• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    River Cross Captain
    Devastator
    Ocean Tusker

Forget the Captain. He may be immune to damage, but his abysmally low attack damage (and the fact that he doesn't attack anyway) invalidates him as an opponent.

---
    EDIT: I assume you mean Ocean Protector, since Tusker is... stupidly easy? Even so the Protector is not that hard either, though his debuff is a pain in the ***.
    ---

The Devastaor is by far the most fearsome opponent in PWI, no contest.

I still stand by my original Archo guards suggestion or Man's the Dismal Duke + Harpy simultaneously and then Haunted Headless right after.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Exactly.... *evil laugh*

ooooh .....gotcha >:D
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So many stupid comments in this thread, almost all of them. I wonder if people realize a pve task has nothing to do with pvp and the actual tournament at China.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So many stupid comments in this thread, almost all of them. I wonder if people realize a pve task has nothing to do with pvp and the actual tournament at China.

Captain obvious much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yaoshi - Raging Tide
    Yaoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:victory
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ok just so the gm's know: it takes 10 minutes to put up a functional server.( maybe u need some help from those kids that have private servers)
    another 10 minutes to lvl all the participants to a certain lvl and give them the stuff they need to compete and there u have a real competition and not a pve bull**** to decide who will pvp vs the other versions.

How can u even find out what is the beast team to represent us in the PVP tournament when the actual teams won;t even fight eachother?

No offense Franky but i am realy starting to think u guys don't know anything about this game or u just don't care who will represent this version of the game.

All the rules of the tournament till now seem to be made up by someone who didn't even play this game for a day. Not to mention the lack of basic knowledge about how a game server works and what it takes to make it functional fast.

So my suggestion is get a new server admin ....idk 12-13 yo and he will do the job for u guys.

Have a nice day!!!

that, all of that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Forget the Captain. He may be immune to damage, but his abysmally low attack damage (and the fact that he doesn't attack anyway) invalidates him as an opponent.

---
    EDIT: I assume you mean Ocean Protector, since Tusker is... stupidly easy? Even so the Protector is not that hard either, though his debuff is a pain in the ***.
    ---

The Devastaor is by far the most fearsome opponent in PWI, no contest.

I still stand by my original Archo guards suggestion or Man's the Dismal Duke + Harpy simultaneously and then Haunted Headless right after.

Totally meant Ocean Tusker. JUST for the purpose of making people wonder wtf it was doing there before somebody 1-shots it.
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ok just so the gm's know: it takes 10 minutes to put up a functional server.( maybe u need some help from those kids that have private servers)
    another 10 minutes to lvl all the participants to a certain lvl and give them the stuff they need to compete and there u have a real competition and not a pve bull**** to decide who will pvp vs the other versions.

How can u even find out what is the beast team to represent us in the PVP tournament when the actual teams won;t even fight eachother?

No offense Franky but i am realy starting to think u guys don't know anything about this game or u just don't care who will represent this version of the game.

All the rules of the tournament till now seem to be made up by someone who didn't even play this game for a day. Not to mention the lack of basic knowledge about how a game server works and what it takes to make it functional fast.

So my suggestion is get a new server admin ....idk 12-13 yo and he will do the job for u guys.

Have a nice day!!!

honestly, this would probably be the better of every solution. have every final team face each other in a server vs server pk same rules as the faction vs faction pk to decide server champs. last man standing wins pwi champ status for his squad. hell if u get to workin on it now guys u may be done in time to well..... watch all the other versions fight in china while pwi is left out. unless ofc u find a 14yr old who can make up a mock server in 20mins just for this. cuz we all know pwi devs take weeks upon weeks to make a server.

anyway if i had to chose any boss, atleast make it a challenge. make each server fight a GM in Gm gear. fastest one to kill him wins. i mean our gm's do nothing else in game anyway. may aswell put u guys to work for this event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TT hands can actually be killed, I just dont recommend it as when killed they explode for 2x the normal damage.

Pretty much last boss from archo event is the only challenge remaining in the game, equally grab the stun boss from PVE tier 2 TW, and amp him up with more HP and damage (so he is closer to last archo boss for damage per hit and about 8x his normal hp) then let him loose, I guarantee he will wipe the squads multiple times before he goes down but his HP doesnt reset when you die so he will be killable eventually the squad that wins will be the squad that dds most consistantly on a boss the does significant damage (so at least it will involve some team work not point zerk sin at boss amp as much as possible and see who lags less).
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dismal Duke, Harpy Wraith is too easy. It's soloable lol.

Something like Damned Gaurnob may be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cerberean Sentinel, Cenminator, Devastator...ALL of them at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You know how if you fail delta by taking too long during the boss when it's like "the destroyer will arrive in ____" and you don't kill in time, then that one boss shows up with like 5000000000000 hp, immune to damage, and hits you for like 500k damage?

Yea spawn him.

Also I'm curious as to how killing a boss shows skill in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not that phy immune boss from abaddon, any cleric with >10k hp and charm can solo him easy.
    If its a race against the clock however, this one can be interesting

The problem is, there arn't much bosses that are a challenge to a TOP geared Squad in pwi anymore. It have to be multiple bosses and some ads that sleep or aoe stun to make it difficult enough for that r9+10 and +12 weapon squads.

I would like it better when waves are spawned and they become harder and harder to a point where the squad is BOUND to die. Send in waves and take time they stay alive. Who survived the longest time wins
    I hate Room 38
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why not.. Harpy wraith diguised as kunkun :o b:pleased

This. Then he does a mad AoE and one shots everything. No one wins the Tournament?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    anyway if i had to chose any boss, atleast make it a challenge. make each server fight a GM in Gm gear. fastest one to kill him wins. i mean our gm's do nothing else in game anyway. may aswell put u guys to work for this event.

If there are any gm's left that know how to play you mean. Anyways a new boss would probably be best I think so squads are not immediately familiar with its attacks and patterns. Go on PWI you can use existing mob/boss models to create it as per usual- we're used to that now! b:cute

Sad that it'll be decided in this way- PVE servers will get fastest time for sure! v__v
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think part of the problem with a gm fight is not all of the gms are the same, some are better at PK than others. If anything, it would ideally be a cross server tournament. Since that's not possible I think that it should be a couple of different bosses so that it doesn't come down to luck (eg a lucky crit)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver
    Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I suggest a World Boss be spawned as the timed boss portion of the contest should require some sort of difficulty that isnt easily defeated.
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I suggest a World Boss be spawned as the timed boss portion of the contest should require some sort of difficulty that isnt easily defeated.

yea like a boss with bramble? b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Posted By SashaGrey
    having a PVE aspect of a PVP tournament is dumb as hell anyway
    Posted By Asterelle
    Why are we killing mobs in a PVP tournament again?
    Posted By Azura
    None, because killing a boss has nothing to do with player vs player. Also none, because in the tournament that will be held at China you aren't going to kill any boss, it will just player vs player.
    Posted By SQUISHKASS
    Why would you put a pve task on a pvp tourney is beyond me...
    Posted by Nekhebet
    Ok just so the gm's know: it takes 10 minutes to put up a functional server.( maybe u need some help from those kids that have private servers)

^ This

Seriously, what the hell you guys at PWE get paid for - if you can't even do this one thing, that was announced about 2 month ago already...
    That to me is the biggest sign of incompetence I have actually seen you guys do, and it makes me sad.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^ This

Seriously, what the hell you guys at PWE get paid for - if you can't even do this one thing, that was announced about 2 month ago already...
    That to me is the biggest sign of incompetence I have actually seen you guys do, and it makes me sad.

This^^^I agree here x 10,000. Pve on this game has one broken dominant strategy to making it easy mode anyway, it is a horrible way to judge who is best on a pvp aspect. The teams who want to win will be forced to bring along no more than than the required classes of caster and the rest just people who can equip for 5 aps. Whoever decided to do it like this clearly doesn't know anything about the game or about how to do their job.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    how about if instead of a Boss you make it that the team of 6 players have to solo a lvl 1 land (like Archosaur and 1k) and whoever kills all mobs faster wins?

I think we can all agree this sounds like good fun and challenging!b:victory
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just make 6 GM accounts on each server for the same 6 GMs, deck them in full +12 vit / JoSD etc and pit them against the winners of each server.

Would be much more intelligent than killing a stupid boss. Your just going to get the squad with a person who has a set of farm gear (Say a BM with fullR9 AND +12 TT100+int gears) as opposed to the one with the most skill. (ID not hesitate to say a few Nirvana BMs will rock R9s.)
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just make 6 GM accounts on each server for the same 6 GMs, deck them in full +12 vit / JoSD etc and pit them against the winners of each server.

Would be much more intelligent than killing a stupid boss. Your just going to get the squad with a person who has a set of farm gear (Say a BM with fullR9 AND +12 TT100+int gears) as opposed to the one with the most skill. (ID not hesitate to say a few Nirvana BMs will rock R9s.)

Nah a boss is harder then 6 Gm's whit the best gear lol..they don't know anything about this game...90% of them know as much about the game i forgot. And btw i have a good memory:))) . And this is not an offense to to pwe staff it's just a conclusion i reached after reading all the posts made by Franky.

But then again i could be wrong :))) tho i doubt it.

For once i would love to be able to say" well done PWI great work" but i guess i have to wait a bit more.

ok enough about this game back to FW. A "PWE" game i hope they won't ruin in the near future.

Have a nice day!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is there a boss named "Why the hell would I care about this competition at all"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Here's an idea...

Why not let us (ppl who have been playing since the beginning) go up against the chosen?
    Give us some type of blessing to make us GM-like in a TW style map, and play hunt and squish?
    One hour time limit, 1 GM blessing toon vs 6 chosen squad. The goal for them is to stay alive. Those who survive move on to next round.

It would prove their PVP skills and allow those of us who aren't "the chosen ones" to have input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There used to be a boss in olf FCC that was impossible to kill; he used to stun everyone and then aoe and everyone died. Dunno the name of him but he was impossible to kill :)

Just having a boss with huge HP isn't really special. Testing the factions strategies and the ability to work together is far more challenging. So a boss that stuns, has random aggro, AOEs and all that is better suited I think ^^
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee, both with reflect buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee, both with reflect buffs.

^^^
    lol this, but guess they dont need reflect after all b:laughb:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Have a nice day!!!

^ QFT (again :p)

Do the GM's need a server to use? I know a few that could easily be utilized and are ready for whatever needs to be implemented for this. The coding it takes to implement anything needed is insanely easy and can be done in a few minutes....b:avoid

*slowly backs away*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ancient Sea Dragon:
    with high attack, aoe and stuns? o.o
    We would be at it all night, teehee ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2