Minimum for soloing frost

VoItaire - Harshlands
VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Assassin
What build would you guys say is the minimum for frost soloing?

Would you guys say that this is a viable build for soloing frost?

http://pwcalc.com/2cbda3a2c6040132

Am I forgetting something? Is the rank top completely necessary? Need higher refines?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by VoItaire - Harshlands on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The best answer you can get is to try it yourself.

I can't really answer your question for you since I'ven't (o.O) attempted to solo frost with that gear.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Well, I don't have a sin yet, but if the minimum for soloing frost is cheap enough like that build I mentioned, then I just might invest in one as a farming alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sins are expensive. If you don't got 500+ mil to invest in one. Don't waste your time.

Edit: And to answer your question yes that can solo frost. But there'd be no profit in it because you would r@pe your charm and eat through crab meat... And it'd take at least 2 hours to finish it with that low of dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sins are expensive. If you don't got 500+ mil to invest in one. Don't waste your time.

Edit: And to answer your question yes that can solo frost. But there'd be no profit in it because you would r@pe your charm and eat through crab meat... And it'd take at least 2 hours to finish it with that low of dps.

This ^

Any sin 5k hp or more with decent daggers can solo

But repairs/charms/crabs would outweigh profit

Also, shocktrooper would be tough if you keep getting slept and bubbled (vacs cost would increase cost more)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Yeah.. the only way sins get OP is with all of the -int gear, which cost a lot.

It's possible yes, but the amount of frustration you'll be facing would make it very unlikely that you would solo on a regular basis.

I've invested well over 2 bil in my sin (over time of course, as I farm while getting progressively better), and I'm at the point where all bosses in FC take 1 spark to kill (if they have less than 1m health). The ones like the sleep boss, and all the other bosses with 1.4m health take 2 sparks.

But even with 2b invested, I'm not even close to being finished with my sin. :<

Being this OP vs PvE has its benefits, such as no need to withstand a purge from the bishop boss, or the AoE of the screaming boss, or the sleep/bubble of the shocktrooper.

Without that OP dps, those bosses will be a pain. Not only will shocktrooper be a pain to deal with because of his sleeping/freezing, but the bishop boss would be even more troublesome with his purging. So if you get buffs before going in, there's probably a 100% chance you'll be without buffs during the fight with the bishop boss.

And with the constant purging, you'll have to keep off damage from both the bishop and the boss, so you'd either get killed or get charmraped while rebuffing BP constantly.

When I first attempted solo fc with decent gear, I got charmraped the most by the above-mentioned bosses
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    K, thx guys. I've been seeing 9x sins in fact saying they solo frost so I figured it must be profitable to some degree, but after reading this I guess there are better, easier ways to farm cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have got to be fuc*ing kidding me. Isn't this like...the 747th thread on gear needed for soloing FC with a 'sin ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Waterscyth - Harshlands
    Waterscyth - Harshlands Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Im a 92 sin with +2 Backbiters (TT90Green daggs) and full TT90 green +2 with heavy ornaments all adding up to about 4.3k hp 3k def and about 1.33 aps (lol) and Sage (Prob:victory) I can solo Fcs with a random 8x tagging along pulling the bubble boss to the corner, taking the purge and killing the spawning girls on Bishop. I then continue on alone, triple sprking+AD through slasher's slashes (no running) and cancelling/sparking through the Last boss before the EXP room's big skills. I then sell the FC 400k a spot, and send 800k to the helper once i get out. The gear you mentioned is a little better then mine, though the daggers hit a little less, so you should be able to solo FCs with help on Bubble and Bishop.

Pro tip: 3seconds of immunity from triple spark is one of the most important things to time. Practice Using this on the first boss by sparking through the circles so you never have to run like a newbb:bye
    Once there was an Assassin... He killed everyone. The End...
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    (or be OP so you can kill the boss before the circles explode) b:avoid

But as some have suggested above, duoing with another sin with similar gears/levels makes it that much easier to do.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I run frost on my sin with a setup very similar to that all the time. 1.86 unsparked aps, 2.5 sparked, with 2 socket +3 hooks. Ive also got about 4800 hp unbuffed. What I generally do is i wc for some 7x-8x sin to tag along with me. They get a bunch of exp for free, and I get a duoing partner. With 2 people, and the proper usage of skills and techniques, I will complete a frost run in an average of 45 minutes, 30-40 crabs used, and 100k-200k hp burnt on my charm. After selling 5 bigroom slots for 500k each, my total profit from each run is around 1.5 mill iirc.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have got to be fuc*ing kidding me. Isn't this like...the 747th thread on gear needed for soloing FC with a 'sin ?

This subforum is now renamed "What can I solo with what gear?" forum.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This subforum is now renamed "What can I solo with what gear?" forum.

Some rich person needs to make an extensive study about the gear, starting from TT80s and working their way up to R9 and document the changes.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2011
    Some rich person needs to make an extensive study about the gear, starting from TT80s and working their way up to R9 and document the changes.

They would also need a very PWI-math-savvy user as well, like yourself.

I might try to work on one, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be delivering enough information out.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    You are not serious... Even if you can solo something with X gears, it doesn't guarantee it to work for everyone... The main point is for people to stop asking stupid questions.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You are not serious... Even if you can solo something with X gears, it doesn't guarantee it to work for everyone... The main point is for people to stop asking stupid questions.

And?

Of course, some people like using charms, others use Defense and Attack charms as well, some use lots of apos.

And then there's the whole question whether it'd be worth it. Because if it takes you hours to do it, it's not really worth it, even if you can complete it.

And of course, the question in itself is kinda funny since it's obvious that once your refines and gear level is "high enough", you'll be able to do it. The question that wants answers is where that line lies.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    There is no fine line. There's a giant grey region of you may or may not able to do it, and it's waste of time trying to find what that region is, nor does it help anyone since it's still depended on them if they can do it or not.
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes it is possible I have the exact same gear but not the lunar glade cape and I have soloed frost multiple times, but burned 300k charm and 150 crabs. Still there was a tiny profit. Also it took me a little under 2 hours. Also shock trooper will be a breeze if you get some one to come glitch it.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    to be honest... unless your a pro sin... you spend more time and coin soloing than you would if your bring a sin friend along and split profits... = you and a friend will make more soloing 2 times w/ 50/50 split than you would soloing 1 time...
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ive got a 100 sin with nothing over +4 I use r8 daggers Ive got 5.5k hp and 2.86 aps sparked I can clear the whole cave to big room in about 45-50 mins if completely uninterupted using about 10-15 lvl 60 mp pots 35-40 crab meats and if I time everything just right less than 20k off charm but usually its 30-40ish cause i do tend to get distracted....I make quite a bit of a profit even selling cheaper than everyone else(cause i hate waiting)

the key is timing, knowing when shocktrooper is going to bubble, I can usually get shocktrooper almost half dead before he bubbles for the first time and vac takes care of that, then maze steps the next one, and well since i get a weakened boss everytime I never had to worry about after that....the only other boss after that, that used to give me trouble was deadendra or whatever his name is(bishop boss) and Ive since got his timing down...took many many solo frosts to figure it out, and I could tell you exactly when each boss will do what, but wheres the fun in that for me

find out yourself if and what you can do
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    to be honest... unless your a pro sin... you spend more time and coin soloing than you would if your bring a sin friend along and split profits... = you and a friend will make more soloing 2 times w/ 50/50 split than you would soloing 1 time...

I agree....