gt 240 and 275.33 driver issue

Options
TCHP - Lost City
TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Support Desk
I got this new xfx gt 240 ( gt-240x-yafc ) card. and the pwi game does strange thing.

I run the game in window mode, and when I change program like vent, spider player, opera ( so far ) I come back in the game and the graphic are all strange. To solve the problem I resize the window, log off the character and it kinda solve the problem. But I still find it strange that it makes those weird drawing.

If you have any idea what I can do more.

System :
Windows XP Pro SP3, latest update
nvidia driver 275.33
AMD x2 64 4800+ 3.2 gi RAM
Mobo Crosshair 1 ( 590 SLI )
Thermaltake active PSU 750W

What I have done :
Uninstall driver ( card, physX, update, HD audio ), Run ccleaner in the registry, installed force clean install of 275.33 driver, no HD audio.
Disable the HD audio in hardware tad.
Run anti-malware, spybot S&D, comodo anti virus, all clean.
Tried an other game, didn't produce the same effect.
Run bench mark to stress the video card, no problem there.

Here are the screen shot :
2011-07-17%2016-53-08.jpg
2011-07-17%2017-04-07.jpg
2011-07-17%2017-44-39.jpg
2011-07-17%2017-45-11.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TCHP - Lost City on

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    FWIW, I've been having pretty good luck with 275.50 Beta drivers. Just beware setting your graphics settings too high in any of the windowed modes. Not sure why there are issues, but sometimes there just are with that mode. b:sad

Usually leaving it knocked down a notch or two from the right for the overall settings fixes glitches I see. Good luck!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.50-beta-driver.html
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    installed 275.50 beta and the problem is still here, I also have problem whit windows blind 6.30 I'm guessing it's a opacity problem. But even if windows blinds run or not the game still does strange video effect. I added a few more to my collection of ss

I'm going to try the old UI and see if it solve the problem.

Edit

Just tried and it's the same, after switching a few window, the game texture becomes corrupted again.

here is the ini setting :
    [Info]
    card = NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
    driver = nv4_disp.dll
    version = 6.14.0012.7550
    vendor = 000010de
    deviceid = 00000ca3
    subsysid = 30031682
    guid = {D7B71E3E-4FE3-11CF-4C68-0F1003C2CB35}

[Video]
    Level = 0
    Sight = 3
    WaterEffect = 0
    SimpleTerrain = 1
    TreeDetail = 0
    GrassDetail = 0
    CloudDetail = 0
    Shadow = 0
    MipMapBias = 0
    FullGlow = 0
    SpaceWarp = 0
    SunFlare = 0
    AdvancedWaterUD = 0
    RenderWid = 1519
    RenderHei = 943
    TexDetail = 1
    SoundQuality = 0
    FullScreen = 0
    WideScreen = 0
    ScaleUI = 0
    VerticalSync = 0
    Gamma = 41

[Audio]
    SoundVol = 52
    MusicVol = 0

[UI]
    Theme = 0

I use to run most of the setting to 4 and had no problem before on both the gt 260 and 7950. ( Unfortunately they all died of heat problem ) I check this card it's not over heating.

1 more thing, during the tiger event tonight the teleport gave me a few texture corruption also and new strange thing. Lucky that a simple resolution change resolve the problem.

I run a verification of the game file and HD scan, no problem found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    new eye candy

no need for pot !

2011-07-18%2015-42-58.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    here is the ini setting :

Here's mine:
    [Info]
    card = NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    driver = nvd3dum.dll
    version = 8.17.0012.7550
    vendor = 000010de
    deviceid = 00000dc4
    subsysid = 14503842
    guid = {D7B71E3E-4E84-11CF-8C46-5C341FC2C535}

[Video]
    Level = 4
    Sight = 4
    WaterEffect = 2
    SimpleTerrain = 0
    TreeDetail = 4
    GrassDetail = 4
    CloudDetail = 4
    Shadow = 1
    MipMapBias = 1
    FullGlow = 1
    SpaceWarp = 1
    SunFlare = 1
    AdvancedWaterUD = 1
    RenderWid = 1440
    RenderHei = 900
    TexDetail = 0
    SoundQuality = 0
    FullScreen = 1
    WideScreen = 0
    ScaleUI = 1
    VerticalSync = 1
    Gamma = 37

[Audio]
    SoundVol = 71
    MusicVol = 45

[UI]
    Theme = 1

The big thing I notice that's different is that we're using a different driver dll. I can't help but think that's because you're using a low-end 240 and I'm using a mid-range 450.

I really wish I knew more about what could be wrong. :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • XxKarleyxx - Lost City
    XxKarleyxx - Lost City Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Woah TCHP, hope you figure it out. I have a NVIDIA GeForce and never seen anything like that before.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Woah TCHP, hope you figure it out. I have a NVIDIA GeForce and never seen anything like that before.

IKR. b:shocked Best I've done is the underside of Archosaur (see my thread about that!)! b:laugh

But yeah, lacking any input from PWE, I'll do my best to help... b:surrender I just can't think of anything useful right now...

(BTW, Karley, thanks for coming this morning. We took the wrong path apparently and you left at the end anyhow. No one got anything useful done in there. b:cry)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Try rolling back your drivers and don't use the beta ones for now.

Any kind of program shell that changes the looks of Windows can cause problems, like WindowsBlinds. Make sure that you are not overclocking anything on your system. Check that your PC is not overheating.

If you are forcing any nVidia settings in the control panel, turn them off.

You can try running Verify on the game launcher or reinstall the game.

When you install the newer/different drivers, try uninstalling the current ones first.

You can try updating DirectX after a driver update.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options

Any kind of program shell that changes the looks of Windows can cause problems, like WindowsBlinds. Make sure that you are not overclocking anything on your system. Check that your PC is not overheating.

When you install the newer/different drivers, try uninstalling the current ones first.

You can try updating DirectX after a driver update.

I'll retry some of these when the server is back on. Has for windows blinds, the game does it whit or whitout it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options

removed beta 275.5 run reg cleaner, install 275.33 again same problem, started over this time I went way back to 197.45 I remember that driver from a previous update I made and it used to work fine. Well same problem. But this driver add some random snow like pixel in the rendering. So I'll go back to 270.61 and reinstall the game later

disable windows blinds, did not change any thing. Not overclock, Water cool CPU runs at 50 c for a AMD 64 x2 4800+ it's normal. I can touch the video card heat sink while rendering the game. I don't think it's overheating.

I put it on application control, I still get the problem.

Already did that, will reinstall soon !

I always do and run a registry cleaner in between and reboot after uninstall, cleaner and install

You can try updating DirectX after a driver update

DirectX is part of windows SP3, if you google you can find poor tool that remove the directX but they don'T I tryed. Also Microsft support state that DirectX can'T be removed. So in my last resort I'll try a full xp reinstall

I'll post 2 more SS later I'm tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IKR. b:shocked Best I've done is the underside of Archosaur (see my thread about that!)! b:laugh

But yeah, lacking any input from PWE, I'll do my best to help... b:surrender I just can't think of anything useful right now...

(BTW, Karley, thanks for coming this morning. We took the wrong path apparently and you left at the end anyhow. No one got anything useful done in there. b:cry)

Check this SS of plume city !!

Plume city
    Plume city recluse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Now whit driver 270.61 and reinstall the game, I got less problem but I still got the same problem.

I will download a full version of the most recent game and try this again. Maybe my install is corrupt, but verify don't find anything.

I also run memtest all night and got no error. So 1 less thing to check at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ok what OS are you running and is it 32 or 64-bit?

the current Nvidia driver version (stable) is 275.33

When you install it, select Advanced Options, and then select "Perform Clean Install"

After it finishes, shut off the computer. Remove all power sources. Then hold the power button for one full minute. Reconnect power, boot, wait 5 minutes, and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ok what OS are you running and is it 32 or 64-bit?

the current Nvidia driver version (stable) is 275.33

When you install it, select Advanced Options, and then select "Perform Clean Install"

After it finishes, shut off the computer. Remove all power sources. Then hold the power button for one full minute. Reconnect power, boot, wait 5 minutes, and try again.

32 bit version.
    275.33 were more unstable. So I tried 4 different version of the drive. And that one was the last and I'm pretty tired of changing driver since none resolve the problem. And yes I did both clean install etc.

And what makes you think discharging my computer is going to solve the problem, just wondering what is your reasoning on that. I will try it ! But I still want to know what it's going to do b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2011
    Options
    32 bit version.
    275.33 were more unstable. So I tried 4 different version of the drive. And that one was the last and I'm pretty tired of changing driver since none resolve the problem. And yes I did both clean install etc.

And what makes you think discharging my computer is going to solve the problem, just wondering what is your reasoning on that. I will try it ! But I still want to know what it's going to do b:puzzled

ok I haven't had any stability issues with that version, and it actually made some mice framerate improvements with the client for me.

Also, flushing the power out of your system, while it seems pointless, it can actually resolve a lot of issues, especially with drivers. Just rebooting or turning off your system does not clear the ram, and the trickle of power on the motherboard can keep artifacts active in both the system and in your video card.

Because of this, it is recommended to do a hard boot whenever you update drivers or firmware. Because of the memory leak in the launcher and client, (which will not likely ever be fixed), I do it after every update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will give a try to you trick an other time. I went back to the 275.33 driver. But I still got a few problem like the ones I had before.

I submitted a ticket to the xfx forum also. They recommend I take the card in an other PC. Witch I will do during the week end.

So far I see no solution to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok so I tried your trick a few times, nothing changed. Then I got the video card in an other PC like XFX susjested and I got the same gfx problem whit the same driver this time in windows 32bit home Fr. Reinstalled my computer OS Still have the problem.

So I'm thinking the vid card is the problem, I'll move this info to there support. I still find it strange that only PWI client makes me problem whit the card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]