Reworking Wizard Skills

Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Suggestion Box
As great as the Wizard class is, it is a bit depressing that we only get self-buffs and one useless water buff. Also, the Wizard class does not get a stun until level 59, at the cost of 2 sparks. PWI should replace some less useful spells with buffs and stuns. Being an elementally based damage class, Wizards should be able to help their allies repel and fight with the elements.

Useless Spells:

Crown of Flame: Fire damage over time
Hail Storm: Area-of-effect water damage with a small chance to stop a target.
Frostblade: Add water damage to target for 10 minutes
Emberstorm: Small area-of-effect that drains 60% of the caster's meager HP in order to deal next-to-nothing damage...at close range, no less!

Proposed Spells (I used corny names to make it sound more formal):

Elemental Sentry: Increase fire, water, and earth resistance by 30% to all allies (The time for which the buff lasts increases with level. Channeling time decreases with higher levels).
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
Post edited by Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Mirror Shield: Return 10% of magic damage to the user (Damage percentage and length of time increase with level). (This is essentially the Venomancer

Listless Tide: Slows target’s movement, attack speed, and channeling speed for a short time.

Vulcan Outrage: A fiery explosion envelops the target, inflicting fire damage and stun.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I believe the class you're looking for is Cleric.b:chuckle
    edited July 2009
    I believe the class you're looking for is Cleric.b:chuckle

Uuughh. I hate playing cleric. Anyway, I could at least see myself using these spells. b:thanks
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
    edited July 2009
    The game is already balanced. Wizards get good at endgame. Clerics suck at endgame. Can't be OP all the time.
    edited July 2009
    The game is already balanced. Wizards get good at endgame. Clerics suck at endgame. Can't be OP all the time.

Yes, but I think that we should have SOMETHING to offer as far as buffs go. I'm just trying to get people to start thinking. Also, what's the point of having certain spells if no one uses them?
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
    edited July 2009
    Yes, but I think that we should have SOMETHING to offer as far as buffs go. I'm just trying to get people to start thinking. Also, what's the point of having certain spells if no one uses them?

All classes have some useless skills in their skill trees. Archers, and to a lesser extent, venos, don't have useful buffs either. You can't add all those OP skills to one class of an already balanced game without unbalancing it.
    edited July 2009
    All classes have some useless skills in their skill trees. Archers, and to a lesser extent, venos, don't have useful buffs either. You can't add all those OP skills to one class of an already balanced game without unbalancing it.

Ok, these would over-power wizards, I'll concede to this. But these are only ideas, anyway.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If you dont want me to necro then close it b:cute. This was when were only the 3 MAIN raices (good times b:sad) But now with the damn EG and TB plz consider this skills for our insane dmg class devs.
  • Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Mages endgame are extremely powerfull, their seal sage/demon version have a fast cooldown, the water buff indeed is worthless, but the actual sidedown of the Mage are their cast time, a good Mage only kickass after you spend tons of money with -%cast equips, thing that don't worth from my point of view, cause you can spend less with another character and still be good like the Mage.

PS: spend MUCH less money than the Mage b:thanks
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    No... just... no.

@ the necro and ****. All of the old classes need a skill revamp but that's another thread entirely
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    /inb4block
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi