Very simple solution to Assassin complaints:

Options
zbzkda
zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Suggestion Box
Actually, the problem with assassins is SO simple, and can be fixed SO easily, and you do not need to remove stealth at all. You can either:

1. Increase the cooldown of Shadow Escape. Make it a 5 min cooldown. That way when they come out, they're out for good until they come out of active combat.

2. Make Shadow Escape a 2 spark skill with a 60 second cooldown. That way the insane chi gain from Rising Dragon Strike is mitigated by them having to actually CONSIDER their actions before moving out to PvP, instead of just auto-attacking and Shadow Escaping if it fails. Also, they would now actually have to weigh the use of 2 spark skills like every other class does. "I have 2 sparks. Okay, do I save them for HeadHunt, or Shadow Escape?". Every other class has to think carefully about spark usage EXCEPT assassins.

3. Remove shadow escape altogether. If other classes cannot log out during PvP, because it's a cheap way to escape getting killed, assassins should also have to sit out a fight and lose like everybody else.

If Assassins did not have Shadow Escape, there actually would not be a problem. The solution requires minor patching to ONE SKILL, and not even an APS nerf. I don't think any experienced PvP has a problem with stealth really. It's the fact that Assassins can be to self assured of coming out of stealth that makes it so annoying, since if you're killing one, it can run back into stealth.

Of the 3 suggestions, I nominate #2 most aggressively.
I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
Post edited by zbzkda on

Comments

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just have it where sins can't be in stealth mode at all while in combat mode and sparks cannot be triggered while invisible. It's that simple.
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i suggest a better fix to it that will include an "event" to it will post my idea on a diff tread go check for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • RKH - Harshlands
    RKH - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Personally I think steatlh should be range based, not level based. And the higher your stealth level, the closer you can get. Say for lv1 shadow walk with neither passive, eh 30m? (or say about halfway between where you're standing and max detection range), at lv11 shadow escape with lv10 cat-like tread it could be 5m. Then the higher your sharp observer level the further it moves back, say lv10 sharp observer could push it back to 20m. Then when they're inside YOUR detection range you can see em in that transparent color.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Silly PvP people.

Shadow Escape might be the king skill in PvP, but in PvE, even as it is, it has little function. Personally, I only use it for the chi gain and maybe to reset a boss that is not ? level. If you made it cost 2 sparks, the skill would have absolutely no use in PvE.

Seriously, it's also funny to see all of these angered PvP folk who always suggest something that would basically make Shadow Escape useless or nearly so both in PvP and PvE. It's like they're radiating the whole "Yeah I got killed by a stealth-using sin and the only thing I can think of as revenge is to suggest stupid nerfs on a forum"-thing.

Anyone with a brain knows that there are ways to use Shadow Escape in PvP so that it's actually "skillful", or to not use it at all.

So really, all these kind of posts say to me is "Boohoo I got killed by a worse-geared/lower level/random sin, please help me!"

It's almost ridiculous that people actually dare to complain about stuff like Stealth in a game where there is no agreed-upon "manners" in PvP: everyone uses charms, potions, apos, whatnot. It's just a competition of who runs out first or who deals the most damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gee, lemme think...I'm a sin. Why would I be asking this if it screwed up my PvP tactics? Maybe because it's not too hard to stand next to someone where you're practically breathing down their neck without them realizing you're there. Double spark, inner harmony, headhunt, **** **** **** **** ****....force stealth, win. Sorry mate, I feel dirty doing that kind of stuff, give us some variation to where we actually have to use more tactics instead of faceroll keyboard and win. :\
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gee, lemme think...I'm a sin. Why would I be asking this if it screwed up my PvP tactics? Maybe because it's not too hard to stand next to someone where you're practically breathing down their neck without them realizing you're there. Double spark, inner harmony, headhunt, **** **** **** **** ****....force stealth, win. Sorry mate, I feel dirty doing that kind of stuff, give us some variation to where we actually have to use more tactics instead of faceroll keyboard and win. :\

... Then again no one is forcing you to do that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Meanwhile, Psychic's Soulburn is still the only debuff that damages through Ironguards and can't be purified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe not, but every other sin does. I'm saying they kinda broke the class where you can pick your fights and you can choose to end em on your own terms. So pretty much we have our own SZ outside SZ. If we ** up, we can hide, and stay hidden as long as we want. I wasn't the one saying remove shadow escape. I was saying change how stealth works, make it range based instead of level based. That seems a bit more logical anyway. Sorry but I don't quite think there could be someone standing behind me breathing down my neck without me taking notice. Especially when I'm on the lookout for them.

