GV delta with Mystics

Options
ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
So last week I got kicked off a Full GV squad that was being formed because they needed 1 DD (were asking archer/wiz/seeker) and I didn't have a constant AoE skill, so they replaced me with a r8 +5 archer. (I'm R8 +8, full mag, 7k hp, 12k pdef, 5 attk/def lvls base)

When I pmed the rest of the squad about it, they didn't know jack about [?] damage reduction or anything. So, maybe the new generation of players (WTB 6x FC HEADS generation) is unaware of the damage reduction on [?] mobs/bosses, but It would be nice if people actually knew that Mystics sometimes are better than archers and most seekers in GV (on wizard... depends on the weapon... in my experience, squads work better with wiz/mystic) because:

1) All auras work on pets
2) Pets don't have damage reduction on waves. 2 of our pets have AoEs, and 1 of them does insane damage and has almost no cooldown on his aoe. Its name is Cragglord, case u don't know yet.
3) Plants can AoE debuff almost instantly(40% mdef / 20% p.def), it stacks with mire.
4) Mystics crappy nuke (12x weapon damage+stuff) don't have damage reduction on waves either, and it does considerable instant damage on waves.
4) Our AoEs can hit consecutevely faster (mistress, debuff plant, lyse, thicket, rapid growth, gale force, repeat depending on cooldown) than archers barrage iterations (3 seconds)...

Anyhoe, plz keep in mind, my iPhones battery runnin out.
Post edited by ArchAngeLi - Harshlands on

Comments

• Niner - Dreamweaver
    Niner - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Maybe they want BoA or DB?, where it deals constant dmg?
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I love mystics in delta :o They do tons of dmg. I wouldn't say you are better than a seeker. Since their aoe deals decent & they have better armours for tanking melee + get bp. I'd take both lol

Just form your own squad & invite friends
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't say you are better than a seeker. Since their aoe deals decent & they have better armours for tanking melee + get bp. I'd take both lol

I said "sometimes" because very few EGs are actively played (and obviously geared) in my server, most I see are TT90 +6, R8 +3/+5, in my opinion there's only 2 or 3 r8/NV +10 atm. I was only talkin damage wise. In my opinion both EGs shine on TW equally. I like doing GV on both of em. b:dirty
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

This is exactly what OP is talking about. Do you even understand "constant damage"?

If a mystic (or, say, psychic, for example....) is using AOEs CONSTANTLY, at a rate faster than the "constant" once per 3 seconds that BOA or DB hits, that is a CONSTANT AOE! (geezasfakman, I hardly ever resort to caps....)

The mobs feel no difference between me spamming AOEs and a DB or BOA, mystics are the same, with AOE attacking pets added in. Half the classes in the game are capable of dealing "constant" AOE damage.

Anyway, I'm gonna go run another delta. LF mystic/seeker/psychic/wizard/archer and bm&barb&cleric......

I said "sometimes" because very few EGs are actively played (and obviously geared) in my server, most I see are TT90 +6, R8 +3/+5, in my opinion there's only 2 or 3 r8/NV +10 atm. I was only talkin damage wise. In my opinion both EGs shine on TW equally. I like doing GV on both of em. b:dirty

My alt seeker out-damages rank 8 +10 demon BOA with her tt99 +4 swords, most of the damage from vortex comes from the skill anyway (100% weapon damage + 8300 at lvl 11, and procs 3 times for every one iteration of BOA or DB) also....she does have sage vortex and blade mastery, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It would be nice if people actually knew that Mystics are better than archers and most seekers in GV
    I was reading it seriously until that.
    You just returned the exact same attitude they had for you, back on other classes. Rank8 Mystic VS rank9 +10 archer in celestial BoA? or when rank9 is released for seekers?
    A more valid point would have been to say the interchangability is there between the various classes, and people should be more open to subbing in different classes in traditional roles. They booted you because of a blind "archer is better than you" attitude, and you just came here and said "Mystics are better than archers and seekers".
    There's a lot to consider in the argument, and variables will determine whether one specific person is more suited than another. Not flat out "Mystics are best", or "Seekers are best".
    Coming in here complaining about an attitude someone has against your class, then doing the exact same thing to other classes is........b:puzzled
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is exactly what OP is talking about. Do you even understand "constant damage"?

If a mystic (or, say, psychic, for example....) is using AOEs CONSTANTLY, at a rate faster than the "constant" once per 3 seconds that BOA or DB hits, that is a CONSTANT AOE! (geezasfakman, I hardly ever resort to caps....)

The mobs feel no difference between me spamming AOEs and a DB or BOA, mystics are the same, with AOE attacking pets added in. Half the classes in the game are capable of dealing "constant" AOE damage.

Anyway, I'm gonna go run another delta. LF mystic/seeker/psychic/wizard/archer and bm&barb&cleric......

You & me get it, but I don't think the squad that rejected her realised that.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The beauty of constant aoe is they're guaranteed to take aggro from cleric regardless if the person is afk or lagging. You can have a gm cape and all, but it's useless if there's no damage coming because the person isn't there because of some sort of emergency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I was reading it seriously until that.
    You just returned the exact same attitude they had for you, back on other classes. Rank8 Mystic VS rank9 +10 archer in celestial BoA?

You would have a point but as I said in the first post, they preferred a r8 +5 archer instead. That's the issue at hand. I said "most of the times", do you even pay attention to the sentences you read?

Obviuoysly, a good refined r9 would outdamage whatever. 94 attack levels much? , no one argues with that.

Read carefully again.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You would have a point but as I said in the first post, they preferred a r8 +5 archer instead. That's the issue at hand. I said "most of the times", do you even pay attention to the sentences you read?

Obviuoysly, a good refined r9 would outdamage whatever. 94 attack levels much? , no one argues with that.

Read carefully again.
    I was reading it correctly...and thats why I was taking it seriously. Until it turned into Mystics > Archers/seekers. You had all good points, and I get it completely. So why throw that attitude in it?
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Until it turned into Mystics > Archers/seekers. You had all good points, and I get it completely.?

never generalized.

anywayz... back on topic...

Mystics pawn!!!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mystics are better than archers/seekers in GV, mainly because one cragglord aoe is roughly equivalent to 7-8 ticks of BoA or Dragon's Breath. Granted, the aoe range is much smaller, so a lot of it depends on how well the mystic can multi-task healing the cragg (because it WILL be tanking the mobs instead of the barb) and positioning the cragg for the best aoe.

When I do GV the rest of the squad doesn't even bother to do anything for the first wave, since I can easily solo them all.

Constant AoE is overrated. People think 2 ticks of something weak is better than 1 tick of something strong since it looks like its doing "more".

I've been denied in "special" FC as well, even though I can take off 60% of a dragoon wave's hp in one aoe after HF. But people would rather have constant aoe ticks taking off 10% every 3 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    maybe they didnt want you cuz ur mystics face is ugly.....

.................................................. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've been denied in "special" FC as well, even though I can take off 60% of a dragoon wave's hp in one aoe after HF. But people would rather have constant aoe ticks taking off 10% every 3 seconds.

I get more invitations on my archer even though after 1st stun there's not much u can do but thunderous blast which is **** damage in my opinion, barrage has long cooldown, compared to what u can do with Mystics short antistun cooldown and pets not being stunned 100% of the time.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

it makes me mad when people dont bother to learn just a LITTLE bit about other classes. i think people are beginning to assume that if it dont got aps then it dont keel fast. ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Neither of those can reduce time in a full delta run by as much as 45 minutes like a single mystic can. Hell, I've been in a full run where the cleric d/c'd from wave 5 to the beginning of wave 9, with zero deaths thanks to 1 single mystic.

If there's one class specifically designed for GV, it's the mystic.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I play on dreamweaver.
    I regurlary squad with the same team.
    Our team consists of :

1.cleric level 90
    Sensoid of emptiness +5
    +75 Mag att shard
    no rank gear or whatsoever
    2.level 100 barb
    no rank gear either
    3.level 100 sin
    no rank gear either
    4.level 100 seeker
    no rank gear either
    5.level 96 bm
    no rank gear either
    6.level 91 mystic
    Silverrain +5
    2x 75 mag att shard

I love this squad setup, we succesfully finish delta

My job in the squad?
    DD
    my cragglord does AOE 35k up to 120k every hit
    while he does that , I put a plant, for debuff.
    most of the time, my craggy gets aggro after a few hits. EVEN if my crag dies, they will fall back on the barb .
    once the 20 sec are over. I get my storm mistress, charge mana and AOE damage again, roughly 15k up to 35k every hit.

When i see that the cleric gets hits, almost never happens in delta, sometimes in fc, i immediatley cast galeforce.

So you see , no wiz or archer in our squad, and no rank gear.
    this game is about knowing your class and knowing squad dynamics.
    I am pretty sure if the bm or seeker was replaced by an archer or wiz, we would also do pretty well.
    even without rank gear.

and oh btw, i dont have jones blessing coz it still doesnt work.b:angry
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well it is true that many people seem to have a preconcieved idea whats good for what ever instance an what isn't. Take me, a worthless sin for instance....
    I get turned down all the time for delta.
    Fact-I ran full delta without not a single bean dug-
    Cleric -bb psy,sin,bm with Barb pulling an veno afk after wave 3. No archers or wizzards.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah i dont get way for fc or any instances no one considers Mystics or venos. I mean personally i love the. Mystics cause of all the different buffs and healing, and darn that anti stun (MAN there was a time needed that ; /), plus keeping cleric alive and good for when unexpected things go wrong like death at hands boss from the hands.

Venos amplify, god its mad. I did an fc with sin and 2 venos, and it was so fast....Fast as having 3 sins with some aps. :/. So i dont understand why no one invites venos when their amp and luring and debuffs and bramble and pets are so useful. Also i dont understand why wizards also get negeltic for some instances too, when they are powerful, i love using my seeker debuffs for magic casters, just wish all classes were seen as useful, personally i think they all are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah i dont get way for fc or any instances no one considers Mystics or venos. I mean personally i love the. Mystics cause of all the different buffs and healing, and darn that anti stun (MAN there was a time needed that ; /), plus keeping cleric alive and good for when unexpected things go wrong like death at hands boss from the hands.

Venos amplify, god its mad. I did an fc with sin and 2 venos, and it was so fast....Fast as having 3 sins with some aps. :/. So i dont understand why no one invites venos when their amp and luring and debuffs and bramble and pets are so useful. Also i dont understand why wizards also get negeltic for some instances too, when they are powerful, i love using my seeker debuffs for magic casters, just wish all classes were seen as useful, personally i think they all are.

Indeed lol, all the caster classes are slowly being pulled apart more and more from instances, except cleric sometimes, ofc.

I have 2 aps alts so I can't complain much, but what about the new players that don't know about the "aps endgame instances" and stuff? hehe
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very few mystics I've run into even utilize storm mistress' hush or cragglord, not to mention lysing.

This stems from either 1) Utilization of Occam's Razor.. avoid hassle by going with the most simplistic method of success (most archers/wiz/seekers/psy know to utilize their AOE's and it doesn't take any real brain power or effort), or 2) Ignorance since most people I know don't realize mystic pets, like veno pets, don't have [?] dmg reduction, or mystics tend to solely use salvation instead of storm mistress so don't know that two summons do AOE. My lvl 90 mystic's storm mistress does 7200 damage with hush on mobs.. 13,000 with HF. Sufficed to say, that's pretty decent damage when combining with debuffs/lyse.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So u dont know much about your archer. At stun waves u should start boa, long time before your mobs arriving, then get back spark with cloud erruption, after if mobs stun u, then Elven Alacrity and BoA again (Cooldown already over if u started boa in time and not at last sec). Pretty easy. Ohhh yes if u dont know anything else just boa that is a problem. And btw STA and Thunderous Blast are good aoe skills too.
    /facepalm

Edit: Ooh, ninja'd you deleting your own post.
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Originally Posted by IceWolf - Dreamweaver

So u dont know much about your archer. At stun waves u should start boa, long time before your mobs arriving, then get back spark with cloud erruption, after if mobs stun u, then Elven Alacrity and BoA again (Cooldown already over if u started boa in time and not at last sec). Pretty easy. Ohhh yes if u dont know anything else just boa that is a problem. And btw STA and Thunderous Blast are good aoe skills too.

We were talking about Special FCs (*nudge nudge wink wink* kinda of FCs), not GV. Even so, STA and Blast do **** damage on [?] mobs, not to mention blasts long *** casting time. You don't know much about reading and comprehensive skills b:thanks

EDIT: nvm I guess you deleted ur post bc u realized ur mistake hehe.
  • fideldi
    fideldi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well anyway - as many said and know - the reason why mystics and venos have a hard time finding squads is cause lets say 80% dont know how to use their class and just plain suck in a squad. (They still can be decent solo players...) -> People are prejudiced...

Same goes with sins for example. There are many sins out there which arent really the kindest type of person which is one reason why many hate them (beside aps and stealth). Or clerics - since the new generation seems to use constant squad heal instead of ih/wellspring and co...

Just deal with it, go on runs with your friends who know what your capable of and have some fun ^^
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Very few mystics I've run into even utilize storm mistress' hush or cragglord, not to mention lysing.

This stems from either 1) Utilization of Occam's Razor.. avoid hassle by going with the most simplistic method of success (most archers/wiz/seekers/psy know to utilize their AOE's and it doesn't take any real brain power or effort), or 2) Ignorance since most people I know don't realize mystic pets, like veno pets, don't have [?] dmg reduction, or mystics tend to solely use salvation instead of storm mistress so don't know that two summons do AOE. My lvl 90 mystic's storm mistress does 7200 damage with hush on mobs.. 13,000 with HF. Sufficed to say, that's pretty decent damage when combining with debuffs/lyse.

I freaking love Storm Mistress for that skill. Hell, even Luna Blade does nasty damage. I've half-tanked slasher boss in FC with her when the rest of the squad wiped. That was a scary run. And craggy...let's just say that I can't wait until I hit 99 for his sage version. 3 more seconds? Yes please. Lysing is pretty useful although I admit that I don't use it all the time (and I have it maxed b:surrender). But it's more of me being forgetful than anything else.

I did an fc run (I'd love to do a delta as a mystic before I hit 100 and play around with her skills so that I'm not a complete nub when I get in there at bh 100 time) just last night with two mystics. Granted, I was worried since there was no continuous aoe, which I prefer at least one. But it worked. The other mystic had her Mistress out as well. **** died and everyone was happy. b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    We were talking about Special FCs (*nudge nudge wink wink* kinda of FCs), not GV. Even so, STA and Blast do **** damage on [?] mobs, not to mention blasts long *** casting time. You don't know much about reading and comprehensive skills b:thanks

EDIT: nvm I guess you deleted ur post bc u realized ur mistake hehe.

Sharptooth arrow does 15% damage to all mobs if its the first hit. Thats about 80k worth of damage on some mobs in RB. Demon tooth will give a 10% crit bonus for 15 seconds as well while sage does 20% hp.

The real strategy for archer on a stun wave is to first cast wings of grace for 15s of stun immunity, then sharp tooth for 15% hp debuff and the crit buff, then open barrage. When the stun immunity wears off you can just use expel and barrage will stay up for another 9 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sharptooth arrow does 15% damage to all mobs if its the first hit. Thats about 80k worth of damage on some mobs in RB. Demon tooth will give a 10% crit bonus for 15 seconds as well while sage does 20% hp.

The real strategy for archer on a stun wave is to first cast wings of grace for 15s of stun immunity, then sharp tooth for 15% hp debuff and the crit buff, then open barrage. When the stun immunity wears off you can just use expel and barrage will stay up for another 9 seconds.

Ast u must be r9 +12 by now so u can just faceroll keyboard and waves should be dead before heaven flames wear off. We were talkin about *nudge nudge wink wink* jail boss anyway.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ast u must be r9 +12 by now so u can just faceroll keyboard and waves should be dead before heaven flames wear off. We were talkin about *nudge nudge wink wink* jail boss anyway.

I wasn't always r9+12 D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thats why I said ".. by now" :D
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fideldi wrote: »
    Well anyway - as many said and know - the reason why mystics and venos have a hard time finding squads is cause lets say 80% dont know how to use their class and just plain suck in a squad. (They still can be decent solo players...) -> People are prejudiced...

Same goes with sins for example. There are many sins out there which arent really the kindest type of person which is one reason why many hate them (beside aps and stealth). Or clerics - since the new generation seems to use constant squad heal instead of ih/wellspring and co...

Just deal with it, go on runs with your friends who know what your capable of and have some fun ^^

Problem is that: Neither class is better than another in any instance.... it depends on what the player brings to the table. But most of our players in pwi are sorta brainless. Almost all of the new characters that are being created are hypered from 20 to 100 in less than a month. Many dont max skills until 100 or dont have decent gear until rank. And as they only care about culti, probably they dont even know how to engage in pve.

Venos are wonderful because they have purge... but a veno not using constant purge in bosses is almost like not having it. Same thing, a purge level 1 or 3 isnt as good as if it was maxed. I still remember the times in which venos in TT told me they didnt use purge because going to fox form will tick their mp charms... O.o

Im pretty sure a LA mystic doesnt deal as much damage as a pure magic mystic, however there is still people that believes that being pure magic is equal to being squisshy, so they go LA.

As many of us do, most GV squads are found through Worldchat. Which means that people usually dont know who they party with. And as we know already having good gear or high refined weapon doesnt mean the player is skillful or even clever enough to use their skills in good way or in the right time.

Im pretty sure that 80% of mystics out there wouldnt be quick enough or smart enough to use all the skills they could in GV. The fact that you could use them doesnt mean your class is better than the average seeker or archer... just means that you put some brains to it.

So please dont make a thread stating that mystics are better than most archers or seekers, when it depends 100% on what the player put to the character they have.

EDIT: If you dont wanna be kicked out of squads just team up with people that knows you and know what you are capable of doing or with your faction mates... (You still have a faction right?)
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This happened last week, it's not like Im getting kicked off squads or anything since I do GV everyday. Apart from that, this thread is about Mystics in GV and their actual capabilities, NOT just potential, in this specific instance, in which they have certain advantage since nor thicket, plants, or pets such as Mistress or Cragglord (both equipped with powerful AoEs) have damage reduction on [?] mobs/bosses.

Issue at hand was specifically the fact that they chose to replace with a lower refined rank archer based on a common misconception or lack of knowledge about the damage reduction itself. It's not 100% up to the player, a Lunar Bow +5 archer woudl not outdamage a rank 8 +5 wizard, no matter how good the archer is. Maybe we should GV together and see if mobs last longer with ur barrage or with me, considering I've done 5 man GVs (either with no cleric or no secondary DD) before and I've 1 shot entire waves on my Mystic back when I was r8 +6.

GG