Rebuffing. Does it really help

Options
Protection - Raging Tide
Protection - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
In many squads they want a rebuffing when the previous buffs are not done yet. Does it reset the time or am i just wasting sp.
Post edited by Protection - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    <_< As far as I've experienced, all buffs except for magic shell reset when you rebuff. Only reason magic shell doesn't seems to be because of an old glitch XD Although it's all related to context when it's appropriate to rebuff. For example, spamming the hour buffs if it's only been say...30 minutes is a waste of mp.

But it's been a while since I've legitimately tested the magic shell rebuff glitch, so they may have fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nawh, it still seems to reset in a time being. It wont reset instantly but in like 5 minutes it is reset >_>
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    All buff timers will reset except magic shell. Magic shell will stop 30 minutes after the inital buff even if you rebuff it 29 minutes later.

Some barbs/DDs like a rebuff before a boss or big pull just in case the timer is getting close and might expire during the pull or boss.

I also will try to rebuff before or after a boss just because its nice to send them on their way with another hour of cleric buffs.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Magic shell buff (from all scources), blazing arrow, the increase crit rate buff (from all scorces).

there may be others but these are the only buffs i know of that don't reset when recast.

well except chill of deep and stuff like fox form true form and tide from which change depending on which state you are in when u cast them
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It all depends... is your call