Gold Cap in Auction Hall?

__Kikyo__ - Lost City
__Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hi GM's you ever ask the devs to put a gold cap in ah?So it doesn't go over 1 mill for one gold.
Price of one gold is 1.4mill+ b:avoid Now i'll just run away because of all the angry people who see this and a gm will never answer.b:bye
Post edited by __Kikyo__ - Lost City on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You can't force someone to sell gold for less than it's worth. Other versions have a low cap and what happens is that noone uses the AH anymore and people just sell boutique items for their worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi GM's you ever ask the devs to put a gold cap in ah?So it doesn't go over 1 mill for one gold.
    Price of one gold is 1.4mill+ b:avoid Now i'll just run away because of all the angry people who see this and a gm will never answer.b:bye

There used to be a cap @ 1m per. At some point they took the cap off. Everyone that isn't in the buying/selling gold business, and isn't a CS'er, generally wants gold to be at a lower, more stable price. However, Perfect World Entertainment controls the sales, and the sales control the demand for gold.

Gold will stay above 1m+ most likely forever.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There used to be a cap @ 1m per. At some point they took the cap off. Everyone that isn't in the buying/selling gold business, and isn't a CS'er, generally wants gold to be at a lower, more stable price. However, Perfect World Entertainment controls the sales, and the sales control the demand for gold.

Gold will stay above 1m+ most likely forever.

indeed long long ago there use to be a 1m cap but when gold started getting close to the cap they removed it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    You can't force someone to sell gold for less than it's worth. Other versions have a low cap and what happens is that noone uses the AH anymore and people just sell boutique items for their worth.

hmmmm But its China they force there people do alot of things they dont wanna do.b:chuckle

i would be happy if 1 mill was the limit : (

thx u for your answers
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hmmmm But its China they force there people do alot of things they dont wanna do.b:chuckle

i would be happy if 1 mill was the limit : (

thx u for your answers

You think you would be happy with a 1m limit but there would already be hundreds of people placing orders at that artificially low limit with almost noone selling.

Buying gold will be impossible for anyone and people would flood the forum with QQ asking them to remove the limit since it makes the AH worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You think you would be happy with a 1m limit but there would already be hundreds of people placing orders at that artificially low limit with almost noone selling.

Buying gold will be impossible for anyone and people would flood the forum with QQ asking them to remove the limit since it makes the AH worthless.

Cap on gold also mean setting stable price of CS item in coins instead of gold.

So, if some item cost 1 gold now, then after this (impossible) change, item will cost 1 m coins, for example.

No one ever will do this. CS items can be bought for gold only.

If CS user will not be able to sell gold for proper price, he will sell CS items for his own price instead.

P.S.
    Here is better story in same manner (like capping gold):
    As Pinocchio heads home to give the coins to his father, he meets a fox (who pretends to be lame) and a cat (who pretends to be blind) on the side of the road. They tell him that if he plants his coins in the Field of Miracles, outside the city of Catchfools, then they will grow into a tree with a thousand gold coins...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would in no way advise it...

But making every single thing in the boutique bound would make a solid 1mill gold cap work perfectly.

However this would inconvenience a lot of people and would essentially ruin the idea of merchanting, even on a small scale.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    I see what you mean.b:thanks.Maybe you can use these disney tactics on the dev's lol.
    because i now see gold in a whole new way.b:chuckle
  • LadySam - Heavens Tear
    LadySam - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don`t froget that there`s gold cap in J dynasty and it works fine b:cute
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don`t froget that there`s gold cap in J dynasty and it works fine b:cute

From this source:
    on my server, i see jaden priced at 999g 99s, and people are still buying it as fast as it was at any price

so can we please extend the cap,its obvious people are able to afford the price of jaden now, so those of us that spend our money should be able to make more

EDIT: Decided to add a poll to see what numbers come up
    only thing u are forgetting bro is if jaden gold cap raises to 1.5k after 1 year people will ask to raise again to 2k and it will continue without stoping..its an endless cycle..:(
    While I do agree there are a few good gold sinks in the game that actually benifit your character. I do believe the biggest issue is more related around the simple and pure fact that folks are able to bot more then 2 characters at a time with no reprecussions. If they would simpley do something about that issue alone the rest would resolve itself.

Also looking at the poll numbers it is clearly obvious that the health of the free playing folks is doing well, and the health of the folks buying jaden is kind of small.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Gold cap can be worked around. i have seen it done. ppl just sell zen outside of AH. how that works? ppl showt: i buy zen at 1,5 mil. ppl with zen pm them: what u want from the botique? and here is the trade. ppl with zen buy for those with ingame coins. its not a glitch, its free marked outside of AH. on thead solution but other hand comes the 'bound' option. its not a bad idea. but it will remobe all cs items from the catshops. and i dont believe this will be happening at all.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ima dance with the devil here cuz its never gonna happen:b:cry soory kikzioBR
    New Grand opening Gold Cap 1mil PWi supplys an infinite amount off gold at 1mil.
    This also will be know as the best coin sink in PWi history as cash shoppers cant sell gold higher then 1mil each (BTW we nerfed best luck token chance to 0.01% so you dont gain money har) have fun playing this cool and better game
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i would be happy if they would at least try it out and set this f.u.c. k.ing goldcap

im sure it WOULD bring something
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    However, Perfect World Entertainment controls the sales, and the sales control the demand for gold.
    Er, no, not quite. Demand controls the demand for gold -- PW doesn't control players charging zen and buying gold via coins vicariously through sales. As you've seen proven with gem packs, sales do not control demand whatsoever. To believe this is to believe that the people buying have no freedom to choose what they want, an obvious logic flaw since it's proven untrue.

It's the other way around. Demand dictates what sales PW has. High player demand and a huge supply of coins on the market is what drives the price of gold up, as well as cash shoppers charging zen. If PWE doesn't cater to player demand then they don't like money and as far as their shareholder equity and stock value goes, it's a horrible choice.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    gold cap would be a disaster, it would be impossible to buy cash shop currency with in game currency, which is one feature that actually lifts this game above most cash shop based games, where you actually need to pay real money for cash shop items, no way around it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    i would be happy if they would at least try it out and set this f.u.c. k.ing goldcap

im sure it WOULD bring something

it has been tryed, it doesnt work i have seen it with my own eyes. check my post above
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    people wil not sell gold for 1million or lower they will prefer to buy stuff from the boutique get lucky... and sell in high price..... I remember when Neon fusion was at 20million now is 60million WTF....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    exactly!
    actualy the return of gold reward from TW was the biugest mistake that will ruin the economy and raise the inflation. the mirages or what ever item reward is there is much better. now only the 2 biggest guilds will have tw funds money every week and the inflation will raise no matter what sales are on CS.
    remove tw coins and we be back to normal. little guilds dont benefit from them anyway.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    exactly!
    actualy the return of gold reward from TW was the biugest mistake that will ruin the economy and raise the inflation. the mirages or what ever item reward is there is much better. now only the 2 biggest guilds will have tw funds money every week and the inflation will raise no matter what sales are on CS.
    remove tw coins and we be back to normal. little guilds dont benefit from them anyway.

A few things:
    1. Cross-checking the TW pay change period with the sales in those periods and the gold prices should yield funny results. Hint: It's not going to be TW Pay = High gold.
    2. TW factions don't have the highest buying power. You have to remember that a highly successful TW faction usually has 150-200 members. That's a lot to split between, especially if you account for TW bidding and charm costs. It's actually a few highly successful merchants per server that have the highest buying power. People who measure their coinage in either hundreds of millions or billions.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited July 2011
    exactly!