I dunno how they run over in your carebear servers, but over here we have those sins that like to double spark maze steps out of stealth 4aps, drop someone and hide again. Any other class in PWI's existence couldn't pull that kind of **** off...Pretty much I could 1v1 20 different people in a manner that would make it pretty much 1v20. What other class has that luxury?
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Meanwhile, Psychic's Soulburn is still the only debuff that damages through Ironguards and can't be purified.

It's also easily broken, stun / sleep / seal them till it wears off, then AD and attack em till they die.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you guys need go actually play a sin to see how it is...is more a issues of OP gear then anything ....rank 9 archer with full refines go out west and roll 2 full teams and nobody complain...start nerf sin will be really really useless ...5 min stealth lol...think tw wise...
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you guys need go actually play a sin to see how it is...is more a issues of OP gear then anything ....rank 9 archer with full refines go out west and roll 2 full teams and nobody complain...start nerf sin will be really really useless ...5 min stealth lol...think tw wise...

I do agree on that. r9 anything with high refines is so omgwtfOP that it's insane. And us having the ability of 5APS, 50+% crit, and 8-12k base damage, along with our ability to stunlock makes us crazy death...but it really is only to 1 person at a time, 2-3 people if I'm lucky. (r8, 2.22APS). I guess really its just non-sins that QQ that sins are OP, sins QQ that archers are OP...I dunno, lots of QQ about OP that runs in circles? :\ I was just giving an idea to add some variety to PvP.

I know there's alot of times too where people say sin and skill shouldn't go together. In 1v1, that holds true, but fighting multiple people with a 1v1 based class, that does take some skill. If explanation is needed please let me know :)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only skill I consider OP and truely dispise of a sins arsenal is deaden nerves this is a type of skill tht shouldnt even be in the game i say get rid of it. As for shadow escape I think that no class should be able to absolutely decide when they wnt to end a fight and have nothing bad happen to them and get rewarded for it get rid of it; idc how it effects pve you can suck it up not being able to reset something and you can get enough chi as it is. Now with that aside ive also had this idea that if a sin in stealth is within 5m-10m of a person that you should be able to see them like they see them selves and if you see them you should be able to click them and attack them. *sits bck and w8s to see what others think*b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just come back recently... it seem the discussion about this *complain* will never end.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I just come back recently... it seem the discussion about this *complain* will never end.. b:chuckle

If they maybe..fixed it...then the discussions about this complaint would likely end; however, hypothetically, new ones would sprout up as well (most likely sins: "QQ Y U NERF ME").
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You know what, you're right. Lets get rid of steatlh, deaden nerves, tidal protection, focused mind, make sins 2.5aps max. Oh, and while we're at it, let's remove the veno's nix, the seeker's def level buff and make their attacks physical like every other melee. Reduce the psys SoR to 50% their soulforce. Remove the mystic's herb spells and get rid of their pets. Take r9 out of the game too, that's total bs. We could also make it so BMs can't use fists. Then someone would complain the mage is too OP. So then we reduce all their spell's damage to 75%. But wait, now they can't deal enough damage before they're jumped on by a bm, so we'll make them run .2m slower and remove their run-fast skill. Aww, now clerics can sleep for too long, let's delete that. So on, so forth...Untill eventually every class is so nerfed that we all become little blobs that hit for 200dph.... /opqqrage

See my point? Stop complaining, 100 sin and I get dropped by people my level all the time. This whole rage probably started as 'eh sins seem a bit OP, but they are still squishy as butter'. And from there word of mouth gets around and the original idea gets inflated to "WTFSINOP! OH NOES NERF THEM!". Then it would just be a cascade like I stated. So simply put, hush up, have a coke, and enjoy the game.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...Then someone would complain the mage is too OP. So then we reduce all their spell's damage to 75%...

So, their DPS will be less than dps of mob ?

Strange logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    **** skills. Every class should punch everything until death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • RKH - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So, their DPS will be less than dps of mob ?

Strange logic.

I was just giving an example of what would happen. Then every class that gets nerfed will ragequit and PWI dies. Sins are not as hard to kill as people make it out to be. IMHO getting dropped by a sin out of stealth is the same as getting a 1-shot from a mage that moved in outside my FOV. Does anyone even complain about a r9 mage / archer practially 1-shotting anything that moves? Why do us sins get all the hate? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but before tb patch weren't the venos nix massivelywtf OP? Have they fixed that? no...Maybe we're just the flavor of the week or something.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This topic is dumb because it pretends stealth is the only balance issue with sins in 1v1 pk.

-Zerk int 5.0 dagger with wolf emblem on a pure dex class can rip through buddha guard / invoke
    -35M range on stun
    -8s stun + 7s stun + sleep + seal + paralyze? wtf.
    -Almost immune to all stuns / control skills
    -Buffs can't be purged
    -Can come back from near death with 20-35% more hp (thats like an extra barb buff)
    -Free chi with practically every attack, it's like they have 7 sparks while everyone else has 3
    -Can get +30 attack levels on skills
    -Free heals while attacking

That's the class you'd have without stealth. Still ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Personally I think steatlh should be range based, not level based. And the higher your stealth level, the closer you can get. Say for lv1 shadow walk with neither passive, eh 30m? (or say about halfway between where you're standing and max detection range), at lv11 shadow escape with lv10 cat-like tread it could be 5m. Then the higher your sharp observer level the further it moves back, say lv10 sharp observer could push it back to 20m. Then when they're inside YOUR detection range you can see em in that transparent color.

Thats a pretty good idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If only the developer actually found balancing / tweaking is amusing like modder out there...
    Such IceFrog, Minh Le, Jess Cliffe, Huang, Edhil, Creation, ooo, spb, skeleton, ~ z alot
    Some of them already joining companies to develop games. (while them self alone already doing very good job)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL, u know what ppl, we should all play sins, and kill this game already, every town like a ghost town out of every single player in stealth, the only pvp would be done if some1 afks out of sz and for some reason gets knocked out of stealth, then 4867845768456845 hungry sins pop out of stealth for the kill like a pack of zombies xD and all the pve activities are reduced to spark+auto atttack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • elorejitas
    elorejitas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    there is Detection Potions to detect sins in stealth mode...
    Use it and get off the sins problem
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This topic is dumb because it pretends stealth is the only balance issue with sins in 1v1 pk.

-Zerk int 5.0 dagger with wolf emblem on a pure dex class can rip through buddha guard / invoke
    -35M range on stun
    -8s stun + 7s stun + sleep + seal + paralyze? wtf.
    -Almost immune to all stuns / control skills
    -Buffs can't be purged
    -Can come back from near death with 20-35% more hp (thats like an extra barb buff)
    -Free chi with practically every attack, it's like they have 7 sparks while everyone else has 3
    -Can get +30 attack levels on skills
    -Free heals while attacking

That's the class you'd have without stealth. Still ridiculous.

You forget the fact daggers themselves are made to be OP. Every other phys wep in the game tends to slow down in proportion to its "favoured stat" requirement. This is why Axes and Bows are the slowest weapons in the game. They require you to have a LOT of the same stat that serves as their dmg multiplier. This is why fists require fist bms to run around with massively messed up stats in order to use them.

Then you get daggers, and the rule doesnt seem to apply. They were designed to be OP. Dex is the single most efficient dmg multiplier. Allowing one class to be PURE dex, and achieve 5aps with a weapon that benefits from this dex is ridiculous.

Increasing the interval on daggers to make 5aps impossible, and introduce a significant STR requirement would balance sins both in pvp and in pve.

elorejitas wrote: »
    there is Detection Potions to detect sins in stealth mode...
    Use it and get off the sins problem

They Add 30 detection lvls, right? Doesnt this mean you still have to outlvl the sin to be able to see him?

Also, Nerfing Stealth, as Asterelle said, would not do us any good. What makes sins OP is their ability to ALWAYS have the first move(unless the sin is lower lvled(unlikely) and you happen to be potting, wich, in my humble opinion, is a disadvantage in its own right), and the fact that that first move has a very real chance of killing you. Out of 10 classes in the game, only 3 are in any way equipped to sit trough 8 seconds of sin DPS. The other 7 have 2 choices: die to it, wich, with some luck on the sin's side happens regardless of your choice, or saving your skin for a few seconds longer, wich, in the best case, may be enough to dash into safezone.

Regardless of any skill i may have, a competent sin, with gear comparable to my own, is unlikely to lose to me. As a matter of fact, a competent sin, whose double sparked damage can comfortably outdps my charm, will most likely slaughter me.

This can not be said of any other class in the game. As i do not play any other class competitively, i can not speak for any of them, however, from my own experience as an archer, fighting anything other than sins, with equal gear and fair warning none of the 9 classes in unbeatable. Given NO warning, only a 1shot is unbeatable. Most of those are fairly hard to pull off unnoticed, though.

