why Clerics are so damn good

bennymars
bennymars Posts: 40 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
i have a level 82 psychic. but i stop temporarily and make a cleric because of these following
reasons.

1.) They are also a great tanker. they are the only ones (or maybe some other class?). who can solo and beat all those bosses in secret frost cover grounds and valley of disaster dungeon.

when im doing my bounty hunter quest in these dungeons and i asked those high level players for help. they always said to me "find a cleric first...". because they can't solo it. archers, assassins etc.. But this damned cleric help me and he solo it!. both secret frost cover grounds and valley of disaster. WOW. cleric can do that alone.

2.) they are also a great nuker. and a great PVPer..

i watched some pvp and duels outside of the archosaur. and i saw a high level cleric fights a high level wizard and psychic 1on1 (at the same level). he beat both of them so easily.wow.. and in pk mode a cleric also kills a blademaster and an assassin 1on1.. So I'm amazed that a support class like a cleric can do better also like those nukers in PVP and duel.

3.) they are one of the best support class (healer).
its so obvious and there is no need to elaborate it more..

4.) and the last ( which is so cool) they save a lot of money in a "bounty hunter quest"
most of the time, party use an item (wine right?) to remove the mobs inside the dungeon. and thats a lot money... i can tell you that most of the time they don't ask clerics for money contribution for that item because they are healers. haha!. you will really damn save a lot of millions in this. ^_^

So in short. a cleric is also a tanker, a nuker, a support and saves a lot of money all in 1 damn class.. a very independent class..

(note: they are all robe wearers not a light armor or heaver armor wearers)
Post edited by bennymars on

Comments

• Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1) A cleric cant tank **** unless its a high level with good gear, or have a charm or are HA/LA.
    2) A great nuker? Clerics are eh nukers. A nuker is someone who has high dmg in the AOE. Pvp, yes a cleric is good in pvp, if u build right.
    3)of course they are, they are the only full support class.
    4)One thing u need to learn about a cleric, is ok, u may in some BHs not have to pay a wine fee, but u spend a **** load of money on pots and charms. A cleric is a money sucker. Just because u may save a few coins here and there, doesnt mean u save alot. A cleric goes through alot of mana, so u need alot of pots.

If used right, yes a cleric is an independant class, but there are alot of things a cleric cannot do alone, untill the higher lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1) A cleric cant tank **** unless its a high level with good gear, or have a charm or are HA/LA.
    2) A great nuker? Clerics are eh nukers. A nuker is someone who has high dmg in the AOE. Pvp, yes a cleric is good in pvp, if u build right.
    3)of course they are, they are the only full support class.
    4)One thing u need to learn about a cleric, is ok, u may in some BHs not have to pay a wine fee, but u spend a **** load of money on pots and charms. A cleric is a money sucker. Just because u may save a few coins here and there, doesnt mean u save alot. A cleric goes through alot of mana, so u need alot of pots.

If used right, yes a cleric is an independant class, but there are alot of things a cleric cannot do alone, untill the higher lvls.
    I don't agree with what you said about charms, just normal pots can do well and nowadays the divine quests give a decent amount of excellent pots, and of course the lvl 75 pots which are very cheap. I myself never had a charm on except for the TB one and it lasted 3 months <_<
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i absolutely love my cleric. while i did give it the best gear i could and purposely slow its lvling so i could max its skills.

gear: http://pwcalc.com/25b8e31fa20b347f

i like it becuase though i might not be the "best" dd (I'm no psychic or wiz.)
    i still hit very hard, and in almost every squad people complement me on my skills as a cleric.

stacking ih on myself during solo fights i can heal about 2k health between normal mob attack, and i was able to complete solo obsidian ant queen for divine order.

i was also able to solo tank bosses in bh 59 with the rest of the squad dead while i was resing them buffing them

im doing all of this uncharmed.

cleric is a fantastic solo class imo and great in duels to boot. again i cna do more than most clerics, and im all reality with my experience i would not be at all surprised of i was the best cleric of my level on my server.

