Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This shouldn't have anything to do with class. PWI's practice affects all classes so I don't know why classes are divided. Do you people know how hard it was to level at the start? Grinding for that 0.1% and having to do that 1000 times? Do you remember when people were calling clerics to ress, because the exp loss on death costed hours more of grinding?

Lvl 100 took dedication, every lvl 100 knew each other, and everyone else could identify the lvl 100s by name.

These people reach lvl 100, to see others reach 100 much quicker with the opening of Rebirth, to see yet others level much quicker with BH, FCC, to finally see levels being made completely pointless with Hyperstones. New instances will happen, but hyper stones?! What a great way to **** on your high levels!

Now you people think it's SUCH HARD WORK to solo hyper FCC to 105, that everyone else MUST solo hyper FCC to 105 because YOU did. Ironic isn't it? It's the same freaking trend. Don't do anything in PWI that will make you regret it if others can get the same later but faster and easier. You dwell on the fact that this is a glitch, that others are doing something "wrong", well we should all take a step back, have some perspective, and realize that its freaking PWI!

Do you know why all these people don't care? Why all these people jump at the chance to level quickly themselves with no regard to other players' accomplishments? PWI's own practice created this community! PWI has pissed off every player that gave a damn with update after update, sale after sale. Hours, days, months of farming made useless, that's happened to many players many times! All that's left are people who don't care for "in game accomplishments" only because PWI will be sure to trample on it after some update or sale. The one to blame here is clearly PWI.
    *slow clap*

This... is so damn accurate..... have my elf babies, Q.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would still consider reaching 100 the hard way an accomplishment because it is the result of hard work. Putting oneself on the same level as others and comparing them to you is what can make a person go crazy and belittle themselves despite how hard they have worked. I myself purely solo grinded from 87-90. I grinded enough money over months,putting 5-10 hour days of just grinding to afford a heaven shatterer and even +10 it. I consider these things accomplishments no matter how many more people have better things than I have. Because it was the result of my hard work. I'm not going to belittle myself by comparing what I do to what others have. I judge my accomplishments by what it took to pull them off. I try to remain competitive still, by raising my standards and working accordingly and it does hurt sometimes to see people get things I worked so hard for so easily. But it wasn't an accomplishment for them, as it was for me. Know that you worked hard and no one will be able to take your accomplishments from you. It's a bittersweet point of view, but it certainly helps with keeping one's sanity.
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    Monsieur - Lothranis Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This shouldn't have anything to do with class. PWI's practice affects all classes so I don't know why classes are divided. Do you people know how hard it was to level at the start? Grinding for that 0.1% and having to do that 1000 times? Do you remember when people were calling clerics to ress, because the exp loss on death costed hours more of grinding?

Lvl 100 took dedication, every lvl 100 knew each other, and everyone else could identify the lvl 100s by name.

These people reach lvl 100, to see others reach 100 much quicker with the opening of Rebirth, to see yet others level much quicker with BH, FCC, to finally see levels being made completely pointless with Hyperstones. New instances will happen, but hyper stones?! What a great way to **** on your high levels!

Now you people think it's SUCH HARD WORK to solo hyper FCC to 105, that everyone else MUST solo hyper FCC to 105 because YOU did. Ironic isn't it? It's the same freaking trend. Don't do anything in PWI that will make you regret it if others can get the same later but faster and easier. You dwell on the fact that this is a glitch, that others are doing something "wrong", well we should all take a step back, have some perspective, and realize that its freaking PWI!

Do you know why all these people don't care? Why all these people jump at the chance to level quickly themselves with no regard to other players' accomplishments? PWI's own practice created this community! PWI has pissed off every player that gave a damn with update after update, sale after sale. Hours, days, months of farming made useless, that's happened to many players many times! All that's left are people who don't care for "in game accomplishments" only because PWI will be sure to trample on it after some update or sale. The one to blame here is clearly PWI.

Things evolve...This world evolves..
    An ape evolved to a man...Same goes for any games..Do you really want a game that doesn't evolve over time and wanna do the same thing over n over again? If so, go play mario online..else shut up and evolve alongside the game ..

i lol at these threads
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    edited July 2011
    As ppl say....DONT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL...
    Use wat u have to move on to better easier things...if you wanna feel like you've accomplished something in a game, you can go do harpy wraith solo and then lets talk
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As ppl say....DONT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL...
    Use wat u have to move on to better easier things...if you wanna feel like you've accomplished something in a game, you can go do harpy wraith solo and then lets talk

It`s not an accomplishment, unless charging your credit card and making insane equipment is? Nothing takes skill in this game anymore!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Things evolve...This world evolves..
    An ape evolved to a man...Same goes for any games..Do you really want a game that doesn't evolve over time and wanna do the same thing over n over again? If so, go play mario online..else shut up and evolve alongside the game ..

i lol at these threads

I'm only pointing out why players alone shouldn't be blamed for any of this.

Also, releasing sales that ruin a year of farming is totally evolving the game and should be accepted! Why don't you just bend over to PWI and stick some credit cards in your *** cheeks? LMAO

As for me? I don't farm and I don't grind, so of course I don't care. I'm not the one here complaining about other people reaching 105 faster.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Monsieur - Lothranis
    edited July 2011
    I'm only pointing out why players alone shouldn't be blamed for any of this.

Also, releasing sales that ruin a year of farming is totally evolving the game and should be accepted! Why don't you just bend over to PWI and stick some credit cards in your *** cheeks? LMAO

As for me? I don't farm and I don't grind, so of course I don't care. I'm not the one here complaining about other people reaching 105 faster.

So if i m understanding it correctly, wat you're saying is...

If you get something for cheap that you could never afford 4 years ago, thats lame?
    its how the world works..Ppl move on to better things one way or another..i really dont see the difference..oh and btw, i m just pointing out the obvious..let ppl do watever they want lol
    its not like doing FC glitch is gonna get them a rank 9 gear is it now?
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't think you can succeed in a glitch squad without at least knowing your class basics, unless you have powerful friends to take you and allow you to be deadweight. In which case, those people are already usually successful, established players.

I have played this game for about 3 years ( 2.5 years as a cleric) so I yea I know how to play my class and I know just how everything else in this game so don't assume I'm just some other hypernoob who know nothing about what gos on in PWI.. ijs :P

And I'm not QQing about sins, they are the ones QQing cheat, and I am simply pointing out the irony in them doing so. Is every comment that isn't completely and idiotically positive considered "QQ" these days?

It seems almost thread EVERYTHING in the PWI forums is some type of complaint and most of the time it is... this is PWI after all not its not like this glitch is going to get fixed anyway...

That's is all....

^ This pretty much sums up everything... +10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited July 2011
    I never said anything about you being a hypernoob.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I never said anything about you being a hypernoob.

Meh.. sounded like it since you did say "I don't think you can succeed in a glitch squad without at least knowing your class basics".... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited July 2011
    Meh.. sounded like it since you did say "I don't think you can succeed in a glitch squad without at least knowing your class basics".... b:surrender

I should have said "someone" instead of "you" D:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011

This is one reason I love you Qui b:kiss

It is SO amazingly true! Those that reached 100-101 before BH's and **** really have a much different perspective on this. How many of us can actually say that they have done EVERY quest, EVERY instance, did RB's, Zhen parties and farmed the **** out of TT/HH in order to get their gear? Well, maybe not that many of us anymore b:surrender

I am not sure there really are any clear "accomplishments" left in PW and that is sad b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I am not sure there really are any clear "accomplishments" left in PW and that is sad b:sad

best dressed/most fashion? b:avoid
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    best dressed/most fashion? b:avoid

b:dirty Yeah, we got some smexah people running around b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mkey - Momaganon
    Mkey - Momaganon Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i dont know if im in right thread but have you guys noticed many 103-105s lately?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    i dont know if im in right thread but have you guys noticed many 103-105s lately?

Nope...not at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    So if i m understanding it correctly, wat you're saying is...

If you get something for cheap that you could never afford 4 years ago, thats lame?
    its how the world works..Ppl move on to better things one way or another..i really dont see the difference..oh and btw, i m just pointing out the obvious..let ppl do watever they want lol
    its not like doing FC glitch is gonna get them a rank 9 gear is it now?

People inherently like to believe their money and time are well spent. If someone were to buy a hot wheel and it goes on sale...he might get irked but not pissed (he might buy more hot wheels). If someone were to buy a house, only to have the house's value - oh wait that's already happened and people did get pissed!

Why do I compare something extremely important IRL to gear in this game? Because gear takes a lot of time to farm in this game! It takes so long that you expect its worth to at least be stable when you've gotten it, right? If you're going to pop out sales that completely overshadow gear for less money, then don't make the gear take so long to farm in the first place!

A lot of people barely just got their first cast weapons, and they see that R8 is not only much better, but suddenly has become MUCH CHEAPER. As for those who got second cast, R8 almost matches second cast in weapon damage! Differences between R8 and second cast in price...lol time/money well spent right? To top that off, R9 was much better for almost the same price as second cast!

This is how players get ****ed over by PWI. They spend time farming, spend money refining, and PWI treats their prized gear as another hot wheel. Same with exp no? That's what we've gotten from PWI, and that's what we now expect. Gear, levels, etc is another toy that is to be bought or obtained easily, and that's why people flock to embrace this glitch, right? They're simply treating exp the same way PWI treats exp. That's why I say there's no one to blame here except for PWI.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011

sorry to burst your bubble, but this happens in ALL MMOs you come across. its called progression. PWI is not the one to blame because PWI is just following the "MMO standard". things like hyper stones are in any MMO u come across and the ammount of exp bonuses it gives is purely dependent on the exp rates/system of the game itself. a game that is brand new will start off with low content and thust it will be fairly hard to level at first. but as years pass more content will be added and it will become easier and easier to level up and previous gear that were once good will become obsolete.

sales will CONTINUE to happen because guess what? this is a f2p game. cash shop will always exist in a f2p game rather u like it or not. and the items they sell in those cash shops will ALWAYS be aimed to give the buying customer a "edge". PW is not the only game that is doing this so stop acting as if it is.

so please just get over it. instead of blaming PWI how about you blame WoW? because WoW is what started this "MMO standard" in the first place. get ur head out of the gutter and face the facts man. this is a free to play MMO and just like ANY free to play MMO the cash shop will always be aimed to give the player better gear then a non paying customer.also like any other MMO updates will make previously farmed gear obsolete.

thats just the way it is and u have to face those facts. if u cant face those facts then MMOs are not for u and i suggest u go play a console game or something.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    You're missing the point of that post there.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sorry to burst your bubble, but this happens in ALL MMOs you come across. its called progression. PWI is not the one to blame because PWI is just following the "MMO standard". things like hyper stones are in any MMO u come across and the ammount of exp bonuses it gives is purely dependent on the exp rates/system of the game itself.

so please just get over it. instead of blaming PWI how about you blame WoW? because WoW is what started this "MMO standard" in the first place.

Pretty sure that the premise of that post was that the reason for the hoarding and abusing of the glitch is because of the history of PWI's actions.

Things (good things) tend to be nerfed very, very fast. PWI promotes the mentality that people should hoard what they can before PWI takes it away from them. PWI promotes mentality that the game is all about rushing to max level, to parade in fully decked out gear, to simply be at the top. It's broken away from the, for lack of better words, traditional values of MMO's.

And this has bred a base of players who do just this. So when an opportunity to abuse something like this comes up, it's not surprising to see people do it.

Such degree of exploitation is only expected when similar behaviour is encouraged through the actions of the company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    no i didnt miss ur point. but i think its important that u and anyone else realize that PWI is not at fault and is just following this "MMO standard" that most MMO developers go by and follow (with a few rare exceptions).
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    sorry to burst your bubble, but this happens in ALL MMOs you come across. its called progression. PWI is not the one to blame because PWI is just following the "MMO standard". things like hyper stones are in any MMO u come across and the ammount of exp bonuses it gives is purely dependent on the exp rates/system of the game itself. a game that is brand new will start off with low content and thust it will be fairly hard to level at first. but as years pass more content will be added and it will become easier and easier to level up and previous gear that were once good will become obsolete.

sales will CONTINUE to happen because guess what? this is a f2p game. cash shop will always exist in a f2p game rather u like it or not. and the items they sell in those cash shops will ALWAYS be aimed to give the buying customer a "edge". PW is not the only game that is doing this so stop acting as if it is.

so please just get over it. instead of blaming PWI how about you blame WoW? because WoW is what started this "MMO standard" in the first place. get ur head out of the gutter and face the facts man. this is a free to play MMO and just like ANY free to play MMO the cash shop will always be aimed to give the player better gear then a non paying customer.also like any other MMO updates will make previously farmed gear obsolete.

thats just the way it is and u have to face those facts. if u cant face those facts then MMOs are not for u and i suggest u go play a console game or something.

