BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
My modest opinion:

- Players try to make money by farming

- Devs introduce instances to farm mats and sell to other players for coins

- Players starts to farm intensively in new instance to gain coins

- In a while thousand of players farms in the same instance

- Because of the high number of mats farmed,their selling prices drop

- Newer players with weak-average gear gets annoyed because they need to farm for hours to get a minimal profit

- Devs introduce new ways for the weaker players to make money

- Soon,old and rich players starts to farm the"New Way",to make money(e.g. new instance,special daily quests,daily events,special open-world farming areas,etc.)

- In a short period of time,players learn to maximize the profit from the"New way",old/rich players(Because of the gear),attain farm rates 10 times the average non-rich/weak player.

- After a while,the"New Way",gets so massively used that either that new"Thing",selling prices drop ridiculously low,either the new areas gets simply too crowed,either the massive amount of money introduced in the economy make everything else's price to raise,making doing the new way"Less Effective"
Or
- Devs realize that the"New way",gives non-cash shopped players a too easy to way gain money and thus nerf it.

- Weak/New/Non rich players are left alone with no decent profitable ways to make money other than merchanting.

- Devs introduce new stuff to raise new and old players interest.

- New stuffs gets over farmed again

- Rinse and repeat
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• /aron - Dreamweaver35
    /aron - Dreamweaver35 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Don't forget the number one way a F2P game developer can ruin a game and create a "beginning of the end" scenario.........

Selling power.

When you sell power, you alienate all those who cannot afford such things and, therefore, lose some word of mouth by the non-cash players who made this game so big to begin with.

True, the cashers do keep the game going via money for the developers BUT it is the non cash people who bring in 87 - 93% of the new players who may, one day, be cashers as well unless they are frustrated by a somewhat unfair and almost corrupt tilt to those who can afford to CS highly.

I love the game even though I am a relative noob (joined in Nov/Dec last year), even I have noticed a downward turn in the game and the gaming economy and fear there may be no turning back now.

For me at least, I am hearing a death rattle and I find myself logging on less and counting days for other releases from other companies.

Nothing is perfect... but it seems they do not even bother to try aiming that high here.

R9 anyone ?
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ye power difference.

Rich players will always needs nubs to pk to have fun.

No nubs = bored rich players = quit

If power difference gets too high or too difficult(If not impossible to get),non rich players get frustrated and leave the game.
    Rich players remain with nothing else to kill than other rich players.
    Eventually everyone will quit at some point,lol.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    People farming the hell out of instances (like tt for instance) isn't a bad thing. The lowering of the prices makes it much more affordable for newer players with crappy gear to afford those things.

And there are other ways to make money. CSing is the best/easiest of course, but there's also merchenting for those willing to learn the market, herb farming, mat farming (for crafting skills), and gambling with packs.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok now try this :

Take off all of what you think are the factors of a game's death and tell me what's left to a MMO. Attribute points ?

Seriously aren't you people tired of complaining ? If you're not happy with stuff, then do something to improve, I don't know, give ideas instead of just sitting here and whine.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seriously aren't you people tired of complaining ? If you're not happy with stuff, then do something to improve, I don't know, give ideas instead of just sitting here and whine.

If ya haven't noticed a lot of us do, there's only a few (minor) things of the thousand good ones suggested, big and small, I've seen implemented.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ever notice how majority of those who thinks the game is dead are PvE carebears?
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ever notice how majority of those who thinks the game is dead are PvE carebears?

game is dead, in both pve and pvp (here a sin, there a sin, everywhere a sin sin)

there now you have another pvp server person.
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    game is dead, in both pve and pvp (here a sin, there a sin, everywhere a sin sin)

there now you have another pvp server person.

sins city... hey a new game idea lol

SIMS
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Hhalb - Sanctuary
    Hhalb - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The statistics that 87-93% of players are brought into the game by F2P players is nonsense and with no actual fact.

Here IS a fact, at least half of the people who put money into the game claim they don't meaning you will never know who is really a F2P player which I can promise that you won't find that many.

