Hotkeys for spells

Options
QuestKitty - Dreamweaver
QuestKitty - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
Hai! :P As you can tell by picture I'm still fairly new -_- lol.

So I was wondering what Spells I should have on my hot keys? On my F hotkeys I have my plume shot, cyclone, spark burst, mediate, and fly. On the side, which is the number hot keys, I have Blessing of the pure hearted, Wellspring Surge, Ironheart blessing, Revive, all my buffs that are in a combo (except the vanguard one, I have the AoE one that I use to buff with), Plume shield, purify, Perfect Health potions, and perfect Mana potions.

I know that I'm usauly a bit off with things, but now that I'm having more spells I can use, I'm starting to wonder what has more priority over what spell. I know when I'm doing FB's I dont need fly or plume shield? So I can remove them and add a different spell. So, I was pretty much just wondering what the most common set up that clerics use for their spells? Future set ups would be nice to... Thanks for the help in advance :)
Post edited by QuestKitty - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I use the 1-9 rows (5 in total) for all skills) and the F1-8 for Actions pots etc

My hotkeys are like that :Plumeshot,Cyclone,Thunder,IH,Surge,CHB,Stream,Purify,Plumeshell.
    above i have
    Vanguard,AoE,MagicShell,AoE,Celestial,AoE,SpiritGift,AoE,Revive
    then above i have
    Spark,2spark,(empty slot for demon spark), Siren,Tempest,BB,RB,thunderball and Blessing of Purehearted.

my last row has all the seals and spots for my lvl 79 skills since ill get both.

to sum up , my rows are like DDs and Heals, All Buffs and rez, Chi DD and Bubbles, And seal.

It maybe a bit crowded , but i manage to always respond quickly in every situation with that system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'm weird and use my F1-8 keys for essentials spells in order: weild thunder, plume shot, cyclone, ironheart blessing, fly action, wellspring surge, meditate, and purify. Expanded those keys have my group buff macro as well as blue/red bubble, genies and baby pets :D

My 1-9 keys are my more lesser spells and actions including in order: demon eruption, advanced eruption, stream of rejuvination, razor feathers, tempest, pick up action, revive, chromatic group heal, and my mount. Expanded basically has the rest of my buffs, debuffs, 79 skills, fashion and pots.

Everyone is different so find something that works well for you and find some purpose to your hotkeys; which ones should contain your essential spells/lesser spells, pots, etc. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    post screen shots- i cant visualise just with text! b:beg
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this may give you some idea:

unled1jkn.png
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/PWI%20Screenshots/2011-07-2316-55-02.jpg

Heals/Rez/Debuff Macro/single target buff macro on the 1-9 keys. Fly is also number one, cuz it's that number on every character. F8 is meditate because it's always been/and it's also the same for every charcter. At this point it's muscle memory and when I hit ~ by accident, I still end up hitting the one key before I realize I have to cycle through them again. lol

Pots on the ~ hotkey after that, plus seals/debuffs/aoes

On the f1 row I have my attacks, squad heal and purify. I also have blessings, but mostly because I used it at level one then stopped using it and so I avoid that key like the plague. Anything I put there is just going to get skipped over anyway, and it's the cheapest way to get chi out of combat so meh.

On the V hotkey row after that I have my 79 skills, squad buff macro, sage chi skill, and RB/BB. I also put vanguard on there in case I notice that some tank is having a little bit of trouble tanking the physical damage, since it's sage.

I have macros for various situations but I don't hotkey them unless I need them since I don't like just leaving stuff on macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • QuestKitty - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmm, I never used the other rows for the hoykeys, I've only used just one, not really sure how you work the other rows lol. Unless you have to switch the set your on, to use the other spells, which might get a little confusing for me... Unless you can use them without having to change what row your using? And I guess its diffrent for everyone it seems, it not just one simple setup lol. Seems a bit confusing, but more freedom lol :P

Although I think it helps to know what other people use, so you can mix it up with someone else's idea. Better then thinking for yourself what MIGHT work, and then when the time comes it fails you lol. And I dont have as many skills as most of you yet... Might have soon, are there any spells that are never worth putting on the hotkeys, and is just like a junk spell to take up space? And after higher levels, should I keep Blessing of the pure hearted? Since so far its been a fail heal, and people have been better off with a IH spam? Only time I use blessing is when theres no mobs attacking us and we're safe for a bit, so I have time to cast the spell.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I always click my skills so I like having the icons grouped together, aswell as having some space inbetween.