but if u put time and effort into your class u wont ever regret being a cleric
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't agree with what you said about charms, just normal pots can do well and nowadays the divine quests give a decent amount of excellent pots, and of course the lvl 75 pots which are very cheap. I myself never had a charm on except for the TB one and it lasted 3 months <_<

Well yea, iv never used a charm other than the quest rewards either, mainly because i cant afford it. The charm was just an example i guess. I mean u can do it without the charm and just use a crapload of pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My cleric is only level 40 but I am having a blast. I usually questing by myself and get invited to squads every time they see me. Though occasionaly I get asked for a rez XD. But I 3 shot mobs 3-4 levels above me. Just got me about 15 hypers. But I havn't used any yet because I'm not wanting to speed through my cleric. I want to enjoy each level and learn everything there is to know about it.

I don't care about leveling fast. What's wrong with most of these higher levels now. Most speed through the levels and when it comes time to stare a tough battle in the face they forget what to do. My cleric is on Heavens Tear as it was my first server but he's factionless. Just wanted to say I love playing a cleric and can't wait for some better skills. =D
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My cleric is only level 40 but I am having a blast. I usually questing by myself and get invited to squads every time they see me. Though occasionaly I get asked for a rez XD. But I 3 shot mobs 3-4 levels above me. Just got me about 15 hypers. But I havn't used any yet because I'm not wanting to speed through my cleric. I want to enjoy each level and learn everything there is to know about it.

I don't care about leveling fast. What's wrong with most of these higher levels now. Most speed through the levels and when it comes time to stare a tough battle in the face they forget what to do. My cleric is on Heavens Tear as it was my first server but he's factionless. Just wanted to say I love playing a cleric and can't wait for some better skills. =D

can we Duplicate u a million times and spread u in servers ???/ PLSSSSSSSb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    bennymars wrote: »
    4.) and the last ( which is so cool) they save a lot of money)

Rolls arround and dies of laughter, uses mystic rez buff and continues to laugh*

Im not sure WHO told you the lie that we save money as a class but they lied to you....big time. I have a sin, a mystic, a veno a psy and a cleric and my cleric has been by FAR the biggest money sink of them all(well now im making money out my *** but thats only because im married to a sin and we live in tt)

But srrsly were expensive as hell, most notably in the early lvls when we cant use mana food and are forced to hold bb for long periods of time, even with appo pots it eats mana like a ***** but then again i was below 75 for quiet some time <,<

(although i will say we arent as costly as we were a few years ago*shudders*)
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bennymars
    edited July 2011
    Rolls arround and dies of laughter, uses mystic rez buff and continues to laugh*

Im not sure WHO told you the lie that we save money as a class but they lied to you....big time. I have a sin, a mystic, a veno a psy and a cleric and my cleric has been by FAR the biggest money sink of them all(well now im making money out my *** but thats only because im married to a sin and we live in tt)

But srrsly were expensive as hell, most notably in the early lvls when we cant use mana food and are forced to hold bb for long periods of time, even with appo pots it eats mana like a ***** but then again i was below 75 for quiet some time <,<

(although i will say we arent as costly as we were a few years ago*shudders*)

i already have level 60 cleric right now and i can say cleric consume less pots and money than the psychic which i also have (level 82).

1.) cleric most of the time doesn't contribute money for wine in bounty hunter quest. as a psychic, they frequently ask me for the contribution or sometimes they let me buy the whole wine which is half a million. everyday we do the bounty hunter quest. the fact you don't consume money for that is a big help.

2.) secret frost cover grounds, valley of disaster and wraith gate.. iron heart blessing and wellspring surge heal is enough. and thats not pot consuming compared when i was nuker (psychic).

3.) when im training alone (leveling), i can just sit and recover my mp. and it only takes a few seconds to fill because of clerics celestial guardian seal.

so base on experience i consume less money in my cleric than when im a psychic.
  • ChubbyKyros - Lost City
    ChubbyKyros - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Basically not attacking = Regeneration Rate higher.
    But that will not means save more money. Remember in an instance whenever there is a party wipe you are the only one not getting ress. b:sad
  • fideldi
    fideldi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well moneywise we are just as expesive as most other classes imo.
    1.) cleric most of the time doesn't contribute money for wine in bounty hunter quest. as a psychic, they frequently ask me for the contribution or sometimes they let me buy the whole wine which is half a million. everyday we do the bounty hunter quest. the fact you don't consume money for that is a big help.

Anyway, who told you that lie about wine fees. a) Not once was the wine fee free for me on my clerics. (Yeah i have two which arent powerleveled...) And b) Wines cost 200k and no more. Its your own problem if you pay half a mil xD
  • bennymars
    edited July 2011
    fideldi wrote: »
    Well moneywise we are just as expesive as most other classes imo.

Anyway, who told you that lie about wine fees. a) Not once was the wine fee free for me on my clerics. (Yeah i have two which arent powerleveled...) And b) Wines cost 200k and no more. Its your own problem if you pay half a mil xD

yeah it cost 200k but you buy two of that so it cost almost a half a million. second sometimes there are 2 dungeons in a bounty hunter quest which means 2x the use of wine.

i don't know about you but most of the time they don't ask clerics for the contribution. because they will play a vital role in your party. and they can't start the quest without you.

and its not lies. its base on experience. when im still a psychic and doing the bounty quest everyday, i don't recall a time where they ask cleric to buy a wine...
  • fideldi
    edited July 2011
    And no - it costs 200k for both wines together...
    And regarding wines... Might also be the server. I play on Raging Tides and really never heard of that before. Maybe its just bad luck as well.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2011

so base on experience .

Says the lvl 60 cleric to the lvl 97... Anywho aside from you being on several kinds of drugs(you need bb for fc for at very least one room(several other pulls if your using a seeker/bm tank or are in a lower squad)( and you need to hold red bubble for heads) i said that we are expensive BEFORE lvl 75. Once we get mana food were good to go and cost exactly the same as pretty much any other mage character . But when pre 75, holding up bb while the party slowly chips away at TT or world bosses or spamming ih for 20 mins on one boss because the other robe dd's decide to meditate instead of use mp poits....yeah it adds up
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't known how so many people think that clerics are expensive o.O
    During a BH(And Im talking about BH39 >> 100),I hardly consume more than 10 mp pots(Mp food at 69+ normal pots for 39-59).
    That's because IF I don't attack my Mp regen is in non-battle mode and thus is kinda high,almost enough to keep Mp to full most of the times.
    Off course if I switch to attack mode I consume more Mp than other Mage Classes because I ALSO have to heal.

Oh and by the way as a Demon Cleric when I solo things and heal myself,with Demon IH which cost 400 Mp I recover 300 Mp everytime that's just 100Mp x Heal(At 100 its kinda insignificant).

On normal questing we actually need less pots than most other classes out there,because:
    - We don't need to use Hp pots
    - With a single Mp pots of our level we can heal ourself like 3-4 times(Low level pots),or 7+ times(Higher levels pots,not counting mp food),and a single heal of ours is more efficient than a 3-4 Hp pots together.That means a SINGLE Mp pots for use is equal to around 10-15 Hp Pots for other classes(But most of our heals get"Wasted",because of our generally low Hp,so we don't benefit that much,but still...)
    - We can self-buffs ourselves>>
    >> More Hp/Mp recovery = Less pots,
    >> More Mag/Phy Defence = Less damage Taken = Less Heals = Less Pots
    >> More Mag. Attack = Less Hits to kill a mob = Less Pots

(Also never heard of this"Cleric not paying Wine Share",ever o.O)

About BB,when you need to use it?