TobL being traded for 10 mill big notes is by far and away the largest coin infusion in the game, not the few dozen from territories
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    A few things:
    1. Cross-checking the TW pay change period with the sales in those periods and the gold prices should yield funny results. Hint: It's not going to be TW Pay = High gold.
    2. TW factions don't have the highest buying power. You have to remember that a highly successful TW faction usually has 150-200 members. That's a lot to split between, especially if you account for TW bidding and charm costs. It's actually a few highly successful merchants per server that have the highest buying power. People who measure their coinage in either hundreds of millions or billions.

the more they get the more they spend, coin sinks arent working eficently when there are so much coins floating around. tw is like a big money printing mashine. the base is 1 $ in this game, and the more coins there are around, the more expensive the base gets. this means that the value of 1$ changes with an arrow pointing up. check "mudflation" in wikipedia
    when i say that i have seen this, believe me, i did.i have seen it on another server.
    edited July 2011
    500 mill is not a whole lot.. its an extra 400 or so gold in the ah at most, its not game breaking

during a 2 week pack sale, your looking at 10-15 billion coins at the minimum being injected into the economy
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    500 mill is not a whole lot.. its an extra 400 or so gold in the ah at most, its not game breaking

during a 2 week pack sale, your looking at 10-15 billion coins at the minimum being injected into the economy

^^ this.

On topic: A gold cap will not work simply because there are too many ways to work around it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    ^^ this.

On topic: A gold cap will not work simply because there are too many ways to work around it.
    1+
    sorry got off topic,
    that was my opinion from the start:)
    edited July 2011
    yup

you would still pay the same price, it would just be a much bigger pain
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Not going to happen, a cap will only cause people to not sell gold in AH and instead use normal market (world chat?) to sell boutique stuff.

I'm pretty sure it will work the opposite way, a cap will make everything gold related, much more expensive, at least in AH gold price must be competitive, if you go there and try to sell gold for 5M it won't work because there are people selling it for 1.4-1.6M, but without AH the reference price of gold will be lost and people will try to sell everything for more, as result the price of boutique-related items will change wildly usually ending in everything being more expensive.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    at least in AH gold price must be competitive, if you go there and try to sell gold for 5M it won't work because there are people selling it for 1.4-1.6M, but without AH the reference price of gold will be lost

quite possibly, as well as we'd lose one (minor, but still) coin sink.

take a look at the gold market some time; just spend a while, a minute or two every now and then throughout the day, watching the buy bids and try to get a feel for how many coins get exchanged for gold in the filled buy bids. now, think of two percent of that coin sum just disappearing from the server over that time period. it's not much in the big scheme of things, but it's got to be tens of millions of coins a day if not more. take away the incentive for people to use the AH for gold trading, and those coins stay in the economy to cause more inflation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Make all cash shop items bound (I wouldn't really like this myself since I buy my cash shop stuff from catshops and the AH ) and increase the coin fee in the AH. Forced coin sinks are the only ones that are going to work at this point.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Make all cash shop items bound (I wouldn't really like this myself since I buy my cash shop stuff from catshops and the AH ) and increase the coin fee in the AH. Forced coin sinks are the only ones that are going to work at this point.
    This dramatically increases the black market for gold. The main reason for the system of gold trade we have is implemented to begin with is to severely deter this type of black market. The fee increase I can understand but gold isn't really the problem per se -- as it's been iterated countless times, it's the notes, so placing a higher fee increase isn't going to really be much of a sink or a solution in the sense of helping solve a problem. However, I see this as a pointless endeavour anyways since you and I likely care more about it than the people who run the game.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    remove 10m big bank notes as something you can get with ptobl then remove the coin reward from chest of coins, this should help with the flood of incoming coin

next take the coin cost from lunar and put it on nirvana, plus add perfect iron hammers to NPC shops for 500k each (removing them from cash shop since i really doubt anyone buys them) as well as adding bronze and maybe silver charms to NPC as well since again i dont think anyone would dare waste money buying them

the fee on nirvana would get removed maybe is 7 months to a year to suck a massive amount of coin out of the game, and i say remove the cost from lunar cause you get sent in there for bhs and a quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]