Why Sould I Lv The Plants?

Options
cletaz
cletaz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Mystic
b:cry omg i was looking it on etacombe (or wahtever o.o) and at lv 10 the real part of theyr debuff ( Spidervine and Befuddling Creeper) are just a crappy 20% on pvp its even uselles compared to the debuffs of the veno in its fox form, and if im considering the pvp part of the mystic... should i lv those BS!?

btw thell me why o.ob:bye
Post edited by cletaz on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    befuddling is more than worth it. its really when you use lysing with the plants that makes the effect more worth it. i dont use spidervine a whole lot though, so if you are concerned about SP/money at the moment there are a few plants you can hold off on until later, such as Listless Blossom and Healing Herb. While I do use healing herb pretty often, the effect of it isnt really that great. spidervine is a nice plant for hard hitting bosses, but its effect just isnt very strong either.

so, imporant ones to level are befuddling and vital herb. punishing sting is ok in some situations. its a cheap skill so might as well level it. it does max dmg on ? bosses and it can be used as an AOE when lysing also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Ekolid - Lost City
    Ekolid - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    just one thing, you should never laugh about 20% m.def/p.def decrease and 40% atk/chan rate decrease. befuddling creeper is actually one of the best skills a mystic have and is needed for(right after aiges shield ofc), the problem is not all mystics are pro enough to keep the enemies debuffed and support at the same time.

but here is why lv10 creeper is so much win: lysing it will do all 4 debuffs for 18 secs (95+%) which is enough time to zhen and kill all pulled mobs etc.

other priorty plant to lvl is vital herb, which is basically a bb while you have the chance to extra support or dd.
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes is nice to lvl all plants, First because they are cheap to lvl, second is that they dont seen to be usefull at first but they are great in mass pvp debuff especially for TW. The trick is not just cast them and leave it there, because it can be killed easy, but instead cast and lysing which will give much higher effect and AoE.b:victory
  • Mugler - Lost City
    Mugler - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like Healing Herb. It very usable at pve (no need more hp pots) since I got it. But I have some questions:
    1. Does Healing Herb and Vital Herb heals all people around or only party members?
    2. Has any1 maxed Punishing Sting? What's damage difference between 1lvl and 10lvl?
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Healing Herb and Vital Herb just heal squad members.

At level 1, my Punishing Sting could not kill heads! b:chuckle
    It can now easily at level 10. Though I also leveled up more and have newer better gear too. b:surrender
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They are 4 Plants i use:
    Punishing Sting - An OK DD at bosses, But better at AoE Pulls... Lyse it.
    Defudding Creep - Good Debuff at Bosses.
    Healing Herb - I summon this with Vital Herb and thats an epic healing.
    Vital Herb
    *Vital Herb can be summoned with other plant, 2 At same time.
    All of these are 10.
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Vita Herb is a must have.. That plant is epic!
    What concerns the others I use the first 3 of them from time to time.

Punishing sting is good if you attack alone, because its the best deal than for bosses.

Befuddling Creeper is what I use in Squats. Debuff is always a good ideaand if there are more than one attacker its better to debuff than using punishing sting.

Spidervine is not bad as well. I use this plant, when the boss tends to do high dmg on the Tank and it really helps making it much easier to heal.

The other two plants I didn't lvl so far. I consider them to be more or less useless. Healing Herb might be a bit usefull, but I think its too few of healing power that would use it. And listless is a plant I really don't know where that one can be used in a good sense..
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    OK you all use sting,but when you max a skill you should see what the level increases. Actually punishing sting levels just increase their range to cast not to attack,and OBVIOUSLY THE MANA COST! which is something that none mystic want ;)... However I agree with befuddling and vital
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    All the plants are worthy to level, they all have their purposes, but mostly towards to PvE, for PvP its easy for the player to just avoid and goes away from the plant. They are good to discover stealth dumb sins tho b:thanks

Punishing Sting is good on (?) bosses for full damage or lysing for aoe dmg
    Crepper is an awesome debuffer specially lysing
    Lister is good for dumb sins in stealth b:thanks
    both Healing and vital herbs are a must have on big pulls
    they one I use least is spidervine, but as said, is good on hard hitting bosses...
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    turg14 wrote: »
    OK you all use sting,but when you max a skill you should see what the level increases. Actually punishing sting levels just increase their range to cast not to attack,and OBVIOUSLY THE MANA COST! which is something that none mystic want ;)... However I agree with befuddling and vital

Actually lvling punishing sting does not only increase range and mana cast. Punishing is a summon, so its stats are based off of your gear, and whenever you lvl your summons the portion of the stats it gets are increased, so lvling punishing gives it more dmg and hp. That's like saying lvling Storm Mistress takes no benefit and only increases the mana is costs to summon her. Range would be enough reason for me to lvl it anyway. Idk about pve, but in pvp having all of your skills useable at max range is VERY important. Mana is a non factor once you hit 75.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RobaMystic - Raging Tide
    RobaMystic - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's like saying lvling Storm Mistress takes no benefit and only increases the mana is costs to summon her.QUOTE]

Why do you think nobody lvl`s her...?!
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i can't imagine how many times listless blossom>lysing saved us(and gave us time) from the other faction NOMING on our crystal b:laugh
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do you think nobody lvl`s her...?!

When did I ever say no one lvls her? My point was that saying the only benefit for lvling punishing sting is extra range and it increases mana cost is just like saying that storm mistress is not worth lvling as it will only increase mana cost for summoning her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When did I ever say no one lvls her? My point was that saying the only benefit for lvling punishing sting is extra range and it increases mana cost is just like saying that storm mistress is not worth lvling as it will only increase mana cost for summoning her.

Ok how can you compare a REAL summon to a plant. I dont know if it increases stats and hp Not even the Lysing effect of it changes... The only reason to level up listless is to increase the sleep duration when you sacrifice it in punishing sting it doesnt even change. I dont think that my gear would do so much difference on a PLANT this guy is worried about the spirit and punishing sting is not a priority.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can compare them because neither of storm's skills change when lvled, so if what you were saying about punishing sting were true, then there would be no point in lvling storm either except for getting the lvl 11 version later. Your summon's phys and mag attack are both increased from the mag atk your weapon provides. At lvl one, a summon gets 5% of your gear values. Each lvl this increases by another 5%, resulting in 50% at lvl 10. This includes all summons, pet type and plants. Even thicket is effected. So lvling punishing sting means more hp and defenses for aoes when you're soloing, as well as extra dmg as a result of increased patk, just like how lvling storm means more matk dmg, hp, and defenses.

Someone once mentioned that their punishing sting couldn't one shot heads until they lvled it lol Maxing sting is 171k spirit, which isn't much. Although I agree with you it isn't a priority, it's cheap enough to max :b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ptana
    ptana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    turg14 wrote: »
    Ok how can you compare a REAL summon to a plant.

racist
  • theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ptana wrote: »
    racist

xD ROLFMAO