MMOs do progress, but there is a difference in playing the game in a legit way and exploiting a bug in the code allowing huge rewards, in hopes of becoming a better player, which is truly ironic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    MMOs do progress, but there is a difference in playing the game in a legit way and exploiting a bug in the code allowing huge rewards, in hopes of becoming a better player, which is truly ironic.

the glitch in question is honestly harmless atm. 105 gives no benefits what so ever except 10-15 stat points which is negligible. for sins its stealth level but sins are able to solo fcc and get to 105 without the glitch. but a glitch is still a glitch and w/e PWI does to handle it will be there decision.

but that is not what i was addressing. i was talking mainly about the ppl that think PWI has ruined the game with packs/sales/update after update and etc which is not true. that is just a natural progression of any MMO.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    You don't seem to understand what I'm saying PWI is at fault for. People not caring about the players who leveled to 105 "the hard way," and people not caring to level to 105 "the hard way" is what PWI is at fault for, because that is how they have gotten used to PWI. 2 years ago the majority of the forum posters would have someone's head for using a glitch like this. Just think about it.

I didn't say the game was ruined, I only said that players' time and efforts have been ruined by previous updates/sales. Thus, the only people that are left are the ones who have no expectations or attachments regarding how much time or effort they put into the game. If anything, I still play the game because it's free. Such is how the player base is, and it is PWI's fault. These ones using the glitch are the same people PWI want playing their game.
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You don't seem to understand what I'm saying PWI is at fault for. People not caring about the players who leveled to 105 "the hard way," and people not caring to level to 105 "the hard way" is what PWI is at fault for, because that is how they have gotten used to PWI. 2 years ago the majority of the forum posters would have someone's head for using a glitch like this. Just think about it.

I didn't say the game was ruined, I only said that players' time and efforts have been ruined by previous updates/sales. Thus, the only people that are left are the ones who have no expectations or attachments regarding how much time or effort they put into the game. If anything, I still play the game because it's free. Such is how the player base is, and it is PWI's fault. These ones using the glitch are the same people PWI want playing their game.

Which nevertheless does not excuse their morally bankrupt behavior. Placing the blame purely on PWI gives cheaters an unwarranted excuse for exploiting the glitch. They are cheaters. Period. And they ARE to blame for cheating, without respect to PWI's complicity.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2011

1000000000000% true. But what is the biggest problems? The main problem is, the GM's of this game are not developers. So they cannot acting fast as they should and repair the game. They cannot rebalance classes or fix APS. The are absolutely powerless. That's why they don't do anything. Because they cannot. They can just wait for patch from china and it can take moths to get fix. So players abusing this glitch without any penalties or consequences which is sad and they ruined every effort of honest players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    as this does not directly effect their cash shop, i highly doubt it will be fixed. heard about the glitch but no idea how it works and dont care. imo frosting to level is stupid anyway. rush to get 105 and then do what for the rest of the game?
    the good Starr
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Le sigh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1000000000000% true. But what is the biggest problems? The main problem is, the GM's of this game are not developers. So they cannot acting fast as they should and repair the game. They cannot rebalance classes or fix APS. The are absolutely powerless. That's why they don't do anything. Because they cannot. They can just wait for patch from china and it can take moths to get fix. So players abusing this glitch without any penalties or consequences which is sad and they ruined every effort of honest players.
    "Honest players" and "effort" are rather ambiguous/subjective terms.

But other than that you are right, the GM's have little power whatsoever. They just report stuff and the developers decide (just like in every MMO development) whether it's worth the invested effort or not. In this game, developers have decided bugs and glitches that get people to buy more zen are worth it, whereas things that reward those who play for free more easily should be fixed. Another one is nerfing things too easily attained by players. Mirages, DQ, MOG, you get the point.

Chances are this glitch won't be fixed for some time and when it does, it's rather unfair to those who didn't use it that those who abused it get to keep their levels. What's obvious is they can barely track who is doing it, if at all, so long as the person(s) doing it are doing it discretely and not advertising/bragging.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    22 105s now look at those glitchers go :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute