Harry Potter anyone?

Hanami - Raging Tide
Hanami - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 will be released in the US on Friday the 15, July 2011.

Who's going to go see it? b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Take a peep at my Screenshots Archive under Screenshots & Videos on the PWI Forum! :)
Post edited by Hanami - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    not me. ew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • elinurel
    elinurel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait to see it! It involves a great battle between witches and wizards, so I will definitely watch all those special effects and see what they come up with. I want to see some amazing spells!

But I really hope Part 2 is going to be better, honestly. I hated Part 1 with all my heart, it did... No justice to the book at all. It was just about raging hormones (teach the young people nowadays some self-control, duh) and how Hermione was suddenly so hot every character she met was drooling after her. So original... >_>

All that in a "wanted-to-be-gloomy" atmosphere. I hated the Horcrux destroying part. Did they really have to get them naked and touchy-touchy like that? And also, after Ron destroyed it, in the book Harry told him how he sees Hermione as nothing more but a sister and how she cried every night when Ron left and barely spoke to Harry at all. In the movie he just sat there shutting up like a scoundrel as if encouraging Ron's ideas about them to be true. :|

Anyway, about one actor in particular: something at Daniel definitely changed, and it's not the facial hair or the haircut... And he doesn't have wrinkles yet... It's just... His face looked odd, but can't place my finger on what exactly. He looked as if he suffered from severe anemia. They all looked in this movie as if they suffered from anemia, though. I should know better, I am anemic. ._. Is it a trend?

Alas... Can't wait to see Part 2, still! Hope they're marking it better!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I am definitely seeing it. In fact, there's a theater near where I live that's showing both part 1 and 2 back to back. That's what I'm doing. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I will be going to see it when i get the chance.
    Although, it will feel like a lil part of me is dying, because, like many of us here, I grew up with Harry Potter and seeing it end, regardless of what it is (just a fictional book/movie) is kinda heartbreaking. :'c
    Also elinurel, the horcurux part where Ron imagines Hermione and Harry naked and touching was in the book. I don't remember if the book said they were naked, but they were definitely shadow people trying to taunt Ron into killing them and not the Horcrux
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Harry.Potter.and.the.Deathly.Hallows.Part.2.2011.TS.XViD-IMAGiNE.avi will be dowloaded in a few minutes, I'll probably watch it tonight if I have time b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Although, it will feel like a lil part of me is dying, because, like many of us here, I grew up with Harry Potter and seeing it end, regardless of what it is (just a fictional book/movie) is kinda heartbreaking. :'c

+1 b:cry

Thus starts the beginning of rewatching every movie all at once once the dvd is relaeased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wife is going to see it with a friend of hers. Thankfully I get to escape.

When we went to see Transformers, I somehow convinced her friend that we were going to see Freddy vs. Harry. I'd so see that, provided Harry gets what's coming to him.

/ducks flying tomatoes
  • DDcaster - Heavens Tear
    DDcaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Saw midnight release :P

Only word that describes it:

EPIC.
    edited July 2011

EPIC.

I'm so excited, I'll prolly see it Monday or Thursday, depending on when my mum wants to go. I really can't wait! It looks so beast. (Tbh I hope it's dark like the last film, that one was really awesome imho. xDD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011

EPIC.

Understatement^

I'd call it an epic epic of epicly epic epicness.
    edited July 2011
    Understatement^

I'd call it an epic epic of epicly epic epicness.

rain , i did not take you as a HP fan. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    rain , i did not take you as a HP fan. :o

Are you kidding, I practically grew up with that scraggly haired little wizard as my hero D:

I even ...this is embarrasing to admit...but I kind of almost half expected to get a letter from Hogwarts In the summer btween 5th and 6th grade >.>
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Seeing it tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    blood: Sadly...the forum won't allow me to express the epicness the final movie is via an alt avi.....

So to put it in the simplest form possible....

EPIC.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hanami - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    blood: Sadly...the forum won't allow me to express the epicness the final movie is via an alt avi.....

So to put it in the simplest form possible....

EPIC.

Indeed. I saw it yesterday :D!

A great ending to the series. It also broke a record of having the highest gross (92 million?) on opening day! --beating Twilight :)

Sadly, Harry Potter will be missed dearly. T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Take a peep at my Screenshots Archive under Screenshots & Videos on the PWI Forum! :)
    edited July 2011
    Indeed. I saw it yesterday :D!

A great ending to the series. It also broke a record of having the highest gross (92 million?) on opening day! --beating Twilight :)

Sadly, Harry Potter will be missed dearly. T.T

Yea :( everyone I know is suffering from PHPS (Post Harry Potter Syndrome)
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yea :( everyone I know is suffering from PHPS (Post Harry Potter Syndrome)

I can agree with that....day after I saw the midnight release, and had to go into work....let's just say I nearly ripped a few people's skulls out cause I couldn't supress the anexity and rage I have towards a lot of human kind ~_~
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Haha, PHPS... yeah, I saw a few people crying in the theater. I was never particularly attached to the movies though, but I enjoyed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My childhood has come to an end!! b:cryb:cryb:cry

Note: it was EPICALLY AWESOMESAUCE SUPERUBER OP JELLY APPLEPIE YUMYUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • hopelessflight
    hopelessflight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You know I really didn't think the Deathly Hallows p2 was that great a movie tbh. I think the reactions to the HP films after they came out, especially this one, prove that there are really 3 types of Harry Potter watchers as it were - 4 counting those who never read the books.

You have the optimistic viewer who convinces themselves that that the films will meet the exectations endowed by a fantastic book series they enjoyed. As such the films have always met their expectations, moments of emotion have had them choked up and crying in the cinema etc. However, I feel that this is far more to do with a subconscious carrying around of the Books and their feelings than it is to do with the movies actually carrying off these moments well. That is unless these movies are supplemented by memories of the books and further more by an optimistic blindiside to the movies failure to meet the books standards.

Then you have the purists (many of the optimistic former are like to categorise me as such a purist) who want the movies to be 4 hours long and contain every last moment from the books within them. This is completely unfeasible, as every adaptation of a book illustrates, its just a fact that not every narrative element can be conducted well on film. Which is why Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets really suffer on film.

Finally, there are those book fans who simply wanted the films to be faithful adaptations. Now there is a difference between these and purists, because purists wish to see a transcription not an adaptation. This is why Half-Blood Prince is, put simply, terrible as a HP adaptation; the Burrow scene, the hangup on Hormonal dating (admittedly in the book, but not as prevalent), the handling of Ginny/Harry and so on and so forth. As a film, a standalone film, HBP is pretty good, it simply isn't a very good Harry Potter movie.

The two features of any book to movie adaptation, i.e how well it performs this adaptation, as well as it's own features as a movie, are inseprable and equally important. Which is why Prisoner of Azkaban remains the best movie of the lot, it works very well as a movie, and is the best adaptation because it gets the balance between what has to be cut and what should not be far better than the other movies.

That rant having been said, my biggest problem with this film was that it simply isn't that great an adaptation. It is in general an ok movie, better than the, 2, 4, 5 and 6th movies definitely, but as a movie it has serious pacing issues in that everything seems to go by extremely fast for a movie of its length. Personally I feel this is unforgiveable especially seeing as they already made the first half containing 3/4 of the book. This in itself resulted in serious adaptation issues, that is things move too fast for true emotion to really get across from the movie. Fred's death, Remus and Tonks' deaths these are done terrible justice in the movie. Even worse the Princes Tale (still arguably the movies best feature) isn't done justice at all, it simply moves to fast for any unawares audience to really feel it's all consuming importance, great as Alan Rickman has been in these films, he's never been given a chance to really illustrate his ability, this was it. In reality unless a movie goer watched this film with the books in mind, and with a optimistic view that they would not fail, alot of this movies emotional moments just wouldn't be very emotional, they wouldn't have worked on their own.

Sorry for this really message btw, probably a case of tl;dr for most.
    edited July 2011
    You know I really didn't think the Deathly Hallows p2 was that great a movie tbh. I think the reactions to the HP films after they came out, especially this one, prove that there are really 3 types of Harry Potter watchers as it were - 4 counting those who never read the books.

You have the optimistic viewer who convinces themselves that that the films will meet the exectations endowed by a fantastic book series they enjoyed. As such the films have always met their expectations, moments of emotion have had them choked up and crying in the cinema etc. However, I feel that this is far more to do with a subconscious carrying around of the Books and their feelings than it is to do with the movies actually carrying off these moments well. That is unless these movies are supplemented by memories of the books and further more by an optimistic blindiside to the movies failure to meet the books standards.

