Do you love your cleric and why?

Options
QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear
QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Cleric
Do you love your cleric? Why?

For me, I think I like being the reason why the squad is alive. I enjoy healing and hearing compliments from people telling me that I'm awesome at my job.

I love making friends with everyone and having my FL grow exponentially. Sure there are the random haters and flamers who call me fail for their mistakes, but being a cleric is pretty awesome. I love my QueenOfNukes.

What about chuuu? :P
"Beware of the Queen, she'll nuke our heads off if we don't listen to her. b:surrender" - Devereaux

QueenOfNukes was created on 16th June 2011.
Post edited by QueenOfNukes - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    YES, I love her simply because:

- She's pretty lol
    - She's my first toon
    - She's a bada.ss
    - Can do anything in a squad ( apart from tanking some bosses)
    - She can let people dieb:cute
    - She isn't OP in pvp so I feel good when I manage to kill people lmao
    - Cheap to play :o
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont lvl my cleric fast , i wait till i get the ornaments and stuff i want for him cause i want him to be a healing/dmg beast. However.

I always find squads , and sometimes they act like im a god who fell on earth xD
    Im usefull to a squad and my faction ( When on archer i hate those Moments * Sure if u find squad , ill come as DD* , When some1 needs help i rush to give a hand.
    I can do a lot of things , grind endlessly (yeah for MP recovery gear) , Deal a lot of dmg , debuff ( ok i suck at this , i need to lvl those seals lmao), and i heal

oh and im a damn sexy pixel pimp b:cuteb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No. I hate her. It has nothing to do with the myself rather than with clerics i met lately. I seriously start to hate this class in general. I think if i meet another AOE-spamming-*****, without brain...i might just freaking go to gube for 24/7 to kill only Clerics. Killed today 2 just cause i felt like it.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like my cleric. The reasons are:

*She was my first character.
    *She could fly from the beginning.
    *Its easy to make friends, and get in squads with her.
    *I like buffing & healing other players, especially visiting the newbie village to buff them.
    *Lots of my friends are on her FL.
    *She's just fun and enjoyable to play with in general...yes she's still kind of squishy, but I'm learning to work around that...so she's dying a lot less.
    *She's my favorite character.
    *Repairs are relatively inexpensive in relation to other classes.
    *Aside from more physical defense, if there was a way that she could learn pet heal, and pet revive, thenn take my veno's pet, she'd be my undisputed favorite. (Right now, my favoritism shifts btwn my cleric and my venomancer. Lol).
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have Rose here (retired) and my re-rolled Main is a 103 Cleric...both Sage.

The class is INSANELY versatile and there really is not much that I cannot do on my own, including tanking all bosses for my culti. People seem to underestimate what a Cleric can really do when you KNOW your class and its potential. b:cute

I am however VERY disappointed in more recent Clerics, for many reasons and I am sure some of you can relate b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my cleric.. Even if sometimes im bored.. really bored and have nothing to do, i still like to play her :) Besides she's my first first first toon *in fact i have some stat just a bit messed xD* and i love to get in squad easy. Oh and HEALING.. i really cant play a toon which hasnt healing skills u.u
    Anyway i agree with some of you who are complaining about new clerics.. Buah too much power leveling :S
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    3 of my 4 toons are mages. I love being able to boost their DD with Arcane Empowerment, s.Magic Shell, and Elemental Seal. Dual boxing with my other account I can experiment on bosses and stuff and use s.Revive to recover. Even though my sin doesn't need it: Purify is awesome.

Although many think Heaven's Wrath isn't good for demon melee: I think they might just be silly. Why don't they use the chi for things like Subsea Strike, Penetrate Armor, Armageddon, Heaven's Flame, etc instead of wasting time erupting?
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I quit my cleric, started a sin, then quit my sin because other clerics **** me off. So I came back to my cleric.

If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself...

I only like it because it seems to be the only cleric that knows how to heal someone without having to spam chrom healing beam...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I quit my cleric, started a sin, then quit my sin because other clerics **** me off. So I came back to my cleric.

If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself...

I only like it because it seems to be the only cleric that knows how to heal someone without having to spam chrom healing beam...

^again what he said.

I just dont want to go back to my Cleric. i honestly like my veno more, cause i rarely need other cleric :D
    Every time i join a squad and see channel gear and ornaments on cleric...i die instantly like 10 times inside, knowing this squad will be fail (99% it is).
    Appearently you need this channel gear lately cause its the only way some of us survive only with AOE heals >.>
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love playing cleric for many reasons. i love being a support class who can debuff and heal while still being able to dish out decent damage. I even feel that clerics are good tanks sometimes since their epic heals can make them withstand most magic bosses and many phys bosses(plume shell ftw).

And i love grinding on cleric since all i need are mp pots and i can grind for as long as i like since i always carry many and they're cheap.(on sin on the other hand, always have to worry about hp when constant grinding)

And i love the experiences that u feel after accomplishing something in a squad on a cleric. Even though i feel like a nub at some things, i still feel a sense of worth as a cleric and always feel loved.<3

The way i see it, there are many heavy dds out there (bms, sins,barbs,archers) who become 3aps+ and so its best to BB when u get to bosses ofc. But when there are bosses that interupt BB a lot or even just a little, clerics will sometimes have trouble choosing who to IH/wellspring/stream.

Thus imo, sometimes its best to AOE chromatic heal where there are 3+DD/tankss in squad (If can't BB due to many interupts or even just a few ) since its not always obvious who will take aggro. And then after some chromes, u can IH and Wellspring when u see the general pattern on who takes aggro.Ofc, the channeling of the cleric has to be decent enough (18%-27%) to not risk a few deaths from such a maneuver.

If there are 1-2 DD melees that act as tanks, then alternating heals between them both would be beneficial while doing whatever. However, in some cases, (depending on how many DD's there are), AOE chomatic heal can be useful even when the whole squad is not getting affected in an obvious way.

srry if that sounded confusing or noobish.>.<
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my Cleric because others love me. I did my best to be known as a 'good Cleric' and I'm pretty proud of it. I love helping and healing, it is more fun than mindless DDing. :P
  • Pirundirune - Heavens Tear
    Pirundirune - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well she was my first character, so I made sure to learn the class and the game from head to toe. I love to heal people too. In all of the games I've played, I've played a healing class, minus ******** where I'm a tank. I don't feel like forming sentences now, so here's a list:
    - Always wanted in squads is a major plus.
    - Magic mobs can hardly lay a scratch on me.
    - I can tank any dungeon that's below Wraithgate.
    - We have the most skills in the game, period.
    - The variety of damage we can output. It's not as varied as a wizzy, but we can do both physical and magical, making us pretty good at pvp if built right.
    - Both sage and demon skills are pretty good.
    - Playing a cleric means that you have to constantly watch your own back along with all of your squad members, which is very exciting!

I can list plenty more, but I can't exactly think of them right now...
  • _karina - Lost City
    _karina - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my cleric but in moments is boring all ppl need the cleric but in pvp I have problems and all ppl think cleric cant pk. Healing in bh hh etc is nice clerics look nice when try to pvp :o
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You want sh*t done, you gotta do it yourself. That's why I'm cleric.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes.
    Why?
    One word: multitasking
  • mssabin49
    mssabin49 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Been playing for over 3 years. Though I've played every other class to upper levels, I keep coming back to my clerics (I have a 3 upper level clerics and one I'm working on now that's level 45). The reason I love clerics, especially now, is because I distrust random squads and I can solo most everything with a cleric (exept some instances and a few phys bosses). I like the self-sufficiency that playing a cleric allows me.

My clerics are all pure magic currently, and since I've been playing so long and never sell gear, my current active cleric has the best of everything; well-sharded armor and weapons, with high refinement on higher-level gear. She will be a powerhouse for supporting squads and offensively, when soloing. And, yes, I go for max reduction in channeling time, which always gets higher priority than hit points.

I'm an 'old school' player, meaning I don't bb unless it's absolutely necessary, and I don't do mindless squad heals. I'm also a big-time herb farmer, which means I have plenty of speed enhancers and hp/mp generators. I'm usually in high demand for FCC because I can keep up with my barbs when doing pulls and pride myself in being spot on with bb's for the big pulls. And being pure magic (with great MAG tomes and weapons), my bb is potent when I do use it.

Normally, I don't add any offensive skills, except plume shot and cyclone, until about level 55. My spirit points all go to healing, buffs, purify, and rez. Still, I'm more than potent with just these two offensive skills.

I take much pride in being a competent cleric, and because I've played all the other classes to higher levels, I understand their capabilities and limitations, and can play my clerics to compliment the other classes.

If all this sounds like a brag, I don't mean it that way at all; rather, I hope I'm only an example of what a lot of good clerics feel about their game play.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i love my cleric, caus we hold ppl's life in our hands ;D well lesser nows with all the bp ****

i thought at start it was very fun but now after more then 2yrs starting to get boring but yes.. i get pissy too when i play on my bm and have a bad cleric in squad ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I do love my cleric, it's the first real class I had fun playing on this game. I remember, my first ever char was an archer, and I saw a cleric using plume shot...I thought it was way more epic than my little bow and arrows. So I switched over. And played a cleric until rl made me quit for a while.

Now, this is my second cleric, and my first time going full magic. I love being able to solo grind when I want to, and keep people alive when I need to. I'm a noob to powerleveling, so I much rather prefer to practice my skills on the long grind. It's slower, but more fun to me. Helps with coin, too.

Instead of spamming Chromatic (which is my least favorite heal), I...spam purify on everyone that's poisoned/bleeding/manadrained...b:surrender At least peing a purispammer is more beneficial to the squad than spamming that slow aoe heal when it's not needed.

I have what I call a cleric complex. The instinct to heal is just...crazy. <_< So many times I'll be on my veno, for example, and someone in the squad needs purify or heal, and I'll start trying to do it myself...only to realize I'm not on my cleric |D

tbh, Cleric is my favorite class to play, and will always be. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love being a cleric because :
    1)Rocks in Cube of Fate - advantage in 100 sec last rooms, in pk rooms (i use nasty trick with middle ball, helps a lot), also becomes useful in some advanced rooms.
    2)Best for aoe-grind - show me class which is able to tank 30-45 mobs at once and oneshot them. Im having lot of fun doing it and also lot of cash and dq points.
    3)Easy to find a squad - yea, good Mystics can replace us in many dungeons, but it doesnt make clerics useless, we are still needed and wanted
    4)Easy to make friends - everyone likes when they get help with their stuff or get rez without exp loss
    5)Ability to solo almost everything if played correctly
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my cleric... because I can log him on my laptop to res my veno if I **** up. And ofcourse, buffs b:chuckle

Lots of memories with this character since it's my first (and I still post with it), but only being able to do as many things as you can find a squad for (that are worth doing anyway) started getting on my nerves.

I could always easily get into FF/BH squads as a cleric, but most of the time I just didn't feel like putting up with a full (fail) squad, and with a lack of many alternatives (AoEing spiders all day isn't quite that fun either) to spend my time I just started doing less and less... and then I made a veno and bought it a herc & nix. Probably the best decision I've ever made in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RayofLove - Dreamweaver
    RayofLove - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my cleric because I enjoy helping people in this game(main reason) and because she is so versatile.

I press a button, she channels a flashy light, and then from the heavens come the blessing of healing. I press another button, all negativie status effects are gone. I press a couple of other buttons and you are better equipped in defense and attack (well attack for the arcane). It is easy to get in squads because alot requires a cleric, were like always in high demand as I see. I say we need a vacation :) lol jk

Also I do some pretty good damage. I've been duoing fc's with a friend (who is a sin) and I clear the halls on my own no problems at all. I get my dosage of being supportive, but I also get my dosage of kicking butt. When there is a high defense mob, you've got your magic. When there is a high magic resistance mob, you have your physical attacks. Were not as limited as some of the other classes. There isnt more to ask for in that kind of char.
  • AngelOf_Dusk - Lost City
    AngelOf_Dusk - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my Cleric, because:

It's the first character I made in Pw, and she always been my main.
    I like how she looks like.
    It's fun knowing people need me, and I do enjoy hearing others say about what great job I'm going. Though. Sometimes being needed becomes annoying, when people are desperate for some help, and you are sick of doing charity work, as you're too nice to ask for money in exchange of your services. Also, it can be really annoying to see how some people that do not know how to play their classes are throwing the blame on Clerics for their deaths. Example: Healing in NV is NOT easy if the squad is squishy, and people throwing blame on you because of some 100 Assassin with 5k rep and molded 7x armor and HH80 daggers got two shoted by a boss.
    I'm a Demon cleric, and I always enjoyed PVPing. If someone kills me I won't stop trying untill I kill them back. I am usually charmed, yes, but, oh well, I'm a cleric, I need that for Pvping, especially against melee classes :D
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My cleric is my favorite for many reasons. I know how to play her well and I enjoy doing so. I, however, am half-retiring her from TW soon so I can play my psychic in TW QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i like that all DDs happy faces, when they can mess around in instances, where i heal
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i like saying "I told u so"

then ress sorry butts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I Like my cleric because it was the first character i made and the only class im really good atb:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my clerics. Both this one and the up-and-coming 59 buff monkey.

Why? Because dealing with Prima Donna clerics who think they're a god or something sucks. b:lipcurl

Oh...that and because Clerics as a class are awesome. b:victory
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love my cleric cause she has leverage. I love keeping people alive and i can even be a lazy cleric and lie down while i play since its so simple to heal when you have the hang of it. i just hate that we are squishy and slow. with good gear we wont be squishy but the speed is anoying
  • kclight89
    kclight89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes I love my cleric. For the most part he's perfect within a squad (Despite the fact he's only doing the healing; which i much rather do than dd most of the time) as well between my closest friends I'm the only cleric among them so it's fun :)
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I love the clerics as long as they dont heal sins when they steal my aggro(on my bm) and as long as the cleric understands that BB isnt the answer to every situation (at this lvl range)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her