Char for TW, advice needed

_Nettuno_ - Harshlands
_Nettuno_ - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I would like to know the best between psychic, wizard and mystic in territory wars, and why. I don't care about the other gameplay, i would just focus on TW (the the rest i have the sin, as you can see).

I don't want to be rude and i will not, but please i'm looking for an experience shared, so u you should know what you are talking about (no offence but i don't think that a lvl 40 can know this just because has checked the skills in ecatomb). I'm looking for a "first person" expereince (would be great hear what a psychic/wizard or mystic has to say).

Thanks

Little edit: gear will not be more than r8 :-P
Post edited by _Nettuno_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Make an archer same account as your sin and stash his interval gear to it.

Save a lot of money b:cute
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Make an archer same account as your sin and stash his interval gear to it.

Save a lot of money b:cute

Was thinking about it, but the new char will be on another account (so i'll not be abe to use account stash) and that's why i choosed a magical class, A LOT CHEAPER than an interval char.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I personally would make you choose wizard or psychic just because their AoEs are pretty killer.

High refined psy = hard to kill through voodoo/silenced
    Also, many movement debuffs (freeze, stun, acc decrease, slow, bleed and all aoes)
    High refined Wizard = one shot heavies and arcanes with BT
    Able to stop people in their tracks with pwn methods, just need channel gear if they're OP

Mystic is more of a support class in tw, due to their one aoe that doesn't require spark wh0ring. Mystics falling petals = good pre ironheart on any class and the Resurrection helps clerics and barbs get the cata even further.

Really depends on how much you wanna kill asap vs support then attack when your ready b:laugh

Oh yeah i have all classes leveled decently
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well i cant tell about Wiz or Psy, just what I know is that Wiz and Psy are good AOE DD but cant play as support, Mystics can DD and support (more versitale), so in TW you can either attack or defend. If you want just to attack I will suggest Psy tho, they have really strong DD and good defence against melee.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Well i cant tell about Wiz or Psy, just what I know is that Wiz and Psy are good AOE DD but cant play as support, Mystics can DD and support (more versitale), so in TW you can either attack or defend. If you want just to attack I will suggest Psy tho, they have really strong DD and good defence against melee.

We can play as support, just not as well b:surrender
    I'm sure any barb would like empowered vigor
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have experience TWing as a wizard and psychic, and I've fought Mystics, so lemme see if I can help.

Psychics are a pestering class (compared to wizards at least). Your aoes will do some pretty good damage, and with glacial shards and earth vector you'll be able to hold entire squads down in place.
    Also, because it's group pvp and harder to get noticed, you'll be able to occasionally get away with black voodoo.
    Psychic is very fun to play not only because you can hold down tons of people, but also for the simple things, like using soulburn on a cleric that's trying to heal the cata barb. Just watch and laugh as the cleric kills themselves b:chuckle

Wizards are my personal favorite. As a sage wizard (which you should be if you plan to TW), you can gain chi like crazy between master li tech, cloud eruption, and skills like pyrogram. With all that chi you can drop ultimates like crazy. Take a look in the wizards forums and try to find some screenies of sage BIDS in action. You can easily see how much of a difference a single wizard makes in a TW when they can wipe out entire squads in seconds.
    It should also be noted that the wizards biggest weakness, their squishiness, is made up for in TW because of the sheer number of other people. Also, because of our phys self buff, we can usually tank a sin gank long enough for somebody to hit the sin with a stun move.
    And besides dropping ultimates on crowds of people, another major responsibility of wizards is cata barb killing. Ofc every DD class should help do this, but nothing quite hurts a cata barb like an undined sutra combo.

So for the choice between wizard and psy, you should ask yourself- are you more interested in the versatility of the psy, and it's ability to hold down large groups of people (and ofc killing some too, psy may not be wizzies but they still hit hard)? Or do you want to outright kill entire squads of people and be instrumental in cata barb killing?

As for mystics...
    Pretty good damage. Their pets are nice. You can keep your squad rez buffed. You can also act as an impromptu cleric. But I wouldn't say it's a great TW class. Compared to wizards and psys, their aoes are lacking, and you have almost no control moves. And despite being able to heal themselves, they're much more squishy than a psy in white voodoo or a wiz with stone barrier.

No first hand experience as a mystic so i could be wrong. Just stating what I've observed.
    edited July 2011

As for mystics...
    Pretty good damage. Their pets are nice. You can keep your squad rez buffed. You can also act as an impromptu cleric. But I wouldn't say it's a great TW class. Compared to wizards and psys, their aoes are lacking, and you have almost no control moves. And despite being able to heal themselves, they're much more squishy than a psy in white voodoo or a wiz with stone barrier.

No first hand experience as a mystic so i could be wrong. Just stating what I've observed.

Well, yes we are squish but just the same as any other AA class. We do have a P. Def buff too tho...and more than just p.def buff, we have petals, self heal, squad heal, plants heals, Sally shield (buff and leech that absorb 4000 dmg and 4500 petals status), plant debuffs all that just for defenses. as far AOE att. we have: thicket, Gale force, Craiglord, Mistress, Sting(lysing). I dont understand what you talking about no control moves b:shocked....anyway... I love TW with Mystic, I had a demon wizzy before and did not enjoy too much TWs for the lack of chi and squishness. b:thanks

Not to mention that Mystics have the best skill againts R9 psy, AS (ignore defence lvls) b:victory
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Not to mention that Mystics have the best skill againts R9 psy, AS (ignore defence lvls) b:victory

Thanks all feedbacks, right now i'm oriented to a sage wizard, but not still sure, so keep on write :-D

I don't see the effect in absorb soul (AS should be that) in ecatomb, can you explain better please? :-)
    edited July 2011
    Absorb Soul is a very unique skill in the game, is very hard to understand all the effects and dmg, but here is a link of other threads about this skill :http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1018921&highlight=Absorb+Soul

is the best skill agains R9 def levels, especially against Psys/Archers
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Absorb soul is...possibly the most evil skill next to soulburn, telestun, and sage BIDS, I swear. When a target has Nature's Vengeance debuff on, Absorb Soul does double damage. It bypasses defense levels, and...I just got ninja'd. Luckily it doesn't crit. I'm just saying.

Anyways, I played a demon wizard and I play a sage psychic in TW. I liked TW as a wizard, but I enjoy my psy more.

-As a sage psy, I have a lot of chi to go around. And while there isn't a super strong ulti like a wizzie, they do something really nasty to the target (stun or bleed, take your pick--I personally press the stun before I press Red Tide). The wiz can kill with their ultis, but the psy has speed to make up for it.

-We have white voodoo, which kills your ability to kill. BUT, especially a rank 9 psychic with all them defense levels (and attack levels to make it so you can go white voodoo AND kill), they ain't killing you either. We also have this lovely thing called Psychic Will. 8-second physical immunity. Think Expel without the seal.

-Psys can support a squad. Part of why I went sage was because of bubble of life, which is an aoe purify. It doesn't shine a lot in TW as sometimes the squad is split, but let's say a BM goes and hf's the squad. If the psy's not dead, pop a bubble, save a barb's life (if you're a cata support psy). There's empowered vigor as well.

I've only TW'd once with my mystic, when she was like level 6x-7x. It's something I'd need practice on before I say yay or nay to TWing as a mystic.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Absorb soul is...possibly the most evil skill next to soulburn, telestun, and sage BIDS, I swear. When a target has Nature's Vengeance debuff on, Absorb Soul does double damage. It bypasses defense levels, and...I just got ninja'd. Luckily it doesn't crit. I'm just saying.

Anyways, I played a demon wizard and I play a sage psychic in TW. I liked TW as a wizard, but I enjoy my psy more.

-As a sage psy, I have a lot of chi to go around. And while there isn't a super strong ulti like a wizzie, they do something really nasty to the target (stun or bleed, take your pick--I personally press the stun before I press Red Tide). The wiz can kill with their ultis, but the psy has speed to make up for it.

100 psy skill is close to equivalent of a wizzie ulti. Ijs

-We have white voodoo, which kills your ability to kill. BUT, especially a rank 9 psychic with all them defense levels (and attack levels to make it so you can go white voodoo AND kill), they ain't killing you either. We also have this lovely thing called Psychic Will. 8-second physical immunity. Think Expel without the seal.

Also that expel cast while using sage bubble i recall it purifies the seal and you keep immune.

-Psys can support a squad. Part of why I went sage was because of bubble of life, which is an aoe purify. It doesn't shine a lot in TW as sometimes the squad is split, but let's say a BM goes and hf's the squad. If the psy's not dead, pop a bubble, save a barb's life (if you're a cata support psy). There's empowered vigor as well.

yes +1b:victory

I've only TW'd once with my mystic, when she was like level 6x-7x. It's something I'd need practice on before I say yay or nay to TWing as a mystic.

All in all this is what a psy does and I hope everyone agrees with youb:chuckle
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I love pvp on my r8 psy. Sage bubble + expel and psy will means you can basically stay in black voodoo. It's like using my bm only I can attack from long range and was like 1/10th the cost or better. More survivable too since my bm is a prime target whereas the psy is more discreet.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I say a psy,

Despite common belief that their damage doesn't really compare to a wizard, I think it is just as good. And you get some pretty bloody awesome skills all of them very quick casting. AoE stun, aoe immobilise, emp vigor, black and white voodoo, red tide awesome bleed, aoe slow...

And, bvoodoo + bubble o life + expel + kill some people + psy will + kill some more = a lot of deqd people. If you also have the money to go high refines, soul of silence is amazing.
  • O_O - Lothranis
    O_O - Lothranis Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Go with archer. They're fun to use not just TW but in PVE as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    All in all this is what a psy does and I hope everyone agrees with youb:chuckle

Thanks for reminding me of the psy 100 skill. I've seen it do some pretty nasty damage. I personally can't afford it yet so...qq.

And what T_i_m says is true; a psy is a bit more discreet with stuns and all because they're ranged. I lasted as long as I did in the tourney on my psy (against +10 weapons vs a +5 and barely 5k hp) because I was just beating stuff up from afar. Stuns, freezes, bleeds...they were all there before they noticed wth was hitting them.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psy. Hands down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Psy. Hands down.

because were awesome
  • mksqa1xy
    mksqa1xy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Love this game
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Being a 95 Psychic of sound pixel mind and purple fishy body....

Psychics are the "I'mma spam AoE's and annoy the **** out of everybody" job in TW. They're usually right next to Wizards and Archers throwing pew pews at BMs and enemy catas. They're extremely helpful due to the status effects that they can throw, mostly accuracy debuffs, freezes, slows, and stuns if you use Earth Vector.

IF you're going to be a Psychic, R8 is "okay". (Nirvana Second Recast is better, but who works for gear anymore?[/rant]) You want to get as high a refine as possible so when people DO hit you, they either stunlock themselves for a crazy long time, or they can possibly oneshot themselves. (Which is fun to do, imo.)

Level up Glacial Shards. You're going to need it for BM's who are charging up lanes trying to stunlock your meatshields. Level up Earth Vector. That stun is your friend. Get Crystal Light...but that's kind of obvious. You will never see a serious Psychic without Crystal Light.

You want a balance of survivability and damage (not matter WHAT the haters say, you can't DD on your enemies if you're DEAD) my Psychic has 101 VIT with her gear on, and she's only in TT90 Green. (And usually I am not charmed. Dat's how I roll y'all.) You should aim for mostly garnet shards, but keep in mind that your HP can't suck or else you'll just be a oneshot for every archer out there.

Aim for squishy things. Assassins. Archers. Blademasters. Barbarians. Seekers. You generally want to avoid Seekers and Archers, due to the fact that they can get through your Psychic Will (Physical Immunity) at a distance with their elemental attacks (which STILL really hurt even if you are a magic class), something you can avoid with other classes (with BM's you can just kite them). Beware of Gemini Slash on Seekers, because it will put a serious dent in your defenses, and if you're in Black Voodoo when this happens, expect to die very, very quickly.

In a nutshell, just level your AoEs, refine your gear, get decent HP/Defenses, and you're golden.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    <-- Sugests trying a fish
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everyone for the reaply...now i really don't know what to choose...maybe this can help, i'll post my idea of gear (for sure will not be more than this):

r8 chest,legs and weapon. refine not higher than +7/+8

wraithgate -6% chann cape or cape of elite leather (if psy)

OHT -6% (if not more,but don't think) necklace

OHT -6% belt

warsoul of heaven (for the -3% chann)

OHT 3* wristguard, something whit -6% chann and phy defence bonus

don't know about boots

tome,probably the one that add 1% crit

r8 ring and attendance ring or lunar ring (for -6% chann and crit)

In this way i should have a good (indeed not the best) gear and -45%/ -39% chann

So, looking at this gear, would be better a sage wiz or a sage psy? (always TW wise,i just care about that)
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    If you wanna get more channel wiz is your char and psychics are better off with phy orns and stuff because there's no stone barrier. And with enough refines psychics are beasts with soul skills :D
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    If you wanna get more channel wiz is your char and psychics are better off with phy orns and stuff because there's no stone barrier. And with enough refines psychics are beasts with soul skills :D

phy orns like cube necklace and warsong belt? i wish but are really too expensive...
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It all comes to down to preference. In my experience a rank 9 psychic is far superior to a rank 9 wizard simply because psychics can spam AOEs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    phy orns like cube necklace and warsong belt? i wish but are really too expensive...

You don't have to go overpowered if you don't want to, a sky demons and decent belt will suffice
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If u dont wanna go cube+warsong, then I would recommend TT90 gold. They are realtivly cheap if u wanna just pure cash it or you could easily farm 2-2 for the gold mat(Touch of the Seven Luminaries). Necklace gots the +5% hp, phys dmg reduction, and +p.def(i think its +91) though Sky Demon's Pearl will do just as good if you wanna go the cheapest way. Belt as i said could go TT90 gold but I would defiently advise you to work for warsong simply cause its the best p.def belt for the psy...atleast to my knowledge.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Ok,took some time to try the chars (even if low levels) i choosed psy as magical class (for some reasons i like it more than wiz/mystic). Now got another problem: checking the seeker section i found some videos about pvp and look pretty nice, the damage it's high (almost as a magical class, but whit lower cooldown), able to oneshot whit a good crit.

Now, what is better between psy and seeker for TW? (and maybe other events, but are not really important).

As said i'll use medium/high gear (like r8 and some nice ornaments), because this char will be made on an EU server and i DON'T want to start farm/merchant again for the gear, i want something easy just to ENJOY TW/events.

Seeker, as heavy armor whit more hp, should survive more and maybe be more welcome in GV, zhenning and fc squads for make money/lvling faster. The psy look pretty good, but people said that r8 it's absolutly not enough...it need r9...

Please give me your opinion
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everyone for the reaply...now i really don't know what to choose...maybe this can help, i'll post my idea of gear (for sure will not be more than this):

r8 chest,legs and weapon. refine not higher than +7/+8

wraithgate -6% chann cape or cape of elite leather (if psy)

OHT -6% (if not more,but don't think) necklace

OHT -6% belt

warsoul of heaven (for the -3% chann)

OHT 3* wristguard, something whit -6% chann and phy defence bonus

don't know about boots

tome,probably the one that add 1% crit

r8 ring and attendance ring or lunar ring (for -6% chann and crit)

In this way i should have a good (indeed not the best) gear and -45%/ -39% chann

So, looking at this gear, would be better a sage wiz or a sage psy? (always TW wise,i just care about that)

Your making a BIG mistake here.
    As an arcane, you need that phys defence from your ornaments to keep you alive. The extra 12% doesn't make that much of a difference to justify having no defence against sins,BMs, archers (archers will be your main enemy as wiz, and I think the same goes for psy's).

As a wizard, your job is to 1shot people. Channeling won't help with that (ofcourse a little bit is good, so rank8 top, 2 rings, TT99 sleeves. But if you get more, you'll suffer. ALOT). As for psy's, they have such low channeling (and high casts), that you'll hardly notice the extra channeling gear.
    Hell you don't even need the channeling on the sleeves. Personally I have gold OHT sleeves with phys def and 16 vit. (and 3star OHT boots with 2x phys def and 7 vit)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Your making a BIG mistake here.
    As an arcane, you need that phys defence from your ornaments to keep you alive. The extra 12% doesn't make that much of a difference to justify having no defence against sins,BMs, archers (archers will be your main enemy as wiz, and I think the same goes for psy's).

As a wizard, your job is to 1shot people. Channeling won't help with that (ofcourse a little bit is good, so rank8 top, 2 rings, TT99 sleeves. But if you get more, you'll suffer. ALOT). As for psy's, they have such low channeling (and high casts), that you'll hardly notice the extra channeling gear.
    Hell you don't even need the channeling on the sleeves. Personally I have gold OHT sleeves with phys def and 16 vit. (and 3star OHT boots with 2x phys def and 7 vit)

So in the end ornaments should be all phy def. sorry never been in a TW cause the timezone :)
    what can you tell me about the seeker (from what u seen), are they good in TW?