Room 38 in the Cube

Rhyme - Harshlands
Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
So at 2pm eastern i decided to try to get room 38 of the cube of fate for an important cultivation.

I just now got out of the cube. 8 hours later. 322 Dice tickets later. 4.3m coins later.

Wanna know why i got out now? I asked a GM for help because there is obviously to much work being put into a culti and wondering if i could get compensated.

The GM pm's me and asks if im stuck. He doesn't say his name so i can pm him back. He ask i want to be teleported. I can't respond. I was in the bored room waiting for my die (room 32) i roll a six. And before i click it i world chat many times trying to tell the GM to not teleport me. He still does.

I submitted a ticket and hopefully the GM will put me back in room 38.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the room?
By the way that was the first time i got to room 38.
Post edited by Rhyme - Harshlands on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got 38 almost every day in Cube. When I had the cultivation it took me about a week till I got it again. I did town portal to Room 1 upon hitting 50 once but that was about it. I wasn't in a huge rush to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yep when you need it for culti you don't get to 38, when you want to pass the cube quickly at 5am in the morning you almost certainly will hit most of these rooms:14,32,34,38,44,45. Dunno if it's true ... b:chuckle
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So at 2pm eastern i decided to try to get room 38 of the cube of fate for an important cultivation.

I just now got out of the cube. 8 hours later. 322 Dice tickets later. 4.3m coins later.

Wanna know why i got out now? I asked a GM for help because there is obviously to much work being put into a culti and wondering if i could get compensated.

The GM pm's me and asks if im stuck. He doesn't say his name so i can pm him back. He ask i want to be teleported. I can't respond. I was in the bored room waiting for my die (room 32) i roll a six. And before i click it i world chat many times trying to tell the GM to not teleport me. He still does.

I submitted a ticket and hopefully the GM will put me back in room 38.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the room?
    By the way that was the first time i got to room 38.

Honestly, I don't understand this. Culti or not, dumping that many dice tickets to get into that room is a real DERP moment. 8 hours?

You know, after I take 3 trips back to the lobby, I quit and relax and go back the next day. It'll be open again the next day.

Is there nothing else to do on the server for you besides blowing 8 hours on that?

RedMenace

\shakes head sadly
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Mlke - Lost City
    Mlke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i been in cube for 15 hours and i havnt got room 38 once, this cultivation needs alternative, i submit ticket and gms wont reply, i try live chat and it says gms busy, i try wc and noobs pm me pretending to be gms, rq
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i been in cube for 15 hours and i havnt got room 38 once, this cultivation needs alternative, i submit ticket and gms wont reply, i try live chat and it says gms busy, i try wc and noobs pm me pretending to be gms, rq

Just do the cube normaly every day, in a week or so you'll get room 38.
    Not like you HAVE to do it right now or the quest will fail
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mlke - Lost City
    Mlke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    3rd fairy cultivation is long as hell, after doing it for like 2 days then getting stuck on cube? wtf is up with that, i bought a celestial mold and 200 mirage, i dont think cultivation should be based on luck, there should be an alternative (Killing a boss or getting to cube room 50, etc), or at least an npc that i can pay 100k or sumthing and they teleport me to room 38, cuz ive been doin cube for an extremely long time and havnt got room 38 once, and ive herd room 38 is hard if there was an npc they could teleport us there for like 100k at least id be able to get sum practic at the room, and besides ive done cube enough times in these last 2 days that it could make up for 2 weeks of daily cube, culti based on luck is freaking dumb, players can get banned for preventing people from finishing cultivation, but im being prevented by what? there should be an alternative, i play this game to hav fun not be stuck in cube 24/7
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Epic necro, but yeah, the room 38 chrono quest is not that difficult and certainly not that long compared to the entire chrono quest chain itself. The way luck works is sometimes you make it into 38, sometimes you die before, sometimes you roll past it (usually happens to me), but that's the way it is. The days I did chrono room 38 I bought teleport stones, a lot of dice tix, do-alls, and prepared myself for a long run through the cube. Sometimes I got it in a few attempts, sometimes it took me all day. Some just do cube day by day and when they hit 38 they just run to the other side of Dragon Gate EX and voila. If you wanted a GM to complete this quest for you on the grounds that others are talking about in GD that you have to face a PVP fight on a PVE server, I can understand, however, just because the chrono chain is long? That's incredibly lazy. Room 38 chrono quest is but a very very small spec upon the entire chrono chain, and for most people the more difficult and time-taking chrono quests are the 3-2/3-3 and full rebirth quest, not to mention the full rebirth for cultivation after the full chrono rebirth to open moonshade.
  • martinw123
    martinw123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i wouldnt spent 8 hours in there nor do i ever get lucky enough to be able to reset that much
    i never seen the room called 38...
    in my years of playing i have several high lvl chars none of them ever seen the room
    none of the mfinished the culti i try every day stil with my seeker atm