Then you have the purists (many of the optimistic former are like to categorise me as such a purist) who want the movies to be 4 hours long and contain every last moment from the books within them. This is completely unfeasible, as every adaptation of a book illustrates, its just a fact that not every narrative element can be conducted well on film. Which is why Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets really suffer on film.

Finally, there are those book fans who simply wanted the films to be faithful adaptations. Now there is a difference between these and purists, because purists wish to see a transcription not an adaptation. This is why Half-Blood Prince is, put simply, terrible as a HP adaptation; the Burrow scene, the hangup on Hormonal dating (admittedly in the book, but not as prevalent), the handling of Ginny/Harry and so on and so forth. As a film, a standalone film, HBP is pretty good, it simply isn't a very good Harry Potter movie.

The two features of any book to movie adaptation, i.e how well it performs this adaptation, as well as it's own features as a movie, are inseprable and equally important. Which is why Prisoner of Azkaban remains the best movie of the lot, it works very well as a movie, and is the best adaptation because it gets the balance between what has to be cut and what should not be far better than the other movies.

That rant having been said, my biggest problem with this film was that it simply isn't that great an adaptation. It is in general an ok movie, better than the, 2, 4, 5 and 6th movies definitely, but as a movie it has serious pacing issues in that everything seems to go by extremely fast for a movie of its length. Personally I feel this is unforgiveable especially seeing as they already made the first half containing 3/4 of the book. This in itself resulted in serious adaptation issues, that is things move too fast for true emotion to really get across from the movie. Fred's death, Remus and Tonks' deaths these are done terrible justice in the movie. Even worse the Princes Tale (still arguably the movies best feature) isn't done justice at all, it simply moves to fast for any unawares audience to really feel it's all consuming importance, great as Alan Rickman has been in these films, he's never been given a chance to really illustrate his ability, this was it. In reality unless a movie goer watched this film with the books in mind, and with a optimistic view that they would not fail, alot of this movies emotional moments just wouldn't be very emotional, they wouldn't have worked on their own.

Sorry for this really message btw, probably a case of tl;dr for most.

Have to disagree on that bit about Alan Rickman. In the time he was allotted to show Snape's and Lily Potter's relationship, he made a great impact. He did a great job at conveying all that emotion in such a condensed pack of scenes and I feel that's what made him so great in this movie especially. He didn't need all the time in the world to move the audience.
    Alan Rickman for best actor! >:D
  • hopelessflight
    hopelessflight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    While I am inclined to agree with your comments above about Alan Rickman (and I certainly agree he has been great as Snape, by far the best actor in the series) I still feel that the Princes Tale scenes were terribly cut down. A more faithful rendering of those scenes would just have provided Rickman with a greater amount of time in which to shine, as he would have done. I would love to see Rickman win a best actor Oscar for in recognition of his fantastic portrayal of Severus Snape, and I firmly believe that had the movies been more faithful to the source material (once again I'll stress I wouldn't have liked to have sen complete purist transcriptions) he would already have won one, at the very least have been nominated. As it is though I just cannot see him getting one, in part because I don't feel the Oscars will see fit to give the HP series anything but technical nods, but also because I just don't feel that that films creators (Yates and co) gave him enough time to shine - in this one or the others, HBP in particular.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I even ...this is embarrasing to admit...but I kind of almost half expected to get a letter from Hogwarts In the summer btween 5th and 6th grade >.>
    You know............................. I almost expected a letter as well....XD ahh dreams
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2011
    I saw it the other day twice.
    I can only say this.
    I am disappoint.

Why did Harry break the elder wand and throw it?
    In the book he repaired his old wand and put the elder wand back with dumbledore.
    What's he gonna use now, Draco's old wand?

/facedesk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valid123clicks
    valid123clicks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I saw this movie & this movie is awesome. I like this.

Visit Sarkari Naukri Search For Government Bank Exam and Daily Employment News
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I loved it b:thanks Especially Snape's memories b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hanami - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    I saw it the other day twice.
    I can only say this.
    I am disappoint.

Why did Harry break the elder wand and throw it?
    In the book he repaired his old wand and put the elder wand back with dumbledore.
    What's he gonna use now, Draco's old wand?

/facedesk

I know what you mean... but perhaps the filmmakers were conceiving that something so powerful shouldn't exist...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've seen a few of these movies and have never read the books. I have to say, I was not impressed at all. I found plot holes of all things! The movies were simply not good.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91