Approaching 80....

HotBanana - Lost City
HotBanana - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Psychic
Alright, my psychic is nearing lvl 80. (Just 9 more lvls ^-^)

What I plan to do gear wise is: http://pwcalc.com/8489c05d0a1b801d

What I want to know is:
- Should I upgrade the rings?
-- If so on ring upgrade, what would you suggest to upgrade to?

- What would you suggest for the necklace and belt?
Post edited by HotBanana - Lost City on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Seriously....it's been up for a day and no responses....that makes me sad :(
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    get rings with crit or vit you don't really need -chan
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Any rings you would suggest?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Any rings you would suggest?

one why are you so hung up on this topic, cause the only reason i can think of is your the OP and using a different avatar as a misdirect and as a means to ask people questions

two use attendee ring, rank rink, demon hearts ring, and seal of eternal solitude are the best ones for level 80 and below
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't really advise on getting a tt80 gold top/legs since you just dump those at 90 (the boots are good till you get tt99).

Instead of the wrists you could just get Sea Captains.

From the money you save there you could possibly buy a warsoul helm which will last you a long time.

You can get a sundown pendant from the OHT teleporter, it's decent.

If you didn't get that cape yet I'd highly advise you to get either the -chan one (which wouldn't be useful for psychics I guess), or wait till 90 and buy a wing trophy and get the p.def cape from it (it has 2x216 pdef and higher stats).

For the rings you can do the lochmur treasure hunter quests and get an Emerald Meteor and buy a Demon's Heart ring.

There are no really good necklaces at that level (unless you can afford a cube neck) so just look out for some good pdef necklaces in the AH. Or you could get the Ancient Capital Pendant which is from fb79 or something, it's kinda sucky but it will do until you can get a Sky Demon's Pearl.

In the end (without refines/shards) it would look something like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    one why are you so hung up on this topic, cause the only reason i can think of is your the OP and using a different avatar as a misdirect and as a means to ask people questions

two use attendee ring, rank rink, demon hearts ring, and seal of eternal solitude are the best ones for level 80 and below
    lol, I am the OP @_@. I just posted on my sin cause that is the account I normally have logged into my laptop.
    For the ring wise, I'll check around and see if i can find some. Seal of Eternal solitude...if I can get enough cash to afford one i'll buy it.
    I wouldn't really advise on getting a tt80 gold top/legs since you just dump those at 90 (the boots are good till you get tt99).

Instead of the wrists you could just get Sea Captains.

From the money you save there you could possibly buy a warsoul helm which will last you a long time.

You can get a sundown pendant from the OHT teleporter, it's decent.

If you didn't get that cape yet I'd highly advise you to get either the -chan one (which wouldn't be useful for psychics I guess), or wait till 90 and buy a wing trophy and get the p.def cape from it (it has 2x216 pdef and higher stats).

For the rings you can do the lochmur treasure hunter quests and get an Emerald Meteor and buy a Demon's Heart ring.

There are no really good necklaces at that level (unless you can afford a cube neck) so just look out for some good pdef necklaces in the AH. Or you could get the Ancient Capital Pendant which is from fb79 or something, it's kinda sucky but it will do until you can get a Sky Demon's Pearl.

In the end (without refines/shards) it would look something like this.

lol sorry already farmed and made the 80 gold gear. Refinement and sharding are waiting on next cash income. Which will be done once I catch the psychic up on culti's (frost ftl on that one....b:surrender)
    And why does everybody suggest OHT belts >.<'', god damn I ain't touching that place ever again once I get my BM's 100 culti done.

And yeah, I think I might look around and see if I can find a cheap neck. Who knows...I might get lucky and find somebody who didn't add enough 0's to their catshops price @_@

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    dont get the -chan cape trust me you wont need it unless you get the 100 skills which have 3 and 4 sec chan times, which anyone who has played a psy knows is long as all hell for us, get a phys def cape or hp cape you need those a hell of a lot more, but if you every start doing FCC on your psy use SoR it will bounce back the bubble on the 2nd boss and absorb the aoe on the exp room boss really boost survivability in general cause unless its an aoe that takes half hp SoR will absorb it and will allow you a few more levels to mess around with stat build
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Vancore: Yeah, wasn't really planning on 100 skills xD. I'll probably do up to 99 culti and then be like "Ok...I can learn all the skills I need."

And god I hate culti's so much, my psychic is squishy :(. But finally got his str to minimum requirement of 55 (base), so now i'm gonna kinda split to a 4:1 or 3:2 build using magic and vit....think I'll use the 4:1 so i'll still be getting decent magic adding.

Also yeah, I didn't really plan for the -chan cape at all after looking through the skills and seeing that it's cast time that screws us over not channeling :s. I just need to put a damn charm on my psychic....tired of freakin sin's being able to 3 shot him cause i'm uncharmed >.>''

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My advice would also be to ditch the tt80 gold...simply because you'll be level 90 in no time, and getting acro boots/pants/sleeves and the 35k rep chest.

As far as rings go, the rank ring and the attendance ring are great for leveling, since they are pretty much free and easy to get.

Don't go for ANYTHING with -chan on it...look for any other modifiers you can find, and if you are aiming to boost damage, get crit chance/magic/matk. The thing is, the absolute longest psychic skills don't take more than about a second and a half to cast, with the majority of the aoes/spam skills having a channeling time of under a second. This means that even with -50% channeling, you won't get a decrease in channeling time of over .3-.6 seconds. Contrast this with a wizard, where -50% channeling on 4 second spells nets you a 2 second bonus. -Chan is simply not worth it for a psychic.

Another piece of advice would be to just forget about the tt80 soulsphere. Its a decent piece of equipment....but since the ghost cry soulsphere is obtainable at level 85, and that soulsphere is actually better than tt80, tt90, AND tt99....its not at all worth it to spend any money on the tt80 soulsphere.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Vancore: Yeah, wasn't really planning on 100 skills xD. I'll probably do up to 99 culti and then be like "Ok...I can learn all the skills I need."

And god I hate culti's so much, my psychic is squishy :(. But finally got his str to minimum requirement of 55 (base), so now i'm gonna kinda split to a 4:1 or 3:2 build using magic and vit....think I'll use the 4:1 so i'll still be getting decent magic adding.

Also yeah, I didn't really plan for the -chan cape at all after looking through the skills and seeing that it's cast time that screws us over not channeling :s. I just need to put a damn charm on my psychic....tired of freakin sin's being able to 3 shot him cause i'm uncharmed >.>''

I'd strongly advice against putting any vit onto your psychic. Heres why:

The bonus hp a psychic gets per point of vit is *10*. And so...lets make the assumption that an amount of hp that would actually matter and be significant in pvp/pve is going to be greater than 500. In order to reach 500, youll need 50 points of vit. You are about to be/are level 80. You only have 25 more levels to go, so adding just 1 point of vit per level will net you 250 hp, or a single item refined to like +7. On the other hand, you'll be cheating yourself out of a decent amount of matk by putting 25 points into vit instead of into magic. 250 hp doesnt increase the survivability of a psychic at all. Killing things faster does.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The best psychic build is actually 55 str and the rest in vit. go go