everyday til i cant retry anymore so i cant die or tele

luck in character progression is just plain wrong and dont belong there
    cube shoulda been taken out or garanteed to get there duo the quest
    and no i dont mean itll give you free cube run i mean u get quest to room 38 and 38 alone and back out no need for stamp or cube run to do it

u say it dont take long ?
    i have never even seen the room yet and i play over 1 and half year...
    others taking months aswel and there people doing it in 1 day

that u got it easy just makes u lucky
    wich as i said shouldnt be in char progression, luck in char progression is just wrong if i worked at a game magazine and had to rate this knowing that i would give it lowest rating possible
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    martinw123 wrote: »
    i wouldnt spent 8 hours in there nor do i ever get lucky enough to be able to reset that much
    i never seen the room called 38...
    in my years of playing i have several high lvl chars none of them ever seen the room
    none of the mfinished the culti i try every day stil with my seeker atm

everyday til i cant retry anymore so i cant die or tele

luck in character progression is just plain wrong and dont belong there
    cube shoulda been taken out or garanteed to get there duo the quest
    and no i dont mean itll give you free cube run i mean u get quest to room 38 and 38 alone and back out no need for stamp or cube run to do it

u say it dont take long ?
    i have never even seen the room yet and i play over 1 and half year...
    others taking months aswel and there people doing it in 1 day

that u got it easy just makes u lucky
    wich as i said shouldnt be in char progression, luck in char progression is just wrong if i worked at a game magazine and had to rate this knowing that i would give it lowest rating possible

Congratz on the necro.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Congratz on the necro.

really? is necro not defined as a month?

well either case, if the mods didn't notice the first time......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't get this community. If you make a thread about a topic that has been talked about already they will yell at you "USE SEARCH FUNCTION NO0B!" OK, so then you use the search function, and post in one appropriate topic. You will get : "NICE NECRO, CONGRATZ!"

In my opinion a necro topic shouldn't be measured on the date it was created, it should be measured on the relevance of the topic today. For example, if someone post on a on thread from the year 2009 complaining about venos being op, that really is a necro because the topic is not relevant today. Notice I considered my example a necro just because it's not relevant anymore, not because is from the year 2009.

IJS

P.S. Mike, just do cube normally aiming for room 50. Someday in the way from room 1 to 50 you will get room 38. It's not like there is a time limit. Patience is a great virtue.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't get this community. If you make a thread about a topic that has been talked about already they will yell at you "USE SEARCH FUNCTION NO0B!" OK, so then you use the search function, and post in one appropriate topic. You will get : "NICE NECRO, CONGRATZ!"

In my opinion a necro topic shouldn't be measured on the date it was created, it should be measured on the relevance of the topic today. For example, if someone post on a on thread from the year 2009 complaining about venos being op, that really is a necro because the topic is not relevant today. Notice I considered my example a necro just because it's not relevant anymore, not because is from the year 2009.

IJS

P.S. Mike, just do cube normally aiming for room 50. Someday in the way from room 1 to 50 you will get room 38. It's not like there is a time limit. Patience is a great virtue.
    Soooooooooooooooo true I hate it when topics that still have relevance today are closed because they were posted 3-4 months earlier. Who cares how old the post is if it still has meaning?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
This discussion has been closed.