as the ones for normal fcc. They're not even hiding anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this^ for real, it should have been fixed, but it's too late now to just flat out remove it. I mean, you could do that, but that would be a real **** move. It needs to be replaced with something similar, possibly with a minimum level of 100. I don't think a rollback of levels is an option at this point due to the sheer number of people who may or may not have taken advantage of it.

On most it's obvious to see. It's easy to determine the normal exp gain, and thus how fast ppl can lvl. If you see a person that lvled from 103 to 105 in a matter of 2 weeks or so (real example), with a full solo fcc run for me at lvl102 being 2~3% depending if I do all mobs or just bosses + exp mobs, it's kinda obvious how they lvled. Thing is, those are mainly the long run players that probably cashshopped a lot, and so they won't get banned/lvl reset. Tbh, I wouldn't risk pissing them off either if I were PWE.

I don't know much about game developping or how hard it would be to fix the glitch, but a temporary solution like making some particular mobs immune to shadow jump/teleport (like there are already tons of in instances) shouldn't be so hard.

Either way, it's just "if-talking". Damage is done, all lvl105 will be seen as goon-glitch-abusers by other players, and let's be honest, nobody gives a damn about wether someone is 101, 102, 103, 104 or 105 cause it's just a few stat points. I think glitch abusing is sad, but can't get angry over it.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Eh the should just leave it, it's a bit late to remove it now after all these people have got 105...

As much as I hate the glitch, they could just leave it and increase the level cap to 120 or something :D
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The problem here is that the first FC glitch (powerlevellinjg at the heads room) pretty much wiped out everything below level 80.

The new glitch has wiped out everything below 100.

Even if I wanted to play more actively now, there's no one left to play WITH. They all cheated into the high levels - and then most of them stopped because this game doesn't have any end-game content, and all the top gear comes from packs!
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Eh the should just leave it, it's a bit late to remove it now after all these people have got 105...

As much as I hate the glitch, they could just leave it and increase the level cap to 120 or something :D
    +1
    105 isn't a good number 120 is more like it :D
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    why dont they just make that boss summon bishops instead? so if anyone EVER tries glitching that boss then they will be zap spasmed by a thousand lightning aoe strikes
    b:victory
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    While fixing this bug, please consider to add some (new) endgamecontent cuz ff glitch is like the only thing which u need to do anything else than spark+autoattack
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    why dont they just make that boss summon bishops instead? so if anyone EVER tries glitching that boss then they will be zap spasmed by a thousand lightning aoe strikes
    b:victory

Better yet, make it spawn a random mob/boss ;)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
This discussion has been closed.