Good Job PWI GM's ROCK!!!

Options
SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
This isnt a joke ...

I was scammed 33mill for a pair of Deicide i was buying. In the trade screen the replaced the item with another npc item with the same icon. Well after a few tickets the matter was resolved.

Today a GM pm'd me ingame, squadded me, and gave me the claws.

So, tyvm GM's you are doing a good job with the game and show concern for your players.
Post edited by SinFulGodX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...I'm given to believe the GMs never solve any issues related to scammers. >_> The number of scam catshops alone, I thought, was proof of that.

Am I mistaken? Can one theoretically submit tickets regarding spam catshops? Does anyone else have a story to share? o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice to know the GMs actually give some sort of toss and didn't just say "there's nothing we can do about scammers, just be careful", IDK why the devs used the same icons for so many other items, it just makes scamming easyier, though when ever an item is in the trade screen, even if it got took out and replaced, I'll re-look at the item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This isnt a joke ...

I was scammed 33mill for a pair of Deicide i was buying. In the trade screen the replaced the item with another npc item with the same icon. Well after a few tickets the matter was resolved.

So, tyvm GM's you are doing a good job with the game and show concern for your players.

More than you getting the item i would have liked to see the other user account with coins being banned and all the stuff erased from the scammer.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This isnt a joke ...

This is an exceptional situation. That individual GM deserves a big cookie
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ...I'm given to believe the GMs never solve any issues related to scammers. >_> The number of scam catshops alone, I thought, was proof of that.

Am I mistaken? Can one theoretically submit tickets regarding spam catshops? Does anyone else have a story to share? o_o

Wasn't a catshop.

It was a player trade.

People told me not to bother with tickets because i wouldn't get help, but i did anyway and im glad i did :D

They didn't give me a fresh pair of claws either. They gave me EXACT ones. Sharded and Refined already :D b:pleased
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    screen shot showing the catshop(preferably with character name and shop description showing, the open shop screen and the tool-tip for the item being scam-priced. i've gotten response times as fast as 5 minutes b:victory

response as in the shop is gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IDK why the devs used the same icons for so many other items, it just makes scamming easyier, though when ever an item is in the trade screen, even if it got took out and replaced, I'll re-look at the item.

I know why, it's because they are lazy. That is a good reason why GMs should have to replace damages caused by this flaw.

Deicides I am convinced are using the wrong icon though. They share the icon for like a level 45 spear and that icon doesn't resemble the actual claw at all.

Even though people complain about tickets I have had satisfactory results with my tickets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Zuqria - Dreamweaver
    Zuqria - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice to see some positive post about gm's help. Good job!
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice to know the GMs actually give some sort of toss and didn't just say "there's nothing we can do about scammers, just be careful", IDK why the devs used the same icons for so many other items, it just makes scamming easyier, though when ever an item is in the trade screen, even if it got took out and replaced, I'll re-look at the item.

This is what it was at first. But i sent another ticket, and had some firends also send tickets. So, the GM's tracked the claws down and gave them to me :D
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    screen shot showing the catshop(preferably with character name and shop description showing, the open shop screen and the tool-tip for the item being scam-priced. i've gotten response times as fast as 5 minutes b:victory

response as in the shop is gone

Same here. Had one in Arch, reported it...less than 5 minutes later... *poof* b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Gratz again man. Can't wait for you to kick my *** with them soon >_>
    Also, gratz on 105 Asterelle. Sexy forum avatar :O
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also, gratz on 105 Asterelle. Sexy forum avatar :O

Agreed on the gratz, but that avatar is hideous... Sorry.b:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Refined deicides are that cheap on sanctuary?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Refined deicides are that cheap on sanctuary?

Nope theyre worth 45mill which is why i jumped on the offer.

Guess they did it cheaper because they weren't giving deicide anyway, just a lowbie poleaxe.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nope theyre worth 45mill which is why i jumped on the offer.

Guess they did it cheaper because they weren't giving deicide anyway, just a lowbie poleaxe.

Well the GM's gave you the claws after all, so I guess you benefit from it in the end. That's pretty nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The GM was invisible and i've never seen one before. I asked him if i could take a screen shot, so he popped out of invisibility before he logged off.

So here are the screen shots:

gm1y.png

gm2j.png
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    more Than You Getting The Item I Would Have Liked To See The Other User Account With Coins Being Banned And All The Stuff Erased From The Scammer.
    ++11111111111111
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The GM was invisible and i've never seen one before. I asked him if i could take a screen shot, so he popped out of invisibility before he logged off.

So here are the screen shots:

gm1y.png

gm2j.png

Hahahaha those images are like watching God xD
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the hell? that GM is my hero !!!
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ++11111111111111

Scammer is perma-banned
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    GM sword @_@ gimmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee b:nosebleedb:nosebleedb:dirty
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    <3 A Cleric GM. No wonder why he was so helpful. I agree with an earlier post, he needs a BIG cookie. :D Grats on getting your claws from that scammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow...that is a really awesome story. xD

I've always been fairly positive about them, since they helped me out and reimbursed me for a glitch. It took a few weeks, true, because neither I, nor them, knew what exactly had happened, but once we figured out a glitch had occurred, they were quick to give me the money back.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont get it -.- Why dont people point and see if thats the Item when trading b4 confirming to accept the trade -.-
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I dont get it -.- Why dont people point and see if thats the Item when trading b4 confirming to accept the trade -.-

I believe the issue here is that the other person swapped items in the trade window, hoping that it wouldn't be noticed. And, it looks like it worked. Sometimes the tooltip doesn't go away when the item gets swapped and you're moused over it... b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I believe the issue here is that the other person swapped items in the trade window, hoping that it wouldn't be noticed. And, it looks like it worked. Sometimes the tooltip doesn't go away when the item gets swapped and you're moused over it... b:shocked

This exactly.

It displayed to me that he was correctly trading a Deicide, and it wasnt until i checked my inventory did i realize he had switched it.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    technical support number 5 is a nice guyb:cute I was having issues logging in and just had black screen all the time, he gave me so many solutions. I got the solution before he suggested it to me, but still he responded in 1 day, and checked with me everyday how my game is going.

Again technical support number 5, this was with my brother. He made the lunar cape on his wizzy, and this was when account stash stones didnt exist, they made him npc the cape and gave him a new one on his barb.

Technical support number 5 ftwb:victory
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL they replied to my ticket that they dont give items when you get scammed.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wtf are you stupid enough to be scammed?b:shocked
    is it that hard to hover your mouse around the item before trading?
    lulz how old are you,
    if you got scammed then it isnt GMs fault
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nice work, maybe the gm just log in the server found the trader and use some leverage to get the real gear from him.

Then got the gear instead of banning the scammer.

It would be nice to know the GM View on this story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.