Selling TM Banable Offence? GM!

Okeano - Harshlands
Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Well, since I can't "suggest" it or it'll get moved to "Lowerdepth" aka Suggestion, let's try it as a question.

Selling spots in your squad is not bannable, but what about selling spots to run through an instance that wasn't meant for your level range (Trophy Mode) while other people in the squad leeches off your damage and get first prize every time?
Post edited by Okeano - Harshlands on

Comments

• TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    people sell fc (not just heads but it seems some people sell whole runs too), i dont see how it would be any different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How about we just label it "trading". It won't sound so bad right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    people abuse the fcc glitch even asking for it in WC and that seems perfectly allowed so dont see why selling TM would be bad b:surrender maybe cause then less people will buy packs to get lunar wing trophys?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    There's an exp reduction if a high level runs you through it. There isn't a contribution reduction for TM runs.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    People have been selling TM runs for a while now. Why would it all of a sudden be a bannable offence?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    =.=don't take away my $$ tree, I am shaking it and getting good $$.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    People have been selling TM runs for a while now. Why would it all of a sudden be a bannable offence?

PWI doesn't follow this pattern of thinking...after all look at the current policy for pking in secret passage.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I'm not saying it should be strictly bannable, I'm just mirroring this thread. It's still an exploit.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    PWI doesn't follow this pattern of thinking...after all look at the current policy for pking in secret passage.

Yea, I know they dont follow that way of thinking. Im just saying, its been too long for it to be a bannable offence. And no one is complaining about it, so i dont see what the big deal is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Yea, I know they dont follow that way of thinking. Im just saying, its been too long for it to be a bannable offence. And no one is complaining about it, so i dont see what the big deal is.

We're complaining about it now are we not? >:D
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I'm not saying it should be strictly bannable, I'm just mirroring this thread. It's still an exploit.

"Selling spots in your squad is not cheating, nor is it bannable." As quoted by Frankie in the thread u mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    We're complaining about it now are we not? >:D

>.> No, this is a discussion not complaining o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I wasnt talking about you guys >.> What i meant was i dont see a problem with it to make it bannable
    The problem is lower level TM was never meant for 100+ to blast through. If so, they might as well not put a level restriction on taking the quest for lower TM. They changed damage contribution in squad for Tiger event so people can't leech off high DPS class and be first in their class rank. This is similar.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    The problem is lower level TM was never meant for 100+ to blast through. If so, they might as well not put a level restriction on taking the quest for lower TM.

I understand what your saying, I just think, if someone wants to spend money to get things handed to them on a silver platter, y not? What harm does it cause?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    I'll give PWE an incentive. More cape farmed in game, paid in coins, means less cape needed from packs, means lowering demand on packs.
    edited July 2011
    I understand what your saying, I just think, if someone wants to spend money to get things handed to them on a silver platter, y not? What harm does it cause?

Probably mostly to the people who pay for others to TM for them and then go farm with the **** little G9 cape as part of their ensemble.

The refine on that thing is sad >.>
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I'll give PWE an incentive. More cape farmed in game, paid in coins, means less cape needed from packs, means lowering demand on packs.

The cape from the pack is better than the TM one o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vodka333
    vodka333 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this looks like sindrom "some ppl found a way to make cash in game and i cantb:sad BANNN THEM ALL"

move from you *** and go do cash...beside i doubt in all his history pwi had a team 70-80 to finish trophy mode in wraithgateb:surrender
    edited July 2011
    The cape from the pack is better than the TM one o.o

The cape from the pack IS a TM one...it's just from a higher TM

and yet people try to use the wraithgate one as a replacement o.o
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    People are after the interval. The fewer stats and lower refine hardly matter to them when it's 1/10th of the price.
    vodka333 wrote: »
    this looks like sindrom "some ppl found a way to make cash in game and i cantb:sad BANNN THEM ALL"

move from you *** and go do cash...beside i doubt in all his history pwi had a team 70-80 to finish trophy mode in wraithgateb:surrender
    Lol, I have billions from merchant, why would I cs?
    edited July 2011
    People are after the interval. The fewer stats and lower refine hardly matter to them when it's 1/10th of the price.

It does for me :( I can't get bp
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011

True, I just think, if ppl want to waste their money on something instead of working for it, go on ahead and do that

Lol, I have billions from merchant, why would I cs?

Share? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I made this alt and payed for it to get run through TM69 and all I got was this stupid cape for cheap b:cry

But in all seriousness? If you want an endgame -intcape for refines and defence, the LG Wing cape isnt it. Youl put the effort / cash and farm the G13 From lunar glade. 187mill +8k chips (Approx) or many runs, but it refines better, takes JoSD and is tradeable :O. IF you only ever plan to +5 your cape and put G8/9 in it (Like me and I would guess 90% of the others doing it) then paying out the *** for LG is a dumb idea, 50+mill wasted on about 120HP. And, its 8 mill now to prioritise other gear if you do plan to get a Wing Trophy cape as opposed to skinning yourself on 60+ mill and having jack left for other stuff.

As for you Okeano, why are you so pissed at this? Its not affecting sales because people believe its so inferior. For the "glitch" or w/e you wish to call it, theres a stickied guide that advises exactly this help and dictates exactly how to do it. I dont think its going to be bannable when its been like this for so long and so few people have cared negatively for it.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    For the "glitch" or w/e you wish to call it, theres a stickied guide that advises exactly this help and dictates exactly how to do it. I dont think its going to be bannable when its been like this for so long and so few people have cared negatively for it.

Recent "fixes" prove it other wise. As for the "bannable" part, see post #9.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011

Okeano, The link u showed says its not banable.
    Again here:
    "Selling spots in your squad is not cheating, nor is it bannable." Quoted from Frankie in the thread you mentioned.(post #8)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited July 2011

Those recent "fixes" havent included this, so wheres your point? If theyre gonna fix it, theyl fix it, if they arnt, they wont. What you want has 0 impact on it.

And again, why do you care so much? <---This is the part I want an answer for. **** the rest, just answer this.
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    While I'm assuming this topic is a farce, I wouldn't be surprised if this were banned. It's not about the stat difference between the lunar and 69 capes that matters at all; nobody cares about that. The difference is, the 69 cape would essentially be impossible to attain without the current squad setup. PWI is completely willing and capable to do something like this, based on the history of this game.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
    edited July 2011
    But what about getting people into squad who aren't within intended level range for the instance to be run, couldn't that be considered some kind of exploit?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lets find some pointless **** to complain about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    But what about getting people into squad who aren't within intended level range for the instance to be run, couldn't that be considered some kind of exploit?

I point you to selling FC heads, which is, apparently, not bannable. 85+(75+) Instance, selling to 1x is fiiiiine.