What to do now?

Options
CeliaZ - Sanctuary
CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Wizard
Hey guys!

I have been playing since november 2008, the real beginning. Ive had some wonderful times. And now im getting to the point im thinking: what to do next?

The easiest thing to do would be quit. But I love this game to much. So lets call that a backup.
What is waiting for me at level 100? Nirvana? BH? Is level 100 worth is? (I dont pvp).
I currently hold a 85 gold FCC wand +5 and the rest of my gear is good enough to do "ok" in PVE, and im satisfied with it for my level. But does lvl 100 have more for me? Rank 8 is not that thrilling anymore, nirvana would be hard to farm (making friends to farm is not my strongest point and Im not in a big faction).

I made alts, but they didnt get very far. I have a 70 veno, 54 seeker and 50 assassin. I merchandised about 60mil, part of it went to gear, and I have about 35 mil left.

I guess I dont have any goals left. So advice on that part would be lovely. Specially because I currently believe level 100 for a PVE wizard is not spectacular. (Note that TW is not an option for me to do as I live in europe.)

You may say now, roll a mage on the new servers, but actually I did that and got bored at level 9b:chuckle

Well, thanks all for some advice!

CeliaZ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by CeliaZ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Join a good TW faction and pray those Archers don't tab target you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    (Note that TW is not an option for me to do as I live in europe.)
    Join a good TW faction and pray those Archers don't tab target you.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reroll on new EU server, level Wizard, join TW faction and pray those Archers don't tab target you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You may say now, roll a mage on the new servers, but actually I did that and got bored at level 9b:chuckle
    Reroll on new EU server, level Wizard, join TW faction and pray those Archers don't tab target you.

Did you actually read my post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Skimmed it lightly and kind of had an idea. Now that I have read it though, you've basically eliminated everything there is to do at endgame. Become a fashion icon maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Now that I'm 100, i can honestly say there is nothing for me to look forward to other than hanging out with friends, pk, and TW.

Since you ruled out 2/3 of those, and the third can be done any game, I don't know what to suggest besides quitting b:shutup
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    reroll on a eurpoe server honestly, when u cant attend tw ur missing out the most fun part of this game

TW meeting 1 am begin 2 am - end 5 am - bla bla in vent ~logout/bed 6/7 am

just reroll :L ur not having tons of gears and 100+ chars anyways :o
    i like potato
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks. Can you give me any advice on how to overcome those levels? I have no money there and to level from 9 to 90 is alot... but ill reconsider the new servers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Stop progress on the Seeker: It's expensive and basically does what your wizard does only you have to deal with a whole other set of gear.
    What is waiting for me at level 100? Nirvana? BH? Is level 100 worth is?

BH100 is hella worth it, and you can get 4 nirvana keys a day. Don't worry about farming Nirvana with your wiz. Just get the 99 key quests with it as well as the BH100 rewards. On days you're feeling lazy, you can always run RB.

I would continue to level the veno and assassin. However, your Assassin won't be great until it has some good coin invested into it. With 2 other toons at 100+ that can share equips; that coin shouldn't take long. You may want to alt-box a cleric for the Assassin, but in my experience I ended up putting a lot into the cleric which distracted me from building the Assassin faster. It's really nice to have for buffs and revive though, as well as heals while you're building up. I don't regret the cleric at all: I love it! -But; I have more time than most.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Stop progress on the Seeker: It's expensive and basically does what your wizard does only you have to deal with a whole other set of gear.

BH100 is hella worth it, and you can get 4 nirvana keys a day. Don't worry about farming Nirvana with your wiz. Just get the 99 key quests with it as well as the BH100 rewards. On days you're feeling lazy, you can always run RB.

I would continue to level the veno and assassin. However, your Assassin won't be great until it has some good coin invested into it. With 2 other toons at 100+ that can share equips; that coin shouldn't take long. You may want to alt-box a cleric for the Assassin, but in my experience I ended up putting a lot into the cleric which distracted me from building the Assassin faster. It's really nice to have for buffs and revive though, as well as heals while you're building up. I don't regret the cleric at all: I love it! -But; I have more time than most.

Thanks for this great post! I actually have a friend with a cleric so thats all good. What does the assassin need to be good? I hope not 4+ aps? Because im not near at all to that amount of money... thanks though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZenGoku - Archosaur
    ZenGoku - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:sad imo wiz is not for people who are not willing to do A LOT of cash-shopping....I am not saying that wiz can be OP if cash-shopped, I am just saying if wiz is not great for PVE, u gotta roll it for PVP, and if u dont cash-shop wiz, the wiz is good for NOTHING. End result, stand near the cliff of 1k stream and afk, all the time.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You're a Wizard...And you don't PK...?

Reroll because you are almost useless in PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • thumbs
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:sad imo wiz is not for people who are not willing to do A LOT of cash-shopping....I am not saying that wiz can be OP if cash-shopped, I am just saying if wiz is not great for PVE, u gotta roll it for PVP, and if u dont cash-shop wiz, the wiz is good for NOTHING. End result, stand near the cliff of 1k stream and afk, all the time.

Wiz is one of the cheapest if not cheapest classes to play. You can grind much longer with out pots than you can on an Assassin. You have less repairs than all but clerics who tend to spend more on MP than you, or venos which you already have. You don't have the expense of pets, pet skills, etc. Skills are either common or so rare people don't know what to charge. Be patient and good ones come along cheap. Lastly; Wiz is GREAT at Warsong Metal, and Rebirth. Warsong Metal can be on par for coin as Nirvana, and Rebirth is very good. All aps squads suck in Metal.
    You're a Wizard...And you don't PK...?

Reroll because you are almost useless in PvE.

I'm a PvE only wiz. =P It is nice to have other toons for variety no matter what class you are.

This probably applies to any mage class, but for Warsong Metal:

Cast your non spark consuming AoE (in wiz's case Hailstorm) on a Dino to lure whole groups of mobs at a time, then focus on Runners. Melee should ignore the runners and focus on keeping melee range aggro on the Dinos (to stop them from AoE'ing constantly). It's simple as a Melee to go to the Dino that's on your side. Any archers/ other range classes can help on killing Runners. Runners can be 2-3 hit kills for us, but when either melee or range are done or secured aggro/ they can help with others throwing AoEs out there occasionally. Many and I mean MANY aps users will complain that the Runners will knock down the Cleric's Regeneration Aura. -That should only happen if you die OR Dinos have been displaced from original setting when luring because you're getting aggro with the AoE rather than Genie luring. This way: aggro is well distributed and magic AoE is minimal. Be sure to stay at range as all mobs will attack with mag at range.
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    TW is one of the best parts of the game especially for wiz. You may join an european server but maybe you don't want to leave your friends here. Lvl 100+ isn't very interesting. You may level another char to farm with for wiz. xD
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wiz is one of the cheapest if not cheapest classes to play. You can grind much longer with out pots than you can on an Assassin. You have less repairs than all but clerics who tend to spend more on MP than you, or venos which you already have. You don't have the expense of pets, pet skills, etc. Skills are either common or so rare people don't know what to charge. Be patient and good ones come along cheap. Lastly; Wiz is GREAT at Warsong Metal, and Rebirth. Warsong Metal can be on par for coin as Nirvana, and Rebirth is very good. All aps squads suck in Metal.

I'm a PvE only wiz. =P It is nice to have other toons for variety no matter what class you are.

1. Wizards have one of most expensive set of skills.

2. Using FC and Nirvana Assassins can get more profit than Wizards using minimal set of skills (so, they are not "very expensive" at high levels ?)
    ... You may level another char to farm with for wiz. xD

3. Wizards have low DPS and hp, so they have less chance to get any drop at TT and same instances.

Edit:
    My own opinion.
    TW is one of the best parts of the game especially for wiz... ...
    If you like to kill players ...

I do not like PvP. And idea to kill people (even in game).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    re roll if you dont pvp, endgame has nothing waiting for you
  • thumbs
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1. Wizards have one of most expensive set of skills.

Not in my experience. Sage Blood Paint cost me more than just about any 2 wiz skills I've got. I have yet to even see Subsea Strike.
    2. Using FC and Nirvana Assassins can get more profit than Wizards using minimal set of skills (so, they are not "very expensive" at high levels ?)

Assassins have to spend far more to be competent enough to earn more than a cheaper mage can in Warsong. Wiz does need to invest a bit more to do RB, but still far less than a 4.0 Sin. I wiz also at the same investment has far more survivability in Warsong.
    3. Wizards have low DPS and hp, so they have less chance to get any drop at TT and same instances.

Wizards have great AoE dps and HP is negligible when they have great defense + DB w/ expel. TT and Nirvana aren't the only good hots spots for coin. You haven't seen a well run BH metal with a wiz have you? The only drawback to metal is the 15m wait which can be multi-cliented/ boxed around.

I wouldn't recommend a wiz to totally new players, but if you have one already near 100; I don't think it hurts to level it for farming where it's effective.

