PWI International Championship

Comments

• alkhemist
    alkhemist Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Last time I checked, there was only 1 other thread about the Tourney and it was asking if we were going to participate in it. This is actually about the tourney. And you moved it here of all places -_-

Learn 2 be a forum mod.

*Facepalm*

*EDIT*:And now you move it back. Smart move guy.

WTB training for Forum Mods...
    IGN: Alchemist
    Class: Champion
    Guild: Einherjar

'All the Einheriar fight in Odin's courts every day; they choose the slain and ride from battle; then they sit more at peace together.'
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have to admit, that switch-a-roo threw me for a loop... i don't even know where it was moved.
    edited July 2011
    OK, lets stop beating on the mods.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ermm but you moved my Thread From HT sub-Forums .. Where people from HT can give their servers view on it and have a personally server conversation about it to general chat ???? lol idiot

This. If a mod can move it back, it would be nice. HT likes to talk about stuff like having impacts and such on the server's community.

Honestly though, ppl will just make a new on in HT. Like me if there isn't one by tomorrow.

>:]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What the hell is with having to fight a mob in the middle of a PVP tourney? Thats just a test of who has APS.

You would see alot more diversity in the squad if you didnt force every squad to get a 5.0 zerk int dagger sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    <---Still a new mod, still learning here >< no need to be a jerk about it. Just make a new one Knownace or Conavar *sighs*.

Night all, I apologize.

edited July 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    <---Still a new mod, still learning here >< no need to be a jerk about it. Just make a new one Knownace or Conavar *sighs*.

Night all, I apologize.

lol, its cool. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited July 2011
    Kris dont feel bad, everyone is entitled to mistakes...... i mean we all chose to play this game right? xP
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Unless they give everyone equal refine and sharded gear purely for this event, this is not a test of skill nor team work in anyway, lol.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The tournament over here:
    o The USA server tournaments will take place on Tuesday August 19th and Wednesday August 20th.
    o Tournament Schedule Below

Time Tuesday (7-19-2011) Wednesday (7-20-2011)

soooo since 7-19-2011 means july. is the tournament in july or august?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    tourny to decide who reps pwi is july, china tourny is august.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    "Free trip to China" is a big lie.

I mean, the amount of money one spends to gear up for this (especially in newer servers) is more than enough to afford 3-4 first class round trips to China..
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Unless they give everyone equal refine and sharded gear purely for this event, this is not a test of skill nor team work in anyway, lol.

This. I might take part in the first thing, but I won't go any further. Fail event is fail.
  • LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver
    LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This seems interesting to me, but Im not in any TW faction so I guess I'll just poke my sources who are and figure out what's going on.

PS. Grats Asterelle (sp) on 105 b:chuckle
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is going to be amusing, to say the least. Because you can bet your a$$es that the Chinese players will have much more skill, and perhaps a few warsouls, all +12, compared to what will likely be mere hyper-FC'ed R9 users with +10-12. And by the rare chance that any of the PWI players actually do have skill, they still will likely be outclassed by the Chinese players with their Warsoul weapons and the OCD-level skill that many hardcore asian gamers possess. Add to this the fact that 5aps cannot be abused by multiple BMs and Sins(since only one of each will be allowed)

In short, PWI is likely to be slaughtered by the Chinese players, even with R9 and 5aps.
    And either way, I have the feeling PW-Beijing is going to be pissed when they see a team full of R9, more so if the team also consists of 5aps classes that are not BM or Sin. Which could very well result in PWI(the company, not the players) being punished for being so ignorant and greedy.

At least, this is my opinion, we will all just have to wait and see. I am glad to see the 18 year age limit and class restrictions in place, as that severely hinders the effect of PWI's greed on the outcome of this event.
    all this proves is that pwi has the ability to migrate accounts, which they need to open up for us to take a stroll to different servers...

So true. But then again, this should be no surprise to anyone, as Frankie already got caught lying about name changes not being possible.
    PWI can make such changes, they simply don't want to. Because if they could migrate accounts or characters, why would anyone shell out the cash for the new euro servers when they could simply migrate their already endgame, heavily cash shopped characters?
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The same people who will win a pvp 6 v 6 is not the same squad who would do best at a boss fight.

Will the pvp arena have flying?
    Will reflect function in the pvp arena?
    Will it be only self buffed?
    is clerics ressing, mystic rez buff legit?

I"m thinking

Barb, wiz, psy, bm, veno, cleric, + sin alternate for boss fight.

Speaking as someone from RT, there won't be a team of full +12 rank 9 from here, but there are quite a few +12 wep +10 armors, 5-6 grade 16 +12 cube necks running around, but from one faction no wheere near 6 people with full +12 rank 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I PWI is gonna get pwned hard by the China servers, Asians are just better at video games especially this game is made by them.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is there a korean server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The problem everyone points out is how they are handling gear. If we face Chinese server people that don't even have rep/rank 9 sales in their game....roflcopter.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wtf is this BS, it's a battle of the biggest Visa card.
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wtf is this BS, it's a battle of the biggest Visa card.

More like....Visa (triple-platinum) +12. b:shockedb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would say this is pointless and stupid and I'll just ignore it.

But it is HILARIOUS to see people make sock-puppets to try and get themselves nominated :)
    edited July 2011
    Personally, I think being the champ of this thing is embarrassing. Just my take on it, won't be envious of a guy or girl going to China and fighting for a title...............made by PWi........b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This thing kinda sucks. You get 6v6 tourney between squads from TW factions.

How is that any different than what we get every thursday?

We don't even get to fight people from other PWI servers! The only way we get to compete with the other servers is fighting a mob. Thats so lame.

To make this interesting make it a cross-server tourney.

Secondly, why is this thing scheduled for 3pm on a tuesday? Ridiculous time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LOL these gms are so ****ing stupid. ur choosing the team by a timed boss fite = all r9 +12 r going to tournament = mostly all unskilled ppl since r9 = tab target and auto attk ur opponent to death. if they give all equal gear for all characters in the actual tournament pwi team = out in first round cuz my and cn will **** ur ****
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this isnt the only MMO that is doing a international championship. its also not the only MMO where the teams are chosen by boss fights/timed pvm trials.

hmm, i wonder why a few other MMOs are having these international championships all in the same year? did starcraft 2 start something for the esports scene <.<
  • _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver
    _SoulCrusheR - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So... the USA championship will look like http://ru.justin.tv/pw_ru/b/289877231 (taken from russian video-translation of their championship).
    Every1 is going to obtain full r9+12 w/ vit (i suppose, dont know for sure) stones, 100 LP genie, NO flying mounts and flying is acceptable, u WILL NOT use any attack boxes (even from daily event).
    Oh ye, u cant use aps gear or fists. Only r9.
    The 1st price shall be: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28418. Yes it is confirmed from Russian GM source.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This thing kinda sucks. You get 6v6 tourney between squads from TW factions.

How is that any different than what we get every thursday?

We don't even get to fight people from other PWI servers! The only way we get to compete with the other servers is fighting a mob. Thats so lame.

To make this interesting make it a cross-server tourney.

Secondly, why is this thing scheduled for 3pm on a tuesday? Ridiculous time.

My bet is they are running out of time and resource to do it at the moment.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    That's one thing I'd congratulate them for. An event that is at a viable time regardless of timezone?

It's not an event I care about - but well done nonetheless.
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol u people like to complain huh ?

stop the QQn they doing something fun finally jeeeeez b:sweat
This discussion has been closed.