Rank 9 Alternative

Options
Man - Raging Tide
Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I read in another thread Frankie said

"There will be an alternative to rank 9"

This was a good teaser, can any more information be released on this?

Will it be a full armor set or only a weapon?

Edit
alyona wrote: »
It's been 4 updates/lack of updates since Rank 9 medals came back, and the news said the earthguard Rank 9 was coming... So medals have come and gone, and now the the dragon orbs to refine are on sale, and still no Rank 9 for the earthguard. I tried to ticket and ask was told "an alternative" to Rank 9 would be available soon...but got nothing concrete about actual Rank 9, which stinks when the rest of the server has access, and I have busted my behind to get all my tokens and medals (yeah, yeah, QQ). Has anyone heard any news about when Rank 9 is being added for Earthguards?

Ok maybe frankie didn't say it but i am a curious kitty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Man - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont think he will tell us..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My guess is that it was said just to shut the ticketer up about r9 for EG.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I guess Faction weps can be considered R9 alternatives.... Price-wise anyways b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It'l be Rank 11, that's right, they're bypassing Rank 10 all together and releasing Rank 11 for the low low price of 100 gold! That is, of course, after you have 500k rep. Once you have 500k rep you can buy your Rank 11 pieces directly from the boutique, they're pre-refined to +5 and always come out four sockets. Get it while it's hot, this sale only lasts a month and won't be back for another two months! But you better get it then because after it comes back again it won't be back for another two weeks!! GO!! Get your Rank 11!!!
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My guess is that it was said just to shut the ticketer up about r9 for EG.

This.

The newest gear out on PW-CN is R9 for the EG, and the upgrade to "Wings of Cloudcharger" cape.