Counter-part class

Saintblu - Sanctuary
Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
So recently I have been trying out a sin in pvp, and found it diffricult to play. So I ask a friend how am I on a sin, and he told me I play a sin like a archer. Which is what I could believe since my main is a Caster.

My friend main is a Blademaster and she tried out a wizard for the first time. Instead of kiting and using stratagies to win, she just stand there mostly and try to tank damg like a barb. I guess that comes from the fact her main is a BladeMaster.

So my question to you is(For the people switched from Ranged to Melee). Was it hard for you to adapt to your Counter part class?(Example if your used to playing with a melee class and you tried out a Ranged, or you used to play a ranged class and tried out a melee class)
Post edited by Saintblu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    not really i got all all class toons some high lvl but quit playing or deleted. I just did research/ask stats and played with dif skills so can figure out. What best skill first hand oppose to guide
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sin...pvp...diffricult to play

lol what?
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    at times, i steal look for the hotkey with my heals on it 0.o
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    at times, i steal look for the hotkey with my heals on it 0.o

Try looking for Shadow Escape when you play your Wizard. b:surrender

I play Cleric (Hate her now... But shes 100 and I can still play her when I have to for PvE), Assassin (101), Wizard and Veno (8x) and have a 7x BM.

Gotta say I never had any real issue learning my "counterpart" (Assassin for the most part xD), but learning the little tricks like elemental damage will cut through Expel and allow you to keep some control etc did take some time.

Im damn sure im not the only one who has switched chars and completely forgotten what they do tho. Its always fun to try and auto attack on a mage class and hit with Plume Shot / Gush / Venomous Scarab and wonder what just happened b:laugh
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *summons all-class pet and looks for the "send pet" button while cleric is being chased by a mob*

eemh.. wait o_O *rushes after mob*
    Also a friend used nature's grace... I was like hm.. my mp is a little low too.. *looks for skill* oh.. wait... ._."
    I'm also a horrible skill-spammer... x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The first class I played in this game was a wizard in may/june 2009. I've always favoured ranged classes, however, I quit that wizard upon FB19 due to hating having to kite so much even as a pure magic. My next two classes were veno (a few days later) and cleric (maybe a week or so later). I made my barbarian (first non magic class) in fall 2009 because I couldn't stand all the fail barbs in BH69, especially the ones that demanded free wine splits. Around the same time I remade my wizard who I could help quest with my cleric instead of relying so heavily on kiting. A few months later I made my BM, then archer (remade her from a lvl 50 psychic I deleted cuz of the annoying 5m range of psy bubble of life and no sage/demon skills before they changed both), then sin, and so on. Sufficed to say I did change the way I played them, but that's just how one deals with the way game mechanics work. Casters have pretty much always been weak and annoying to play, and for strength, especially as far as PVE is concerned, they choose the physical damage ones.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So my question to you is(For the people switched from Ranged to Melee). Was it hard for you to adapt to your Counter part class?

Nevermind ranged to melee... Fuzzy recently decided to finally try a sin and though it is a melee class being made of paper just doesn't work for this panda.

Being squishy is something Fuzzy loathes and will never be able to get used to. Can't imagine how its fun as a caster class to be squishy AND need to kite. b:surrender

Where's the fun in not being able to round em all up, run into the middle of the madness, get right up in their face and still walk away. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Ashgaroth - Lost City
    Ashgaroth - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    personally my 2 best classes i play as are bm first and archer second never really had trouble switching between them. could be because i went into the archer knowing what i had to do for the most part. not too sure but going from melee to ranged never effected me maybe thats why i like seeker so much they have some decent range and they are melee xD
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Nevermind ranged to melee... Fuzzy recently decided to finally try a sin and though it is a melee class being made of paper just doesn't work for this panda.

Being squishy is something Fuzzy loathes and will never be able to get used to. Can't imagine how its fun as a caster class to be squishy AND need to kite. b:surrender

Where's the fun in not being able to round em all up, run into the middle of the madness, get right up in their face and still walk away. b:chuckle

i can do that with about a dozen level 80 physical mobs 0.o
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i can do that with about a dozen level 80 physical mobs 0.o

For this panda a dozen mobs doesn't even register. Pull Lunar Trophy as a sin then maybe we can talk. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    only time i have issues is when i am on bm or sin for extended periods of time (i.e 2x drops living in nirvana) then switch to my psy.. i have to remember not to run into melee range at first lol

the other issue is my main instinct is to heal and i can when on veno sin bm or seeker keep looking for the heal skill b:surrender it is worst on my veno since i just leveled a mystic up i keep thinking she is my mystic with pet and character heals
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    only time i have issues is when i am on bm or sin for extended periods of time (i.e 2x drops living in nirvana) then switch to my psy.. i have to remember not to run into melee range at first lol

the other issue is my main instinct is to heal and i can when on veno sin bm or seeker keep looking for the heal skill b:surrender it is worst on my veno since i just leveled a mystic up i keep thinking she is my mystic with pet and character heals

you re not the only one, when i am switching to my altsb:surrender
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I play both types of classes equally, playing only as a veno for 2.6+ years has given me that advantage :D.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My main is a veno, but my only active alt is my barb.

The only difficulty I had with my barb is trying to break the urge to summon a pet b:chuckle I also get annoyed with chasing after some mobs, where on my veno I wouldn't have that problem since she's a caster.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the differences XD
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Took me forever to get used to it. Played a full mage veno for 2 years, switched to a psy, then to a cleric. So when I got to my seeker, it was the first real melee class I played (not counting fail attempts to level a sin and bm). Even though I now play my seeker way more than my cleric, even still I have a hard time getting out of the "staying back" mind set. I tend to skill spam my range attacks more than most seekers ive seen, simply because I am used to attacking from the back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The funny thing about sins in PvE is that while they are initially weaker because of the armor, they get hit MUCH less than a BM. It's definitely very different. I think the early levels of the assassin skill set were designed well. BMs have a stun early, but they don't have the damage to take out a mob during the stun duration nor do they have the chi to use it a lot unless you go fist. Sins definitely have the damage, it just depends on what you do with its skills. This is probably why BMs have a heal at second cult and sins don't until a little later.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty