Class roles to the truth

Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
Aksar_Rain - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
people seem to not understand the truth behind some classes and there roles let me shed some light
"<|>" this use of symboling Shows how favored role is to the class associated with it yes it has to be yellow for an eyesore but its so you see it right away

Barb: Tank<<<<<|>DD

Cleric: Heal<<<<<|>>DD

Asas: DD<<<<<|

Psychic: DD<<<<<|

Mystic: Heal<<<|>>>>>DD

BM: DD<<<<<|>Tank

Wiz: DD<<<<<|>>>heal

Veno: DD<<<|>>>>>Debuff

Seeker: Tank<|>>>>>DD

Archer: DD<<<<<|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" You are intitled to your own opinion, but unless you have enough evidence to that opinion it can never be truth" ---Quote from my brain b:angry
Post edited by Aksar_Rain - Archosaur on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FF 85-95 LF pull/tank cleric and healing barb pm me

or

FF 85-95 LF pull/tank wizard and DD barb pm me

I presume that's what you're looking for right?

/indifferent
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    /Indifferent.

If you gotta spam colours in your post, at least use them in rainbow order. Easier to the eyes b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'd list veno's as debuffers<<<<<|>>>tank(with herc, wich depends on instance/lvl><)>>DD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    BMs and Sins usually end up tanking because of their high DD, so I guess that makes them tanks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Isn't this all common sense...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    failing to even list "debuffer" in a veno's roles isn't very common-sense to me, so no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wups, I meant the class roles in general, not what the OP has listed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    failing to even list "debuffer" in a veno's roles isn't very common-sense to me, so no.

^ this, as well as for Seekers, and even bms.

Each role has alot more to it than that.

Besides, you can add ranged tank to the magic classes, tank to the assassin class, etc...

This is way too generalized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
    edited July 2011
    Isn't this all common sense...?
    OP has been trying to draw attention to class roles and passive aggressively criticizing them without directly supplying alternatives as to how a squad would make their role work in other circumstances. Really it's just oversimplified, garbled nonsense.
  • Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    wouldnt Debuffers fall as a sub catagory for DD (in My Opinion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" You are intitled to your own opinion, but unless you have enough evidence to that opinion it can never be truth" ---Quote from my brain b:angry
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:surrender Wizzies are secondary healers when the clerics die

Edit: when theres no mystic atleast... I never have any in my squads tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
    edited July 2011

Wizards have heals if so i can had heal tot here role
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Edit: when theres no mystic atleast... I never have any in my squads tho...

i have a level 50 wiz and a level 15 mystic. i'd be happier doing the healing thing on the mystic, ijs. maybe with umpteen percent -chan that'd change, but i'm not stinking filthy rich, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Not imo at least. Debuffers don't have as high attack as DD's. If you compare the DD of a veno to that of a wiz at endgame, you'll see quite a gap.

Veno's make up for that with their debuffs. In a squad of my lvl my main role is debuff the **** out of everything that moves. I shouldn't try to have the highest DD. I should try and get the max out of other ppls DD to make up for the lack of mine. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wizzie can crank out some really powerful one hit wonder heals onto a tank.
    Even with 0 channelling it can be the diffrence between life an death.

My 101 wiz has sage heal ok its **** % chance of a full heal but i saved many really high hit point barbs many many times with it. I even gone along as solo healer in BH79's pre 100.

Other day i subbed my wiz for my BM too heal the barb is same instance.

We had a dodgy pull from the barb an one of the BM's took aggro. Myself and another wiz kept everybody alive while cleric returned from that nasty DC.

Sage wizards should be renamed clizzards.b:laugh
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Debuffing doesnt always have to pertain to dealing damage, think about stuns for example (which are technically debuffs too).

When you're talking about class roles you can't just simplify it into 2 aspects. For example; you can't just say a cleric is ''80% heal and 20% DD'', something like ''50% support, 20% debuffs, 15% single target damage, 10% AoE damage & a small 5% in tanking'' would be a lot more accurate.

If you really want to shed light on that, you could use pie charts for example.
    Wizards have heals? If so, I can add healing to their role.

Yes, wizards do have a decent heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    All wrong

here it is:

Sin: TANK + DD
    BM (5.0): TANK + DD
    EP: Buff and heal some time
    Wiz/Archer/Phys: wait for the weekend to attend TW
    Barb: Buff then go away (that's me lol)
    Seeker: solo frost big room
    Myst: give rez buff.
  • Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    Blame -removed- for having only listed 3 roles a person can be in game dependendt on there class
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blame ... for having only listed 3 roles a person can be in game dependendt on there class

lol thats not a censor malfunction, you arent allowed to say it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
    i cant say the name from another game oh well just got to deal with how it is then cant get them to change it
  • Aksar_Rain - Archosaur
    edited July 2011
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Barb: Tank<<<<<|>DD

As tank barbarian in most cases can't hold agro.

Especially bad when barbarian 10 levels less than all members of squad try to tank.
    Wiz: DD<<<<<|>>>heal

I can add Tank yet, since my Wizard do it often instead of "DD".
    Veno: DD<<<|>>>>>Debuff
    Venomancer can be tank (Hercules without questions, I think) and puller.
    Psychic: DD<<<<<|

Psychic can tank too. I saw it.

Assassins' squad of high APS "DD" can clear Nirvana without Cleric and Tank.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bonbonsmalisia
    bonbonsmalisia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i rolled a mytsic and im presonally pissed at people who i run fc with
    we got a cleric that has a brain and good healing power
    half of squad qq-s to me to use healing plant ( for what i ask for what if bb heals them for all they need) and the rest of the squad demands a dbuff plant, which is more porfitable if we got a cleric...

seriously LET ME DECIDE how i want to play, if i will see that the cleric has trouble and ur hp is going down it will be a natural reaction for me to AOE HEAL and set up the plant... stop yelling at me and demand to do stuff, i wanna have fun as well, ur demans would have a meaning if u did a good job urself as a bm/dd

i dont yell to evey bm WHY DIDNT U STUN why didnt u hf, i let them do what they want untill it becomes dangerous for my health

just use ur brain
  • ll55xx
    ll55xx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    maybe this:

Barb: Tank(0-5) 5 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 1 - AoEDD(0-5) 1 - Debuff(0-5) 2 - Buff(0-5) 4

Cleric: Tank(0-5) 0 - Heal(0-5) 5 - DD(0-5) 3 - AoEDD(0-5) 3 - Debuff(0-5) 1 - Buff(0-5) 5

Asas: Tank(0-5) 1 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 5 - AoEDD(0-5) 1 - Debuff(0-5) 2 - Buff(0-5) 1

Psychic: Tank(0-5) 0 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 4 - AoEDD(0-5) 4 - Debuff(0-5) 1 - Buff(0-5) 1

Mystic: Tank(0-5) 0 - Heal(0-5) 5 DD(0-5) 3 - AoEDD(0-5) 1 - Debuff(0-5) 4 - Buff(0-5) 1

BM: Tank(0-5) 3 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 4 - AoEDD(0-5) 3 - Debuff(0-5) 3 - Buff(0-5) 1

Wiz: Tank(0-5) 1 - Heal(0-5) 2 - DD(0-5) 3 - AoEDD(0-5) 4 - Debuff(0-5) 1 - Buff(0-5) 1

Veno: Tank(0-5) 3 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 2 - AoEDD(0-5) 3 - Debuff(0-5) 5 - Buff(0-5) 1

Seeker: Tank(0-5) 4 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 3 - AoEDD(0-5) 5 - Debuff(0-5) 4 - Buff(0-5) 1

Archer: Tank(0-5) 0 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 3 - AoEDD(0-5) 3 - Debuff(0-5) 2 - Buff(0-5) 1
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ll55xx wrote: »
    maybe this:

Barb: Tank(0-5) 5 - Heal(0-5) 0 - DD(0-5) 1 - AoEDD(0-5) 1 - Debuff(0-5) 2 - Buff(0-5) 4

Fuzzy might almost agree.... but 4/5 Buff? umm..... might want to rethink that one. Demon BKI is one of the best (perhaps THE best but BP could be argued) buff's in the game.

But then, even with bp how many sin's etc do you hear crying when they die that "need barb buff QQ"
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy might almost agree.... but 4/5 Buff? umm..... might want to rethink that one. Demon BKI is one of the best (perhaps THE best but BP could be argued) buff's in the game.

But then, even with bp how many sin's etc do you hear crying when they die that "need barb buff QQ"
    I also see sins crying for cleric and bm's for buffs. However, I see more people crying for bp than any other buff -- even the powerlevelers who are BM's or barbs give discounts to those with BP, hardly the case with BKI or anything else. Looks like Fuzzy is the one to re-think which buffs are most valued, given two specific classes can solo stuff they otherwise can't or have quite a costly charm **** doing otherwise.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ILooks like Fuzzy is the one to re-think which buffs are most valued, given two specific classes can solo stuff they otherwise can't or have quite a costly charm **** doing otherwise.

And while they are soloing it, even self buffed, how many of em cry for BKI?

Sure, they can do it solo, Fuzzy didn't say otherwise, but have yet to meet one who doesn't beg and plead for BKI to either keep em alive or keep their cost down.

edit: "Need barb buff" is the most common excuse Fuzzy sees from aps class's that fail at trying to be a one man army in any instance.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    OP has been trying to draw attention to class roles and passive aggressively criticizing them without directly supplying alternatives as to how a squad would make their role work in other circumstances. Really it's just oversimplified, garbled nonsense.

You this pleasant in real life, or is behind the computer a safe spot?
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    And while they are soloing it, even self buffed, how many of em cry for BKI?

Sure, they can do it solo, Fuzzy didn't say otherwise, but have yet to meet one who doesn't beg and plead for BKI to either keep em alive or keep their cost down.
    You were decrying their rating concerning buffs. I would give BKI 4/5 too. BP deserves a much higher rating for obvious reasons. It's far more useful. Barbs are mainly buffers and damage takers, generally for damage people take sins (single target) or BM's (HF) or others.
    thumbs wrote: »
    You this pleasant in real life, or is behind the computer a safe spot?
    Is this a self-indoctrination, tweakz? Or am I imagining you type that? b:cute
  • SmifnWesson - Lost City
    SmifnWesson - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    BM: DD<<<<<|>Tank
    Seeker: Tank<|>>>>>DD

these are really only appropriate pre-3spark for bm and sin

and for seeker well, seekers are horribly **** DDs, they are great for aoe DDing, but for flat out dd they suck....and they can tank bosses better than a barb in my opinion if they can keep vortex up