End game build help

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Blademaster
Greetings all

It is a long post, but wanted to get all my questions, thoughts in one post. The links are in yellow coloured text.

I used this Build#0 as my basis for an idea of end game gear. After talking with people and gaining a slightly better understanding, i altered that build to the following kind(later in the post). I still need help with the necklace, rings and tome, sharding and refining which follows later. I realised that it was quite hard to achieve that gear in Build 0 (especially the weapon stats and refines) so I altered to what i can do. I didn't remove the stones or shards (lazy), but would acquire them over time, especially the vit stones, not sure about def lvl stones for a BM.

Some of the attribute are all added for some gear, the calc seems to do that, i am happy with any combination i get.

Money source: I have a shop in game that brings in about 500K profit each day. I won't be spending my own real money. Once i get to 89, might find better income sources and such, but that is the rough figure of the income source

Leveling: If i only do BH's, it will take me 382 days from now, about a year and a month to get to lvl100. That is not doing any other quest. If i get my gear and money in order early on, i'll probably use hyper to decrease that time. I don't mind the wait either way.

Things I prefer
1) Good HP to tank bosses in squad, and solo with bp (for lower levels) if possible.
2) The amount of magic and physical defense required, with marrows and maybe balance (genie skill)
3) Good attack when not sparked
4) Preferably 4aps when not sparked, but 3.33 works just as well right now
5) Prefer to farm the gear, especially TT gear, make the gold stuff from chips or buy it cheap :).
6)I don't intend to PvP, unlikely to join TW unless my faction decides to :), would try it out if they do.
7) I will get my manufacturing, tailor and other skills to that level, probably buying the pack at the boutique, since lvl 4 taught me how hard it can be, yet easy if you have money.
Edit
8) I will be going demon
9) I prefer to farm the TT gear than get the lunar or rank gear.
10) Build 3 with intended weapon is the build i am aiming for, sans necklace and +12 refining, i'll keep that to +10 for now.

Aim: To be able to tank any bosses in Nirvana in BH100, or other place with Clerics and squad's help.

Note about following builds: I don't know which rings or necklace to get or how to farm them and get them, so i left them as the original build had. I used demon spark to get the high dmg numbers

Build#1 - Cheapest: to make to get 5aps

Build2 - With intended weapon: This is costlier because it now has a tome, but because of the tome i can get to 4aps if i change a weapon to -0.1 int, this can allow me to play sage at lvl 100+ if i want to try it out :D.

Build 3 - Better helmet: This is getting the nirvana helmet, not such a big step, but works out for me. If i use vit stones i get 17.8K hp, 6.1k mag def, about 19.3k phy def with def lvl at 13. If i use def stones i get 17.2K hp, 5.9k mag def, 19k phy def with def lvl of 21. Not sure which will be the better route.

Build 3 - with decides: Just to compare the weapon dmg at base without spark. With spark, the decides does 15.4k-17k dmg (factoring in bosses that will come down), while ghost vanquisher soul blast does 17.3k to 19.5K dmg.

I'll probably be going with Build 3, and get decides if i go sage later, not sure yet. I usually use fists, if someone could recommend cheap axes for hf, i use calamity axes (self made from mold, cost zero coin). I would still be happy to use the same axes for hf, because the switch is for a few seconds, but if i am going to be using my aoes, would need a bit better axes :).

As mentioned earlier, i don't know which rings and necklace to get. I want to get the cube one if it can be farmed or not super expensive.

Questions

1) How long will it take to farm the cube necklace? or better to buy the raw materials for it, or the necklace straight out? Would the dustless necklace be a good alternative? I know it has all 5 attributes in the links, but you can only get 3, i am fine with any 3.

2) Rings i have left up for discretion, don't know which ones are good ones, i just use +hp and +vit rings right now. I am leaning towards dustless and a mold if the ones in the build are hard to farm or way too expensive to buy. How much would they cost?

3) The rough ball park figure of refining the gear to the max? I searched it :), let's say +10 for now is a good aim, once i get more money +12 will be the target.

4) Rough ball park figure of shards and stones? Whether it is good to go 21 def lvl, or not bother with it at all, not doing PVP, and since people have jones blessing, from what i read, having that lvl wouldn't help :).

5) Anything bad about the equipment or things i should know on how to acheive it, like soul relic :D?

If you want to compare with my current BM right now ;).

He does have a bright future, considering what he is living through :).

Thank you for reading the post and replying.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I kind of... just want to reserve this spot. I have advice but am too lazy to put it in now, lol. It took me most of the BH Metal wait just to read the post.

Ok, back. First of, Your fantasy build goal is a very decent setup, but there is a G13 cape thats better and it has way too much dex. End game BM's should have 200-220 to maximize our damage. Not sure if you are aware of the costs of 4 socketing and +12ing but going from +10 to +12 is about 750 mil per piece I believe. http://pwcalc.com/5948b49a5058966d Here's your same build with cape fixed, sockets averaged and everything but weapon at +10.

Next, sharding. In PvP defense levels first work to counter opponents attack levels, then they work to reduce damage. So if the opponent has 42 attack levels and you have 47 defense levels you will negate his attack levels, then reduce the damage you take by ~5%. I say about because attack levels and defense levels have diminished returns like compound interest. So 10 defense level reduces dmg 10%, add an 11th defense level and it reduces 10%+ (1% of the remaining 90%) so 10.9%. This is why 100 defense levels doesn't mean you suffer no damage.

Anyways, JoSD vs a Vit shard. In PvE, mobs don't have defense levels. We'll use a flat rate and pretend 2 defense levels is 2% reduction. If you have 10k hp, which would be low for an endgame build, and you add a vit shard you add 10 x 15 hp = 150hp or 203 hp with barb buffs. If you have a JoSD you have 2% more survivability, or equivalantly 200 hp, whether you have barb buff or not. As you get more hp that 2% becomes more important, too. If you are being healed its easier to replace the lower hp loss. Same if you are trying to solo on paint heals alone. General rule is G13 gets JoSD.

I see you advocate for Sage BMs a few times. It looks like you've played a ton with pwcalc, but maybe you should spend more time in the forums. I don't see a reason to go sage as a BM. Also, it very much limits your endgame gear options and you'll use a space on your genie trying to compensate.

BH100 and Nirvana are pretty easy to tank, no matter what, even before endgame gear. At about 7.5k hp you can go clericless to most BHs and to Nirvana if you have a good weapon and bloodpaint.

You are showing a build that would cost... 10 bilion coin (ish), but talk about being okay to take a year to get to 100 without doing quests. This game requires hard work or a credit card. You say you don't want to cash shop but it also looks like you don't plan on questing/grinding.

1. Cube necklace is farmable, but it costs almost as much to farm as it does to buy I think. You need to complete the bonus rooms in the Cube 30 times for 30 Rotating Cogs of Fate plus 6 warsoul fragments at around 12 mil a piece. To buy its around 115mil. The Dustless Necklace comes with all 5 attributes and 3 modifiers, its an okay neckalce but not worth the price. Swindlers Necklace is better and cheaper. A good alternative while you save for the Cube neck.

2. I'd say in order of best to worst rings (for PvE) Rank 9, Sky Cover, Rank 8, Seal of Eternal Solitude, Sign of Frost Chaos, Perfect Attendance, Band of Heavens Jail. The ones in your build come from a Lunar Ornament Insigia. About 28 mil.

3. +0 to +7 can be done for about 4-10 mil depending on your luck using mirages and tisha/tienkangs. +8-10 run about 38 mil each with a Dragon orb Ocean. I think +11 is around 400 mil (2450 1* for 8* and 9*, then an ocean orb) and +12 is around 450mil.

4. On Sanctuary Vit stones are running around 45 mil, JoSDs are made from DoDs at around 19 mil ea and you need 3 of them so 55-60 mil.

5. Soul Relic comes from packs. They're cheap, like 2 mil. The necklace you have equipped takes 9 cube necklaces grade 14 to make.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hello to you aswell, Aasaf.

Well, lets put this to the easiest as i can.

First of, what would be your goal? Sage or Demon? I personally am a Sage blademaster.

First of, i will post my current built and then my ideal built for you to consider.

Current build; http://pwcalc.com/250520b8b90ed837

Okay, i got here mostly constructing my gear that i want to +10 at first place and if i have the coins i will get also the last needed sockets (TT99 footwear if you may see)

Most of the gear is going to be my endgame gear, i did some little hikeups here and there so i will be going for some R9 parts such as the Ring of Trauma and Warflame chest piece.

However, my suggestion for you to be already getting the mats for TT99 and the ones you will need at your endgame. Ofcourse, if you would go Sage then the Pan Gu Tome is a must if you want to hit 5 aps (w/ cyclone heel) So may consider to make money from now on for it. Pan Gu wasnt cheap for me nor it will be for you.

I placed normal lv8 Citrines into my gear to have some decent HP to be able to tank at above average quality, ofcourse im not able to tank everything yet, but that's to come.

So here's the endgame build you might want to take a look at.

http://pwcalc.com/affdf1f1c50327a5

Okay, there is a Rank 9 chest on this built and having whole gear at +12. I only used all buffs at lv 10 but sure if you get sage/demon barb buffs you will get about 20k HP wich is a nice number for BM's.

As a Sage BM i am, just saying that you will need to hit 4 base aps, hence there's no skill that is potential on being 3.33 APS as sage, you may be using Relentless Courage but the cooldown/energy cost sucks so you cannot perma cast it on each 3 sparks you get. Or Windshield, you will get only 10% attack speed at lvl 1-10 and you can spam it perma with high mag genie and if i am not wrong, many sage sins use that skill at lvl1 to hit 5 aps.

So yea, Demon or Sage?

Sage went expensive for me to hit 5 aps, but its worth it. You can tank better than demon, your DD output is higher than demon and what's most important - your survivability is 15% better than demons.

You may go look up at the demon/sage skills at;

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

And if you want go look at different builds then you can also check;

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Blademaster

You may get more information from the sites.

Before i dive into FF i will post a nice demon endgame built for you aswell.

http://pwcalc.com/3ca207067effeae0
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. They are helpful. I'll reply in order

To Sakubatou

I learnt that +10 would be an easier goal to achieve than +12 for now :). Thank you for explaining JoSD vs Vit stones, that helps me better understand how it works. The necklace is expensive, I didn't know that at the time, i'll probably look around for alternatives, now that I know how to search for them and what to look for. Didn't know about the max dex required.

I will be a demon BM through out. The sage is only an option if money, time and boredom permits. If I have fun playing with demon bm, I won't be switching.

I do quest and grind, makes pwi fun, rather than simply doing bh everyday. I get 20%of my total exp required to lvl everyday, bh gives about 12% these days. The bh number was more of an estimate for me and see if i can reach it before that time :). The money from the shop is another estimate of how much money i will make and spend for this gear. It will only cover a fraction of the cost most likely, but something i like to see.

I am trying to avoid rank gear right now, see if I can get things done without it. Should have mentioned that in my post.

Thanks for the cape, will look at more capes as well.

The final build i was going for is Build 3 with intended weapon, not build 0. The price information was invaluable.

To Zaradon

My goal is Demon :), sage is a far remote possibility, but for all intents and purposes it is demon :).

Yes, pan gu will not be cheap any way you cut it. Will be using cyclone heel to get to 5aps with the tome and -0.1int weapon to have 4.0 base. As mentioned before, trying to avoid rank gear, want to make this through TT gear mostly.

Thank you for the links and the builds.

I will definitely look into both your recommendations and learn from them, they are very helpful. Thank you once again for sharing.

I already have made a list of tt mats i need for this gear and started collecting, so far i have 14/130 green and yellow pieces required, long way to go :). I prefer doing this with faction, friends, squad :).