BM Genie Discussion

Options
Calvin - Lost City
Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Blademaster
Hello everyone, I am new to this game. I just started pvp with my SAGE BM, and I saw a slot in my gear for genie. Obviously, genie is useful in pvp as I read the other classes' forum, they have a genie guide. After I read all the BM genie guides, I can't find any decent post or even a post that sounds good for me. Any great BM can post their genie and build a wall of text?

PvE people can join in discussion too althought I know you guys are "PvE".

P.S. I am a sage axe/claw/pike bm. :(
Post edited by Calvin - Lost City on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    vit/mag based expel geni, no sin will ever kill you! And you can totaly stop 1/2 of blade tempest

No really are you serious?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You don't have sword, so I don't think even a genie will help you much.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:laugh LOLLL Calvin. U new to this game?!b:laugh Were u bored or what was the main reason u started this thread?b:chuckle
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:sadI am new to this game. I heard you pro bm, any guide for this noobie bm?b:surrender
  • IronCloud - Lost City
    IronCloud - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like True Emptiness, does decent damage in the air (ranged) but more importantly gives us a 3500 magic damage shield for around 12 seconds [on a str genie with around 100 str] and can be used with any amount of energy. So even with 2 energy on a genie you can get the minimum of 2500 shield for 8 seconds! 20 second cool down.

Then again this is probably far more useful to a bm with my current gear than one with around 18k m.res like you have with marrow Calvin :D
    b:pleased
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Where is TheDan and others pro BM who always on forum? me need advicez plz
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Where is TheDan and others pro BM who always on forum? me need advicez plz

Lol, you're not being serious are you? Looked like a troll post to me, heh. But I have 3 genies, 2 for PvP, and 1 for PvE. I'm too lazy to post my PvE one, because it's pretty much a throwaway genie, used purely for dps with frenzy tangling mire, etc.

The first PvP genie I have is a STR genie. Level 103 85/100 LP with 80 Str 50 Vit 72 Magic 3 Dex

It's got:

Absolute Domain Lv10
    Holy Path Lv10
    Occult Ice Lv10
    Whirlwind Lv1
    Virulent poison Lv1 to chi drain, comboing before mo zun's taunt
    Dissolve Lv10 to chi drain, comboing after mo zun's taunt
    Cloud Eruption Lv1 For chi regen in Mass PvP or TW

I was never able to obtain a 91LP genie for under 200M so instead I just keep multiple 81LP genies for different situations.

I occasionally swap out Cloud Eruption for Fortify Lv1 or Will Surge Lv10, depends what I'm doing or who I'm fighting)

My logic is that chi drain is more effective in terms of genie energy and disables your enemy from being able to nuke the **** out of you, or kite. For example, archers without their WOG or elven alacrity are easily stun-lockable, psychics and BMs without chi won't be able to really stun-lock you, etc. Mages without chi won't be able to essential sutra you, or whatever other combo they use. Let's face it, without being able to triple spark to any long range user's disposal, a good geared BM can pretty much tank any combo, unless purged. All these chi drain skills are STR based and work well with occult ice stun-lock. It's a good way to survive, draining enemy chi. I use this mostly against rangers / casters, dex genie for melees. For only 75 energy, (30 Virulent and 45 Dissolve), combo-ed with taunt reduces enemy chi by up to 2.5 sparks every 30 seconds, at reduction of own chi by like 50.

Absolute Domain is pretty much the only reliable skill that will save you in a dire situation, so **** like wind shield or tree won't do much good, tree especially because of the inefficient energy cost (115).

The only time Chi drain is useless is against sins' tidal protection, that's when I would use a dex genie for fortify and badge of courage.

My Dex pvp genie is 81/100 LP level 103 with 100 Dex, 50 Vit, 50 magic, 3 Str

It's got:

Holy Path Lv10
    Wind Shield Lv1
    Absolute Domain Lv10
    Cloud Eruption Lv 1
    Badge of Courage Lv10
    Fortify Lv 1
    Extreme Poison Lv10

Pretty much for playing defensively against sins or other PvP where I am going to fight a lot of melees. I prefer to go more offensive against mages since most heavy armors are more prolonged fights. Sins especially are able to dodge chi drain, so playing defensively until they've wasted their headhunt will allow you to counter and roll them since they're usually pretty squishy compared to another heavy.

