Which boss should we spawn for PW Tournament

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think any of the bosses we currently have in PWI are though enough to show real skill.
    Harpy wraith can already be solo'd by a sin, for example.

I'd like to see something that canot possibly be solo'd by anyone.
    Something with enough defences and HP to take 15 minutes to be killed with max APS, with bufs and debufes from all the most feared TT3-3 bosses combined (5aps from steelation, purge,stun,amp, ect from Giant Beast, selfbuf from armagadon, the whole lot), and AoE seal's from Nirvana bosses. And I almost forgot the axe Debuf from Fragrance in FC

Also the AoE Bubble from the water boss in Warsong would be a nice touch.

Make it a real challange
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jeez does it matter which boss it is? It's about pvp here remember? Killing a boss shows 0 pvp knowledge.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jeez does it matter which boss it is? It's about pvp here remember? Killing a boss shows 0 pvp knowledge.

Boss is not about PvP.

It is about PvE.

PvP is before boss.

In case you missed it, we're holding major pvp tournaments on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On each server, after the arena free-for-all, the last team standing will face a PWI boss. The team with the best time across all servers will win the whole thing.

So we wanted to hear your opinions - which boss should we spawn for this timed event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know this. I'm saying that if u spawn kunkun, harpy, the devastator, idc which boss, it doesn't matter cuz it has nothing to do with pvp.
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know this. I'm saying that if u spawn kunkun, harpy, the devastator, idc which boss, it doesn't matter cuz it has nothing to do with pvp.

you say that cause KunKun own'd you like 50 times last week.
  • mrrlove
    mrrlove Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There is no challenge till now with any boss for me LOL

we dont need cleric even , we ready to **** any boss in 3min as max , with my 4 to 5 team members .
    let that be known as Ulquiorra's Raging tides server Challenge to all servers !
    edited July 2011
    Options
    you say that cause KunKun own'd you like 50 times last week.

Nah he didn't, I had a 5aps bm, barb and 3 r9 sins to help me with him. I had more trouble with the worms for my wizzie :'( 5 r9 psy's couldn't even kill them
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mrrlove wrote: »
    There is no challenge till now with any boss for me LOL

we dont need cleric even , we ready to **** any boss in 3min as max , with my 4 to 5 team members .
    let that be known as Ulquiorra's Raging tides server Challenge to all servers !

From the "PWI - Ready for the PW International Championship?":
    - Each team can have at most 1 of the following classes: Blademaster, Barbarian, Assassin, and Psychic

-Each team can have at most 2 of the following classes: Wizard, Venomancer, Archer, Cleric, Seeker, and Mystic

So, if your team is from Assassins only (they not need Cleric), then you will not be able to
    kill boss during "3 min max" using 1 Assassin only.

If they are all R9 with +12 and charmed , then you will be able to kill boss without Cleric even if there are non-APS classes among them.

Edit:

Competition can be named: "Who can better use R9 with +12 ? Which team ?".
    And yet one question about balance for competition:
    1 of the : Blademaster, Barbarian, Assassin, or Psychic has same power as
    2 of the other classes ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver
    TROLLOLOLOL - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sword tamer.
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Its to choose 1 team across the servers
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    since most of the suggestion are ridicule why not use the River-Cross Captain. I never seen someone kill that one before.

Seriously i don't see the point of killing a pve monster to go in a pvp tournament. Don't you guys have a GM that still play around or are GM scared of R9 gear.

Oh wait probably that having 999999 vit takes to long to regen and you can't make it to the fight before your fully heal.

In any case here is the idea : Take any bad *** boss like Harpy or worst, set 2 team in the TW map and Harpy instead of the crystal.

1st team to kick the other team Harpy win. Harpy only contraint is that it can't move out of the base.

Now that would be pvp whit a kick ! Oh wait we can already do that on the main map ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gtyfu - Lost City
    Gtyfu - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    a GM
    that would make it pvp and really hard
    [SIGPIC]http://i.picasion.com/pic45/a3b6f9398b5063a3f03229c7633ac4fc.gif[/SIGPIC]

sig made by Silvychar and Bellefleurs Thank u both

(i just made it into a gif) lol
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I said it before, but Demonic Dialectic.

Pretty much because we're never gonna have FB109s, and this boss (known as Beelzebub - Sacrilege Belial in MS) is quite well known among the first generation PWI players - and alot of us are disappointed we can't fight it.
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    A new monster is needed for this. One that is not in the game (as far as I know).

It lowers attack speed a massive amount, making even 5 aps reduced to 1 aps. Bloodpaint does not work when this boss is attacked. It randomly shifts from physical immune to magical immune and can sometimes be both at once.

The lower the attack power of your weapon, the more damage you do. The lower the defense of your armor, the less damage you take.

If you have a rank 9 +12 weapon for example, you'll hit 0s. If you have a level 1 npc weapon, you'll hit 20k+ a hit. If you have rank 9 armor you will die in 1 hit regardless of your hp. If you have level 1 npc armor the boss can't damage you.

I doubt a boss like that is even possible to program to begin with. lol

I'm saying a boss that doesn't allow rank 9 gear and 5aps to kill it in seconds is needed here. A boss that hits back and is actually really hard even with the top gear in the game. I am not aware of such a boss.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    From the "PWI - Ready for the PW International Championship?":

So, if your team is from Assassins only (they not need Cleric), then you will not be able to
    kill boss during "3 min max" using 1 Assassin only.

If they are all R9 with +12 and charmed , then you will be able to kill boss without Cleric even if there are non-APS classes among them.

Edit:

Competition can be named: "Who can better use R9 with +12 ? Which team ?".
    And yet one question about balance for competition:
    1 of the : Blademaster, Barbarian, Assassin, or Psychic has same power as
    2 of the other classes ?

LOL really ? how about illusion lord dies in 1-2min ( with me 1 more sin, bm veno.)
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    WHAT ABOUT THE KITTY-MOB?? (the level 1 one which runs around in large citys XD)

wouldnt make any difference at all >_> if they put a kunkun, or tabby or kitty, or even a world boss, it will be almost one shottet anyway b:surrender
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye