Male Cleric's mute?

Options
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Ok i know this is a silly post but try to do an Emote like the wave or the laugh

I have three types of characters, Male Cleric, Male Barb and a Male Mystic. the two

have a distinct wave and laugh but my Cleric doesn't talk the only sounds you hear

from him is when you do the silly fall and thats just a light thump sound so

do you guys think this was intended? are Winged Elf Men mutes? is it my PC ? or is it

something that was lost in a previous update?

b:questionb:questionb:questionb:question

:->

~Jam
19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
Post edited by CrusherJam - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cos they be *** n shy, foo
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cos they be *** n shy, foo

I understand your trying to raise your post rank but lets try to say something intelligent.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, this has always vexed me as well. My cleric has always been a mute, unlike virtually every other class. I just accepted it back when I was 1x :p

So no, it was not lost in an update. Mine never spoke since before genies even, unless somehow it's a bug in my game files, but I doubt it =/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I understand your trying to raise your post rank but lets try to say something intelligent.

NO!! b:angry
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We male clerics have been awful quiet in Perfect World since long before PWI. Most of us gave up hope around 2007 that we'd ever hear ourselves greet a cute venomancer. b:sad

But yeah, in theory, it shouldn't be too hard for them to fix. In reality, since it's been this way as long as I can remember, I doubt it will ever be fixed.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Actually they used to have a sound, only it was just static noise. I guess they just pulled out the sound files for it since they were corrupted and never bothered replacing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why are Tideborn males the only characters that have nipples? Some questions are better left un- lol, just kidding. The devs are lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    too cool to speak?

what with that deer in ur siggy?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Actually they used to have a sound, only it was just static noise. I guess they just pulled out the sound files for it since they were corrupted and never bothered replacing them.

I think you're thinking of Provoke, perhaps. I know a couple of others had sound at one point pre-PWI, but it was about the same as Provoke's. I can't quite recall if they were there in the early days of PWI. It's entirely possible that they got added in early 2009 after I left, for a while, though. *shrug*
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's also like the BMs. Male BMs make that sound when they use Aura of the Golden Bell. Female BMs never make a sound :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nah i know clerics had sounds on the MY version, probbaly here too a long time ago if so, but i havnt been on the other version in awhile so i dont know if they still do. i remember cause my hubby was a cleric there and here to, he would always do the nodding emotion next to me cuz it sounded like he was moaning lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's also like the BMs. Male BMs make that sound when they use Aura of the Golden Bell. Female BMs never make a sound :P

The females used to make a grunt, but it sounded just like the males. So a few female BMs started complaining about it (although I thought it was funny) so they just took it out altogether. One of my friends (girl BM) used to do bell just to make the grunting noise for fun.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Clerics have been mute for as long as I've been playing. <_< Aside from the creepy static noise, which has been removed. I never really understood why they never gave clerics new sound. XD We are forever mute, I suppose.

That girl BM grunting thing was the only reason my friend would make female BMs. Just so he could spam that to creepy guys that tried to flirt with his toon XD Too bad they took that out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The females used to make a grunt, but it sounded just like the males. So a few female BMs started complaining about it (although I thought it was funny) so they just took it out altogether. One of my friends (girl BM) used to do bell just to make the grunting noise for fun.

Seriously? O man, I would have loved to hear that :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Male archers don't make any sounds either... i think... b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Male archers don't make any sounds either... i think... b:chuckle
    The whole winged elf race seems mute to me. XD At least my friend's old cleric (female) never made sounds during actions. I don't recall my roomies archers (both male and female) making sounds either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so we are all on the same page ( mostly ) the male Winged elf had sound but no longer does, well i guess its probably a glitch so i'll post this in the "glitch" forum.

Thanks Ya'all
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The thing here is people, that them clerics did have sounds. I even met a really loud cleric once. They were muted after that. b:shutup

A HT vet should get the joke. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    To funny.
    Why are Tideborn males the only characters that have nipples? Some questions are better left un- lol, just kidding. The devs are lazy.

Because other then 5aps why would people like fishes. (They smell)

Clerics are silent because they if we had the ability to make noises, it would be mostly moaning. Moaning about all those horrible squads getting us killed, that barb not taking aggro, that dd rushing into the group of mobs randomly, that nub asking for 1 hour buffs right after he got buffed, etc. Clerics got a lot of stress b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along