Cleric vs Wiz

PriestRain - Raging Tide
PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
o.O I searched but couldnt find it...

Anyway, I was wondering when dueling/pk'ing wizard (with lots of pdef and demon stone barrier..), with what skills to attack him?

1) Spaming phy attacks (Plume shot)

2) Or spaming magic attacks (Cyclone, WT, Tempest (if i get opening))

Why i ask this? Because they are AA, with lots of Pdef, so my magic dmg is nerfed and my pdef is nerfed as well q.q

Anyone can give me a hint? (Doing 800-1000 with Sage plume shot on R9 wiz, and my cleric isn't even R8..) Maybe it's just because of gear... but.. anyone? :o
Post edited by PriestRain - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    o.O I searched but couldnt find it...

Anyway, I was wondering when dueling/pk'ing wizard (with lots of pdef and demon stone barrier..), with what skills to attack him?

1) Spaming phy attacks (Plume shot)

2) Or spaming magic attacks (Cyclone, WT, Tempest (if i get opening))

Why i ask this? Because they are AA, with lots of Pdef, so my magic dmg is nerfed and my pdef is nerfed as well q.q

Anyone can give me a hint? (Doing 800-1000 with Sage plume shot on R9 wiz, and my cleric isn't even R8..) Maybe it's just because of gear... but.. anyone? :o

Assuming he's got garnets in his gear, and demon stone barrier up, then the best bet is to debuff for magic and hit him with magic damage. (If you have demon WT or an archer buddy to TS him, that would be even better.) You're looking at ~14k pdef and ~11.2k mdef with his own buffs, so the mdef debuff works out better. It's reduces his mdef to about 9k (~6k I think with metal debuff from WT iirc) whereas his pdef will drop to ~12.5k with level 11 debuffs.

Hope that helps. Either way, a full r9 wizard is one of the scariest opponents in PWI b:chuckle

Here's what I used to test stats with: http://pwcalc.com/e87df58a7e99306f
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ChubbyKyros - Lost City
    ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My advise is not to magic debuff the wiz unless you can purify yourself fast enough.
    You dont want to face a Wizz Mag attack with your own magic def lowered.
    The best bet would be if you are demon Cleric with all your skills use wield lightning then followed by cyclone well the rest you still have to use plume while waiting for cooldown.

And if you see that the wiz cast sutra or something use guardian seal or try to tick his charm and checking out which skill is better to use against him =P
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Better off using Dimensional Seal than Elemental Seal -lol.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ChubbyKyros - Lost City
    ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    neither of the seal is advisable. Imagine blade tempest coming down at you with 30% p.def reduction but true if you dont really have any pdef to reduce. Looking at efficiency
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't want to have reduced M.Def when fighting Wizards, because they have more powerful and wider range magic attacks. I would still go for reduced P.Def on them (self), sleep them, then spark and use the highest Physical attack I have. But that was only up to like level 6x when I fought wizard on my old cleric. I usually win with very little HP left. ... I also use apoc pods sometimes to help staying alive. At the time they did not have Rank 9 or any really expensive equipmets like Wings of Cloudcharger etc., which would've changed the whole outcome entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Better off using Dimensional Seal than Elemental Seal -lol.
    I don't want to have reduced M.Def when fighting Wizards, because they have more powerful and wider range magic attacks. I would still go for reduced P.Def on them (self), sleep them, then spark and use the highest Physical attack I have. But that was only up to like level 6x when I fought wizard on my old cleric. I usually win with very little HP left. ... I also use apoc pods sometimes to help staying alive. At the time they did not have Rank 9 or any really expensive equipmets like Wings of Cloudcharger etc., which would've changed the whole outcome entirely.

The wiz will probably try to use BT at the first chance they get, so either seal's negative effect is sort of a moot point. I just posted how to hit them hardest by the numbers alone. Honestly, I'd just try and sleep them till help arrived if it's group PvP. If it's 1v1, and you don't have the dmg base of r8, you will probably die vs a full r9 opponent.

I mean, the pdef debuff alone serves ZERO purpose except to lower your own pdef. His pdef will still be above his mdef. So how exactly is pdef a better option, tweakz?

---
    EDIT: This is unrelated... Hiemus, I have always found your sig picture to be one of the prettiest ones I've seen. (And a lovely depiction of a cleric, imo; really nice aesthetic.)
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only time you can cast elemental seal on the wizz is when you sleep him.

Sleep , seal, purify, wield thunder and his metal def is somewhat nerfed. If you can't manage to cast the seal on him and purify yourself without taking a hit i would not do it. Dont go for plume shoot , any good geared wiz with some refines will not impressed by this skill.

Other way is Cyclone, Sleep , Seal, Tea , Deamon spark, attack level buff from genie on cost of your defence, Tempest in his face, pray hes death.

ofc if you open with sleep youre bound to fail because everyone expect you doing so
    I hate Room 38
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'd just attack as normal. End game mages have comparable pdef to mdef so trying anything different from your regular attack combo's probably wont make a huge difference. Of course in duel you can compare how much damage plume shot does to your other attacks and adjust accordingly.

I tend to have to use both seals though and its completely fine as long as you purify. Without them its sometimes difficult to dps fast enough to kill a mage especially when they're spamming force of will.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • PriestRain - Raging Tide
    PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hehe, thanks guys for responding.. But seems i won't go PK yet, cuz i hit 100 few weeks ago, and still didn't do Room 38 -.- (cant reach it) so don't have seal :(

Ty for info. Btw I'm sage :P
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hehe, thanks guys for responding.. But seems i won't go PK yet, cuz i hit 100 few weeks ago, and still didn't do Room 38 -.- (cant reach it) so don't have seal :(

Took me like a week to finally do that room when I needed it- such a pain! =0

Oh well good luck! :)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have seal.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011

I think you misunderstood. We are not talking about the 100 skill, Seal of the God. We're talking about the physical and magical debuffs, Dimensional and Elemental Seal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    But why would you attack a wiz. We are so sweet b:sad
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • negativereaction
    negativereaction Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'd just attack as normal. End game mages have comparable pdef to mdef so trying anything different from your regular attack combo's probably wont make a huge difference.

this. magic damage attacks are typically fine in endgame vs endgame, though it's nice to throw in a plume shot if they're spamming elemental shell on cooldown.
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I mean, the pdef debuff alone serves ZERO purpose except to lower your own pdef. His pdef will still be above his mdef. So how exactly is pdef a better option, tweakz?

---
    EDIT: This is unrelated... Hiemus, I have always found your sig picture to be one of the prettiest ones I've seen. (And a lovely depiction of a cleric, imo; really nice aesthetic.)

I'm not really sure on P.def reduction's effect, lol! i only dueled wizards a hand full of times, and frankly I'm a PK green. :P

Thanks Decus, I drew that myself. It looks better than it really is when shrunk this small, lol b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    I'm not really sure on P.def reduction's effect, lol! i only dueled wizards a hand full of times, and frankly I'm a PK green. :P

Thanks Decus, I drew that myself. It looks better than it really is when shrunk this small, lol b:laugh

That was aimed at tweakz, not you.

And you are welcome. I think it's really lovely. :3
    I wish I had that kind of talent, really, I do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    silly priest is sage <3
    no demon wt for u :D
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.