Tutorial Request Kyna ;O

Deceptistar - Sanctuary
Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
edited July 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
Id like to request if Kyna can do a tutorial for her coloring methods, if shes ever free, that is. programs, colors, brushes, order, you know like the kind they have on the net >>

id like to learn how to color properly and im wondering how you do yours >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
Post edited by Deceptistar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yanou - Heavens Tear
    Yanou - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    -Double request-

I have intermediate skills on GIMP, but I want to know how Kyna hacks photoshop and makes it pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to be drawn like a French girl too? Head over to the Fanart Forum and drop your screenies on the PW Colouring Book Resource thread. Inspire an artist and get drawn, it's a win-win situation.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    o.o wow I feel loved... lol

I suppose I can try to put something together, I did a Q and A a while back but some of my preferences have changed since then xD We'll see. I'll definitely have more time to throw something together when I get my new computer. b:surrender I'll admit, I'm a bit hard to follow... I do have a livestream channel with videos saved to it if anyone cares to take a look xD or tolerate my taste in music.

http://livestream.com/rikaflare <--- there it is!

It doesn't give you my brush preferences xD but it does give you a good look at how I lay down color. I also warn you that it's not a time lapse xD so skipping through some of it would probably be a good idea since I take my dear sweet time. Of all the recordings I have there "Princess Mononoke" is probably the most complete ----> http://www.livestream.com/rikaflare/video?clipId=pla_952d30d3-fa82-4c4c-b1b0-33efb393fdac&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb You'll have to skip past all of my setting up rituals tho xD (Skip to 9 minutes in the first recording, that's where it really starts O.o I really wish I could edit these...)

I'll have to do a proper tutorial when I get the chance xD if it's possible. I'm so disorganized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • sparklyee
    sparklyee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Imo, I think it's better to just play around with Photoshop and GIMP - don't be afraid to try random effects/coloring/brushes etc.

I know people tend to want to see how a certain style/sig is done but I think that just ruins the originality in it.

Play off the tutorial - don't copy it 100% and if you can do that, you're on your way to build your own style. :]
    Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?
  • limeball
    limeball Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've been playing around for GIMP for eons and only have just managed to start to get a bit closer to Photoshop like effects recently. I'm a self taught artist, but self taught is generally slower progress. I simply wanted an insight into Kyna's techniques since I'm technologically challenged, not implying I wouldn't build off my own custom style, which is exactly what I would have done regardless.

(Previously Yanou.)
    Previously known as:
    Reikara - Lv. 94 HA/AA Venomancer
    Limeball - Lv. 80 Assassin

Quit and came back.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have a weird way of learning lol >.> up until highschool i use to draw draw draw. After that my method changed and i would just STARE and drawings, sketch it in my head, hold an imaginary pencil and wiggle around my fingers.
    Same for colors >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    i have a weird way of learning lol >.> up until highschool i use to draw draw draw. After that my method changed and i would just STARE and drawings, sketch it in my head, hold an imaginary pencil and wiggle around my fingers.
    Same for colors >.<

See, I can picture what I want to end up with, down to the minute little details. Executing said image? Not so much.b:sad
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    See, I can picture what I want to end up with, down to the minute little details. Executing said image? Not so much.b:sad

Kritty, i'm totally the opposit, i just make up as i go, and i usually end up with something... intresting.
    Or, i forget interly what character i was doing and just go for it (then remeber what char i was doing and scrap it -.-')
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)