Here is another fact, not ever person who puts money into the game is a child or a rich person, one example would be someone I know in a wheelchair as they have been all their life. They can't live their life so they play games, is that so wrong. Another is blind in one eye and half in another. Another person who died a couple years ago had a heart condition which prevented him from doing anything active (could you imagine not being able to have sex?) so he played PWI and WoW. I know a handful of people play this game as a hobby and choose to have fun with the game by putting a bit of money into it unlike another who I know who literally will take a mirage stone the cleric who ressurects him in the instance happens to get and complains about every coin and every teleportation cost.

Finally, fact: a game dies when the game isn't interesting enough to put money into therefor the company goes under if they don't start charging a monthly fee which doesn't work since people didn't like it to begin with.

This game is going and people still put money in therefor the game will never die. A fail playing walks in, pays the game 1000 dollars to max level, he has his "lulz" and leaves after 6-12 months and never returns... just like the circle of life.

Lastly, why don't all you whiners go play that magical perfect game where the company is free and gives you handouts without charging a single penny. It doesn't exist so you flame the forums. It's not like I haven't had my issues with this company in particular but take it from someone who has been around; there isn't a free game that is better. Prove me wrong.

Honestly in the 2.5 years I have played this game I have put 700$ into the game and have never been top of the line or elite, it used to sicken me with how much money I put into the game. But take a game, FF7 for instance. When it came out in 1998 for the pc i payed 45$ for it, I have put about 400 hours into that game total my entire life. How many hours have I put into this game in 2.5 years? Lets say 700$ is well worth the fun and enjoyment. Plus, how can I feel ill when I know many people on my server "coughwontmentionnamescough" who have put 5k+ into the game.

Another fun fact: half of the people who have rank 9 and claim they earned it the hard way are not F2P players, even if they did earn rank 9 specifically through merchanting.
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    SyanaSky - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ..I wish there were more instances that aren't "dailies"..
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    sick of ppl posting the game is dieing, and yet we have 2 more servers that are going to be fill with players. seriously there have been thousands of ppl predicting that pw is dieing, and yet its pretty much alive. if u find urself unhappy, go outside with friends, take a walk in the park, go to a bar, go to a cinema, do something different. just dont play so much. dont quit, play less. playing all day is harmfull for ur health anyway. that goes for alcohol, food and drugs. and yet paying for hobby is not so bad, u have to understand that. if u r used to download pirated offline games, thats a different song. they also cost money which u didnt pay.
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those 2 new servers does not equate to the current state of the game..
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those 2 new servers does not equate to the current state of the game..

what does lunching 2 more servers mean then? (it has to mean something)
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Simply for those who prefer to play in a server of their region..

I been around for 1yr and 2 months and I can tell the difference between now and 1yr ago, as with everyone else, especially those that have been around longer.

The game is going on a slow death.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Simply for those who prefer to play in a server of their region..

I been around for 1yr and 2 months and I can tell the difference between now and 1yr ago, as with everyone else, especially those that have been around longer.

The game is going on a slow death.

so if u been long enough u must have seen same post then, and even earlier.. i have seen them for years. u sayd it urself - ppl deciede to use region server so they are willing to start fresh from lvl 1.. so ppl think it is worth it and for them the game is alive. and it will be for few more years. some quit, new ppl come.. i have seen it alot and i mean ALOT
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Uhm you guys are misunderstanding as usual lol I never said THIS game is dying,I just write how a game dies.

Basically(If you didn't get it),I wrote that a game which doesn't gets any new content(Instances/Gear/Classes/etc),will die.How many of you are tired to do the same things day after day?,its the *new* stuff that keep a game alive.
    This unless(Off course),the new players(Which have never played this game),influx is greater that the existing players's depart.

And for your Info I think that PvP's dead come from PvE's economy **** up.
    If new players can't farm anything(See the games were farming instances are open and not closed,and there is open PK inside),they can't get new stuff and simply are left apart from the real PvP.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Uhm you guys are misunderstanding as usual lol I never said THIS game is dying,I just write how a game dies.

Basically(If you didn't get it),I wrote that a game which doesn't gets any new content(Instances/Gear/Classes/etc),will die.How many of you are tired to do the same things day after day?,its the *new* stuff that keep a game alive.
    This unless(Off course),the new players(Which have never played this game),influx is greater that the existing players's depart.

And for your Info I think that PvP's dead come from PvE's economy **** up.
    If new players can't farm anything(See the games were farming instances are open and not closed,and there is open PK inside),they can't get new stuff and simply are left apart from the real PvP.
    u r not right about that and i can prove it to u just pm me, coz mods will delete my posts. actualy if the comunity is strong game dies hard. no matter that there are no updates.
  • SyanaSky - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

It's not so much that..it's the limitations placed on them.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ive spent money on the game, but not anymore. After reaching 100 and getting decent gear I looked around and realized, there's no reason for it.

The gear I have permits me to have fun when I TW, keeps me alive in the few instances there are for 100+, allows me to grind easily when I need to. Why should I skrimp, save and throw real cash at the game to get R9? It's a real waste of money when I can easily function with what I have.

They've lost the monies I would have spent because they cant keep me interested and challenged. Im trying new games several times a week to find a suitable replacement this one.

As far as this one is concerned, Im done, I won. The only thing left really is to collect a few attribute points and get a few bigger numbers by my name but doing the same few instances for the next 3.5 levels fills me more with dread than expectation.
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will say it simple Waste like $1000 on zen.. Press the magic letter "O" and your wishes to the gm will be listen....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like how you people put so much blame in GMs who only have the power to correct tiny little **** player disputes and sticky places that the teleport skill can't fix.

This game DIED to me sometime in May. I forget the exact date.

Game is dead. It IS dead and reduced to nothing but clique facs, clique friends, fake *** people, and FCC HEADS till 100. Good GOD.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like how you people put so much blame in GMs who only have the power to correct tiny little **** player disputes and sticky places that the teleport skill can't fix.

This game DIED to me sometime in May. I forget the exact date.

Game is dead. It IS dead and reduced to nothing but clique facs, clique friends, fake *** people, and FCC HEADS till 100. Good GOD.

LMAO b:laugh
    Why are you still here then ?
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Because a lot of people (including me) quit the game because the management sucks and only check the forum to either troll or hoping for a quick u-turn.
    Won't happen, but what the hell...

Oh, BTW, the European servers were to get more people from France and Germany to p(l)ay.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, look at WoW. It's keeping the elite players happy, and it's keeping the non-eliete nubs happy. When I played it, I was extremely happy as a nubbie. The low level PVP was absolutely enthralling, like a freaking TW every 10 to 40 minutes, and everyone was just the same as you were in gear and within 4 to 5 levels in actual level. Then there was content, there was fantastic content, and you had a choice on where you could level up and do quests. If you got bored in one area, you could go to another. The maps are HUGE, fantastically so. The open world PVP is way more intense.

Blizzard has a game that will stay alive for a very long time. You would be totally daffed to try to do every quest in that game, there's so many, it's just unthinkable to do them all.

Wanmei is obviously not Blizzard, and obviously isn't thinking anything near in terms of long term playerbase or playability like Blizzard. If they were, then the Gouf bug that has existed since closed beta would have been fixed during open beta, or at least sometime around then, which was 3 ****ing years ago. The world map would be completed by now, and they would be working on a second and possibly third map.

However, they have a minimum effort, high return, cash cow, so... don't get your hopes up. The worst thing is, if people stopped throwing benjies at them, they would just fold up the code and drop it in the round file, instead of doing what Blizzard has done, and make the code better and add in new features to turn it back into a cash cow.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you should fly to one of starting places wait there 24hours and count all the new chars coming in dont do plume because of the clerics who fly to arch to be stalls

i did untamed starting place i counted them as i watched tv and played ps3 it came to about 39 chars just that day chars are coming in so much noobie areas to full to even quest in got to wait till late night to not get ksed alot keep on QQing game is dieing its funnyb:laugh
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool