r9 or vana for cleric

Kairu_ - Sanctuary
Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
so as the question asks which would be better

before you answer all r9's without a 2nd thought read my reasoning for actually asking.

1. r9 requires rank sale or it's pricy as ***. and because no more medals in dq rewards their prices went up too

2. vana is account bound just as r9, but it's not class bound. so my wizzy/psy could use it later

3. on the other hand r9 is just plain godly lol. with the atk/def lvls and such.
Post edited by Kairu_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well this is a very subjective topic. First you've got to decide what you want to use your cleric for. And is your cleric your main?

I myself went for full R9, but my cleric is my main character. I have a wizzie and a planned mystic in the making, but if I were to TW, I would use my cleric. If I were to PK, I would use my cleric. And comparing just the armor sets alone, R9 > 2nd cast Nirvana. R9 was therefore my choice.

If however your cleric is just one of your many alts, then I would go nirvana, for then your other magic classes will already be covered.

Cost-wise, I wouldn't say that 2nd cast nirvana is -that- much cheaper than R9, when you take into account the possibility of getting 2 sockets and having to socket each piece; or if you get 4 sockets on the first cast and have to use chienkungs to transfer the sockets. Not to mention the amount of times you might have to reforge for decent add ons. R9 is guaranteed 4 sockets and guaranteed good add ons. Nirvana isn't.

Tl; dr: if your cleric is your main and you see yourself doing TW and PK on it, go R9. If it's just an alt, go Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    my cleric is by far my main. the only other concern I'd have is

350m currently on sanc for r9 ring.

the 164m for each armor piece i could deal with if it was that alone.

774m wep i won't get for ****** ever lol. if gold was 500k still like it was 2-3 months back and it was 60m per r9 armor piece and about 120-140m for the ring then i'd be r9 without a 2nd thought. but 1.4m gold price is ridiculous. tbh that alone may keep me from r9, and just stick with pumping the hell out of my r8/TT99 750k gold i would be able to deal with too but over 1m is WAY out there.
  • Kurushimii - Sanctuary
    Kurushimii - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    vana is account bound just as r9, but it's not class bound. so my wizzy/psy could use it later

Lunar Nirvana isn't account bound, unless you bound it yourself . R9 Armor is cheaper than Nirvana 2nd Cast and guaranty 4 sockets .
  • ChubbyKyros - Lost City
    ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    IMO, Rank 9 is good in terms of stats...
    like above stated, if your cleric is your main go rank 9.
    If we would to just compare the weapons Cleric could use. Apparently Rank 8/9 would be the best choice unless you are freaking rich and wanna get warsoul? =P
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If we are talking only money, then full r9 > full g15 NIRVY (stop calling it "vana"!!!!)

If you merchant it straight, you can get the money for r9 in... like 7 or so months, depending on how dedicated you are to it and how well you play the markets. I find that, on the whole, most just aren't patient enough to really do that, though.

Still, as Aries said, it's based on your preferences and what you do with your cleric. Though, again, if we are just talking money, r9 > g15.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    my cleric is heavily offencive. i think I'll make a farm sin. r8 with a few TT99 or an archer r8 4-5.0 *5.0 deicide archer is higher dps then a 2.86 sin by more then enough. i also have a herced veno i could lvl and keep it cheap. bm here ofc i could AoE OVS with relative ease. my cleric can to but i don't 2 shot OVS yet, only +5 r8 wep.

next qeustion. would it be worth tossing 140-160m into a sin/bm/archer to farm with *94 bm/85 sin/77 archer* or just lvl the 68 herc/nixed veno.
  • Buritteni - Sanctuary
    Buritteni - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    nvm, guess it was a 76 veno. herc/nix same lvl so lvling it up would be candy.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A 5.0 farming sin is one of the best investments you can make in this game :3

Personally, though, I prefer archers or BMs.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It appears to me that the Nirvana gears are better for defense and HP. You could imbue them with DoT's which are cheap compared to defense / HP shards you might use in R9 to compensate for some of the better offense of R9.. I plan to account share equips, so it's Nirvana for me. It really depends on what you want to do.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    It appears to me that the Nirvana gears are better for defense and HP. You could imbue them with DoT's which are cheap compared to defense / HP shards you might use in R9 to compensate for some of the better offense of R9.. I plan to account share equips, so it's Nirvana for me. It really depends on what you want to do.

DoTs on a cleric? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    DoTs on a cleric? b:shocked
    Don't worry, he powerleveled his cleric and has the class down without really playing it for long at all. He doesn't need to play a cleric to understand DOT's do practically nothing for a cleric outside of PVP. And even so, with the damage they take from players nowadays they would fare much better with JOSD -- attack level on r9 and blessing itself is enough. Personally I'd just recommend Nirvana and just beef up the farmer first. r9 for a cleric is pretty pointless unless it's your bread and butter and you TW/PVP.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Don't worry, he powerleveled his cleric and has the class down without really playing it for long at all. He doesn't need to play a cleric to understand DOT's do practically nothing for a cleric outside of PVP. And even so, with the damage they take from players nowadays they would fare much better with JOSD -- attack level on r9 and blessing itself is enough. Personally I'd just recommend Nirvana and just beef up the farmer first. r9 for a cleric is pretty pointless unless it's your bread and butter and you TW/PVP.

Do little boys ever answer your wc requests? Oh right.. if they did you wouldn't have time for trolling here would you?

Go sit in your Regeneration Aura and pretend you have skillz.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Regeneration Aura doesn't work for most of the stuff I do tweakz. Maybe if I sharded DOT's I might heal more pro like you? b:cute