I have a 4.0 base aps sin with over 6k hp (~500 more than my wiz has). If my Assassin doesn't have Cleric buffs; there's not much I want to do with it since I'd have to pot so much. -Not an issue for Wiz or Veno. Farming OHT maps is comparable with maybe a slight advantage to mages with far less investment.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not in my experience. Sage Blood Paint cost me more than just about any 2 wiz skills I've got. I have yet to even see Subsea Strike.

Assassins have to spend far more to be competent enough to earn more than a cheaper mage can in Warsong. Wiz does need to invest a bit more to do RB, but still far less than a 4.0 Sin. I wiz also at the same investment has far more survivability in Warsong.

Wizards have great AoE dps and HP is negligible when they have great defense + DB w/ expel. TT and Nirvana aren't the only good hots spots for coin. You haven't seen a well run BH metal with a wiz have you? The only drawback to metal is the 15m wait which can be multi-cliented/ boxed around.

I wouldn't recommend a wiz to totally new players, but if you have one already near 100; I don't think it hurts to level it for farming where it's effective.

I have a 4.0 base aps sin with over 6k hp (~500 more than my wiz has). If my Assassin doesn't have Cleric buffs; there's not much I want to do with it since I'd have to pot so much. -Not an issue for Wiz or Veno. Farming OHT maps is comparable with maybe a slight advantage to mages with far less investment.
    You make your profit from a veno (soloing instances with a herc veno) and a 4.0 aps sage sin doing powerlevels and also soloing instances, I don't think you should be trying to lecture wizards about this subject. Your wizard's coin was a product of some other class' profit. Wizards are not good money makers, they are highly expensive, with several trees to learn -- the only thing I can think of more expensive just to learn necessary skills is a BM, however, BM's are highly profitable.. wizards not so much.
  • MrsChow - Harshlands
    MrsChow - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have been playing since Jan 06, 2008 (Perfect World - 2 different versions). Leveled every old class to 100 old-skool.

When things get boring for me, I help. And I got my alt guild DarkHalo up and running, and that is what I am going to do. FC/TT, Culti, mentor....

The thing is, no matter how boring it gets, there is something fullfilling in helping someone totally new or fairly new to PWI.

I tell them, have fun with your class, only do FC once you get to 85+ or so (if that). Do not be in a break-neck speed to have-have-have and remember the peer pressure in-game is very real also.

To teach a small veno, the tricks of the trade, what took you years to master and slowly watch them grow and evolve, is just so rewarding. Sometimes they go off w/o a word, sometimes they stay close by, but you know 'you' helped them grow...

I like it and that is what I plan to keep doing. Help those totally-frustrated players that can't get a TT squad or a culti boss - etc....

I like to build up to be a strong toon, so I can turn back around and help those that cannot put $ into the game like I can. It can be a win-win.

Sure, sometimes you get total ars wipes but you know, sometimes they grow up and come around. Sometimes not - its a gamble.

My days are busy and to see a boss through their eyes - the first time they see it and got WOW....is just so worth it.

It's kinda of reliving our noob days over and over.... which we know we cannot do because we are too seasoned.

But yeah - that's what I do and I am loving it.

you should just go pop out a few kids ijs
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    wow i barely managed to lvl one char the old way up to 101
    so much time for pointless lvling

but all classes?

only thinking about lvling every class to 100 for keys now, now when it can be done in a few days
    i like potato
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Honestly, here's what I would do.

Roll a barb on the new europe servers. They will probably be starved for barbs. you will level fast. Someone might even powerlevel you just to have a barb friend, lol

You obviously like pve, and I never did as much pve as when I was leveling my barb.

You can even probably get into tw easily that way. The basic skill to pull a cata for a vit barb is not that hard. Sure, as far as cata barbs go, you will probably suck at first, but give it a try. As long as you are not your only faction's barb, you can at least make for a good distraction and get a few hits on a tower or something, and it gets you into TW to see what its like.

Then, use the barb to farm TT, get coin, and roll whatever you want. A psychic maybe? If you like a wizard, you will likely LOVE a psychic.

TW is the best part of end game, true, but a wizard without at least rank 8 nowadays is useless in pvp.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if i rerolled i would probably create 3 accounts

1 BM/Sin "doing something" account - coin, items, auction transactions here
    starting here with a Barb might be better maybe :o they are probably more needed early than BMs and sins will be everywhere

lunar-nirvana gears! this char wont ever PK - no need for bound items :o

2 Arcane Armor "fun" Account - Wizard /cleric for buffs and sharing of wiz :o
    Pking with SL on without getting pissed at it making you unable to trade
    :P

3 Barb-Shop lvl100 "i aint leaving safe zone" - for buff opening nirvana D:< and running back to shop position being all fluffy with no gears!
    lvl100 on it when the other chars are already 100 :P
    i like potato
This discussion has been closed.