A sin hitting me from stealth most closely resembles a BM catching me completely off guard and stunlocking me, then proceeding to hit me with fists for twice the usual fist dmg.
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the class imo should be changed from a dps class to a dph class cus isnt an assassin suppose to kill its target in one fell swoop not 200 in a few seconds lol i have no idea how to do this idea of mine sense im to lazy to think of stuff right now lol so i think ill leave it to the smart people like that lvl 105 archer tht posted in this thread
    edited July 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    the class imo should be changed from a dps class to a dph class cus isnt an assassin suppose to kill its target in one fell swoop not 200 in a few seconds lol i have no idea how to do this idea of mine sense im to lazy to think of stuff right now lol so i think ill leave it to the smart people like that lvl 105 archer tht posted in this thread

With other classes you have to choose to be DPS or DPH. Sin is the only class thats both.
    A 5aps class with zerk, crit, wolf emblem, +30 attack level.

Even without stealth and without 5aps dagger they'd still be ridiculously OP just from the high DPH of their skills, large amount of control skills, unmatched defenses, and massive amount of chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    With other classes you have to choose to be DPS or DPH. Sin is the only class thats both.
    A 5aps class with zerk, crit, wolf emblem, +30 attack level.

Even without stealth and without 5aps dagger they'd still be ridiculously OP just from the high DPH of their skills, large amount of control skills, unmatched defenses, and massive amount of chi.

thats why they need to be completely redone from the ground up i dont know how to do this but i think it needs to be done even tho i love how OP both my sins areb:sin
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Then you get daggers, and the rule doesnt seem to apply. They were designed to be OP. Dex is the single most efficient dmg multiplier. Allowing one class to be PURE dex, and achieve 5aps with a weapon that benefits from this dex is ridiculous.

Increasing the interval on daggers to make 5aps impossible, and introduce a significant STR requirement would balance sins both in pvp and in pve.

Um, Sins do have a specific appeal to them: Close-range Light Armor DD. Well, that's, by design. Of course, fist archers do that as well, but it's not what they were designed for.

Also, your idea wouldn't really work. Daggers get their damage from Dexterity and they also require a pretty good amount of dexterity. For example, TT99 requires 299 dexterity. Adding a strength requirement would only serve one purpose: to gimp the amount of dexterity an assassin can get. And if the weapon required Dexterity and Strength, it'd have to also get power from both of those, which would just result in Assassins being like a fist-locked BM without HA.

And besides, how far would you lower the DPS of an Assassin? To a level equal to fist BMs? Below that? Less than fist archers?

Oh and btw, it's not like the high APS is in itself ridiculous. Meet full R9 sin. That thing has an average DPS of 48,038, unsparked. That's pretty much what an entry-level 5 aps clawarcher gets, sparked. Similarly, meet full R9 Archer, who sports a rather impressive DPS of 40,686, despite only have 0.87 aps.

Granted, dexterity is an "efficient" damage multiplier. However, the only superior quality is the 1% crit for every 20 points. Other than that, it's no different from Strength at all.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Um, Sins do have a specific appeal to them: Close-range Light Armor DD. Well, that's, by design. Of course, fist archers do that as well, but it's not what they were designed for.

Also, your idea wouldn't really work. Daggers get their damage from Dexterity and they also require a pretty good amount of dexterity. For example, TT99 requires 299 dexterity. Adding a strength requirement would only serve one purpose: to gimp the amount of dexterity an assassin can get. And if the weapon required Dexterity and Strength, it'd have to also get power from both of those, which would just result in Assassins being like a fist-locked BM without HA.

And besides, how far would you lower the DPS of an Assassin? To a level equal to fist BMs? Below that? Less than fist archers?

Oh and btw, it's not like the high APS is in itself ridiculous. Meet full R9 sin. That thing has an average DPS of 48,038, unsparked. That's pretty much what an entry-level 5 aps clawarcher gets, sparked. Similarly, meet full R9 Archer, who sports a rather impressive DPS of 40,686, despite only have 0.87 aps.

Granted, dexterity is an "efficient" damage multiplier. However, the only superior quality is the 1% crit for every 20 points. Other than that, it's no different from Strength at all.

I don't think you are calculating DPS correctly. In particular you are not factoring in the effects of wolf emblem and god of frenzy into DPS which means you are undercutting the sin's DPS by like 45%.

If you wanted to compare DPS you should use DPS builds for both chars. An R9 sin build is not built at all for DPS, it's build for DPH. Sin is also broken as a DPH class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCHz6BXK2I
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhansen
    markhansen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes TB Classes is OP no matter what ya sin's or Pys say's.
    and Yes i'm Sick of them. Really What is the fun In The Game in example Cave runs When bosses fall's like rain and take 5-10sec to kill whit a sin.
    They have taken the fun out of the game. Idc much about Pvp Or Tw.
    But i do care about they have taken all the fun out of the game.
    So why not give bosses and mobs Either more life or make them immune to some skill's.
    So they just get alittle hard to kill and not just Gets b:beatup in No time.