It looks something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmm, I never used the other rows for the hoykeys, I've only used just one, not really sure how you work the other rows lol. Unless you have to switch the set your on, to use the other spells, which might get a little confusing for me... Unless you can use them without having to change what row your using? And I guess its diffrent for everyone it seems, it not just one simple setup lol. Seems a bit confusing, but more freedom lol :P

Although I think it helps to know what other people use, so you can mix it up with someone else's idea. Better then thinking for yourself what MIGHT work, and then when the time comes it fails you lol. And I dont have as many skills as most of you yet... Might have soon, are there any spells that are never worth putting on the hotkeys, and is just like a junk spell to take up space? And after higher levels, should I keep Blessing of the pure hearted? Since so far its been a fail heal, and people have been better off with a IH spam? Only time I use blessing is when theres no mobs attacking us and we're safe for a bit, so I have time to cast the spell.

I don't use blessings at all really, it's the most useless cleric skill period. Even thunderball is more useful. -_- I just have it hotkeyed from when I did use it back in my lowbie days and then when I realized it sucked stopped using it. By then my brain had become so used to it being that, that when I put something else there I still ended up pressing R, clicking the button and then realizing 2 seconds later that I was being an idiot. It became easier just to leave it here for chi and then put the other skills on different hotkeys. It's not like clerics have a huge amount of skills. As for the second row, the one on the bottom of my screenie is activated using the f1-f8 keys. The row to the right is activated using the 1-9 keys. The additional rows above the one on the bottom and to the left of the one on the far right I just click on but you can cycle through them with ~ and V.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Personally, I believe that as long as you keep only the skills/items/equipment you use often into your hotkey panel, it doesnt matter what order you put it in, as long as you keep it constant. After having your unique set of hotkeys for a few weeks or so you will naturally build muscle memory and it will become second nature unless if u change it again.

Hotkeys are bad for your fingers b:victory
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • QuestKitty - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't use blessings at all really, it's the most useless cleric skill period. Even thunderball is more useful. -_- I just have it hotkeyed from when I did use it back in my lowbie days and then when I realized it sucked stopped using it. By then my brain had become so used to it being that, that when I put something else there I still ended up pressing R, clicking the button and then realizing 2 seconds later that I was being an idiot. It became easier just to leave it here for chi and then put the other skills on different hotkeys. It's not like clerics have a huge amount of skills. As for the second row, the one on the bottom of my screenie is activated using the f1-f8 keys. The row to the right is activated using the 1-9 keys. The additional rows above the one on the bottom and to the left of the one on the far right I just click on but you can cycle through them with ~ and V.

Oh, so its just to save you trouble from pressing R, having to find the spell, and clicking on it? Seems a bit insane if you look at it, but easier when you do it lol. And yeah I figured Blessing wasent that great... surge did better, even if the healing was small, you can heal more with that faster then of you healed with blessing i would think lol. But was useful when you had no other healing spells :P Thanks for the help, I actaully never thought about the other rows, always thought they were going to annoy me with the switching lol. Sometimes I have sometimes switched the rows unknowingly and wondered why my hotkeys weren't working lol. After that I was pretty much like, no way I'm going to use the rows. But clicking sounds much more better :D
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I actually like para's layout and its kinda similar to mine (not really in how we set our skills, but more how we use the hotkeys)

kc05fq.jpg

I started off having all my attacks on the F-keys and seals/heals on the # keys but i found it a bit more comfortable putting cyclone (my main attack) on 4 and then jiggled the other commands around that. On 2nd row next to 2 & 3 spark are single and group buff macros- i also have single buff magic shell (because of the over buffing glitch) spirits gift (magic att boost) and regen buff (because i dont normally fully buff). 3rd row is single buff macro (without regen), a heal macro and 2 attack macros.

On the other side i decided to put genie skills on 2nd row- it sometimes saves a bit of travel when i'm already clicking on something else. Apoth pots on 3rd row and gear switches 4th row with chi building macro on the end.

I think like para i realised its quite tricky to actually press f7, f8, 7, 8, 9 as they're quite far from the movement buttons. He mapped them onto closer buttons whereas I mapped some of the extra buttons on my mouse to those keys.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4152/20110724202952.png

PVE set-up. I can't be arsed to just edit it to only show the hotkeys or put up my PVP set-up atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute