Totaly new to the game (help) :)

Options
falwynmao
falwynmao Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Blademaster
Hello guys!
I been reading serval guides here on the forum and i find it very confusing and missleading.
Im struggeling to find some usefull straight forward guide how to put out my stats on my blademaster. I dont understand most of the guides , all shortcuts ? BM STR etc just makes my confused.
I would like to get some help right here :))

Im currently lvl 9 blademaster and spent 3 points on Str and 2 on Dex each lvl. Im having dual hammers right now, Any hint whats might be the best choise of weapon/builds etc.

All help are welcome!

/Yours Eskill
Post edited by falwynmao on

Comments

• Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    3 str/2 dex per lvl is what most bm's actually are.

All class BM's are being the most commonly moving around but they mainly use axes and fist/claws at higher lvls.

But now you can go with 2 vit/2str/1dex per lvl and you will be a fine tank.

Considering the gear, i suggest you to get reputation as much as possible. At higher levels there will be nice and cheap gears available for you.

Altough, make sure to have decent HP in every 10 lvls you get.

Its like..good HP for BM is;

Lvl 70>4-5k hp unbuffed.
    Lvl 80>4.5-6k
    Lvl 90>6-8k
    Lvl 100>8k+

Depending on your built, but thats how a decent BM should look like in the lvls.

Its all up to you how you stat your points, but if you get good HP gear (with high refines etc) makes you not need vit at all.

If you want to be a good tank, then go axe/fist and either sage or demon. since they can do both, take out groups and tank bosses. Yeah, people like high HP bm's over barbs to be honest. Cause if we can take damage and deal decent damage at the same time, we win.

Pointing out one important thing. To make your tanking easier, make sure to get magic resistance neck/belt and with good stats (str or vit at most case).

Axes, well...you just need to use dual axes and make sure to keep all your skills maxed wich you use most, especially aoe's.

Ill give you some links where you can sort in and have some closer look on all the skills/gear you need before going any further.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Main_Page
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php
    http://pwcalc.com/
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Welcome to pwi. I'm gonna add my guide:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=766822&highlight=pure+Blademaster

as its one of the few guides meant for the 3str/2dex build and is a bit more current than the others. It's also a meta guide... which means its giant and covers just about everything. Zaradon had good advice, too.

I'll cover a few of the basics to get you started. The idea behind the 3/2 build is that you need 3 strength and .5 dex to use axes per level or 1.5 str and 2 dex per level to use fists. If you use 3 str and 2 dex you can use both, and all the weapons in between. Heavy armor (HA), which BMs use is 2.5 str and .5 dex levels so statting this way helps. You'll get a few +strength and + dex adds on your gear but its somewhat unreliable and takes planning. If you can afford a tome that gives 4 strength and 3 vitality you know you will be covered with an extra 4 strength points so you can then afford to stat 4 points into vitality.

The best weapons you'll get in the first 30 levels are going to be axe weapons. At level 29, when you finish a quest line called "spiritual cultivation" you'll earn your first spark. Everytime you use a skill or attack you earn 3-10 chi. When you have 100 chi it becomes a spark. You can use sparks for special attacks. At this point the faster attack of fists becomes useful.

If you look at your weapon you can see it lists your attack rate. Attack rate is how many times you attack per second (aps). Axes are .83 or .91 and fists are 1.43. Later on you'll learn about -int which stand for minus interval between attacks (attacking faster). The game is kind of broken so that if you get many -int pieces your attack rate and damage becomes astronimical so its the goal of most BMs.

A BMs job is mostly crowd control. We have heavy armor but lower hp than a barb, but we have magic marrows allowing us to specialize in taking magic or physical damage for 30 seconds. We can tank if needed or we can grab a few mobs to assist. We have an area of effect (aoe) stun that stops all the mobs in an area around us from attacking, usually long enough to kill them. We also have an axe skill called Heaven's Flame that amplifies damage (100% at level 10) that makes us invaluable because it means you double everyones damage for 6 seconds.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Welcome to pwi. I'm gonna add my guide:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=766822&highlight=pure+Blademaster

as its one of the few guides meant for the 3str/2dex build and is a bit more current than the others. It's also a meta guide... which means its giant and covers just about everything. Zaradon had good advice, too.

I'll cover a few of the basics to get you started. The idea behind the 3/2 build is that you need 3 strength and .5 dex to use axes per level or 1.5 str and 2 dex per level to use fists. If you use 3 str and 2 dex you can use both, and all the weapons in between. Heavy armor (HA), which BMs use is 2.5 str and .5 dex levels so statting this way helps. You'll get a few +strength and + dex adds on your gear but its somewhat unreliable and takes planning. If you can afford a tome that gives 4 strength and 3 vitality you know you will be covered with an extra 4 strength points so you can then afford to stat 4 points into vitality.

The best weapons you'll get in the first 30 levels are going to be axe weapons. At level 29, when you finish a quest line called "spiritual cultivation" you'll earn your first spark. Everytime you use a skill or attack you earn 3-10 chi. When you have 100 chi it becomes a spark. You can use sparks for special attacks. At this point the faster attack of fists becomes useful.

If you look at your weapon you can see it lists your attack rate. Attack rate is how many times you attack per second (aps). Axes are .83 or .91 and fists are 1.43. Later on you'll learn about -int which stand for minus interval between attacks (attacking faster). The game is kind of broken so that if you get many -int pieces your attack rate and damage becomes astronimical so its the goal of most BMs.

A BMs job is mostly crowd control. We have heavy armor but lower hp than a barb, but we have magic marrows allowing us to specialize in taking magic or physical damage for 30 seconds. We can tank if needed or we can grab a few mobs to assist. We have an area of effect (aoe) stun that stops all the mobs in an area around us from attacking, usually long enough to kill them. We also have an axe skill called Heaven's Flame that amplifies damage (100% at level 10) that makes us invaluable because it means you double everyones damage for 6 seconds.

Fb 19 spear > than stash weapons for grinding
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ow - Dreamweaver
    Ow - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But now you can go with 2 vit/2str/1dex per lvl and you will be a fine tank.

Won't work. You need at least 5 str per two levels for Heavy armor. So you could do 2 vit/2str/1dex on even levels and 1 vit/3str/1dex odd levels. Nobody uses a tanking axe build anymore anyway...