canneling over atk level ?

Manostra - Harshlands
Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
My main motivation for a 2. nirvana recast on my weapon was the 20 attack level stat. But as i runned out of raptures for more atempts to get it i was stuck on a -10% channeling stat.

On my last full gv and in some other situations i found it so freaking awesome that 10% made the difference between life and death. My gear is pretty much done expect sockets and if i go for the 20 attack level i would still have 31% channeling but 41% is really awesome.

Considering this cleric is used for rpk and still failing HARD to murder r9 archer due the leak of damage to burst them down , what would you go for, the attack level or the channeling ? (R9 is no option this build is set to be working on other charakters aswell for example wizzard due account stash trade and r9 is charakter bound wich is way to greedy from pwi for my personal tastes)

Current state of build :
http://pwcalc.com/a3205fdc4c959802

I was also considering going narly full nirvana set expect the cape but i would surrender so much good stats for that 10 def level i really dont know if the set bonus and the slightly more hp are compensating this.

how would you proceed if that where your toon ?
I hate Room 38
Post edited by Manostra - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i would use link from my siggy

and for pk 20 att. lvl >10% channel

but for rest (you are cleric after all) attack levels dont matter.
    up to u
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think you're fine mostly. The -chan on the weapon is nice but you have decent -chan already so I would definitely recast to get the att level (hopefully some crit as well!)

I like you gear and its all +10 as well so if it was me i'd just be thinking about getting good shards rather than having to replace 3 gears for a not huge benefit.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly, you should probably work on changing the shards in your armor to give you better survivability first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the Para-hira twins are still at it ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ok, I have no idea if the weapon is possible. Lol.
    http://pwcalc.com/34c683bddb0213ad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lizrau wrote: »

Nope, since +3 crit and +20 attk lvl are both unique adds. Would be nice, though :3

Hi Decep! Haven't seen you in ages :D

To the OP: I'd recast since I'd much prefer +20 attk level over -10 chan (esp when you'll still have -31 after a recast) and you can hopefully get something better on that other than +19 dex :p
    Also, not really worth it to get the +10 def level imo if you have the OVS boots and SoT cape. Also, and sadly, the TT99 niry boots refine identically to the OVS shoes (not sure why, but always bothered me)...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    lizrau wrote: »

Gimmes! =O

Wha? lol b:surprised
    --Retired--

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    harr Decus

@OP
    basiclly its either channeling fast and getting more hits/first hits in or a higher dmg right? Say if u can put in money to get a gold genie youd probably be able to buy yourself some dfense and 'runaway' times. If u can kite alot, which personally do u think u can afford to sacrifice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    harr Decus

@OP
    basiclly its either channeling fast and getting more hits/first hits in or a higher dmg right? Say if u can put in money to get a gold genie youd probably be able to buy yourself some dfense and 'runaway' times. If u can kite alot, which personally do u think u can afford to sacrifice?

Its harder to equate -chan to attack levels when you're using attack skills as you do frequently get limited by cooldown times. But even using a very inaccurate example : cyclone 1 second cast so -10% chan = 0.1 seconds :: i.e more than 10 attacks needed to save enough time for the extra hit, compared to +20 attack level which is effectively an extra hit every 5 attacks. (again just a quick comparison and not meant to be accurate)

I like the investing in a good genie idea so definitely look at that! I didnt tend to kite much during rpk though- this might be different for OP perhaps. b:puzzled
    --Retired--

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    im getting 5 nirvy pieces just for the defense lvls. i dont believe in attack lvls in tw if all im gonna be doing is healing. I dont pew pew in tw i keep my squad alive or try to. my end game build will have 27% channel which is enough for me.
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    channeling is a stronger bonus for EPs in nearly every situation, possible exception of solo pvp.