BH51
    Fushma = Single Target,Not needed(Unless who stole agro dies in 2 hits)
    Rankar = Will interrupt BB
    Wyrv = Its recomanded
    BH59
    All the bosses are pretty much the same,again no need to BB unless(See above)
    BH69
    You got Mp food :O
    BH79
    (Guess what)

If you wanna see a Pots-Devourer class,try a Mystic
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • bennymars
    edited July 2011
    Says the lvl 60 cleric to the lvl 97... Anywho aside from you being on several kinds of drugs(you need bb for fc for at very least one room(several other pulls if your using a seeker/bm tank or are in a lower squad)( and you need to hold red bubble for heads) i said that we are expensive BEFORE lvl 75. Once we get mana food were good to go and cost exactly the same as pretty much any other mage character . But when pre 75, holding up bb while the party slowly chips away at TT or world bosses or spamming ih for 20 mins on one boss because the other robe dd's decide to
    meditate instead of use mp poits....yeah it adds up

Your talking about FC runs at level 90+. and i think this is the time where everything became expensive to every class.

but for bounty hunter quest level 40 to 80. its cheap. well spring surge and iron heart blessing is enough. and no wine fees for the cleric.

anyway i stop at 80+ as a psychic and i don't know what lies head at level 90+ like what you said. but i think at that level i can get enough money for the expenses..

and i think stop here. i knew this board already. and i don't want this to become an argument. b:laugh

by the way about the wine again. of course sometimes they will ask you to contribute if non in your party can buy it alone. but its ok to say no. like you don't have the money for that. they will not remove you. because your important in the party. try to say no when your in different class and they might get angry on you or replace you.
  • fideldi
    edited July 2011
    I agree with you TrueHarmony. Whenever you have to BB or IH for a long time before 75 it might get expensive. Then again tanks pay way more for repairs and you can make the apos yourself... And whenever you dont BB - just heal for a long time - use a mp recovery apo and you're set. (You can also spark to a) gain some mp back and b) need less heals for a few seconds) And if you BB... Why should you BB for a long time anyway beside TT? Noone runs worldbosses anymore with 74 and lower. At least not on my server. And during bh51 you dont need it either. Nor in bh59 except if some LA char tanks the boss and there are two clerics...

So basically - on my second cleric i never really needed BB before 80 (when i started with occasional fc runs. BB is overrated anyway... Until bloodpaint really heals alot, IH stacking heals more. So use it whenever the tank can survive two hits or more without dying... And when the dds wont hold back and start aggro ping pong: You normally can ih two persons without a problem in the bh's... And if it isnt, then either your build sucks or the dd/barb combo does... (Barb fails cause he cant aggro and/or dd fails cause he cant control damage and is squishy as hell... Just let him die in that case until he learns smt from it... >:3)

And now back to the actual post of the OP - We can solo (or even dual cleric b:shutup) pretty much and do other stuff as well ^^ (Wyvern though can be really tough until you have great gear (or a vit build...) when he uses his curse) b:victory
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    by the way about the wine again. of course sometimes they will ask you to contribute if non in your party can buy it alone. but its ok to say no. like you don't have the money for that. they will not remove you. because your important in the party. try to say no when your in different class and they might get angry on you or replace you.

I find this attitude bothersome, to say the least. It's right up there with Barbs wanting to be paid for everything, just that apparently you're expecting to never pay anything. It reeks of entitlement, and giving that kind of advice just breeds new generations of Clerics expecting the princess treatment and then flying into an outrage when they, gods forbid, happen upon a squad that expects them to pay their share.

/2cents
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Youre not on Harshlands and it wasn't me who runned bh51 and fb 59 for you right ?

At 101 any cleric can solo this dungeons in a very quick time and i do this for people when im bored.
    But i think any Class on 101 can solo his for you, so nothing special on that cleric.

In solo pvp clerics have issues with some classes, especially when they good geared.

And you made a right point, if i dont want to i dont have to pay buy in for any BH below level 100 bhs.
    Around level 70 - 93 i was using that extensive but the enlightment came with the wedding wines and that its better to pay all wines and profit than safing this puny fee.
    I hate Room 38