Duel Axe/Hammer Build?

prestonmaxwell
prestonmaxwell Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Blademaster
Hello, I know there are other posts but its late and i'm tired of looking. So here it is.
I am looking for a Duel Axe/Hammer build preferably PvE.
As in, which stats should i assign each level?

Thanks, for future help?

b:bye
Post edited by prestonmaxwell on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Pure axe build is like 6 str 1 dex 3 vit . It gives a buttload of HP (u can tank with it) Bit cripples ur dmg (unless u refine like mad and have axes with Sacrificial Strikr = double dmg).

one of my friends did 6 str 2 dex 2 vit (he was Axe / Spear hybrid) and did just fine. but i dont know much else .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It gives a buttload of HP (u can tank with it) Bit cripples ur dmg

Its pretty much the lowest DD output build in the game and you would never have aggro so you'd never tank. That's a good TW build for stun & run, but for PvE axe only is worthless.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Its pretty much the lowest DD output build in the game and you would never have aggro so you'd never tank. That's a good TW build for stun & run, but for PvE axe only is worthless.

I dont know , i have seen pure axe BMs tank with it , but they had respectuf gear.i do understand that Pure Axe BMs wont keep aggro from Fast DPS classes ,but hey not even barbs can.

i think its a good build for FF pulls too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dont know , i have seen pure axe BMs tank with it , but they had respectuf gear.i do understand that Pure Axe BMs wont keep aggro from Fast DPS classes ,but hey not even barbs can.

i think its a good build for FF pulls too.

Hey you know what else follows a 6 1 3 build aand is great for fcc pulls? Barbs.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • prestonmaxwell
    prestonmaxwell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ok, so should i add 3 str 1 vit 1 dex? or 6 str 1 dex 3 vit? and if 2nd choice what should i add each level? 3 str 1 dex 1 vit even and 3 str 2 vit odd???? or vise versa? b:thanks
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Add the dex on odd levels if you are actually going to use that build but know its a useless build except for TW as a stun monkey.

An axe only BM is kind of like 1/3 of an actual BM. You miss out on being able to use about half your skill and combo effectively. Even though endgame you end up with about 1k more hp you really diminish your survivability because things take 10 times longer to kill, you can't chain skills, you can't build chi effectively...

The recommended build for BMs is 3 str/2 dex. That is the tanking build. If you feel you would be too squishy then try 2 str, 2 dex, 1 vit and use lower level axes. Endgame you'll just want to pay to restat out that vitality anyways.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have enough dex for Deicides and str for 99 axes. Sitting at 100+ vit. Gear matters a lot too.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You need aps to be able to farm in pve and for that you use fists and axes. If you have enough str and dex you also can have all weapon categories when being 90+/endgame. Some bms tho are using axes only. They put points in vit instead of dex and they can only use lower level fists, swords.