Basically you want to build your genie in a fashion that's most efficient in energy cost and potency... Since the most favored genies for BM PvP are either Str or Dex based, and not Vit/Mag, it's important that the skills you pick are going to be effective with each other and able to make combo-ing possible.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well imo this is very useful TheDan. Whats your opinion about Weakness? Have u or anybody tried it and find good ?
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I am a sage axe/claw/ debuff pike bm.
    If I has $$, I would get some 91+ too.
    I had a str genie before,
    100str
    3dex
    ?vit (forgot)
    ?magic (forgot)

10 occult ice
    10 law breaker
    1 whirlwind
    1 cloud eruption
    10 tangling mire
    10 domain
    10 break paralyze

I think that's what I had before, I don't really remember lol. This genie is really efficient against mage, and in general pvp this genie is pretty good. With this genie, when I fight mage, I usually use law breaker when they seal me, ice them after they badge of courage my stuns, whirlwind +smack when they fortify. Break paralyze and tangling mire can be replaced as other skills for your own pk style. I just like to mire, dragon, sage fissure for mage to BT, and keep break paralyze to escape EA/EP/Seeker/Sin or other long paralyze skill, so I can get close to targets and stun. For the weakness of this genie, not defensive at all. As a BM, I see BM as a assist role in pk. Our survivability is 1st priority to BM. So, I made this vit genie.

3str
    5dex
    118vit
    50magic

wind force
    1 whirlwind
    1 fortify
    10 windshield
    10 holy path
    10 faith
    10 immune metal / will surge / other skill

That's my genie for now, I find this genie pretty good but compare to the old str genie, my survivability has increase alot. Without ice and law breaker, it is so hard to 1v1 a decent mage, but it is still possible to win. The last slot of skill will be changed depends on the situation. Immune metal for vs EA/Seeker/EP because I find them hardest to fight 1v1, facing EA/Seeker with r9, I wouldn't marrow even I don't have chi at all. Getting immune make it so much easier to fight against them.

My dream genie 91+
    for str build

10 occult ice
    10 tree of protection
    10 tangling mire
    1 whirlwind
    10 lawbreaker
    10 break paralyze
    10 TE
    10 domain

for vit build
    1 whirlwind
    1 fortify
    10 windshield
    10 holy path
    10 faith
    10 immune metal
    10 will surge
    10 domain

for dex build
    1 whirlwind
    1 fortify
    1 cloud
    10 windshield
    10 Badge of Courage
    10 holy path
    10 domain
    10 poison

Post your bm genies and discuss.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well imo this is very useful TheDan. Whats your opinion about Weakness? Have u or anybody tried it and find good ?

If that's the one that reduces attack speed, it sucks. If memory serves correctly, it costs a ridiculous amount of energy and only lasts like 5 seconds. Not worth it.

@ Calvin, I've never tested a Vit genie with faith before, quite interesting actually. I too was considering using that skill, but couldn't find a way to utilize it properly. The affinity cost of it was the main problem for me. It costs 7 wood and fire so you can't really use cloud eruption unless you want to give up absolute domain. Probably more viable for Sage BMs as you can get away with master li's technique instead of cloud. I think a demon BM might be better off defensively with the Dex genie though... they're both good. But meh, a strong offense is also a strong defense, if you will. Gotta love chi drain on priority targets sometimes.

I used to be sage as well, it was always a pain fighting EAs in mass PK. Sage marrow dropped my phys def too low so I'd always get dropped by them in mass PK. The one thing I always liked about becoming demon was being able to demon bell after mage marrow to prevent EA ****.

• Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You are lv105, you can get a lv105 genie with faith and domain.

For TW, I really like my faith genie. But in addition, I think there is still improvement can be made. 91+ lv105 genie
    10faith
    1fortify
    1whirlwind
    10holy path
    10domain

3slots left

Here are some good choices, but
    10 immune metal (my 1st pick)
    10 will surge (my 1st pick also)
    10 wind shield (so and so on this one, since lv10 need 62energy and low dex 6sec shield)
    10 TE

I want to find some low energy good defensive skill for this genie, as effective as dex build wind shield would be amazing. Any suggestion?

For the steal chi part, I think that's amazing for 1v1 but I like skills that help me survive instead of taking someone's chi, which doesn't really help in TW / mass pvp to finish my job imo. BTW, do you have the lv100 p.def buff skill? My friend Pharaoh says it is useless. I am not sure how useful it would be for a sage bm, I think it is pretty good. Tell me what you think about that skill.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't spend like 300-400M spirit to level 105 a genie unless it were 91+, but yes it is possible to get those skills with a 105 genie.

The only real defensive low energy cost genie skills that you haven't already mentioned would be like level 5 tree, STR genie though.

Buddha Guard isn't bad if you have the coin to afford it. Consider it an AoE phys invoke that costs no chi, lasts 10 seconds, and you can mage marrow with it up against Archers/Sins that are IGed. It's nice to use when you or your squad mates under heavy gank, but pretty much an oh **** moment skill. The only bad thing about it is it had a 10 minute cool-down, but it's useful for the squad if they're under mass gank and the enemies are IGed or something. Also works as a nice saver after a purge on squishies in squad.

• Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Str genie
    10 ice
    10 lawbreaker
    1 ww
    10 domain
    10 TE
    5 tree
    1 fortify
    1 cloud

what do you think about this genie@@?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Looks good for a STR genie, that's everything I'd use if I were to swap out my chi drain skills for mass PvP. The only other thing I'd use sometimes would be Holy Path, but that's optional provided you can use aerogear.

• Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This is a thread i've been waiting for.

I've always wondered about a good PvE and PvP genie for a BM and ofcourse it seems that the chi drain skills put out a good deal in the genie.

I've tested the chi skills back then but then again i didnt test both of them at lv 1 so that means wich a decent str genie you may suck up to 2 sparks from the enemy wich is kinda godlike.

However, i would like to announce one more good skill for the genie if you have an extra slot.

Its cheap, but useful as beer in the fridge.

So i just build this genie out of these posts here and i had a str genie earlier wich got replaced by my 81/100 PvE Zeal.

My Infliction's gonna be a PvP str genie and it looks following;

79/103 LP

81 STR
    6 DEX
    50 VIT
    55 MAG

Why did i pick the following skills? Lets go!

Holy Path Lv10; You know your speed skills will be in cooldown in like 20 seconds? That's not what any BM wants for his survivability. With Holy Path you can go almost permament speedbuff as a BM while your other speedbuffs are in cooldown. That means you may cast 2 HP's out of the genie, but be careful - the genie is a lend-a-hand only so you rely on your char skills. So make sure you use every bit of them before you lay your hands on the genie.

Blind Sand Lv10; Thats when the situation gets tricky on ranged/casters and why do i suggest this for every BM? Requires 25 energy at lvl 10 and its 20 range. With a good amount of STR you may get your enemy at channeling and APS downed for 25% (Thats with 80 str) So that's basically the Demon Spark buff? Get it if your genie is strenght or dex, works for both and is a an awesome skill to use, to buy yourself time.

True Emptiness Lv10; Most BM's say they love this skill, so do i. Helps out a lot against any caster, wich we have a dire need for aswell! With a good amount of strenght it can onehit crit midgeared AA classes. So, up to you if you will use it or not - it has its downside aswell, sucks all your energy at once, so make this to be your last option against ranged magic users.

Virulent Poison Lv2; Under testing

Dissolve Lv2; Under testing

Tangling Mire Lv10; That's a must for STR genies if you plan on doing out your opponent in no time, the higher the strenght the better effect. So yes this one basically gives a major boost on taking down LA/AA users. HA is kinda easy for us anyway.

PS; I will edit and spread more info if i get to my testing the genie, but so far i've been all good with this one cause i love str genie and it's always loved me.

I'm a Sage BM aswell and think its kinda better than any other class if you know what you are doing >_>

PS2; To one other thing, im not a real pvp person myself but heck, now it's time to give it a go :]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You would want to put lv10 occult ice in your genie, also lawbreak imo. Personally, I love lawbreaker especially 1v1 a mage. Keep testing out, real experience is better than posting here.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You would want to put lv10 occult ice in your genie, also lawbreak imo. Personally, I love lawbreaker especially 1v1 a mage. Keep testing out, real experience is better than posting here.

Will surge works on psys as well, Pretty much the only way to kill one outside of an IG pot or a 3 sparked rank 9 zerk crit.

Unless your dead set on wasteing 2 geni spots on seal blockers I would go with will, Much more utility can stop repeated seals etc, just takes better timeing to use effectivly.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I tried will surge to fight psychic, but I found that I don't need that cuz I am a sage axe bm. =,=I rather use wind shield or faith or whirlwind more.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Is break paralyze actually good? I've always leaped out of paralyze so I've only ever bothered using law breaker. Only time I could see break paralyze being good is if you're locked and rubber banded in the air, but you take half damage.

Wind prison also seems like it's doable for a 1v1 genie with high dex. For when people use fortify you just need to use bolt with it to lock them.

• Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When you droping in the middle of air, EA/ Seeker/ EP / Sin paralyze you and can still kill you with air to ground damage then I would break it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I tried will surge to fight psychic, but I found that I don't need that cuz I am a sage axe bm. =,=I rather use wind shield or faith or whirlwind more.

Unless you have rank 9 axes i sincerely doubt your going to kill a +10 white vodoo psy much less a rank 9 with that method. b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya I have a r9 axes

Right, I'm more inclined to belive that somone with rank 9 axes has high enough DPH than a sage bm with...mediocre boots to weapon adds on skills? As was said in my first post so redundant convo is redundant.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya I have a r9 axes

Do you use 2 pieces? or full? I'm planning on getting r9 chest and axe.

• IronCloud - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Do you use 2 pieces? or full? I'm planning on getting r9 chest and axe.

Full is a lot better for pvp, if you have the money. But I am starting the same way, chest and axes. See what happens from there, the armor pieces are so cheap lol it's hard not to get the full set (minus the belt[which is also worth it]).
  • Calvin - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If I have the money, I would get full r9. auto 4sockets more hp refine epic set bonus
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The cost of full R9 isn't the problem for me, it's the matter of whether or not it's worth it to outfit my current gear or to just get 2 pieces and then the G16 neck/belt for the other +10 def level and +12 current gears. The R9 gear pieces itself is cheap, but it's the refines and resharding that kills me. The R9 is gonna have less defenses unless it's at a minimum +10 refine because all my current HA interval gear is +11 and +10 Vit stoned... To redo any of those pieces and re-shard with JOSD (60M ea) is gonna have to be done all at once or else it won't outfit my current gear.

If I were to invest the 2-3 billion redoing the gear just to get it +10, I could have easily taken the same amount of money to +12 my current gear and get 2 pieces of R9 and the G16 cube neck/warsong belt for the 2nd set of +10 def level... so eh, that's my main problem.

What's your opinion of this?

• IronCloud - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I see your predicament Dan. And honestly if you're not super motivated to get the full rank set, there's nothing wrong with +12 2nd cast etc. But if you want the very best, there's only one choice, that's all. The set bonuses from rank 9 are more than triple as good as any other bonus any other set could give. If you have the money or the time and want a new goal, go for the full rank 9 set. It'll only increase your defenses(pdef, mres, HP AND Def lvl) while giving you a huge Atk Lvl increase at the same time. Not to mention the guaranteed 16 sockets, this is just my opinion.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I had Lawbreaker for a while. Then I realized that with 75 energy, I might as well just cast OI on them instead of breaking the seal.
    Is break paralyze actually good? I've always leaped out of paralyze so I've only ever bothered using law breaker. Only time I could see break paralyze being good is if you're locked and rubber banded in the air, but you take half damage.

Law breaks seal not paralyze.