Clerics in general

Options
StrongHeals - Dreamweaver
StrongHeals - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hi folks

I have recently checked out other servers and i was shocked to see that not many know how to build a cleric properly so i thought i would give some info on how to do it right.There isnt only one build to clerics but the best build for a cleric is pure magic.Most know that the most important heal for a cleric is ironheart.Having said that its not the only one a cleric will rely on.It is although the first heal that should be maxed out.Another thing i have noticed is that alot of clerics put way too many points in vitality.By the time a cleric reaches lvl 100 there should NOT be more then 50 vitality total.That means only add 45 no more.I also noticed that some clerics put only garnets in their gear or only citrines, it should be half and half thats all that is EVER needed.Imagine a cleric with only garnets in the sockets.Thats great against physical mobs but it bites for magic bosses cause you wont be able to survive against the magic bosses, you do need a good HP base.

Next thing is how to play the cleric.First off when facing physical mobs a cleric should always ironheart 4 times because it stacks up to 4 times.Once you see your life going down again ironheart 4 times again then you should be able to finish off the mob.Don't forget about wellspring because it will save your life or the life of a squad member it is a quick and efficient way to boost up the hp in a hurry,then back to ironheart.When in high instances too many clerics rely on their BB.Well folks in some instances the BB is useless so get used to using your squad heal its very important.I could go on for much longer and give out way more info but if a cleric follows those basic rules he or she will do fine.There are alot of different opinions on this but i have tried different builds and the pure arcane one is the best one by far.If you have questions about a cleric i would be happy to give you a few pointers.Now don't let my lvl fool you.I am only lvl 101 cause i spent most of my time helping others and teaching other clerics.If it wasnt for that i would be lvl 105.But having said that the lvl means nothing if you think about it.It's all about how you play your cleric.One last thing gear makes a big difference for when a cleric likes to solo alot like myself but it isnt the most important.How you play your cleric will determine whether the squad gets wiped or not.Dont get frustrated at first because clerics WILL die alot you cant prevent that.But following these simple steps will improve your game play and enjoyment because clerics ARE lots of fun to play and are ALWAYS in demand.Hope these few tips will help some of you to improve on clerics.Thank you folks have a great oneb:victory
Post edited by StrongHeals - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• England - Lothranis
    England - Lothranis Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This will be moved to CLERIC subsection of CLASS DISCUSSION forums. There are already plenty more detailed guides, but nice attempt nonetheless.
  • StrongHeals - Dreamweaver
    StrongHeals - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This will be moved to CLERIC subsection of CLASS DISCUSSION forums. There are already plenty more detailed guides, but nice attempt nonetheless.
    This was just a quick look at it cause if i would go in detail lol i would write a book
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have 192 Vit equipped (Lv100 5600HP, almost entirely PDef sharded, +3 OHT Gold gears) and I do awesome, what with basically never dying and always being able to heal.

ijs but your vit count isnt the advice id give anyone b:surrender

Also, Stream of Rejuvination > All other heals 90% of the time. (Even more so if you have demon Stream)
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Really? A PVE server cleric telling everyone a cleric has to be built one way. This game was designed to give people a CHOICE at how to stat their characters, thats why you can CHOOSE where to put your stat points.

And fyi I have much more than 50 vit and im lvl 100 and I've never had a problem at all. Clerics can stat they're characters however they want. Also not all clerics are on carebear 50 vit servers

And when you say the best build is pure magic, thats totally your opinion as many people would think differently
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont agree with your post, there are ALOT more builds than that. I have 180vit with all my adds from gear, and sharded with pdef and do fine. Its all about YOUR own play style. There is no one way to build a character. Just play and build the way YOU want. And to kill mobs, you dont have to IH 4 times >.> Thats a waste of mana, IH twice and you golden, IH every once in a while, but you dont have to IH 4 times everytime.

People should be able to build the way they want to, not how you want them to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No, just no. The other builds are all viable and work for the person playing them. I don't die very often and I am a vit build. Just because you see other clerics with gear that is sharded differently than yours doesn't mean that they don't know to build their character. Even if you have tried the other builds, they don't work with your playstyle so ofc they seem worse. That doesn't make it true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the best build for a cleric is pure magic.

Stopped reading there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If you are trying to find gems to optimize physical survival you can use the socket calculator in my sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MrSho - Archosaur
    MrSho - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/7e218f6aa8f91dd6
    my build buffed

I'm sage too, and tbh the only problems I've had with most garnet sharding is probably 3-2/3-2 emp, harpy wriath and SOMETIMES steelation in 3-3 but only when he HP debuffs and then attacks, usually I manage to purify myself but occasionly yeah he does kill me when he does that,
    to be honest yeah VIT helps in surviving more, but some people are more comfy with the way they already have, like me with pure magic, I know how much dmg I can take, I know my reactions to bosses/players/mobs when they attack, its entirely up to the player under certain situations how's he going to handle it, if he's going to plume shell or guardian light or AD or whatever.

I know what I have won't survive huge hardcore dmg and I know I'm not the best cleric there, but lol I rarely die anyways, and If I do instances theres rez scrolls and rez buffs to carry on,
    and if your going to lecture how someone should play a cleric just based on your own opinion then go to cleric subforum, make a thread or post in the cleric guide about builds
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can't be bothered to read the OP's wall of text, but I can say this doesn't belong in the GD.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Can't be bothered to read the OP's wall of text, but I can say this doesn't belong in the GD.

Ditto. the OP should also try reading all of the various build guides for clerics. Starting in The Cleric Forum.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hi folks

I have recently checked out other servers and i was shocked to see that not many know how to build a cleric properly so i thought i would give some info on how to do it right.There isnt only one build to clerics but the best build for a cleric is pure magic.Most know that the most important heal for a cleric is ironheart.Having said that its not the only one a cleric will rely on.It is although the first heal that should be maxed out.Another thing i have noticed is that alot of clerics put way too many points in vitality.By the time a cleric reaches lvl 100 there should NOT be more then 50 vitality total.That means only add 45 no more.I also noticed that some clerics put only garnets in their gear or only citrines, it should be half and half thats all that is EVER needed.Imagine a cleric with only garnets in the sockets.Thats great against physical mobs but it bites for magic bosses cause you wont be able to survive against the magic bosses, you do need a good HP base.

Next thing is how to play the cleric.First off when facing physical mobs a cleric should always ironheart 4 times because it stacks up to 4 times.Once you see your life going down again ironheart 4 times again then you should be able to finish off the mob.Don't forget about wellspring because it will save your life or the life of a squad member it is a quick and efficient way to boost up the hp in a hurry,then back to ironheart.When in high instances too many clerics rely on their BB.Well folks in some instances the BB is useless so get used to using your squad heal its very important.I could go on for much longer and give out way more info but if a cleric follows those basic rules he or she will do fine.There are alot of different opinions on this but i have tried different builds and the pure arcane one is the best one by far.If you have questions about a cleric i would be happy to give you a few pointers.Now don't let my lvl fool you.I am only lvl 101 cause i spent most of my time helping others and teaching other clerics.If it wasnt for that i would be lvl 105.But having said that the lvl means nothing if you think about it.It's all about how you play your cleric.One last thing gear makes a big difference for when a cleric likes to solo alot like myself but it isnt the most important.How you play your cleric will determine whether the squad gets wiped or not.Dont get frustrated at first because clerics WILL die alot you cant prevent that.But following these simple steps will improve your game play and enjoyment because clerics ARE lots of fun to play and are ALWAYS in demand.Hope these few tips will help some of you to improve on clerics.Thank you folks have a great oneb:victory

LOL

I had not seen so many things wrong in a post in a long time...

1st This is in the wrong section.

2nd The build you are giving SUX. The best build for clerics is full vitality because it gives you more survivability in PvP. The shards a cleric needs is garnets because you will be using AA. Remember AA has low physical defense, so you will want to cover that weakness.

...Geez if all new clerics are like this now, no wonder no one runs their own FC and prefers to buy, ijs.
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL

I had not seen so many things wrong in a post in a long time...

1st This is in the wrong section.

2nd The build you are giving SUX. The best build for clerics is full vitality
    Just L M A O =)
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Please stop teaching clerics. It's going to take years to undo the damage you've done to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well I gotta agree with the bit about lots of bad clerics (at least around 6x-8x)

They rely too heavily on BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|