Seeker Interval: Worth it?

iseekthee
iseekthee Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
So it's about time somebody proposed the question:

Is getting interval on a seeker worth it as they are limited to Swords and Blades?

I calculated it out and the max aps you can get with a sword at 10x is 2.22 unsparked, 2.86 demon sparked. And this includes an interval tome, the r6 sword, two pieces each of HA/LA HH99, interval wrist, NV pants, and an interval cape.

IMHO I don't think it's worth it, but just thought I'd ask the rest to see what your opinions are b:pleased
Post edited by iseekthee on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Etsuna - Heavens Tear
    Etsuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seekers weren't designed to be another 'spark -> auto attack' class.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Susylu for the siggy b:thanks
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not worth it. Would rather invest in DPH and the best gear available. At 99+, you'll have certain Armor pieces that add -int anyway so you'll still have a quicker attack than normal.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you're going to invest into any type of speed increasing attribute, get -channeling.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If you're going to invest into any type of speed increasing attribute, get -channeling.

No point since they are a melee class and like all melee classes they don't need -channel since most of their skills have very short channal times. And also they already have a skill witch cuts their channeling by 55% at lvl 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    actually most of their later end skills have 2 second channeling times and the - channeling skill they posess only lasts for 6 seconds
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • ZilCaVanz - Lost City
    ZilCaVanz - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i realise most my seeker skills take 1 sec total or less to use. like 0.3 0.7, 0.5 0.5 .

even the aoes take only tat much time, and the regular hits from sword is 0.91-1.11 ish. so i gues havin a macro of 5-6 skills is more dd then just auto att, but yea cost mp.

however i do fancy the idea of havin alot -chan gear just so its crazy fast n more fun. lol b:laugh

it doesnt seem to hav the best pvp skills but i seems fun to play. mayb at lv100 with r8 a seeker can hav like -6 chan neck, belt, and r8 ring, so tats like -18 chan b:chuckle kinda fun as an alt char to mess around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iseekthee
    iseekthee Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    -Channeling does seem nice at first. But take a look at the skills again... It's the casting time that makes the skills take as long as they do. They need to create some sort of -casting % armor xD
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    iseekthee wrote: »
    So it's about time somebody proposed the question:

Is getting interval on a seeker worth it as they are limited to Swords and Blades?

I calculated it out and the max aps you can get with a sword at 10x is 2.22 unsparked, 2.86 demon sparked. And this includes an interval tome, the r6 sword, two pieces each of HA/LA HH99, interval wrist, NV pants, and an interval cape.

IMHO I don't think it's worth it, but just thought I'd ask the rest to see what your opinions are b:pleased

wanna run by how you got 2.22 again, i get 2.0.

1.11 base (.9 seconds between hits)

-.05 weapon
    -.05 tome
    -.05 cape
    -.05 HA bonus
    -.05 LA bonus
    -.05 nirv pants
    -.10 wrists (Either HA or LA)

.9 - .4 = .5 or 2.0
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • SephaGevurah - Sanctuary
    SephaGevurah - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No point since they are a melee class and like all melee classes they don't need -channel since most of their skills have very short channal times. And also they already have a skill witch cuts their channeling by 55% at lvl 1.

Hmm not to be a killjoy or anything, but I put this whole channel theory to effect and as I expected you kill a hell of a lot faster. And seeker with channel rivals head to head with aps sins/bm.

And also our channel reducing skill:

Blade Affinity Level 1

Mana 26.5
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Principle

Decreases the time it takes to Channel spells by 44%.
    Lasts for 6 seconds.

Now lets be honest 60.0 seconds cool down is a pain, sadly this is the shortest of our awesome abilities.
    Not to mention when facing a sin or bm you have to be quick and trust me it sucks to cast Blade Affinity then get stunned for hmm guess what 6 seconds the same amount of time Blade last, thus making it null and void in some combat situations.
    Now of course I had to test this against a sin so I asked a good friend of mine to aid me and she was kind enough to be my guinea pig (so to speak).

2nu3uqu.jpg

Granted I should have shown the damage as well, and if you are still in this belief I can find another sin to test this on. Thing is before you misconstrue anything it is very wise to test it. Failure to do so only makes you look as if you are a lazy fool.

In conclusion, you do kill faster. And with the use of Parchedblade Dance you can manage a decent stun lock.
    As for interval hey if you can figure out a way to pull it off with out crippling yourself go ahead. One pro of int, is the more you hit as a seeker = more chi = Edge blade or Vortex spam :p
    We test in order to reach success.

b:chuckle

Also here is the lowdown on my current gear with the channel adorn + rings.

http://pwcalc.com/744f93c315908bdf
  • Morghast - Dreamweaver
    Morghast - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    -chan on a Seeker is just stupid; we only have a handful of skills that would take full advantage of it, and for those skills, a good Seeker would use Blade Affinity. Too much -int on a Seeker is equally stupid. Find a balance between -int for marking targets and using the corresponding skills, instead of being a Seeker who spams everything because the animations are cool.

I'm looking at you, Seekers who use Gemini Slash without BA on on targets unmarked with Spirit Bore.
  • Rakshasis - Lost City
    Rakshasis - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't know here's my thoughts. Perhaps having both -int and -chan might make a good combo if you balance it out right. If you can find a balance between the two of them, then perhaps it might help.
    Tremble in Fear! For we are Mystics the Undead casters from Hell![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SephaGevurah - Sanctuary
    SephaGevurah - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol I enjoy how everyone has an input. Here's an idea play your character the way you feel is best instead of trying to call everything fail or say this and that blows or go on about how one class is op. Honestly until a dev says any different our opinions don't really matter. b:victory
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Given the base damage of your class weapons any aps above 2.0 would be suitable for pvp, just don't expect to perma spark. Why ppl think they need 5 aps for every thing is beyond me, 5 aps is for sucky damage claws and daggers.
    PWI b:bye
  • Blandr - Raging Tide
    Blandr - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Given the base damage of your class weapons any aps above 2.0 would be suitable for pvp, just don't expect to perma spark. Why ppl think they need 5 aps for every thing is beyond me, 5 aps is for sucky damage claws and daggers.

sucky damage ? lol Ocean Supreme Daggers can deal 10k+ damage with normal hit i think thats pretty good damage

going Interval for a seeker is a waste of time really , seekers are dph class
  • digitalpulse
    digitalpulse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    -int and/or -chan for a seeker is both an "ok" move. It's not great where you see a a very big dramatic omgwtf OP change but there will be a slight improvement which is almost slightly laughable like a teehee.

However, to be fair, -int may show some potential advantage over -chan. I say this because with BA you can still skill spam and yet have -int to auto attack when you feel lazy to skill spam. It's like -int gives a bonus. Again this "bonus" is NOT a very big dramatic omgwtf OP change. It's a teehee.

-teehee xD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    interval is.........not......well if u have it, use it, but dont go looking for it basically.

Not sure if this is even worth naming. -channeling is something that needs to be stacked for it to be worth a damn. There is a reason why alot of arcane classes try to gain 50% -channeling and above. Because its not worth the loss of defense you sacrifice for it, if the return is so minimal. basically if u stack it half @ss theres a chance the loss is greater than the gain >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hmm not to be a killjoy or anything, but I put this whole channel theory to effect and as I expected you kill a hell of a lot faster. And seeker with channel rivals head to head with aps sins/bm.

And also our channel reducing skill:

Blade Affinity Level 1

Mana 26.5
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Blade or Sword

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Principle

Decreases the time it takes to Channel spells by 44%.
    Lasts for 6 seconds.

Now lets be honest 60.0 seconds cool down is a pain, sadly this is the shortest of our awesome abilities.
    Not to mention when facing a sin or bm you have to be quick and trust me it sucks to cast Blade Affinity then get stunned for hmm guess what 6 seconds the same amount of time Blade last, thus making it null and void in some combat situations.
    Now of course I had to test this against a sin so I asked a good friend of mine to aid me and she was kind enough to be my guinea pig (so to speak).

2nu3uqu.jpg

Granted I should have shown the damage as well, and if you are still in this belief I can find another sin to test this on. Thing is before you misconstrue anything it is very wise to test it. Failure to do so only makes you look as if you are a lazy fool.

In conclusion, you do kill faster. And with the use of Parchedblade Dance you can manage a decent stun lock.
    As for interval hey if you can figure out a way to pull it off with out crippling yourself go ahead. One pro of int, is the more you hit as a seeker = more chi = Edge blade or Vortex spam :p
    We test in order to reach success.

b:chuckle

Also here is the lowdown on my current gear with the channel adorn + rings.

http://pwcalc.com/744f93c315908bdf

Says the lazy fool posted 4 months late... that post I made was in March so the Earthguard was still "new" at the time and nobody (including myself) knew much about them during that time... so yea..

Also yea -channel makes you attack faster but like what Deceptistar said above me you need a ton of -channel gear to really see a difference and since you are a HA class theres not much -channed you can get your hands on and I also have to add in that -channel I'snt cheap so you will be paying a pretty penny for those gears... ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    How could I miss this?
This discussion has been closed.